• Published 14th Dec 2013
  • 1,438 Views, 30 Comments

Project Change - The One With The Crystal



One changeling. Two musicians. Three fillies. What could possibly go wrong.

  • ...
2
 30
 1,438

The News Arrives

Soaring Sorrows walked through the dense forest along with the snake demon slithering by her side. They stayed cautious about their surroundings. If they didn't pay attention they would be in serious trouble. The two continued into the forest for what seemed like hours when Soaring Sorrows fell down to the ground. The demon rushed to her side to see what was wrong only to have Soaring Sorrows push him away. "I'm fine really, but this is far as I can go. You can find your way back from here can't you?" she asked. The demon looked around at the surrounding area. He spotted a few landmarks that he knew and was sure that he could get back. With a nod of his head Sorrows smiled. "Thats good. Now go. I'm sure your family is waiting for you." she said.

With that the demon snake slithered off into the forest leaving Soaring Sorrows behind. The filly tried to stand on her hooves, but quickly found out that it was useless for her legs were too weak for her to stand on them. Then she felt herself drifting off as darkness started to cloud her vision. "Though I wasn't able to do much..... at least I helped one person. Its the least I could do." Soaring Sorrows said to herself before she allowed herself to be engulfed by light blue flames.

Pyxis awoke a few minutes in cold sweat. Which was quite exciting to him because he never woke up in cold sweat before. Soon he got over the sensation and was brought back to the real world by a sharp pain in his stomach. As he recoiled from the pain he used his magic to pull out one of his crystals and place it in his mouth. The ever so welcoming taste of love filled his mouth and filled him with the energy he needed to survive the day. Once Pyxis had his fill he looked around to see where he was and was now slightly scared. "How did I get here?" he asked himself.

In Ponyville everypony was talking about what had just happened. Soaring Sorrows the Angel. That filly was on everypony's minds that afternoon. It got so big that the news began to spread like a wild fire. Ponies began to come up with the theories, stories, even considering that the end of times was upon them. The news was still traveling as the colt Pyxis flew into town only to be tackled to the ground by three fillies. "Oh my gosh Pyxis did you hear about it?" yelled Sweetie Belle.

"They say she has a halo and everythang!" yelled Applebloom

"She was so awesome! Well not as awesome as Rainbow Dash, but still!" yelled Scootaloo.

"OW! Okay, one get of me. Two, stop yelling." demanded Pyxis as he rubbed his vibrating head. The three fillies got off of the poor colt allowing him to get his grounding. "Now can anypony tell me what is going on?" Pyxis asked with a slight hint of irritation.

"There was a filly here this afternoon. The ponies that saw her say that she suddenly grew angel wings and had a halo over her head. Twilight says she was hugging a demon the..... um Tardaus I think." said Scootaloo.

"Its called the Tartarus Scoots." said Sweetiebelle.

"Once again you prove that your a walking dictionary." said Scootaloo with a blank expression.

Pyxis was getting a headache and it wasn't from the girls' argument. His thoughts ran away from him as he began to wonder if he had seen that filly before. Did he see her in Canterlot? Was she that girl that tried to give him a milkshake? 'Wait when did that happen? Argh. I'm getting off track.' Pyxis thought. "Hey Applebloom."

"What?" Applebloom replied.

"What did the filly look like?"

"Well from what ah heard she looks like Fluttershy with the yellow coat and pink hair. The had angelic wings and a halo over head. She also wore the most beautiful dress too." Applebloom said.

"Argh. I know I know her from somewhere, but I can't seem to put my hoof on it" Pyxis said. As he continued think about the mysterious filly his train of thought was disrupted by a sudden grumble sound coming from somewhere. Pyxis looked towards Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo to see that Scoots was rubbing her stomach and slightly blushing. Sweetie Belle laughed a bit only to have her stomach growling as well.

"I suppose this is going to have to wait until later." Pyxis said.

"Sorry, there was so much going on that we forgot to eat lunch." Sweetie Belle said with an embarrassed smile.

Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Pyxis began to walk into town discussing where they were going to eat. The girls had their packed lunches and Pyxis wasn't that hungry. Now the only thing left to do was find a place to sit down and eat. After a while of walking around looking for somewhere to go the kids found no spot that could be good enough. Either one spot was too populated, a patch of grass was uncomfortable, a swarm of bees would erupt out of nowhere, or there would just be too many things going on to have a nice conversation. So Sweetie Belle finally came up with the idea to have lunch inside her sister's boutique. Nopony disagreed with the white filly's plan so off to the boutique it is.

Once inside the girls took off their saddle bags and took out their lunches. Applebloom had a daisy sandwich, a slice of apple pie, and a juice box. Sweetie Belle had a salad with a side of dressing, a bag of mixed fruit, and a carton of chocolate milk. Scootaloo had a grilled cheese sandwich, a bag of chips, and a juice box. As the fillies began to dig into their meal Sweetie Belle's older sister Rarity came into the room. "Sweetie Belle did you get the supplies that I asked you to get?" asked the older sister. Sweetie Belle nodded her head as she pointed towards her saddle bags. Rarity levitated them to her using her magic and looked inside. "Pencils, paper, my thread shipment, and my order of chocolate bonbons. Thank you Sweetie Belle." said Rarity.

"Your wephome." said Sweetie Belle with a mouthful of salad.

"Sweetie! How many times have I told you not to talk with your mouth full! Especially when there is company here!" Rarity said as she gestured to Sweetie Belle's friends. Then out of the corner of her eye she saw Pyxis sitting down with the rest of the girls. "Why hello dear. I didn't even notice you were hear. I dreadfully sorry." said Rarity.

"Its no problem Madam." Pyxis said.

"Oooh, he is cute and he has manners. You should keep this one Sweetie." Rarity said jokingly to her little sister to whom was now the shade of cherry.

"Rarity stop teasing me!" Sweetie Belle complained.

"What I can't toy around with my little sister for a bit? You know I'm just playing around darling." said Rarity. Sweetie Belle huffed as she started to drink her chocolate milk. "Well if your going to be like that I'm heading out for a bit. It will give some time to cool off. You know the rules Sweetie Belle. No rough housing, no playing inside, don't use the stove, if you need anything don't be afraid to come and get me, but most importantly. Don't go into the attic. There are fragile thinks up there and the last thing I need is for somepony to get hurt."

"Okay Rarity." replied Sweetie Belle.

"Alright then. I'll be heading out now. See you later darlings." and with that Rarity was off.

For a while the four kids talked after the lunch boxes were finished. They told each other short jokes that got a few laughs out of each other, but soon the four were starting to get bored. Pyxis mind started to get away from him again. He wonder about many things, but this time was he wondered what other rooms are there in this house. So he got up and started walking.

"Where you goin'?" asked Scootaloo.

"Just looking around." Pyxis replied.

He walked around for about half an hour. So far he managed to find a storage room, the kitchen, a downstairs bathroom, and a closet. Pyxis kept walking until he came upon a door that slightly ajar. He stopped in his tracks and starred at the door. The colt got an old feeling from the room as if something was pulling him in. As if something wanted him to go inside that room. Pyxis slowly extended his hoof to open the door fully. Slowly his hoof approached the door and he could feel it. Bit by bit he could feel it. That same pulling on his being as before. Just as he was about to open the door Sweetie Belle smacked his hoof away from the door. "What do you think your doing?" she asked furiously.

"Uh.....exploring?" replied Pyxis with a slight embarrassed face.

"Thats my sister's work room. If you get caught in there we're all going to be in trouble." Sweetie Belle said

"But...."

"No buts! I'm not about to get grounded just because you decided to go adventuring. If you want we can go outside and go on an adventure, but not in my sister's work room."

Sweetie Belle pulled Pyxis away from the door and into the living room. Pyxis could feel the pull on his being began to fade away to the point where he couldn't feel it anymore. As he allowed the unicorn fill to drag him away from the door he couldn't help, but feel as though he just lost something important. Though he couldn't put his hoof on it so for now he dismissed it.

Meanwhile, at The Golden Oaks Library. Twilight was searching through every book in her collection, searching for a spell that was very urgent as of now. While halfway through a spell book the door to the library was opened. Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash came rushing inside the residence. "Twilight we got your message. Whats wrong?" asked Rainbow. Twilight continued to look through her books as she responded to the cyan pegasus.

"I'm afraid I have some bad news for you girls." Twilight said.

"What is it?" asked Applejack.

"Half an hour ago I got a letter from Princess Celestia. They have taken increased security measures around Canterlot and she has sent a squad of Royal Guards here to Ponyville." replied Twilight

"Why w-would she do that?" asked Fluttershy softly.

Twilight stopped her searching for a minute. It was as if she was still trying to register what Celestia had sent her. "It appears that they have found changeling in Canterlot and they believe that the changeling may have came here." Twilight said as multiple gasps filled the room. Though Rarity being Rarity decided to faint onto the floor.