• Published 14th Dec 2013
  • 1,438 Views, 30 Comments

Project Change - The One With The Crystal



One changeling. Two musicians. Three fillies. What could possibly go wrong.

  • ...
2
 30
 1,438

Changeling On The Run

A small creature stood on that top of a building and surveyed the city. Which he had been doing for the past few days. Guards roamed the streets and the air. This was more of a reason for the figure to stay out of sight. The figure turned his head towards the horizon and saw that sun starting to descend from the sky. Not soon after the sun vanished past the horizon the moon began it's climb into the sky. Then the stars began to appear. The creature smiled. He had always loved the night sky. It held a certain type of beauty to it. As the moonlight began to shine down the figures features began to appear. A small black body could be seen. The figure's legs were filled with holes as were his insect wings. The creature's face looked as that of a pony, but a closer look showed that two short fangs sprouted out of the creature's mouth. It's eyes were a bright green, but there was no pupil. Just a lighter patch of green where the pupil was suppose to be. Around it's midsection was a belt that held three pink crystals on each side.

On top of the creature's head as a small curved horn. The creature was none other than a changeling. The changeling shook his head as he looked back down towards the streets. A guard had stopped to talk to a mare and a little colt. From the love emanating from them it was obvious that these three were a family. Though the changeling was so far away that he couldn't hear what was being said he could definitely tell what they feeling. The guard was feeling worried that his wife and child were outside when they should be inside. The wife was concerned about her husbands well being. Though that was quickly dismissed when the husband said something. After a couple of minutes of conversation the three said their goodbyes and probably a few promises to be safe.

The changeling flinched as a small prong of pain erupted from his stomach. The emotions in the surrounding area just from those three ponies was more that enough to bring out the changeling's hunger. It would have been so easy too. While the two parents were talking the changeling could have easily came down and had them for dinner even in his weakened state.

The pain soon subsided and the changeling shook his head. He had wasted enough time here. The Night Guards would be here soon and he didn't want to get caught. The changeling looked down at the street one more time. The coast was clear, he flipped off the building and landed on the ground perfectly. He shook his front hooves a couple of times followed by his hind hooves. Then he took a running start through the street. As he ran a light blue flame started to engulf his body. His normal form melted away and was replaced with a blue coated pegasus colt with green eyes and a smoothed back black mane.

With a couple of beats from his wings he was off. He looked back towards the city that he was leaving behind him. All the house lights were off and the streets were dark. There were a few light on the streets. The changeling guessed that some guards stayed behind to do some last minute searching. Though the lights were quickly distinguished as the night guards came towards the city. The changeling kept flying as some guards took to the sky and search the area from above. Though it was couple of more minutes before the changeling tired out and descended towards the land below.

He found a couple a trees that were arranged in an almost perfect circle. The leaves on top of the trees were thick enough for the changeling to hide, yet thin enough for him to see the sky. As the changeling struggled to get into the middle of the trees his mind began to wonder. He questioned about a lot of stuff. What was he? Why did everypony run away from him? What was his name?

That last question got stuck inside his brain for a long period of time. What was his name? He couldn't remember if he had one or not. His memory was a bit fuzzy and he remembered waking up to the cold outskirts of a town, being ran after, almost being killed, and other subjects that his wish not to think about, but before that it was all a blank. He contemplated on the subject at hand for a couple of more minutes before shrugging it off until later.

He removed his belt using magic and gazed at the pink crystals. Two of them were glowing with a bright pink glow while the rest were a dull pink. The young changeling removed one of the crystals from the belt and placed half of it in his mouth, letting the other end of the crystal to poke out of his mouth. Soon a sweet taste began to fill the changelings mouth. He moaned in satisfaction. Though as quickly as the taste came it vanished. The changeling removed the crystal from its mouth. The crystal had lost it's lights and was now dull pink.

The young changeling sighed as it laid down on the ground and looked up at the night sky. He could see the constellations in the night sky. From one of the books he 'borrowed' he could see almost any of the constellations now instead a bunch of stars. Though sometimes some stars were brighter and some were dimmer than others, but all in all the sky at night as amazing to him.

Then barely a few minutes later he found it. His favorite constellation, Pyxis. The young changeling smile slightly as he closed his eyes to sleep. Before he embraced the welcoming embrace of slumber he whispered to himself saying "Hmm, nice name.".

Author's Note:

This is something that I have been thinking about for a long time. Tell me what you think and give any advise on how to make it better.