• Published 31st Aug 2013
  • 2,852 Views, 107 Comments

Equestria Noir Season 2 Case 3 "Touchdown Falldown" - Jacoboby1



A star athlete is murdered after throwing a big game. It's up to Private and Twilight to solve the mystery once again. But when even the police are standing in their path, can they succeed?

  • ...
3
 107
 2,852

Epilogue

Epilogue

Perspective: ???

It was your typical Manehatten evening. A dark sky but bright lights making it so even the darkest corners of the city have light. Which made the shadows all the more stark. I watched the ponies move about their evening duties from the window. But, it wasn’t my house I was standing in. No, I was the uninvited guest of Chief Gunry Insight.

His wife, the lovely Melody Insight, was rather shocked when she found her home in darkness. It didn’t take much to lure her, put an aesthetic spell on her, and tie her up before she saw my face. She was lovely, late twenties, brown hair, a fine bluish coat and soft brown eyes. How a mare such as her chose to stay with Insight is beyond me.

She sat there in the chair, her hind legs tied together and her forelegs tied behind the back. A blindfold was over her eyes to keep my identity hidden. Some duct tape took care of her sniveling too.

I looked over as the door opened. Inside stepped in Gunry Insight himself. It was dark, he couldn’t see who I was. But he could see his wife. “Melody!” He cried.

Melody’s ears perked up and she started letting out muffled cries as she heard her husband’s voice. Gunry was about to run to her when I said, “Not another step. Also, if your horn even glows a bit, I won’t hesitate to throw her out the window. It’s quite a long fall.”

“You bastard!” Gunry said, “Who are you! What are you doing with her?!”

Melody let out some whimpers as my hoof touched her cheek. “Oh nothing, just making sure we get a few things straight around here.”

“Let her go now,” Gunry said.

“You’ll get her back,” I said, moving in the shadows. “Provided you listen to what I have to say.”

“You’ve got nothing to say to me, you enter my house, tie up my wife, and threaten me. You’re nothing more than a lousy criminal in my eyes for even doing the first part,” Gunry growled.

“Well, then I’ll say words and hope you’ll listen to them,” I said, a tad smug. “I’m sure you are most aware of Celestia’s warning to you.”

“What do you care?” Gunry asked.

“I’m just here to make sure you comply.” I said.

“Are you some kind of agent for Celestia?” Gunry guessed.

“Oh no, I have no loyalty to her majesty.” I said. “Her, policies about the noble class have always been a little too soft for my tastes.”

“So you’re a traitor,” Gunry concluded.

“I like to think of myself as a revolutionary,” I answered.

“You can you think yourself dead if you don’t let my wife go!” Gunry roared.

“You’ll get her back, I’m here to provide a warning,” I said. “If you ever try to interfere with the cases again, I will not be so merciful.”

“You think I’m afraid of you?” Gunry said. “I faced agents in Afmarestan who were scarier than you.”

I smiled, and my horn slowly glowed with a green and purple magic. Gunry’s pupils dilated as suddenly an aura of magic fell around his neck. He started gasping for air as he clutched his neck. “I don’t believe this is in your typical terrorist torture catalog,” I said, keeping my back turned to Insight so the glow didn’t illuminate my face.

Melody heard her husband choking and let out muffled screams.

“You...bastard….” Gunry said as he choked. “I’ll see you….in prison…”

“Are you certain?” I asked. “Because lately, ponies have been leaving your prisons...in a very bad way…”

“You...you’re..” Gunry coughed a little. “You’re responsible, you’re the murderer.”

“I can’t take all the credit,” I said, smiling a little. “My...accomplice handled young Ivy quite...nicely.”

“What...was the point...of this…?” Gunry asked, his air running out.

“To show you...just how powerless the police are compared to Shadowhoof….” I said, and then canceled my magic so Gunry went plop on the floor, gasping for air. Melody kept letting out muffled screams, trying desperately to know what was going on.

“I leave you now with this,” I said, “you stay out of Private Eye’s way. If not….I won’t be as merciful to you...or your precious Melody…” With that, my horn glowed and I teleported away.
_______________________________________________________________
Perspective: Gunry Insight

Of...all the...dirty rotten….

I shook my head and breathed steadily. What kind of magic was that? I felt as if my very life was being squeezed out. But, no, there’s something more important to deal with.

I moved over as best I could to Melody, tears stained her blindfold as I gently removed the tape over her mouth. “Gunry?” She said, her voice quavering a little. “What happened? Did he hurt you?”

I removed the blindfold to reveal her beautiful brown eyes and said, “I’m made of tougher stuff, darling. I’m sorry you got caught up in this.”

She smiled gently, “I knew what I was getting into when I married a soldier,” She said. “I’m just glad he didn’t kill you.”

I nuzzled her gently as I untied her. I was so glad she was okay. Melody is the one ray of light in my life. She hugged me tight when her bonds were finally free. I held her gently, running my hoof through her brown mane. “It’s okay,” I said, soothingly. “He’s gone now.”

Whoever that bastard was, he’s going to pay for threatening Melody. But...why did he want me to lay off Private?

Riiing

I let go of Melody and picked up the phone. “This better be damn important,” I growled into the receiver.

“Chief! It’s the criminal we just arrested! You know, that Limelight chick?” That was Wavelength, he was a prison guard.

“Spill it, what happened?” I demanded.

“I don’t how she got the rope, one minute she was sitting in her cell, I turn around and….she hung herself…”

Comments ( 26 )

Riiiight hung herself awfully fishy.:trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright:

Another great story like the epilogue ending.

I can't wait for the next case. :eeyup::twilightsmile:

Yea, I don't think Ivy hung herself...

And the plot doth thicken once more... I still think I know who Shadowhoof is, but as you have so masterfully redirected suspicions in the past I am most likely incorrect in this thinking and there was one very important clue in this case that gives me pause in naming they whom I believe to be Shadowhoof.:derpytongue2:

Time will tell I suppose. :pinkiehappy:

Once again, fantastic chapter and... congratulations, I don't hate Gunry quite so much now... anybody who'd put that much priority on his wife is okay in my book. But he's still an ass. :raritywink:

3164070Limelight you mean...

Why does Insight have to have a nice wife?!
Now, I'll feel bad for her if the jerk dies!

Shadowhoof continues to be a boss. PRIVATE, STEP YO GAME UP!

I can't wait to see what happens in the next case, this is slowly shaping up to be better than last season.

ShadowHoof is new best pony :pinkiecrazy::heart:

...put an aesthetic spell on her...

I think you meant anesthetic spell.

3165100Darn it I keep spelling it wrong!

gwg

Even if you say that shadowhoof attacked Spera for the information, I don't believe you.
I know the truth damnit

3164244 err oops... Don't know where the name Ivy came from...

either the overall plot for this part of season 2 is about to escalate or you just love showing us shadowhoof without letting us know who he/she really is. though, i do find it odd that he went all promy on gunry. either private has some kind of long last relative or something i think could have happened happened. what that something is, well, i'll just hold onto that thought to see if it will or won't happen.

So far the only clues about the identity of 'Shadowhoof' are that he is a male, a unicorn, and is connected to a filly accomplice who calls him 'Big Brother'.

:pinkiecrazy: So without further ado... Let the wild assumptions begin!

I think I'm starting to a bit of how Shadowhoof's plans are at least right now, using Private to solve cases that end with two suspects. Then he proceeds to murder the noble who usually is the mastermind behind the plan or am I just reading too much into it?

So Shadowhoof is using Private? Not good.....

Still not convinced that Shadowhoof and Spera are two different ponies.

3166903
And by assumptions, you mean a very large conspiracy board that involves the one's who we've seen? :pinkiehappy:

3169959

To a tee, my good sir, to a tee. :raritywink:

Yes...hung herself...

... I hate my story foresight... I really freaking do. i know who shadowhoof is and why he wants gunry to stay out of privates way

I'm going out of left field here, but doesn't this just seem like that this is something that somepony would do if they were possessed???

As much as we have so much grey on Spera, I have a feelings that there is more to it and it has to do with Private.

Shadowhoof strikes once more...just who the hell is this bastard?

:eeyup:: Spera?

Me: Maybe...men, Shadowhoof is reminding me of Mentalist's Red John. Surely you know him, right?

I am liking this series so far.

3166903 And by assumption, you mean "SPERA!!", right?

ME AND DARKSTAR HAVE FIGURED OUT WHO SHADOWHOOF IS!!!!

YEAH! HE"S FRICKING TIREK! GUNRY EVEN SAID HE FELT AS IF THE LIFE WAS BEING SUCKED OUT OF HIM WHEN HE WAS BEING STRANGLED!

Holy crap, I read the "She hung herself" part then the amount of views of the story was the number of the devil... :pinkiegasp:

Login or register to comment