• Published 3rd Sep 2013
  • 870 Views, 2 Comments

The Hidden Truth: Dimensional Traveling - Pokemon of the Night



A young man around the age of nineteen named Eric Reitzell some how ends up in Equestria but has no idea on how he got there. He then meets the main six and others and later they end up traveling to a whole butch of other worlds so he can find his.

  • ...
10
 2
 870

Four new friends

Twilight unlocked and opened the door, there stood Applejack and behind her was Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash. Applejack then spoke "hey there Twi I'm back and I brought everypony back with me just like ya wanted".

"Thanks Applejack" twilight moved to the side to let her friends in but before they stepped in Applejack asked her a question.

"Hey Twi why was the door locked?"

Twilight froze at the question and she started to sweat just a little "O-Oh that it was um It was" she stared to look around the room to see if there was anything that could help her ether answer the question or get out of answering it. Finally her eyes fell upon me. "ERIC" she then walked over to me and used her magic to carry me over to the rest of the main six and proceeded to introduce us to see if that would help Applejack forget her question. "Hey Applejack don't you think we should go ahead and introduce Eric to everpony.

"Oh yeah I reckon that would be a good idea"

Twilight sighed in relief "Good then let's get started". She then began to introduce me to each of them one by one, she started on the left which was Pinkie Pie and before I could say anything she began to talk.

"HithereI'mPinkiePieandyournamesEricrightApplejacktoldusallaboutyoushesaidthatyoursomthingcalledahumanandthatyouwerelostorsomthinglikethatanywaywhatdoyouliketodoforfundoyoulikepartysandcupcakesheythatgivesmeanideaseeyoulater" and just like that she was gone.

"Huh well that was interesting" was all I could say I'm not even sure I caught all of what she said. Twilight then decided that it was best if we just moved on and to not worry too much about Pinkie for now The next pony she introduced me to was Rarity.

"Hello there darling it is a pleasure to meet you" she bowed her head lightly towards me and as a sigh of respect I did the same. She then proceeded to look me over at what I could only imagining was my clothes. "Um please don't find this rude of me darling but why does your attire look like you have been rolling around in the grass and then decided to take a bath in the mud with your clothes still on". Huh what does she mean I thought, It was then that I decided to take a good look at what I was wearing and for the first time I noticed that my clothes especially my white t-shirt were absolutely filthy.

"When did that happen" I said while scratching the top of my head "I've been walking around nearly all day like this which leads me to believe now that everypony that saw me walking through town on my way here must think I'm ether a slob, hobo, or some kind of wild animal that doesn't know good hygiene"

"Don't worry about it sugar cube well sort out all of the small details later right now we need to focus on getting the introductions out of the way" said Applejack

"She's right darling it is no big deal" suddenly Rarity's eye got really and a big bright smile appeared on her face, she then screamed out "I'VE GOT IT". We all just sat there baffled by the outburst which she quickly realized which caused a slight blush to appear on her face. She then cleared her throat and began to speak again. "What I mean is that how about create you a new outfit" I just sat there not entirely sure of what to say to that but then I decided to at least say something.

"Um thanks for the offer and all but just to let you know I probably don't have any means to pay you for it"

"Oh forget about payment for the moment just think of it as a welcome to Equestria gift"

Seriously, I mean I've read fanfics about how generous she was but still "Um no offense but I haven't even known you for a day Miss. Rarity I hardly think that I could accept such a" suddenly I was interrupted by Rainbow Dash.

"Come on already dude just accept her gift and move on, besides I think it's high time you meet the most awesome flier in Equestria"

That's Rainbow Dash for you always has the confidence to speak her mind, Who knows maybe that's why she was always my second favorite out of the bunch I thought to myself. "Alright alright I guess I give in at least for now but one day I'll pay ya back for it"

She just chuckled lightly a bit "That fine anyway how about I take your measurements tomorrow then If you're not busy that is".

I just laughed a little as well since I obviously knew I wasn't busy being new here and all. "Alright sounds good to me how does somewhere around lunch time sound maybe between 11am and 2pm"

"That sounds just fine darling"

I then nodded my head and shuck her hoof as a sign of understanding, It was after that that I noticed that Rainbow Dash was starting to get a little impatient. "I think it's best if I just move on before she decides not to like me because I'm too slow" Pointing at Rainbow.

Again Rarity laughed " Agreed"

I then made my way over to her and held out my hand "It's nice to meet you Miss..." I tried to play it off as to make them think I obviously didn't know her name, I didn't need any more screw-ups and them asking more questions as to how I already knew her name unless they just assumed Twilight told me".

"It's Rainbow Dash o and by the way you don't have to add miss to that just Rainbow Dash or even just Rainbow or Dash is fine"

"Um alright" I should have known "Anyway like I was saying It's nice to meet you Rainbow Dash"

"Nice to meet you to kid"

Did she just call me a kid how old does she think I am. Wait a minute if I didn't notice how messy my clothes were until now who knows what else I didn't notice. Suddenly a feeling of dread washed over me and I was afraid to ask what I was about to. "T-Twilight you wouldn't happen to have a mirror anywhere around here would you"

Twilight had a puzzled look on her face "Sure I do but why do you need one"

"I just wanted to check something real quick" another feeling of dread washed over me "You know what never mind I'll just check it out later"

"Um okay" she said

I then turned my attention back to Rainbow Dash "Anyway Rainbow Dash like I said it's very nice meet you and maybe we could hang out some time if that's alright with you"

"Sure thing"

After that I was down to the last pony that I had to meet Fluttershy. I knew that I had better calm down and to try and not think about my earlier thoughts about the mirror and stuff I didn't want to freak her out or scare her any more then she probably already was.

"Hi there my names Eric what's yours"

"its fluttershy" she was hiding only a little bit behind her mane and she was only speaking slightly quiet not as much as I thought she would have. Another thing I noticed was she at least wasn't stuttering when she spoke to me which was a good thing.

"Fluttershy huh, that's a pretty name" she blushed at my comment, I was just trying to break the ice with her I hope I didn't take it too far just by saying she had a pretty name.

"T-Thanks um y-your n-name is n-nice to"

Just great now I'm making her stutter although it is kind of cute. Almost Immediately as if on Que I noticed that Twilight was glaring at me as if she had just read my mind. I flashed her an apologetic smile which she closed her eyes and nodded her head at as if to say fine just don't do it again. I sigh in relief at avoiding yet another disaster and then decided that it was time I moved things forward. "Alright now that I've met every pony Now what" it was then that Twilight spoke up.

"well I think the next step is to find a place for you to stay which I suggest is here"

Every other pony gave Twilight some confused looks and then Applejack was the first to speak up. "And why is that Twi"

"Well it's just that um I um I think it's a good idea that's all"

"Darling you have to give us a better answer then that"

"That right"

As they talked amongst themselves I knew that real reason Twilight wanted me to stay here and I was trying to figure out a way to help her convince them that it was for the best that I stay here when it suddenly came to me "Hey girls I think I know why Twilight wants me to stay here" suddenly all eyes were on me including Twilight's which were filled with worry. she was probably thinking I was going to tell them all about me and her already but I just gave her a warm smile as a means to tell her not to worry about it I know what I'm doing. "First off I'll just go down the line and tell each of you why she probably doesn't think it is a good idea for me to stay with any of you" I took a took a long hard breath and then began to speak. I started with Applejack "Applejack the reason she probably doesn't think it's a good idea for me to stay with you is that it's getting kind of late and she probably is thinking I should get to bed immediately since I've had a busy first day here and it's kind of a long walk back to the farm I don't even know if I could make it." She seemed to be thinking my answer over and then finally sighed in defeat

"Alright fine"

Next up was Rainbow Dash which I figured that my explanation for her wouldn't take that long and I was pretty sure that it was already clear to everypony. "Hey Rainbow if you don't mind me asking where do you live" I decided to see if she could put two and two together and also I didn't want any of them to know besides Twilight that I already knew a lot about them including the fact that Rainbow Dash lived in a giant house made of cloud.

"Hm oh I live near a place called cloudsdale In a house made of" she then got a face of realization as it appeared to have finally dawned on her. "Ohhh, yeah your probably right"

The third was Rarity "The reason for me not being able to stay with you is that you seem pretty busy with your work and stuff I mean since you offered to make me some new clothes and all it led me to believe that you might design clothes for a living which of course Twilight already knew she just didn't want me to be in your way.

"Darling you didn't have to worry about being in my way"

"I know that but still I think it's for the best that I stay here just in case"

"Alright if you're absolutely sure"

"I am" after that I moved on to fluttershy. "Fluttershy the reason I can't stay with you is similar to the reason I can't stay with Rarity, you see Twilight told me a little bit about all of you while we were waiting" both me and Twilight Knew that was a lie but I had to continue. "You see she told me about how you take care of all of the animals and that a lot of them even live with you It's probably just too crowded"

"I-I understand" she said with a look of disappointment in her eyes which really hurt me to see but at the moment there was nothing that I could do.

"And finally I'll explain the reason for me not being able to stay with Pinkie Pie and that's simply because she's not even here although I'm sure she would love to have me as a house guests she's not here at the moment to invite me and I'm not entirely sure why" The group just looked between each other and smiled.

"You don't need to worry about that it's just that she's really busy is all" Twilight said.

"Yeah she's right anyway I'm thinking that we all understand you reasons for not staying with any of us except for Twi right girls"

"Right" they all said in unison

"Anyway I think it's best that we all get going come on eveypony" Applejack then motioned them out the door.

"It was a pleasure meeting you and don't forget to stop by tomorrow so that I can measure you for your new clothes"

"Don't worry I won't

"See ya later kid" there she goes with the kid stuff again, seriously when I get the chance I'm going to look in a mirror. "Maybe will get the chance to hang out some tomorrow"

"Sure"

"It was nice to meet you Eric"

"It was nice to meet you to Fluttershy"

"Well I'll be seeing you tomorrow then"

"Alright, hey also Applejack if you don't mine if you see Pinkie tell her that it was nice to meet her for that short time and that hopefully I'll see her tomorrow"

Applejack just laughed a little "Don't worry I have a feeling you'll see her tomorrow but anyway I'll be sure to tell her"

"Thanks"

"No problem" she said as she made her way out the door closing it behind her.

Now it was just me and Twilight alone which brought back a thought "Hey Twilight you never did answer my question about spike."

"Oh yeah he's just in Canterlot for a shot time he should be back in a couple of days"

"Oh okay Um anyway were am I suppose to sleep tonight"

"In my bed with me where did you think you would sleep"

"Wait what"

"Oh come on it's not that big a deal when you really think about it I mean we are together after all"

"I know that but still don't you think it's a bit soon to be sleeping in the same bed"

"Nope and besides it not like well be doing anything at least not tonight"

I just sighed in defeat know that I wasn't getting anywhere and also because I was just too tired to care at the moment. "Fine lets go then" we then made are way up the stairs once we got to the top of them we both head for her or rather for the moment are bed. I then asked her what side of the bed she wanted which she replied that it didn't matter so she ended up getting in on the left side.

"Hey Twilight where's your bathroom"

"It's just down the hall to the right"

"Alright thanks"


I went down the hall and I easily found it I then took care of business and next I washed my hands. As I was doing that I look into the mirror that was in the bathroom and at first I was speechless but then I finally said something to myself of course. "Is Is that me" to me it looked like I was maybe 10 give or take a couple of years how did this even happen. Wait a minute I just realized that every pony has been taller than me this entire time and I never even thought much of it. You know what just forget it I too tired to deal with this tonight, maybe that it I'm just to tired. Anyway I'll find out in the morning. I then went down the hall back to Twilight's room and climbed into bed. As I laid there thinking about what I had just seen in the mirror Twilight draped her hoof over me and proceeded to hold me tightly.

"I love you" she said

"I love you too"


With those words it helped calm my mind and I was finally able to go to sleep.