• Published 12th Nov 2013
  • 972 Views, 56 Comments

The Story of Starlight (Rewritten) - Starlight Dash



Its about giving others or more specifically one pony a chance despite the odds of the pony species being obliterated. She stands between the destruction of Equestria and safe continuing of it's in habitats.

  • ...
34
 56
 972

Chapter 5: Goodbye Celestia

Chapter 5: Goodbye Celestia

Celestia struggles standing over Luna as some sort of shield. Nightmare Moon simply chuckles.

"I must say Celestia you have quite the endurance, but even that won't save you from me."

"I will fight and defend all that I love from somepony such as you!" Celestia spats.

Nightmare Moon wipes a single bit of spit from her face frowning.

"I grow tired of this game don't you think?"

"I don't." Starlight says

Nightmare Moon turns around to find Starlight standing amongst the two in the royal garden.

"This ends Nightmare Moon."

"HAHAHAHAHA doesn't the foal have somewhere to be?"

"I'm not foal anymore."

Starlight smiles as she disperses into a bright flash of pink energy. This reveals to Nightmare that it was a clone. She turns around and summons up a blue shield blocking the real Starlight's crystallized tail. The two part their attacks matching each others strength. Starlight flies backward doing a mid air flip. While Nightmare Moon slides back.

"You've gotten stronger?"

They exchanges blows again. This time Starlight speaks up "Oh? You noticed! I am so touched." She says sarcastically.

Starlight splits into lines off energy and forms around the back of Nightmare taking her off guard. Starlight stomps the ground creating a violent shockwave which sends Nightmare flying through the maze that Twilight found the star in. Starlight smiles lowering her guard which was a bad idea. Nightmare phases from under Starlight lifting her up and blasting her with a large magic beam. Starlight flies upward and then begins an accelerating decline. Starlight tries to flap her wings and slow herself down, but Nightmare appears above and quickens her approach to the ground. A large crater forms as Starlight's body meets the dirt and grass.

"Give up! You cannot beat me!" Nightmare stomps on Starlight's left wing and crushes it.

Starlight coughs. "I just did."

Starlight thrusts up causing her wing to dislocate and break. She thrusts her horn into Nightmares chest and fires a magic beam straight through the demonic pony.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

"Check..mate."

"If I am going to go down I am going to take you with me!"

Starlight knew that her time was ending, but a sudden flash and Celestia grabbed Nightmare and flew up into the sky. Nightmare moon exploded in a bright dark blue sending dark blue sparkles to the land below.

Starlight's eyes widened "MOMMY!!!" She reached her hoof out.

Starlight collapsed.

------------

Days had passed since the incident involving her sister and her sisters daughter. Though Luna was doing fine running Equestria on her own it didn't help keep her mind off her sister. Celestia sacrificed herself to save her daughter. She wasn't even her daughter, Starlight was just some jumbled up mix of magic that happened to appear. Luna began to get angry, but slowly calmed herself back down. She was hurting, but nowhere near as close as Starlight was. Again Starlight had no true parents. She wasn't born the way other foals were. Celestia took her in and loved her. She was the foals mother and to see ones mother blow up into bright dark blue particles is mortifying. Though Luna's train of thought was elsewhere she was focusing on Starlight's dream which she had invaded. Starlight was doing nothing just sitting in a raining forest her head down. Luna didn't move one inch. She had no idea what to do, no clue on how to act upon the dream. This was one ponies dream she couldn't correct.

"Poor Starlight."

The next day Luna observed Starlight practicing her own magic. Luna knew what she had to do and immediately began work on it. Starlight stopped practicing and fell to the ground on her back. Her mind flashed back to the moment Celestia gave herself up. Tears began to flow slight before they were cast away by her hoof.

"Why did you have to go. It wasn't your job...It was mine."

The rest of the week passed by slowly. Starlight's grieving was a painful process as she lost the closest person to her. The only thing she was ever concerned with was her studies. There was one thing she was preparing for. Starlight stood infront of the ruined castle. Her first home before Canterlot now falling apart. Her mind flashed back to a promise that was made.

Celestia stands upon the Tree of Harmony Starlight by her side.

"Starlight when the times comes. I will die. It is an inevitable. If you are still alive I want you to come here. You must give yourself to the Tree of Harmony."

"But why mommy?"

"That I cannot tell you, but." She turns around and picks up Starlight's head gently with her hoof. "I know you will come seeking answers for things you do not agree with or understand. This tree will help you. Do not fear it. It is your savior."

The word savior echos on in Starlight's mind as she opens her eyes. She now rests looking at the tree. It's bright white branches that hold the most powerful weapons in Equestria. The Elements of Harmony.

"I guess this is it."

Starlight goes toward the tree center. She touches the base of the tree. It responds by violently summoning a flower below Starlight and trapping her in the petals. The flower now closed summons a vine which attached it to the ponies horn then lulls Starlight into a deep sleep.