• Published 12th Nov 2013
  • 974 Views, 56 Comments

The Story of Starlight (Rewritten) - Starlight Dash



Its about giving others or more specifically one pony a chance despite the odds of the pony species being obliterated. She stands between the destruction of Equestria and safe continuing of it's in habitats.

  • ...
34
 56
 974

Chapter 6: Picking up the Pieces

The Story of Starlight
Chapter 6: Picking up the Pieces

Starlight awoke to nothing, but bright multicolored surroundings. She stood up and walked forward. As she did so images began to pop up. They were hers. She was remembering all she had done and encountered. Nothing made sense. This continued until a pony. Blue and transparent. It was her mother. Starlight tried to speak, but to no avail she was muted. Starlight tried getting her mothers attention. The tall alicorn though just stood there. Finally Starlight stopped. Her mother kneeled almost pointed her horn at Starlight, but not in an aggressive way. Starlight knew almost by instinct what she had to do. The two touched horns. All the images floating around Starlight flowed into her horn at high speeds.

Starlight's eye's shot open as she exploded the flower and zipped off as fast as she can. Almost at rainboom speed Starlight races back to Canterlot blasting through the doors causing them to explode in a wave of splinters. She knew everything and what her place was in Equestria and how she could get her mother back. Starlight raced home past Luna who was dazed for a few seconds, but raced after the young-ling. She managed to stop Starlight in her tracks. Though considering how jittery Starlight was she knew it wasn't for long.

"Starlight what is going on?!"

"Luna I know everything! I know it all. What Celestia wanted me to protect!"

Without a word more Starlight raced off again. Luna following her lead. Starlight was found in Celestia's own bedroom.

"Starlight what do you mean you know?! I'm afraid I don't understand."

"You'll see."

Starlight raised her horn. A yellow aura know as her mother's magic shot out into the ceiling and caused circuits in the room to glow and activate. Luna her face full of surprise allows the foal to continue on. A small circular section of the floor detaches and descends the two below in the bowels of the castle. Luna began panicking while Starlight smiled at her.

"How can you be calm and collected at a time like this?"

Starlight looked at her.

"Because this is what your sister. My mother wanted me to protect and find."

Light soon began to flicker on as they reach the bottom of the shaft. Once the elevator stopped Starlight stepped onto the metal floor. Luna was shocked beyond words. A metal room containing various objects and things she has never seen before.

"Starlight." She paused "What is this place?"

Starlight picked up a pair of see-through shades that immediate spawned a holographic HUD with various indicators on it.

"Remember when she told me to go to the tree?"

"Of course. It was supposed to hold vast power to help empower you into defeating all your foes."

Starlight shakes her head. "It contained information about this." Starlight motions her hoof to all the items in the room.

"All of this technology is hundreds if not thousands of years ahead of our time!"

"W-what?"

"My mother and many ponies discovered and created this all throughout the years. She kept it secret so that no pony could use it for bad. She didn't have a proper savior for Equestria yet. She didn't feel as if the world was ready for this technology yet."

"By Starswirls beards.." Luna muttered

"Like this thing for example. It's for pegsi races! It tells how fast your going, your body condition, how many laps you've done. Everything!"

"You think all of Equestria is ready to be ushered into a brand new age of technology so quickly?"

"I don't think. I know we are!"

Starlight guides Luna to a large pylon. Starlight goes over to a holographic panel and brings up a display of her mother.

"Um hello is this thing on?"

"Sister!"

Starlight goes over to Luna. "It's not her. It's only a hologram."

An unknown pony speaks from the outside the picture range. "It's on princess."

"Yes right. Ahem! Starlight if your hearing or actually seeing this then I am dead and you have sought out the Tree of Harmony for answers to rectify this. I will say I am truly not dead."

"What?"

"But that's not what's important at this moment in time. You now possess the knowledge of how to use all the machines in this room. I want you to decide whether Equestria is ready for a step into a new age. I believe you are strong enough to stop whatever evil may arise from this decision. You are my greatest creation. You were never some accident that occurred. I meant for you to be this way. Equestria needed somepony to guide and protect it from everything that could possibly destroy it."

"Wrap it up princess."

"I am found within an underground bunker in a cryo chamber at-"

The pylon shuts down. Luna stands up.

"What happened?!"

Starlight had tears streaming down her cheeks. "She's alive. My mother is alive. This means I didn't fail." Starlight coughs up a happy laugh.

Luna is too busy trying to turn on the pylon again to notice Starlight crying.

Starlight sniffles and stands. "The recording ended. We have to find her on our own."

"So it seems." Luna looks down in disappointment.

"Luna." The blue pony looks up to Starlight "I will find her and I will bring her home. For both of us!"

Luna smiles. "Well Princess Starlight what shall we down now?"

"We begin anew and get to manufacturing all this so all ponies can benefit from this!"

Comments ( 36 )
Comment posted by staryoshi06 deleted Sep 17th, 2014

This is the problem with not taking people's advice: you bind yourself to making the EXACT SAME MISTAKES in every story you write. You get stuck in your style, and you grow attached to concepts and designs that flat-out don't work.

This is where your problems began, where your first mistakes were made, from which you've learned nothing.

5017629 From this moment on I am blocking everyone who is giving me a really really big headache.

5018459 That's what I did, and I got a hell of a lot of negative reviews :rainbowhuh: from people who haven't even read my stories. :rainbowhuh::rainbowhuh::fluttercry: And now noone cares or even knows who Sky Blue is. :pinkiegasp:

5018459
What 5027777 said. Blocking others will often put you in a much worse position.

Comment posted by JEFFERY8U deleted Sep 20th, 2014

5028034 I'm a he, though my OC is a she. Like Glaze/WoodenToaster, or ForestRain.

5028088 Do you at least know who those people and ponies are? They're YouTubers who make awesome songs and PMVs for them.

5028097

Youtubers are a threat to the shared intellegence of the human race created by the Illuminati to control the cattle of society.

i.imgur.com/1hZDBaM.jpg

nairaland.com/attachments/1573355_the-illuminati_jpeg890495712403ec5fef85b53b0a65a1ab

5028136 The Illuminati (Singular: Illuminatus, Latin for "Enlightened") are a fraud crew of masons who claim to have found the light, or the path to the light. Who cares what you think if your argument's based on them? YouTube has nothing to do with those frauds as they've already been bought out by Google, the biggest fraud in the universe.

5028171
It was a joke. No one would seriously believe YT was created by the Illuminati.

5028409 scio, praetendebam quod vidisti.

oOOoo bold letters!

Let me try to explain something to you, Author, calmly and without negativity.

Do you really understand why people dislike your story, even if they haven't read it? I don't think you do. You seem to think people just hate Alicorn OCs with a vengeange, merely for the fact that they are Alicorns. This isn't technically true.

People on this site hate the stereotype of Alicorn OCs: Authors who use them often make them Mary Sues, characters who are perfect, overpowered, and who only go through bad circumstances because of other "bad" characters, never because of their own mistakes.

People on this site hate the stereotype of Self-insertions: Not only do Authors tend to make themselves Mary Sues (because people like to think they are perfect), but it also shows a lack of creativity. The Author can't come up with a new character, so they use themselves.

Unfortunately, from what I've seen and others have seen, your story meets the expectations of the stereotype. I'm not criticising you, I'm saying what people think.

But it isn't just that. You've made it worse: You deleted comments and blocked critics. Yes, criticism is harsh. But when you do that, you make yourself "the bad guy", and people who never would have shown up on your story come here to downvote simply because you censored people. On top of that, you've told people you won't change, showing them you think you're perfect and don't need to improve. People on this site don't respect that.

That's why your stories are doing badly.

I dont even care anymore you all are just making it harder for me. So if you could please stop commenting from other works and leave me be that would be nice. AND I HAVE MORE THAN ONE OC DAMMIT! WILL NO ONE LISTEN. I'm probably gonna be banned cause I left an anger message for the lead site developer.

5028419
Chun a bheith cinnte a bheith cinnte a bheith cinnte.

5028683 quid lingua est ista? non intellego.

Comment posted by JEFFERY8U deleted Sep 20th, 2014
Comment posted by JEFFERY8U deleted Sep 20th, 2014

Just remember I tried to help you.:ajsleepy:

5028097 I don't really care for them.:applejackunsure:

5028626

I'm probably gonna be banned cause I left an anger message for the lead site developer.

We can only hope, you stuck-up prima donna.

5030264 Turns out I wont be banned ever. So you can take you party and shove it right up your arse.

5033656
dont listen to them there are the haters. you are reelly good at make the stories. i wants to see more of you're oc. plase make the mre of this please and thank u very much.

What the fuck is this?!:raritydespair:

5033656

You're cute when you're angry.

Wanna fuck?

5035364
y u such a hater?

5035442

It saves time. I offered her some squeaky-squeaky, what more do you want?

5035364 COMMENT SEX!!!! COMMENT SEX! COMMENT SEX! COMMENT SEX! COMMENT SEX! COMMENT SEX!
(()):rainbowwild::yay:;p(()):rainbowwild::fluttershbad::yay:



Good god I'm horrible..

I... I don't even... what is this? I think it's a story of some kind, but...

I need to go lay down.

Heres an update to all. I will not be releasing an actual story on a new OC I have had in the works since last year. I was going to release the pegasus Flitter Flare a long time ago, but naw not anymore. I am not updating on this site any longer. I am putting all fictions on hold and will be releasing the story I revoked again and not listen to any comments. Get over it

5072677 Your bad attitude is not helping your case.

I'm not going to bother offering any advice at all purely because of the author's attitude. Why offer help when they clearly think they are infallible and do not want it?

5036669
If it helps, I think you're funny...

I'll pass on the comment sex, though.

Login or register to comment