• Published 25th Jul 2013
  • 3,580 Views, 73 Comments

Wonders - Moniker



Scootaloo enters a contest to win a flight lesson with the Wonderbolts. What is this contest? She has to write about her family, her house, her life. This however becomes much more.

  • ...
25
 73
 3,580

Back to school

Wonders

By Dancing With Discord

Back to school


Scootaloo walked with her mother. "Are you sure you want to do this?" Spitfire asked. She paused. "I can always home school," Spitfire pat her head.

Scootaloo nodded. "Yes, I'm positive, I missed three weeks of school, I think I'm better now," Scootaloo looked at her saddle bag.

"Remember if it acts up no matter the occasion take it."

Scootaloo knew the consequences of a missed dose. Scootaloo stopped in her tracks. "Are we still going to the show tonight?" Scootaloo asked Spit who was smiling at the question.

"Of course, in fact, I'm going to lead the flyers," Spitfire opened up her wings. "Tell you what, after tomorrow's show I'll teach you to fly how about that?" she asked.

Scootaloo pondered the idea. Rainbow Dash wasn't too much into teaching her. Scootaloo shrugged. "Sure, why not," she responded. In truth she's happy inside. She will get a lesson from one of the greatest flyers in all of Equestria.

"Well, I'll see you after school, by the way give this to the teacher," Spitfire handed Scootaloo a letter.


Scootaloo walked inside the classroom. She immediately gave the note to Ms. Cherilee. "My mom said to give you this," she said.

Cherilee scanned the note.

Dear Ms. Cherilee

If you recall the cold Scootaloo got three weeks ago you'll understand this. We had recently learned this poor filly she has contracted a serous unknown disease with no name, hence it being unknown. If she is not to take the medicine she got from the doctor at the day it acts up she will miss her dose, if she misses the dose there is no help for her. If you see her cough way too loud then ask her to take the medicine.

~Sincerely Spitfire

Ms. Cherilee's jaw went agape. "I...Is this true?" she asked leaning in on Scootaloo.

Scootaloo sadly nodded. "Dead serious," she responded.

"Well, then take it once you see fit," Ms. Cherilee said.

Scootaloo nodded. "Yeah," Scootaloo agreed.

"Go to your average seat, we were talking about math problems," she caught her up. Scootaloo sat down on her normal seat.

"Okay class-" a colt raised his hoof for a moment. "Yes?" she asked calmly.

The colt looked at Ms. Cherilee. "What exactly is that math problem on that board?" the colt asked.

Cherilee looked at the board. "Uh...uh...it's...um...class dismissed!" Ms. Cherilee called out stumped on the math equation. Darn it, not even I know this problem, I...I don't even know how long this has been here. She sighed as she finished her thought.


Scootaloo sighed. She noticed that Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom weren't in the classroom. She felt a heavy cough come over her as a fit of smaller coughs followed. It attracted Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon's attention. The two walked over in the annoying stride they do. "What's a matter with you?" she laughed silently before she spook again. "Have you realized that you're going to be a blank flank forever?" she again laughed after mocking Scootaloo.

Scootaloo looked inside her saddle bag. She ignored Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. She just grabbed the medicine.

Diamond giggled. She swiped the medicine before Scootaloo used it. "What this?" she asked laughing afterwards.

"Hey...give...that...back!" she yelled in between little coughs.

Diamond stuck her tongue out at Scootaloo. "No," she bluntly said.

"But...But...I...need...that!" she roared still in between slightly bigger coughs.

"Why?" she questioned.

Scootaloo didn't want to have to say it. She already gets bullied enough, what would happen if she was to say she has an unknown disease? Granted she'll learn soon enough if she doesn't take her meds. "Just...give...me...that!" she demanded only to get another stuck out tongue this time by Silver Spoon. "Why should we? I'm sure you wish there was a way out of being a blank flank," Diamond Tiara mocked. She laughed soon after, followed by Silver Spoon.

"T...There is...I don't...have to...take my medicine!" she finally burst.

"What?" Diamond tilted her head still keeping the medicine away from Scootaloo.

Scootaloo let out a heavy sigh followed by a few minor coughs a little blood she saw on her own hoof. She concealed it for a moment. "Well, that pen you hold in your hoof, determines my life, I have something, something that requires me to take that every time the recoil effects if not taken is all other doses become obsolete and useless, and if that happens it well slowly but surely kill me!' Scootaloo suddenly coughed loudly. A spray of blood coated the grass below Diamond.

"Ew!" she squealed.

Scootaloo cleared her throat. "See?" she asked the stunned earth filly.

Diamond Tiara nodded. "Yes, here you go, just stop that," she said handing her the medicine tube.

Scootaloo nodded. "Thank you," she pressed the top after one more minor cough almost scaring Diamond Tiara half to death. Scootaloo walked in and kept doing school


The bell rang every-pony ran outside. Scootaloo was met by Spit half way. She didn't bother landing. "Climb on Scootaloo," she smiled picking Scootaloo up off the ground. She flew them to her prep room. "One moment," she put a slight bit of make up on her cheeks. "Did you have any trouble?" Spit asked one eye shut on impact of the light brush for her make up.

Scootaloo nodded a minute no more. "A bit," she admitted.

Spitfire came to her. "Well, come here," Spitfire hugged Scootaloo tightly; Scootaloo reacted with wrapping her arms around Spitfire's body. The few weeks she has known her she did not return a hug from Spit. That warmed Spitfire's heart.

"I...I trust you now," tears began to fall from her eyes.

Spitfire pat Scoot’s back. "You know I trust you completely, I...I trusted you the first day, I knew you'd learn to trust me," it was Spitfire's turn to cry. After some more hugging Scootaloo and Spitfire's coats had many gray spots on them.


During the flight which Scootaloo was watching intently. She was on the ref's back as requested by Spitfire. Even when she was with the ref there was still a crowd. Scootaloo watched as Spitfire glanced at Scootaloo for a mere moment. She smiled and winked at her. Scootaloo grinned. She watched and memorized every motion of Spitfire. She watched as Spitfire suddenly with no warning started to fall with an unknown cause, unlike most times she had lost her strength to pull up. She fell to fast for even the Wonderbolts to catch her. She hit the ground. Scootaloo saw as the ref picked her up with his muzzle, he knew that Scootaloo couldn't fly; Spitfire made that very clear. "I know you want to see if Spitfire is still...okay," he said.

Scootaloo nodded. "I do," she admitted.

She saw as two Pegasus ponies picked her up. She heard and saw they were doctors. She heard them talking amongst each other. "She's in serious condition, do you think she'll pull though?" one asked the other.

The doctor sighed slightly. "Odds are that she won't," the other stallion sighed while saying his sentence.

Scootaloo's heart broke. She immediately encountered some random stallion. "I'm sorry, but I've heard you are her daughter, is there any-pony else you can stay with?" the stallion asked.

"Wh...Where are you taking her what hospital?" she asked.

The random stallion looked at her. "The closest one is Ponyville's, but you didn't answer the question, do you?" he asked Scootaloo again.

She nodded. "Yeah, my dad," she said.

He nodded. "I'd recommend you go to him," the stallion asked.

He was stopped by Scootaloo. "Why does this concern you?" Scootaloo asked.

He reached in his saddle bag and pulled out a badge. It was real it read.

Cloud Chaser,

Badge number 92014,

Detective

Scootaloo looked at him. "You're part of the CDPD?" she asked him who nodded. "You can visit your mother in the hospital later," he said.

Scootaloo cocked her head. "Wait she's not dead?" she was amazed it was a hard fall.

He shook his head. "No, just in a comatose state," he said.

"I'm going to visit her every week," she told herself.


Epilogue: "I'm still here"

Five years later

The hospital door opened with a creak. Scootaloo walked to her mother's bed. She sat down on a chair. Scootaloo felt a tear form in the corner of her eye. "Hey, I'm still here, I'd like to say something. I'm sorry I wasn't trusting of you the first week, I wish I was in honesty, maybe I wouldn't have been here in the first place," she let out a cough. "Hehe, do you remember this?" she pulled out the tube with the words 'Flim Flam Super Healing nine thousand' Of course you remember," Scootaloo sighed. "I guess it's going to be yet another birthday without you," Scootaloo lowered her head she heard the loud click of the tube. Scootaloo's eyes started to tear up. "I...I miss you," Scootaloo stroked Spitfire's mane.

Author's Note:

I know, this is kind of a drag, and I know this reminds you of the original ending.

Comments ( 22 )

Oh God, the feels!!!:fluttershbad::fluttershyouch::fluttercry::pinkiesad2::applecry::raritydespair:

I won't lie i still just can't put a upvote. this isnt a sad fic its a tragedy.You need to put the tragedy tag.

3012025 Done and done.

I'm feelin nothing man it's to fast paced slow it down bro. Slow it down. I only felt sad in the first 300 words of the first chapter. Slow down and add more to the chapters. What could exist in a lot of this is missing, or at least been shortened.

Something's do go by fast but... No. Your pacing is like a newbie trying to write the best adventure story inside the wrong genre. Sad stories don't need the pace nor do tradgedies. No rush.

Still good just empty.

Don´t feel nothing.
Well i guess i´m a bit annoyed by the fact that the last part seemed completely unnecessary to me. Not even bad, just unnecessary

Honestly? i read it from start to finish and have to say It wasn't one of the better fics I've read.


It was too choppy in places and too fast paced. There's hardly any input with Soarin as her father, and finally a coma? Really? was that really necessary? no, it turned what was an okish fic to a downvote for me, there was just no reasoning for it, and I'm sorry but Spitfire wouldn't just loose control and fall for no reason.

all in all :pinkiesmile: / 5

when i read the first chapter when you posted it ages ago it really gave me excitement that someone was writing a scootaloo and spitfire story, however i felt as if it went a little to fast for me, its just the coma part that really confused me , all in all a good story but for me just a little to fast :pinkiesmile:

WOW the detective part made my smile creak up but. Spitfire died......
:raritydespair::fluttershbad::fluttershyouch::fluttershbad::fluttershyouch:

She can't be dead!

that was a beautiful story

Not sure how old the fic is, or how far the writer has improved from writing it, but I am going to be honest.
The story felt very rushed, none of the events seemed to have time to sink in. Some of the events in the story seemed a little too...standard, sorry but I did not feel much of a shock factor. Scoots bouncing from one bad to the next made if hard for me to feel the 'feels'. The ending kinda left me hanging.
Now none of this is ment to bash the writer, I am not that kind of person. I write this in hopes to help the writer grow intot heir talent, not to hinder it.
The story was not bad but it was not that good either, I will never down vote a story, but I will not be up voting. I hope my comment can help in someway.

Oh wow...
So sad...

That was a good start to a story. I only say this because the story had quite a few grammar issues, as well as some pacing problems. Other than that, it was great. I did upvote it. :pinkiehappy:

Why spit! WHY!!!:raritydespair::raritycry::pinkiesad2::fluttercry: Great story. Create MOAR... Sorry still processing the ending..:facehoof::fluttercry::raritycry::raritydespair::facehoof:

3012025 I know!!! #tradagy:pinkiesad2:

I give the story an 7/10, faltering on the rushing factor and the out of nowhere ending... Seriously, you can't insert 500 words of feels into the end without SOME connection. (Ie. having Spitfire feeling light headed or dizzy at some parts in the story; hinting that Spit's abuse might have contributed to her coma or something)

3669168 Upon the age I was going to make a sequel.

Great story but what happened to Spitfire after that? PLEASE MAKE A SQUEL! PLEASE! I BEG OF YOU! PLEASE!

3669168
I planned on making a sequel. Explaining that.

I like scoot adopt stories but this one was stupidly rushed.
That's all i have as far as opinions go. This gave me a headache...

Sorry.

6108609

Well, I apologize, I was not that great with grammar at the time, nor pacing or things of that nature, and I still have much to learn about pacing. But I have shown improvement since I began. Be it offline writing, or online writing, I have made quite a collection, and I wouldn't change a thing.

So...do they have a pony version of Veritaserum then? To make sure that Scootaloo is telling the truth?

Login or register to comment