• Published 20th Sep 2013
  • 3,287 Views, 112 Comments

To Die Another Day - Slice141



A deadly outbreak of a very contagious virus has hit Equestria. Now years later Spike and Trixie the only survivors of the outbreak hold the cure for the future of the remaining nations.

  • ...
27
 112
 3,287
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 46 )

This feels a little rushed. Some bit need a little more exposition, like Spikes AJ following him by borrowing the Mane 6 AJ's body.

3525560its still not done and I plan on telling more about it in the next chap

Eminem beautiful

Great credits music or story music if you change some words

Different heaven & EH!DE - my heart

Good credits music for any story

3526877 she was torn apart by her animals

3527466 lol sorry I'm in the hospital right now.

Wait a tick....

If there is any sort of time travel or basic "reset button" shenanigans, isn't that a HUGE paradox??? From what I'm seeing here, Spike have saved the world. That, I get, but everything else is just..........:applejackconfused::applejackconfused::applejackconfused::rainbowderp::rainbowderp::rainbowderp::derpyderp1::derpyderp1:

That's what my mind is right now.

I thought if one were able to see another version of themselves, it basically cancels out both of them (spontaneous explosion, sudden death, drop dead, your choice of the cease of existence). You know, a paradox. How does that work and the world is apparently back to where it was???

Secondly, I need some comfirmation, with Spike, Gilda, and Applejack.
1/ Are they just their future selves, and is now gonna live in this universe as opposed to the universe they came from??
2/ Isn't there more than one AppleJack? Seems like there is the Applejack from the future that is in love w/Spike but was never returned, and this present AJ.
3/ How in the hell did Spike get with Cup Cake in the future anyway??? Isn't she, you know, MARRIED already with somepony, and WITH KIDS, as a bonus???

It's an interesting story, but I and just confused on a bunch of stuff ever since Future Spike (I presume) came to this Ponyville. Help a brother out!!!:raritycry::raritycry::raritycry:

3529111 ok in order
1 yes it is there future selves you learn this in chap 3
2 they love can conquer all and though cup and spike were together AJ's love for him is extremely strong that she made a deal after spike was killed
3you learn this in chap 2 or 3 I forget which one.

So no paradox or any of that stuff since celestia confirms it to twi after she passes out in chap 2.

3531632:twilightsmile: glad I could clear up any confusion

I was so hoping for the virus to start up again. :pinkiecrazy: Would have been interesting to see hell break loose with Spike's new lovers.

duh fuh how did gilda or applejack get here:applejackconfused: and whats up with the 3 way love????:rainbowderp:

what are the pictures supposed to be? I can't see.

I just found this story.
Once again, Solstice stands alone against the end of the world, it seems.:ajsleepy:
We will remember the fallen.
Oh, wait, Zombieland's the actual alternate, right?
Good thing Solstice isn't there! But it gives me an idea...

4152901 well they were picks of the inside of the house and bedrooms

"Princesses I think your gonna want to see this." She said as she flipped the flap open on the pack making the ponies gasp as they looked at six bloodstained elements of harmony.

Cue Davy Jones' music box playing from Pirates of the Caribbean.

I keep reading, and my OC mind keeps taking over, telling me "How could I let this happen. I watch ALL the alternate universes. How could I let this happen?"

Fluttershy turned slowly to the pink mare who was looking down as Fluttershy glared at her.

So cliché.

"Afternoon mini me and Ms Rarity." He said as Rarity giggled as his younger self grumbled.

Mini me
Inspired by Austin Powers?

"Yes AJ I could see us together maybe in another life but I love Cup Cake and I want her to be my wife AJ. But I can see us together maybe if things were different." He said as she smiled.

"Maybe in another life time AJ and things were different. But Im with Cup and I really do love her." He said as she nodded.

'Maybe in another life time' AJ thought as she climbed into be falling fast to sleep content and truely happy that she was that much closer to her favorite dragon.

Making their current romance all the more ironic.:duck::twilightsmile:

"This was the last stand wasnt it? This is when we lost contact with you isnt it?" He said to the who looked at him confused for a second.

"Sssssssppppppiiiiiikkkkkkeeee"

Spikes eyes widened with tears hearing Luna say his name.

"Yeah its me Lu." He said smiling as the mares bent down and lunged at once making Spike dive and roll away before coming up to see Cadences face. On instink he extended his claws and shoved his claw from the bottom of the mares jaw all the way out the top of her head.

"RAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!" He looked over to see Celestia running at him making his heart nearly stop as he pulled his hand from the mares head and jumped away just as the sun bringer slamed into spot he was at. She whipped her head to him just when he got to his feet. Spike got up just in time to feel a horn go through his side.

"AHHHHHH!" He screamed as he was lifted off the ground by Luna.

"Spppppppppiiiiiiiikkkkkkkkeeee." She said and bit into his back making him scream again as Celestia trotted over towards him.

"NO!" He yelled and kicked out smacking Celestia in the face hard knocking her back. He screamed again as Luna bit into him again before he took a deep breath and jerked right snapping the mares horn off and fell to the ground.

He quickly got to his feet and got away as hooves smashed into the spot he was at. He groaned in pain grabbed his sword and shoved it through Luna's chest and out her back cutting her spinal cord making the mare drop like a sack.

He turned and narrowly avoided being gored by Celestia's horn. He went to fly away but his wing was grabbed and was flung into the steps of the throne making Luna's horn go deeper into him losing his sword as it clattered to the ground.

"YAHHHHHHHHH! FUCK!" He screamed looked up just in time to catch Celestia's face from biting into his neck.

"GET OFF ME!" He said trying to push her back while she kept gettting closer and closer to. Spike started to panic before he looked at Luna's horn and got a idea, he used all the remaining strength he had and pulled her down on it forcing it out the top of her head.

"URK!"

He held her there with his head to hers just holding her while she struggled for a few seconds before her movements stopped.

"Im sorry, Im so sorry." He said before pulling her off of him and limped to his sword.

"Spiiiiikkkkeeee." He looked over to see the milky white eyes of Luna looking at him and her front two hooves trying to drag herself over to him.

"Luna." He walked over to her and put his hand under her jaw holding her head up to him.

"Im so sorry I wish I could have been here for you. Some friend I am huh?" He said and felt her nuzzle his hand.

"Spiiikkkee."

"I know I know shhhhhh itll be all over soon he said smiling at her as she weakly nibbled on his finger before going still looking up at him she got closer and layed her head on his lap. He could feel her breathing stop but not before saying one last thing.

"Thank...Youuuu." She said before going still. He choked on sobs and pulled her head in his chest before bursting into tears crying loud and long holding one of the other special mares in his life as they died.

Luna, always the one to make it to the end. May she now finally rest.

3544004
I think it's Time Lord Science...:twilightsmile:

I got a little confused on this chapter

4272057 4271923
You're a weird guy, PrinceoftheNorth. But I'll give you credit for making the comment section more fun to read.

4505391
You know what's funny about that? In real life, I'm the one who is always done my schoolwork.:rainbowdetermined2: Homework is for everyone who goofs off in class (well, at my school, anyway).:rainbowdetermined2: I'm not one of them.:rainbowdetermined2: Also, I used to be the quiet one....

....then I started watching MLP:FIM, now I'm less of an anti-social, but still on top of my game.:rainbowdetermined2: Still, I'm my main OC, so even I confuse myself when it comes down to using certain terminology in my comments and PMs.:twilightoops::twilightsmile:

4501854 oh my god I couldn't stop laughing:rainbowlaugh::pinkiehappy:

The Photos of Chapter 7 are missing? What did they have?

4909007 the inside of the house bug for some Reason fim blocked it

4909060 that sucks, oh well...still a good story

4909396 you're welcome, anytime really. Usually i'm not a fan of Pony Zombie stories but i've taken a liking to this one:pinkiehappy:

4909592 well I'm glad you liked it and I'm happy to be one of the few

4909634 I have one question though, what are the Xs? It's mentioned in a chapter as a Infected type, is it a Unicorn Zombie? I like how Zombie Rainbow Dash doesn't give up

4911331 the Xs are the infected dragons

4911425 ah okay, they sound like they would be a pain to deal with

4911584 indeed if you haven't guessed it yet I modeled it after the final transformation on mr X from RE2

4911603 i haven't played RE2 i have played RE4 and after, i might go look it up.

great story. i'm very surprised I've skipped over this and never noticed it. considering i look for stories like this one in particular.(and the fact that ive read almost all of your works.) the only thing that irks me is i was hoping for some final closure with the other 4 E.o.H.

an idea for a story similar to this has been lurking around in my head for a long time. And from this i got some inspiration to write it now.:twilightsmile: so thanks for that. all in all great story.:moustache:

5517058 no prob glad I could help :twilightsmile:

Great story. It brings out emotions which is a big plus for any story. The story itself was good and fairly easy to follow. There were only a couple grammatical and spelling mistakes, but they were easy to overcome. The length of the story is just right, although a little more closure for all the characters that matter would have been nice. I would give the story about an 18/20. I enjoyable read for me and one of my favorites. I don't post comments like this one for any story. I will only post these types of comments for stories that I truly feel deserve it.
Good Job!!!

Comment posted by Thebaconpiggybank deleted Apr 26th, 2023
Comment posted by CosmosGalen deleted Apr 17th, 2020
Login or register to comment