• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 3,521 Views, 108 Comments

True Beauty - bahatumay



Rainbow Dash saved Spike from a dragon attack--and paid for it dearly. Now scarred, in pain, and unable to fly, she becomes a recluse in her own house. Applejack is determined to get her out again. Somehow.

  • ...
20
 108
 3,521

Epilogue

Spike tugged nervously at his collar. “And you’re sure my name was on the invitation?” he asked again.

Twilight rolled her eyes. “For the fortieth time, Spike, yes. Your name was specifically on the invitation, and you’re supposed to be here.”

Spike looked down. “I don’t know,” he said. “I just feel kindof guilty, you know? Because I-”

Spike’s words disappeared as he felt himself be physically lifted from the ground and forced in a tight hug. When he could breathe again, he realized that it was Rainbow Dash who was squeezing him in a tight but affectionate hug.

She leaned down and whispered in his ear. “Don’t feel guilty. Don’t ever feel guilty. Applejack and me, we’re here today, together, because of what happened; and you—you gave me my life back, so don’t you ever feel guilty.”

Spike nodded and smiled nervously.

Rainbow straightened up painlessly and quickly adjusted her white shirt, tugging at the long sleeves that hid the scars that still covered her body. Though the spell had repaired her nerves and given her back her full range of movement, there was still little that could be done to fix her appearance. “That, uh… You didn’t see anything,” she warned, taking a step back and waving a hoof mysteriously in the air.

Spike chuckled. “Ok, I didn’t see anything.” He turned back to Twilight. “I’m gonna go see how the others are doing. You’d probably better run through the script again.”

Twilight grinned. “Don’t worry. I’ve already got it memorized.”

* * *

And sure enough, when the time came, Twilight Sparkle was perfectly prepared. She looked at the two ponies standing in front of her; Applejack in a dress that had probably been the one her mother used at her own wedding, and Rainbow Dash, now wearing a perfectly pressed tuxedo. Both shifted nervously, but it was the apprehensively excited nervous and not the afraid nervous, and Twilight couldn’t help but smile. She opened a large book resting on the podium (though that was largely just for show; she’d memorized this speech the night they’d asked her to officiate) and began to speak.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today…”

Author's Note:

Well, I guess that's it, complete with "Complete" tag. I suppose I could have drawn it out a bit longer, but I kindof liked having a nice quick resolution and I much prefer happy stories where it all ends ok
It's so weird to finish a story... I suppose I should thank people now? DbzOrDie was instrumental in bringing this story to life, and I can honestly say this story wouldn't exist without Rated PonyStar. And, of course, thanks to you all for reading.
Live long and Dash Apples!

Comments ( 12 )

3763542
You're making this too complicated... :unsuresweetie:
I just didn't feel like having them die as soon as they'd made up. :pinkiehappy:

3763565

You are right, I do tend to overly criticize things so I'm sorry for that. :twilightblush:

This was an awesome story, so realistic and almost depressing. But it got lighter and holy shit it's soooo awesome I wanted it to continue forever

Awww, that's cute

Adorable ending,very sweet story :heart:

I finally finished it. took me two freakin days. But I love, love LOVE it:rainbowkiss:

It's so sad when a great story comes to an end.:applecry:
Excellent work, looking forward to reading more.:pinkiehappy:

5279406
I did! :twilightsmile:
And I have another story coming out soon based on the Little Mermaid. :rainbowwild:

I enjoyed this story. It was very different from what I expected it would be, but I liked it none-the-less. I was expecting lots of drama, angst and suffering, but the story while dealing with a serious life-altering event was still able to maintain an air of light-heartedness that made the tale enjoyable without too much "woe-is-me" that many other tales of this sort fall in to (and can make them pity-fests instead of moving tragedies). Focusing mainly on AJ's and RD's struggles and leaving most of the mane six out was also a good choice. They weren't needed and you were able to tell a compelling tale at a comfortable pace without them.

Only thing was once Clover the Clever was mentioned, I was afraid a cop-out was coming. Glad I was wrong.

This was on my "to read" list for a long time and I am glad I finally got to reading it. Thank you for sharing this with us.

5370438
Thank you for reading and your thoughtful comments!
That balance you described in your last comment was pretty much exactly what I was going for, and I'm glad you thought I hit it.

This reminds me of beauty and the beast minus the curse part.

The story is still really good, I enjoyed it just as much as last time. Still a favorit.

Login or register to comment