• Published 2nd Jan 2014
  • 4,577 Views, 20 Comments

Dumbo's Adventures in Equestria - Big Mike the Brony



When Dumbo's Flying Circus discovers a portal to Equestria, It's an experience that both the circus and the ponies of Equestria will never forget.

  • ...
0
 20
 4,577

Chapter 3: The Ringmaster's Surprise

Later that evening after Princess Luna lowered the moon, her sister walked up to her and told her some important news.

"A strange circus have come to Equestria, dear sister." Celestia told her. "It's in Ponyville right now."

"I've seen many weird circus come and go in Equestria." Luna replied. "What's so different about this one?"

"This circus isn't exactly run by ponies like all others."

"What do you mean by that, Tia?"

"Let me show you." Celestia says.

Then, both alicorn princess opened their wings and took to the sky, flying to the circus grounds in Ponyville. Soon they reached the tents where they landed behind a circus wagon. Peering from the side, Luna was amazed to see the circus people feeding and watering the horses, elephants and other animals.

"You're right, sisters." Luna says. "This is a strange circus. What do you think are these creatures?

"Must be some kind of hairless apes." Celestia replied.

"Maybe we could talk to one of them." Luna suggests.

"Yes, but who?"

Just then, they heard footsteps of someone coming out of one of the tents. It was the ringmaster who isn't seeing where he is going.

"Multi-colored, talking ponies, Bah!" he grumbled. "I'll believe that when one starts yelling at my face."

No sooner did he say those words when he ran into the two princesses.

"GREETINGS STRANGE CREATURE." Luna said in her traditional royal canterlot voice. "TIS A PLEASURE TO FINALLY MEET YOU."

The ringmaster screamed like a girl.

"Don't you scare me like that." He shouted in alarm.

"So sorry about that." Celestia said. "My sister, Luna, sometimes can't control her traditional voice in public."

"It's okay, I'm used to surprises anyway." The ringmaster replied as he calmed down.

Then he jumped in surprise.

"You're both one of them." He gasped.

"Of course we are." Celestia said.

"No, no, no, no!" The ringmaster denied.

"Tis the truth, strange one." Luna argued.

"No, no you can’t, I must be dreaming" The ringmaster argued back "Oh, wake me up! Wake me up!"

The ringmaster grabbed a nearby pail of water and poured it on top of his head.

"Now we will see who’s dreaming." He finally said as he walked back towards the princess, still dripping a little bit. "Go on… say something."

"I like this one, Tia" Luna chuckled. "He's funny."

"You DO talk!"

"Of course," Celestia said. "My name is Princess Celestia and this is my sister, Luna."

"Delighted to make your acquaintance,"

"Are you the leader of these strange creatures?" Celestia asked.

"I am but a humble ringmaster," he said. "Me and my staff as well as this circus came from a place called the 'United States of America."

"And what, pray tell, is your ruler of this 'United States' of which you speak of?" Luna asked. "Is it a prince, princess, king or queen?"

"Our nation is ruled based on democracy with the president being the executive, the legislative branch consisting of Congress and the judicial branch of the Supreme Court."

"Interesting," Celestia thought. "And how do you pay for the food and clothes where you came from?"

"With these," The ringmaster explained as he pulls out a dollar bill as well as a copper penny, and a silver nickel, dime and quarter. "How do you pay for your necessities?"

"We use bits, like this." Celestia said as she used her magic to show a gold coin known to the ponies as a bit.

"YOU USE GOLD TO BUY THE STUFF YOU NEED?!" yelled the ringmaster. "THAT'S CRAZY!"

"What's wrong with that?" puzzled Luna.

"Where we come from," the ringmaster said. "Gold is very valuable and costs hundreds if not thousands of dollars."

"Very interesting," remarked Luna.

"But it also leads to corruption and violence." He added.

"Now that sounds serious," Celestia exclaimed. "Don't worry, we'll make sure you use the gold wisely."

"Thank you, my fair princesses," said the ringmaster. "Well, I better get some sleep. This circus has got a big day tomorrow. We're having a big parade to announce the arrival."

"I'll let Twilight know about it," replied Celestia.

With that, Celestia and Luna took off into the night sky back to the castle while the ringmaster went to his tent and got dressed for bed. When Celestia reached her chambers, she wrote a letter to Twilight that says...

"Dear Twilight Sparkle

I may have a feeling you know about this strange circus, so I'm tasking you to put up signs and posters to announce a big parade early tomorrow morning. I may know that you once loved visiting the normal circus since you are a filly and it would be wonderful if you help this circus out.

Your prized teacher

Princess Celestia"

When she was finished, she used a special magic that made it vanish into a small green flame to appear at the castle when Spike burps it out. Twilight read the message and knew what to do. Using her magic, she create a poster marking the big parade and used a duplicating spell to make copies.

"We better get ready for tomorrow morning, Spike," Twilight said as she got into bed and sets her alarm clock to 6:00 a.m. "We got a big day tomorrow."


At the elephant tent, Mrs. Jumbo and her son are getting ready to sleep as well.

"I can't wait to show the crowd my best aerial tricks, mom," said Dumbo excitingly.

"I know you will," Mrs. Jumbo commented. "But you need to get some rest."

"Yeah," added Timothy Mouse. "You need to relax those ears. We don't want them to get sore from all that soaring."

"I will, Timothy," Dumbo chuckled. "I will. After all, you were the one to help me become the star."

With that, Dumbo closed his eyes and fell fast asleep, still feeling excited about tomorrow.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the long, long procrastination but here is the next chapter. Hopefully, it would have been worth the wait.

P.S: the way the ringmaster reacted to Celestia and Luna is like when Gepetto first reacted when he saw Pinocchio talk.