• Published 14th Dec 2013
  • 1,438 Views, 30 Comments

Project Change - The One With The Crystal



One changeling. Two musicians. Three fillies. What could possibly go wrong.

  • ...
2
 30
 1,438

Arriving to town

The sun soon rose over the horizon. The warm rays of the sun managed to hit all of the land underneath it. Pyxis's eyes started to open, he stretched out his body as he morphed into a pegasus again. Looking at his crystals he saw that the one from last night had regained some of it's glow, but so far it was just a dim light. Pyxis frowned as he grabbed the belt in a light blue aura and tied it around his midsection.

Pyxis slowly made his way out of the circle of trees and surveyed his surroundings. There was a small river that cut through the land and a few trees scattered here and there. Beside that there wasn't much to see. The young changeling sighed as he looked back to where he left. The city was still there and probably filled with tons of ponies by now. The thought of going back slowly crept into Pyxis's mind, but it was soon ignored. Pyxis knew that leaving the city was his only way of escaping the guards and once he left there was no way of him going back without him being spotted.

The place had some kind of spell on it that canceled his changeling abilities for long periods of time. Though last night he got lucky and was able to transform, he didn't want to push his luck by going back. Pyxis turned his head and launched into the air. He was soon flying through the sky as fast as his wings allowed him. He always enjoyed being a pegasus. It came at a close second to being a unicorn.

As Pyxis flew he soon found a small town. One that had a large clock tower. As Pyxis descended he heard something coming towards him. It sounded like it was coming fast. Though before he could get a good look at what was coming towards him he something with rainbow colored hit him in the side. The force of the impact made Pyxis lose control of his flight path and was now heading towards the ground at rapid speeds.

The next thing that Pyxis felt was the hard earth colliding with him and pain flooded his entire being. Then he soon came to a stop. His whole body was covered in cuts and bruises. He could feel some of his ribs were cracked and one of his wings was broken. To him it wasn't anything too serious. Before he could get up he heard the sound of wings flapping and a female voice saying rapidly "Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead."

Pyxis looked up as he slowly got up onto his hooves embracing the pain that coursed through his body. The source of the voice was a cyan colored mare with a rainbow mane. The mare in front of him gasped and exhaled with a hint of relief. Though Pyxis could feel the mare's worry and made his way to her. "Hey don't worry about me miss. I'll be fine." Pyxis said. The mare looked at him with a confused look. "Your sure kid? You don't look too good." said the mare.

As Pyxis was about to answer the pain was starting to get to him as he flinched. After that the mare nodded. "Yeah your coming with me." she said as she carefully hoisted Pyxis on to her back. For a brief period of time Pyxis thought something bad was going to happen, but soon calmed down as he and the mare entered the town. The amount of love in the town was massive. It took all of Pyxis's willpower to resist taking in all of it.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw that three of his crystals were already at their full strength as they shined with a bright pink glow. Then the other side of his belt started to glow in a bright pink glow. Pyxis was amazed. He had barely been in this town five minutes and all of his crystals were already full of love. Pyxis reached for one of his crystals, but hesitated. If the mare saw what he was doing he would get into big trouble. Pyxis gulped as he removed the crystal from his belt and stuck it into his mouth. The sweet taste filled his mouth again. This time the flavor didn't fade away like all the other times before.

This time the flavor stayed inside the changeling's mouth and the light barely changed at all. This made Pyxis's eyes shoot wide open. Never before had he seen so much love packed into one crystal. As he continued to take in the crystal's stored love he barely noticed that his body was healing slowly. Some of the cuts and bruised had managed to be completely healed also his two cracked ribs. His wing healed slower than the rest of his body, but in time the wing would heal.

Pyxis heard the sound of hooves hitting something. He looked and saw that the mare had landed on the ground and was now entering a building. Inside the air was cool and refreshing. There was a couple of ponies standing in the room that the two had walked into. The mare quickly towards another mare at the front of the room. "I have a colt that got seriously hurt. Do you think you can him over." the mare said. The other mare at the front desk asked if she could see Pyxis. To make sure what type of injuries they were dealing with. The cyan mare turned to where Pyxis was insight. Pyxis looked at the mare at the desk. She had a white coat and a pink mane. On top of her mane was a nurse hat that had a plus sign in the middle.

While Pyxis looked at the mare the mare studied the young colt. He had a few cuts and bruises covering his body and one of his wings was broken. "He doesn't seem to have too many injuries, but we can fix him up right as rain. Give us a couple of minutes." said the mare as she took Pyxis from the cyan mare. "Thank you for bring this to my attention Rainbow Dash. Now how about you go find the boy's parents and tell them what happened?" asked the mare. The mare known as Rainbow Dash nodded her head. "You can count on me Nurse Redheart." Rainbow Dash said as she ran out the building. Pyxis looked at the Nurse with the crystal now in the corner of his mouth.

"Don't worry. Your going to be okay. Oh I think I have a letter from Pinkie Pie to give to you." said Nurse Redheart. As she walked deeper into the building she gave Pyxis a folded piece of paper. On it was a piece of colorful paper and writing. It read: "Hi and welcome to Ponyville! I'm soooo happy that I get to see somepony new in town! I'm going to throw you the biggest party you've ever seen! We'll stop by later to see if you are alright! Sincerely, Pinkie Pie and friends."