• Published 2nd Jan 2014
  • 4,576 Views, 20 Comments

Dumbo's Adventures in Equestria - Big Mike the Brony



When Dumbo's Flying Circus discovers a portal to Equestria, It's an experience that both the circus and the ponies of Equestria will never forget.

  • ...
0
 20
 4,576

Chapter 2: Twilight and her friends meet Dumbo

When Twilight Sparkle followed the elephant matriarch to the circus tents, she saw the different animals that live there as if it’s their mobile home. The other animals were even more surprised to see Twilight.

“This must be one of the Technicolor ponies that the workers are talking about.” A zebra whispered to a camel.
Twilight stared in awe at the tall giraffes. Jordan quickly spotted her as if she is someone new.

“Hello there.” He said.

“Hello.” Twilight replied in a surprised voice.

Twilight was even more surprised.

“These animals look like they were from Fluttershy’s cottage.” She said to herself

Soon, she followed the matriarch to the big top. When she went inside, she saw more of the humans that are working in the circus. There were acrobats, tightrope walkers, animal trainers, and the funny clowns. They all are practicing for both the parade and the big show.

“See that stout man with a moustache, a red coat and a top hat?” The Matriarch asked Twilight while she pointed to the Ringmaster.

“Yes.” Twilight answered.

“He is in charge of all the humans in the circus.” The Matriarch told Twilight. “You can even say he is in charge of us animals too.”

“He kind of reminds me of Princess Celestia,” Twilight thought.

Suddenly she felt something fly right by her.

“What was that?” Twilight gasped.

“That’s Dumbo,” The Matriarch told her, “ He‘s the world’s only flying elephant and the star of our show.”

“That’s impossible.” Twilight thought.

But it’s true; she saw the elephant flying through the big top. He did summersaults in the air and performed different kinds of aerial tricks.

"I'll just leave you alone for a while." The elephant matriarch said.

And with that she left to be with the other elephants.

By the time Dumbo had finished practicing, he soon caught a glimpse of Twilight as is she is something he has never seen before. Timothy was also amazed.

"Dumbo," he whispered, "you see what I see?"

"Yes." Dumbo replied.

For a moment, both creatures gaze at each other with awe and surprise. Finally, Dumbo soon began to talk.

"You look like the unicorn in my storybook." He cried.

"Thanks," Twilight said, "I am Princess Twilight Sparkle. Who are you?"

"My name is Jumbo Junior, but everyone calls me Dumbo."

"How did you fly without any wings, Dumbo?" Twilight asked.

"I use my big ears to fly around during my circus act." Dumbo replied.

Twilight looked closer at Dumbo's hat and saw Timothy.

"Nice to meet you Twilight, I'm Timothy Q. Mouse. I'm his manager, best friend and I helped Dumbo fly to fame."

"How did can a small mouse like you help a young elephant like him fly to fame?" Twilight asked.

Before Dumbo and Timothy had the chance to talk, they suddenly heard a voice.

"There you are, Twi."

The voice came from an orange pony with a cowboy hat named Applejack and following close behind are the rest of Twilight's friends; Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Spike and Fluttershy.

"I'm surprise to see you here." Said Twilight.

"We saw the circus big top go up so we figured you would be here." Rainbow Dash smiled.

"Plus Spike told us about it." Pinkie Pie added.

"Are these friends of yours, Twilight?" Dumbo asked.

"Yes." Twilight replied. "These are my friends. Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, AppleJack, Rarity, Fluttershy and my #1 assistant, Spike."

"Charmed I'm sure." Rarity insisted.

"Everypony, this is Dumbo, The world's only flying elephant and this is his friend, Timothy Mouse."

"I'm famous for my big ears because they help me fly." Dumbo stated.

"How did a cute baby elephant like you fly like a bird with ears so big." Pinkie Pie asked.

Dumbo replied "Well before I used my ears to fly, they gave me a hard time. Everyone used to mock ridiculed me and my ears ever since I was born. It even got my mother in solitary confinement when she was trying to protect me."

"That's terrible!" Fluttershy gasped.

"And on top of that," Timothy added. "They made him a clown as punishment for ruining the pyramid of elephants act."

"But with a help from a group of crows, Timothy gave me enough courage to help me become famous in the end." Dumbo concluded. "I even get to see my mother again."

"Speaking of which, where is your mother?" Asked Spike.

"I'm right here." Mrs. Jumbo replied as she walked up to Twilight and her friend. "I heard every word."

"You must be a proud parent to this famous star." Said Rarity.

"Why thank you, Rarity." Mrs. Jumbo beamed.

"I remember when my parents were proud when both my brother married Princess Cadence and when I became a princess." Twilight remarked.

"Would you like to see the parade and big show tomorrow?" Mrs. Jumbo asks.

"We'd be honored." Twilight answered.

"You all are going to love it," Mrs. Jumbo said. "There are cream-white horses, licorice-colored seals, gilded cage wagons full of ferocious beasts like lions and tigers, there's even a hippo pulling the calliope."

"That sounds like fun."

"The best part is that I fly overhead with Timothy on my hat." Dumbo added. "The first time I'm in a parade was shortly after I was born. Needles to say, it was embarrassing tripping over my ears into a mud puddle."

"Come on, my dear." Mrs. Jumbo said "we need to prepare for both the parade and the show tomorrow."

"Yes mom." Dumbo calls back. "See you later."

Author's Note:

I'll make sure Princess Celestia and Luna meet the Ringmaster in the next chapter.