• Published 3rd Sep 2013
  • 870 Views, 2 Comments

The Hidden Truth: Dimensional Traveling - Pokemon of the Night



A young man around the age of nineteen named Eric Reitzell some how ends up in Equestria but has no idea on how he got there. He then meets the main six and others and later they end up traveling to a whole butch of other worlds so he can find his.

  • ...
10
 2
 870

An unforgetable party

My eyes suddenly shot open not really sure as to what had just happened. It took me a few minutes to come to my senses and realize I was in Twilight's bed just like before. I slowly stood up but immediately regretted it because for some reason my body especially around my mid section felt a sharp pain go through it. I thought that maybe it was just because of the way I was sleeping last night and them the memories of what had happened came back to me. But seeing that I was in Twilight's bed I figured that it had all been just a dream but just to be sure I decided to call out to Twilight since I had just now notice that she was not beside me just like before. "Hey Twilight are you downstairs" I called, I then heard what I assumed was foot or rather hoof-steps. The door creaked open Just enough to reveal the purple alicorn.

"Hey there sleepy head" was all she said with a smile and droopy looking eyes that told me she hadn't been up that long ether.

I sighed in relief at seeing that she was still here. "Hey" I said I then slowly started to get out of the bed and get on my feet but when I did my vision started to get blurry and I started to lose my balance. But just when I was about to hit the floor something caught me and at first I didn't know what it was until my vision cleared up a little and I noticed this purple glow around me. Twilight then ran over to me.

"Eric are you alright!" she said in a panicked tone.

She was now close enough for me to prop myself up on and once I did the magic around me disappeared. My head then cleared up enough for me to speak "yeah, I mean at least I think so."

"What do you mean you think so?"

"I'm not really sure, maybe I just got up to fast"

Twilight had a look on her face that made me think that she didn't entirely believe me but she seem to let it slide. "well alright if your sure but please try and be more careful"

I just smiled at how much she actually cared for me even though we had only known each other for about a day. "Don't worry Twilight I will." I then stopped leaning on her once I thought I could stand by myself. We walked out of the bed room and down the stairs to the main room of the house where she already had breakfast ready. Before I came down stairs I wasn't too sure as to what I would be eating for breakfast since I knew that some of what pony's and humans ate were completely different but once I saw that it was just some waffles breakfast was one thing off my mind. The next thing that came to mind was that I probably needed a shower before I did anything else today. "Hey twilight do you mind if I take a shower real quick."

"Of course you can, the bathroom is right down that hallway third door on your left" she pointed with her hoof.

"Thanks" I then walked down the hallway to take a shower. Once I was in their I turned on the water, took off my clothes, and got into the shower. After that I got out and started to dry off when I then decided to glance over at the mirror and that is when something caught my eyes. I was far enough away from the mirror to see most of my body and around the stomach area there was a fairly good sized scar. I looked at it for a few more minutes trying to figure out how it got there when suddenly my eyes got big at the memories from the dream I had last night. I shook my head thinking that's not even possible and tried to block the thought from my mind. I decided to finally get dressed after I finished drying off, I then left the bathroom with my thoughts still on that scar. I walked back into the main room of the house and saw Twilight over near a desk with her back to me. I walked towards her to see what she was up to "Hey Twilight what are you doing?" She immediately jumped a little when I spoke as if she was not expecting me to be done with my shower already.

She then turned around "E-Eric that was a quick shower"

"yeah it didn't take as long as I thought it would" I then noticed that she was acting kind of nervous and strange. "Is something wrong"

"N-No n-n-nothing's wrong it's just that I am um I haven't been feeling that good since I woke up and I um didn't get that much sleep"

I then became a little worried thinking that it could have been my fault. "Was it because you had an extra person in your bed that you didn't get enough sleep" I looked at the ground as I said this.

She was quick to response "No no it definitely had nothing to do with that, actually I think having you there helped me fall asleep much faster."

"Oh alright if you say so" I figured that if she said that it didn't have anything to do with me then I would just drop the subject for now. "Hey twilight maybe since you're not feeling that well you should go rest"

"I would but I've sort of got things I need to do"

"I really think you should take it easy, I know how about I do what you need" before I could even finish my sentence she cut me off.

"NO" she then cleared her throat "I mean you can't do what I have to because it um it has to do with magic and stuff like that and besides don't you have to go see Rarity today so she can make you some new clothes"

"Oh right I almost forgot, what time do you think she will want me to go over there"

"Maybe around lunch time but you better go now just to be sure"

"Why do I get the feeling you want me to leave"

" I have no idea what you're talking about" she said as she kept glancing back and forth between a clock on the wall and me.

"Alright alright I get it I'll leave but I'll be back as soon as Rarity's done with whatever she needs me for" a thought then occurred to me. I wonder what my new clothing size will be, I mean with the sudden decrease in age and all. "Oh well"

"Oh well what" Twilight said with a confused look on her face.

"Never mind anyway I'll see you later" I said as I was walking to the door.

"Alright see you later"


I then walked out the door closing it behind me.


On my way to Rarity's I was many ponies going about their day, some I recognized some I didn't. When they finally took notice of me all they did was stair at me not really in a scared sort of way more like they were curious, some of them even waved at me which I found strange but good that they at least were starting to warm up to me so quickly so I waved back.

I had finally arrived at Carousel Boutique which didn't take as long as I thought it would. I proceeded to enter which made the bell above the door ring I then heard someone or rather some pony yell from another room.


"I'll be with you in just a moment" I heard Rarity say from another room.


I just stood there and waited. After a few minutes Rarity walked into the room. "sorry to keep you waiting I was just" she then noticed who it was. "Oh Eric it's you I so glad you were able to stop by although I wasn't expecting it to be this early."

"Well Twilight said around lunch time so I figured around noon or so would be a good enough time"

"Of course it is darling let me just get everything ready and then we can get started" she then proceeded to grab a few things with her magic including some measuring tape, several colors of fabric, and some scissors. She then motioned me to follow her, so I did.

We went into what I believe was her work room where she usually made all of her clothes. The Next thing I knew she started to immediately take my measurement which made me remember to ask her what they were when she was finished. It didn't take that long to take them so immediately when she was finished I asked her.


"Hey Rarity what were my measurements just now"

"Your height is 51 inches and you seem to weigh around 77 pounds"

If I was my normal looking age that probably would have been considered underweight and stuff but considering the circumstances I guess that height and weight might be normal for a 10 year old looking human. either way I replied with "Alright."

"Why don't you go and make yourself at home while I work on your outfits"

"Outfits as in more than one?"

"Yes of course more than one, I mean you can't possibly expect me to let you wear the same one or two outfits everyday while you are here"

"You really don't have to worry about it"

" But I do, we are friends after all are we not"

My mind kept processing that word every time it was used involving me. Not that I minded them calling or even considering me one it's just that I wasn't used to being call that.

"Eric are you alright" she asked.

"Hmm oh a yeah I'm fine I must of just space out for a moment"

"Alright if you say so, anyway like I was saying we are friends after all so just think of this as a gift from one friend to another"


I knew I wasn't going to win this argument so I just nodded my head.


"Oh and by the way there are some questions I need to ask you before I get started"

"Okay what are they?"

"First off what is your favorite color?"

"Green"

"Alright next is do you prefer something more casual or formal for now?"

"How many outfits are you planning on making me?"

"Around ten or so"

"Really are you sure"

"Yes I am now back to the question"

"Alright alright I suppose if you're going to make that many you can make a couple of them formal and the rest casual."

"Alright and now for my final question, do you want any accessories to go with any of you new outfits such as a hat scarf's or such"

"I leave that up to you since you know more about fashion then I do"

"Okay then I think that is everything I needed to know so why don't you make yourself at home while I make them"

"Um alright"


When she went to make my new clothes I decided to take a look around her place just to see how it looked in real life compared to a cartoon. I pretty much looked the same except it was more detailed then the cartoon could make it looked. When I was done looking around I went to her kitchen to have a seat and although she said I could make myself at home I didn't want to mess with anything so I just sat there thinking to myself mostly about my dream and the scar I found this morning. I couldn't figure it out I mean I wanted wholeheartedly to believe it was just a dream and meant nothing but something inside of me wanted to accept it as reality. Then there was that woman, for some reason she seemed familiar but I really didn't know why. As I thought more and more about it my head stared to hurt almost as if my mind was trying to prevent me from remembering something I had forgotten so I stopped think about it at least for now. As I did so I heard some hoof steps coming towards the kitchen.


"Eric darling are you in here" she said as she walked into the kitchen she then spotted me. "Oh there you are, I just wanted to let you know that I finished at least one of your outfits and I wanted to know if you would like to try it on"

"Sure" I said somewhat exited and a little bit nervous at the same time and the only reason I was a bit nervous was because I knew that some of her designs sometimes included gems imbedded within then and I wasn't so sure how I would feel about that. But I wouldn't want to hurt her feeling so I probably wouldn't tell her If I didn't like it. Anyway we arrived in her work room and immediately I noticed something in the middle of the room with a tarp over it, Rarity then approached it and used her magic to pull the tarp off.

"Voila" she said and then looked in my direction for approval.


I stared at it for a moment trying to take it all in. The first thing I noticed was that there were no gems which was lucky for me. Then I took in its color and shape, it was a shade of light green which reminded me of spring and its shape sort of reminded me of some anime or something a cosplayer would wear which I didn't mind at all since I liked all different kinds of animes and I've always wanted to try cosplaying but never had the chance. Anyway back to its design it was sort of lengthy and by that I mean its sleeves seemed kind of long but just right at the same time also at the end of each sleeve the colors were different it was black at the end. Next was the middle of it, it had buttons in the middle of with which started to make me think that it was formal attire. Then the back was longer then the front kind of like a cape. It also had a hood attached to it which I thought was a nice touch. Below the shirt was a pair of regular pants same color as the shirt and some shoes as well. She then levitated a pair of earrings over to me.


"I'm sorry to ask this very odd question but do some boys in your world wear jewelry such as earrings"

"Yes why"

"Well I suddenly got the idea that these would go perfect with your new attire but I was unsure of if you would like the idea or not"

"there nothing wrong with it it's just that" I paused for a moment.

"It's just that what?"

I took a deep breath and then continued to speak. "It's just that I've always been sort of afraid to get any earring put in because I know that for some of them to be put in it requires a needle and I really don't like needles" I said in a quiet voice and looking away from her at the same time. Sudden my head was brought back up with a hoof to look at her.

"There is no reason to be ashamed of being afraid dear I mean everypony or in your case everyone is afraid of something."

I just looked at her not really sure of what to say next but then she spoke again.

"How about this I use my magic to numb your ears so you won't feel as much pain"

I just looked at her in disbelief and amazement at the same time. "Wait a minute you can really do that"

"Of course I can, you didn't think you were the only one who was afraid of needles I've had countless ponies come in here wanting earrings put in but were to afraid of the needle I had to use so finally I decided to learn some magic which would help me numb the pain so they would be more comfortable.

"That's amazing"

"It's nothing really, now how do you feel about me putting these earrings in to go along with your outfit"

I paused for a moment but decided to say "yes."


It didn't hurt just like she said it wouldn't although having them in my ears was going to take time to get use to. After they were in I got the rest of my new clothes on and went to a mirror to see how I looked in them, I thought I looked pretty good in them and Rarity said so too.


"So Rarity how long will it be till the rest of my new clothes are done"

"I'd say that it will probably take the rest of the day"

"Oh okay I'll see you tomorrow then"

"W-Wait what do you mean w-where are you going"

"Back to Twilight's"

"YOU CAN'T" she screamed as she ran to the door blocking it.

"What do you mean" I said as I looked at her curiously.

"I-It's j-just that" she paused for a moment and then began to look around the room frantically suddenly it seemed like something caught her eye as she rushed over to a nearby window. She then proceeded to yell out to another pony "RAINBOW DASH WOULD YOU BE A DEAR AND COME DOWN HERE PLEASE" all of a sudden there she was right in front of the window as soon as soon as Rarity finished calling out to her.

"Yeah what is it Rarity" Rainbow said she then looked behind Rarity and saw me. "Oh hey kid what are you doing here"

"Nothing much it's just that Rarity was making me some new clothes one of which I'm wearing now" I said as I turned slightly to show her my new outfit including the earrings.

"Cool" was all she said.

" Now I'm planning on heading back to Twilight's and" I was then cut off.

"You can't" Rarity said as she then looked back at Rainbow Dash. She then pulled her flying friend down closer to her and proceeded to whisper something in her ear. Suddenly Rainbows head perked up and she looked at me.

"Yeah that's right you can't"

"Why" I said tilting my head a little.

"That's because you're gonna come flying with me"

"Wait WHAT" I screamed as I slowly backed away.

"What's wrong kid"

"Yes darling what is it"

I swallowed deeply and then spoke "Hey Rarity do you remember when I told you that I was scared of needles."

"Yes why"

"Let's just say that not the only thing I'm afraid of"

"Don't tell me your afraid to fly" Rainbow said.

"N-No it's not that it's just that" I paused.

"spit it out already"

I sighed "I afraid of heights okay"

"Is that all"

"What do you mean is that all"

"Well it's just that it's not like your gonna fall or anything"

"and how would you know"

"That simple, That's because the one and only Rainbow Dash will be right there with you and even if you did fall I'd be right there to catch ya, I mean were friends after all right."

I just stared at her, It was that word again then word friends. As I was thinking a blue hoof suddenly came into my field of vision and was waving back and forth in front of my face, I then looked at her.

"Are you alright you kind of spaced out there for a moment"

"Um yeah anyway what were we talking about?"

"Going for a flight around Ponyville"

"Oh Yeah that" I said as I looked to the ground. "I not really sure"

"Oh come on I promise you'll be safe and also it'll be supper fun"

"Really"

"Yeah so what do ya say"

A part of me was still hesitant but another part of me really wanted to try it. I thought about it for a few more seconds and then said "Okay."

"Really" Rainbow said excitedly

"Yes really"

" Alright then let's go" she said as she walked outside

"Um alright then I guess I'll see you later Rarity"

"Alright darling stop by anytime, oh any the rest of your outfits should be ready by tomorrow"

"Are you sure that's enough time I don't want you to rush making them for me"

"Oh don't worry about it"

"Okay if your sure"

"I am, now you better get going you don't want to keep Rainbow Dash waiting"

"Oh yeah that's right" I said as I ran for the door. "Bye Rarity

"Goodbye Eric"

I then closed the door.

As I got outside I saw Rainbow Dash taping one of her hoofs impatiently.


"What took you so long"

"Oh nothing I was just talking with Rarity"

Alright anyway if you're ready to go then hop on"

I just stared at for a second and then asked her "Are you sure I mean I'm not too worried about me being to heavy or you not being strong enough it just that" I paused for a moment before deciding to finish "I just didn't think actually think I'd be riding on your back" I finished saying as turned my head away from her with a slight blush on my face since Rainbow was my second favorite from the show although she didn't know anything about the show and I'm pretty sure I only told Twilight that she was my favorite. anyway Rainbow started to say something which snapped me out of my thought.

"So what's the big deal"

I sighed in defeat "You know what never mind" I then approached her as she keeled down for me to get on. One I was on and had both my arms wrapped around her neck not to tightly of course we then began to ascend. She didn't take off to quickly probably just to make sure I wouldn't fall off but she did start to accelerate the higher we got. I kept my eyes closed since we first left the ground just because I knew that if I looked down for even a second It probably wouldn't end well. While I still had my eyes closed Rainbow Dash began to speak.

"Hey Eric are you gonna keep your eyes closed the entire time where up here or are you gonna take a look at this amazing view"


Just great that's just great , now that she was saying there was an amazing view I was really tempted to open my eyes and have a look for myself but still I refused. She then continued to pester me to open my eyes.


"Come on you can do it at least just a small peak if you don't you'll miss a great view of canterlot from here"

Even though I knew what canterlot was I tried to act ignorant about it. "What that?" I asked.

"It's this awesome big city where a lot of rich ponies live and also the princesses of Equestria live there, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna"

The way she talked about the city did make me want to have a quick look but still I wasn't sure. Finally after a few more minutes of asking me to open my eyes over and over again I knew she wasn't she wasn't gonna stop and also we probably leave where ever we were sooner if I just at least opened my eyes once. I sighed heavily and said in a rather annoyed tone " Fine if it will make you happy" I then slowly opened one of my eyes and then the other. The first thing I noticed was that the sun was already starting to go down. huh I didn't realize it was that late I thought. The next thing I saw was that she was standing on some clouds, no wonder she didn't get tired from all the flying I thought she was doing while we were up here. Just like she was saying I could see canterlot from where we were and even though it was somewhat far away it still looked amazing.

"Finally I thought we were gonna be up here forever"

"Yeah yeah whatever I'm still not fond of heights"

"Like I said before you don't have to worry I would never let one of my friend fall"

I sigh "Yeah whatever you say, anyway that city over there really does look amazing"

"I told you it was awesome anyway I think it almost time"

"Almost time for what?"

"you'll see" she said as we made our way back down to the ground.

we finally made it to solid ground and I sighed a heave sigh of relief. It was then that I noticed we were on the edge of Ponyville. "Okay what now"

"Like I said you'll see" she said as she made her way through town.

"Hey wait don't you want me to get off of you first"

"No it's alright"

"Okay if you say so"


We then continued to make our way through town making small talk about nothing really important and then before I knew it we were right in front of Twilight place.

I was about to open the door when all of a sudden Rainbow stopped me.

"Hold on"

"What is it"

"Um it's just that I need to um...check on something real quick inside stay right here for just a minute.

"Alright if you say so just don't take too long because it almost dark out here"

"Is some pony afraid of the dark" she said in a teasing tone.

"N-No it just that, you know what never mind just hurry up and also I'm a person not a pony"

"Person Pony same difference"

I just sighed as she walked in closing the door behind her.

I waited for at least a good three minutes just pacing and thinking of what could be taking so long. I then decide to go see when finally somepony came out, it was twilight.

"Hey Eric"

"Hey Twilight where's Rainbow"

"Oh um she's inside, anyway you can come in now"

"Alright but why did I have to wait out here in the first place"

"you'll see"

We then walked inside and I closed the door behind us.

It was dark inside and I was about to ask Twilight why the lights were out when all of a sudden.


"SURPRISE" said everypony as the light came on all of a sudden

I almost had heart attack as I stumbled back a little. "What" was the only word that came out of my mouth

Twilight walked beside me "What do you mean what, this is a surprise party for you."


All of a sudden everything clicked and I immediately realized why Twilight, Rarity, and Rainbow was acting so weird today.


"For me really"

suddenly pinky came out of no were "Of course for you silly who else would it be for, you're the only new pony I mean human here and I defiantly wouldn't even think of not throwing a super duper party for a new friend actually that's why I ran off last night I was up all night planning.


I couldn't understand any of this I mean sure I understood why Twilight wanted to be a couple and my friend or rather girlfriend because of all those things I said to her about her being my favorite pony and stuff but the rest of them I just couldn't understand. I mean first was Rarity, She was so willing to make new clothes and she even helped me with my fear of needles, second was Rainbow Dash who was actually able to convince me to go flying with her and even get me to open my eyes even though I was afraid of heights. Finally there was Pinkie Pie who I hadn't even spoken to for that long threw this big party for me just because I was new. Her, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash all wanted to be my friends and I just couldn't understand why.


"Eric are you alright" said Twilight.

"Oh my Gosh why are you crying do you not like the party" said Pinkie


Huh what was she talking about. I then touched my face and became immediately aware of what she was talking about.


"When did I" I said as I looked at all of the worried faces of all of the ponies. I must have been so deep in thought that I didn't even notice that I was letting what I felt on the inside show on the outside. I immediately wiped my eyes and looked at them all "I'm fine"

"Are ya sure sugar cube"

"yes I'm sure"

"Alright darling but if there is anything you need to tell us or ask us to do please do not hesitate right girls"

"Right" they all said in unison.

I just laughed a bit to myself. "Alright" Pinkie Pie then spoke

"Alright that's settled now let's get this party started"

Everypony in the room cheered and everyponys mood immediately lifted as the party began again.

It was going relatively smooth from the look of things as I wondered around the room wondering what I should be doing. All of a sudden Pinkie Pie appeared out of no wear and dragged me over to the rest of the group who was standing over by a snack table. When we got close enough I could hear my name being mentioned which got me curious as to what they were talking about.


"Hey girls"

They all jumped a little at hearing my voice right behind them then they looked at me.


"H-Hey Eric where did you come from"

"I was just walking around when Pinkie Pie appeared out of nowhere and dragged me over here"

Twilight glared at Pinkie for a minute and then sighed. "sorry Eric I told them"

I just looked at her curiously, not really sure of what she meant. "Told them what" I asked. She was about to respond when Rarity spoke up.

"Oh darling congratulations on finding your very special somepony already, I mean you have only been here for two days and already you've found love"

"Oh so that's what Twilight meant when she said I told them for a minute I thought she told you about the" Twilight rushed to my side and put her hoof over my mouth. I looked at her wondering why until I realized it, I was just about to tell them about the show.


They all just looked at us but then just demised it probably not thinking that it was anything important. My mind then wondered to what Rarity had just said a moment ago well actually just one word particular the word love. I'm surprised I didn't think about it sooner I mean here I was worrying about all of these ponies thinking of me as a friend and during all of that I had forgotten that Twilight thought of me as something more. I snapped myself out of it before anypony became worried again.


"I'll be right back girls I need to go think about something" before they could ask what I quickly headed for the door.


I was almost at the door when all of a sudden my body suddenly became cold and then I heard a voice behind me.

"So you're the human this party was thrown for"

I slowly turned around not knowing who it was. It was a silver colored unicorn mare with a mane to match her fur, her mane was long similar to Twilight's but much more wavy. She also had gold bracelet with a ruby embedded into it which seemed familiar to me.

"Are you going to stair all night"

This snapped me out of my trance as I tried to stutter a response. "S-Sorry I d-didn't mean to I-I-I was just I m-mean it was just that well y-you look sort of f-familiar"

She just chuckled a bit which for some reason made me a little nervous and also made me step back just a little which she noticed.

"There is no reason to back away I'm not going to bite"

I chuckled a bit nervously "Y-Yeah I know i-it's just that I-I in a hurry that's a-all"

She stepped a little closer to which made me back up even more that is until I realized that I was backed up right against the door. I wanted to turn the knob but for some reason my hand wouldn't reach for it. I looked down to it thinking that it could have been magic but there wasn't that usual glow that magic would have made so my next guess even though I only thought it was some sort expression or something was that I was frozen with fear. By the time I looked back at her she was already right in front of my face with a creepy smirk on her face. she then leaned over to my ear and whispered "I'll see you around" she then turned around and stared to walk away but then stopped just about a feet or two away. She then turned her head a little, she then mouthed something I couldn't really understand but the way she was moving her mouth it sort of looked like whatever it was it started with an L. She then turned around and walked off and once she was out of site I turned the handle as fast and I ran out as fast as I could but I was still thinking about that mysterious mare who gave me the chills.

Author's Note:

Hey everyone sorry if this chapter took long then my previous ones anyway there are probably some parts that are sort of like fillers or whatever you would call it when you want to make something longer. Also tell me what you like or don't like. Oh and one more thing, the next chapter will probably just be the main character by himself and it won't be as long. Then after that there will probably be five to ten chapters until the plot moves forward at least a little that is. Actually I thought I would ask anyone who was reading this, after the next chapter who would you like him to meet. Your choices are Lyra and Bon Bon, Octavia and Vinal Scratch, Derpy, Trixy, Shining Armor and Princess Cadence, Princess Luna and Celestia, The Wonder Bolts, the CMC's, or Discord. If there is anyone else that I'm forgetting let me know. Anyway these are your main choices on how you want him to meet first after the next chapter but he will meet them all eventually.