• Published 16th Feb 2012
  • 1,636 Views, 16 Comments

My Little Gemcraft - Registered Anonymous



What happens when you mix My Little Pony and Gemcraft together? You get this.

  • ...
2
 16
 1,636

Chapter 9

I DON’T OWN MY LITTLE PONY OR GEMCRAFT THEY BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS AND THIS IS A NON PROFIT STORY THAT I AM USING BOTH FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

Chapter 9
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fluttershy’s cottage
11:46A.M.

“Thank you Fluttershy for letting me have something to eat,” I said to Fluttershy as I stuffed my face full of a loaf of bread “I promise I’ll pay you back eventually.”

“N-no you don’t have to pay me back Zekeal. Just the fact that you came back safely is enough for me.” Fluttershy says to me kindly.

“But I don’t want to take advantage over your kindness Fluttershy.” I reply back insisting on paying her back.

“N-no Zekeal it is fine. You are not taking advantage of me I’m just doing what I normally do around other ponies and animals.” Fluttershy explains back to me.

I sigh and finally break down “Fine if you insist Fluttershy I’ll not pay you back. But I want to say again thank you for the food.”

“No problem Zekeal.” Fluttershy smiles at me. Her smile made me feel good on the inside almost like when a mother smiles at her child.

I quickly ate two loaves of bread in a span of five minutes as well as drinking almost half of the teapot. The two ponies were almost gawking at my eating habits during the time.

“Um do humans always eat like this?” Twilight asks me with an eyebrow raised.

I shook my head “No, but skipping breakfast is probably the reason why I am eating like this.”

Both ponies nodded slowly as I grabbed another loaf of bread and began eating it. Even though I am only eating bread, but it beats what I usually got in taverns or at the marketplace back in my own dimension which consisted mostly of cabbage stew.

“S-so Zekeal um what did you do in the Everfree Forest? Did you find anything of interest?” Twilight asks me still slightly disturbed as I practically inhaled the piece of bread into my mouth.

I took a quick sip of tea and began explaining “Well I did find a lot of flora in fact and took samples. In fact I found this strange blue flower in the forest.”

Twilight and Fluttershy suddenly give me a look of concern and Twilight says “Uh by chance was this blue flower one of many of where you found it by chance?”

“Actually yes it was. In fact I have it right here.” I said as I pulled out the blue flower from my pocket using my levitating magic.

Twilight and Fluttershy suddenly gasp once they got a good view of the plant.

Twilight then says quickly “Zekeal that is Poison Joke! Don’t tell me you picked that up using your hands!”

I shook my head “No Twilight I didn’t pick it up with my hands. I used by levitating magic and placed it in my pocket.”

“So none of it touched your body?” Twilight says.

“No none what so ever, but if I may ask why is this flower such a big deal? Would I just get a bad rash on my ass from it?” I asked jokingly.

Twilight facehoofed “No Zekeal you would not get a rash on your posterior, but instead you will get some strange side effects. Like your voice growing deep, a swollen tongue making everything you say into gibberish, or turning you into the size of a hummingbird.”

“Those don’t sound like very serious side effects, more like practical pranks with the use of some magic,” I replied back to Twilight.

“Hence the name ‘Poison Joke’,” Twilight comments

“Right, but that hardly seems harmful,” I began saying before Twilight interrupted me.

“I lost my ability to cast spells once due to walking through a patch of Poison Joke Zekeal.”

I blinked twice and looked back at the flower floating in front of me. Then back to Twilight. And back at the flower. Then back to her. Until I finally say “Well if that’s the case then I have no need for this then.”

I then threw the flower out an open window in the cottage using my magic. Losing the ability to use magic? I don’t think so.

I then turn my attention back to them and say “Well besides finding different kinds of flora in the forest I didn’t really see much of wildlife in there.”

“Really?” asked Fluttershy “B-but that can’t be right there should be a multitude of creatures in the Everfree.”

“Well there weren’t any when I entered and traveled through although I did meet something called a Diamond dog in there,” I replied back.
Both Twilight and Fluttershy’s eyes grew wide after I said the part about the diamond dog.

“A-a diamond d-dog?!” Fluttershy stuttered “H-how did you m-meet with a diamond dog?”

“Well ‘meet’ would not be a good choice of words for the situation I was in,” I began explaining “More like ‘nearly getting robbed from’ would be a better substitute.”

It was Twilight’s turn to talk “The diamond dog didn’t hurt you or anything right?”

“No he just pounced on top of me and went rummaging through my robes trying to find gems,” I answered back “More specifically the gems that I can create using magic.”

“O-oh my… so how did you get away from him? The last time I met a diamond dog they were very mean,” Fluttershy asked.

“Well they may seem mean, but they must be incredibly dumb,” I replied back “I just outsmarted him.”

“And how did you do that?” asked Twilight.

“I gave him a couple of gems and told him that there were more in a nearby cave,” I said to her while smiling “And best part is he believed me! What an idiot!”

“T-that’s not very nice Zekeal,” Fluttershy says with a sterner look on her face “What if some sort of big dangerous animal was sleeping in that cave?”

“Don’t worry,” I replied to her “The cave was as dead as a tomb and why are you worrying so much about a creature that you said was supposed to be very mean.”

Fluttershy then replies “Every living thing should be treated with kindness even if they are mean. At least that’s what I believe in.”

I looked at the yellow Pegasus and replied back “Well he was in my way from continuing my peaceful life and returning back to your cottage. And if something is in my path that’s blocking me, I’ll have no other choice, but to push it out of the way whether it be man, pony, or beast. That is what I believe in Fluttershy.”

“But won’t that choice of path just create more conflicts for you along the way?” Fluttershy began “Don’t you choose more peaceful paths?”

“Yes and I did it with the diamond dog back in the forest,” I started to say while starting to grow weary from this discussion about morals “I chose to bribe him in a peaceful manner instead of causing him to be severely injured or even killed by my magic!”

After my comment the room became suddenly quiet for some time.

Maybe I should have chosen my words more carefully.

“You t-thought of try-trying to k-kill him?” Fluttershy started to stutter with a hint of fear about her.

I stared at the Pegasus and saw that she looked like she was almost on the verge of tears. She must be the most innocent pony I have met in my entire time here.

I sighed a little while scratching the back of my head and said “Yes, yes I did think of causing him harm, but you have to understand Fluttershy not all conflicts can be solved using kindness and friendship especially from where I come from. I just confronted the problem with the ways I learned how to deal with them back in my world. So please understand I don’t enjoy conflicts more than any other person or pony and I don’t enjoy killing other living beings unless I really need to. So please forgive me if I sounded a little extreme just then.”

Fluttershy remained quiet for a while and says “N-no need to apologize. I now understand why you acted like you did. It was just a little unsettling for me thats all.”

I nodded to her “Thank you Fluttershy.”

I then reached out to give her a pat on the head when suddenly I felt a disturbance.

How is this possible?

“Uh Zekeal are you alright?” Twilight asks.

Why here why now?

I quickly got up from where I was sitting and quickly made my way for the door of the cottage.

Why is this happening?

“Zekeal where are you going?” Fluttershy asks “Is something wrong?”

Just how the hell did ‘they’ get here!?

I looked out towards the forest and began fearing more and more. Twilight and Fluttershy were now outside wondering and asking what was the matter with me. I ignored them and kept looking on into the forest until eventually…

“Towers arise!” I shouted as two towers of stone suddenly appeared just beside me and the two ponies.

Twilight and Fluttershy were startled by my sudden outburst especially when the two towers arose.

“Z-Zekeal! What in the name of Equestria are you doing?!” Twilight exclaims.

“Twilight I need you and Fluttershy to go into town and warn all the townsfolk to go into their houses and hide!” I tell her while materializing two gems in both of my hands.

Twilight looked at me confusedly and says “W-what do you mean? What is going on? Is there something you are not telling us?!”

“Listen Twilight we don’t have much time,” I said as I levitated both gems and placed them in the towers “Your town is about to come under attack.”

“By what?” Twilight asks.

“Your town is about to get attacked by monsters Twilight,” I told her while forming another gem in my hand.

“Huh? B-but there are no such things as monsters Zekeal,” Fluttershy says.

Almost right after Fluttershy says that twenty different creatures came rushing out of the forest almost like a pack of wolves. Only these creatures looked more like large version of centipedes with orange carapaces.

“Dammit too late!” I yell as I charged up the gem in my hand turning it into a gembomb and threw it at the group of creatures taking out about half of them creating a big cloud of black and orange ash. The ones that survived were taken down by the magical orbs that were shot from the gem towers.

During the time Fluttershy and Twilight could only gasp at what exited from the forest. Fluttershy then states with a tone of fear in her voice “W-what w-were those creatures? I n-never seen anything l-like them b-before…”

Twilight on the other-hoof knew or at least could guess just what those ‘things’ were.

“Zekeal? Those creatures you just destroyed… were they the monsters you told me about? The ones from your world?” Twilight asks me with a worried tone.

I turn to her with a frown of disappointment on my face and told her in a more calm tone “Yes Twilight, and that is why I need you to go warn everyone in town. There will be more of them coming and I don’t want others getting caught in the crossfire when the monsters reach the town.”

“But wouldn’t you be able to hold them off right here?” Twilight asks me.

“Sorry, but if I tried holding off the monsters from this position I would be quickly overwhelmed. I’m sorry Twilight, but I have to ask if I could use your library and your town for this fight.” I asked her.

Twilight then says “But what if those monsters break into other ponies’ houses during the fight?”

“Don’t worry these bastards will try to kill only me first before they even try to attack anyone or anypony else.” I reply to her.

She sighs and then says “Fine. But I have two questions that need to be answered. Why are these monsters after you and only you and how did they get here?”

Memories of what happened at the cave entered my mind and how I ended up calling the monsters back then. That would explain why they are coming from the forest, but how they got here was still a little harder to guess. Maybe some monsters got sucked into the banishment spell when I used it on that Shadow bitch. But that still doesn’t explain why there are so many of them. Even if about twenty of them got sucked in, it still would have taken days, even weeks before the monsters could reproduce enough to make a horde this size. Just what made them reproduce so quickly?!

I decided to think about it later since that time was of the essence so I gave Twilight a simple answer “I guess they just don’t like me and my magic and as for how they got here it may have been sort of my fault. I’ll explain later just please go and warn the town!”

“Fine, but I expect a full explanation when this is all over! Come on Fluttershy.” Twilight says as she turns and begins to gallop away.

“A-are you s-sure my animals will be safe Zekeal?” Fluttershy asks me with fear hinting her voice.

I turn to her and gave her a reassuring smile “Don’t worry they’ll be safe I swear it on my life.”

She nods and says “Alright, but please be safe yourself… I wish that there was another way besides hurting these creatures to make them stop attacking.”

Fluttershy then takes off and flies after Twilight.

“Me too Fluttershy, me too.” I reply to her she leaves. I then turn around and looked back at the forest.

“Well it is just you and me you persistent bastards! You just don’t know when to quit don’t you?” I shout towards the forest. Then a new group of monsters slowly began to exit from the forest only this time they are larger, but fewer of them.

I then materialize a gem in one hand and with the other hand I used to create another tower. I then began to charge up the gem for another gembomb.

“Well I have only one thing to say to you and you know what it is?!” I shout at them as I reared back to throw the gembomb “Get the hell outta my way!”

I felt a light rain begin to hit my head as I threw my gembomb straight at the group of monsters in front of me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the outskirts of Ponyville the sound of hooves could be heard as Twilight and Fluttershy galloped, or in Fluttershy’s case flew, as fast as their bodies could allow them to go.

“Alright Fluttershy when we get to Ponyville I want you to go and warn as many ponies as you can. I will try to get in contact with the mayor.” Twilight says with urgency.

“Alright Twilight I will,” Fluttershy replies back.

The two ponies continued their way towards Ponyville when another voice catches their attentions.

“Hey Twilight! Fluttershy!”

Twilight and Fluttershy turn their heads towards the voice in the sky to see that the voice belonged to Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash then flew lower to the ground and kept pace with Twilight and Fluttershy and asks “What are you guys in a rush for? Is something a matter?”

Twilight looks at her and explains “Yes Rainbow there is something a matter, but I don’t have much time to explain the whole situation.”

“Well if that’s the case what can I do to help?” Rainbow Dash says.

Twilight thought for a moment and then says “Can you tell Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie to meet at the library? I have a feeling that we should have the Elements of Harmony all together just in case.”

“Woah. The situation must be terri-bad then.” Rainbow Dash replies.

“Don’t worry just round up the girls and I’ll explain everything at the library.” Twilight says.

“Sure you can count on me!” Rainbow Dash says as she flies away with a streak of rainbow behind her.

Twilight watched as Rainbow Dash flew away and sighs “I hope we have enough time to warn Ponyville.”

So Twilight and Fluttershy continued their way towards Ponyville and immediately split up to warn the town of the impending danger with Fluttershy warning town ponies and Twilight telling the mayor about the situation. It wasn’t long before all of Ponyville was in an uproar about this sudden turn of events. Most of its citizens went galloping back into their houses, locking doors, and some boarding their windows.

It wasn’t long after all the commotion that the town looked completely deserted. A ghost town if you may. There was an eerie silence about the town with the only beings walking the streets right now were two ponies.

“W-wow everyone s-sure did hide quickly.” Fluttershy commented as she and Twilight walked through the deserted streets.

Twilight nodded “Well the ponies of Ponyville have a knack at panicking and hiding quickly.” Twilight thinks back to all the times Ponyville was in a panic whether it was from Parasprites to the whole Zecora debacle.

“Anyway it is best we get back to the library now, our friends may be waiting for us,” Twilight says to Fluttershy as she begins to trot in the direction of the library. Twilight then notices that raindrops begin to fall on her head and she looks at the sky. She then says “Strange… wasn’t it supposed to be sunny today?”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ponyville Library
12:52 P.M.

Outside of the library Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie were standing around the front door of the library discussing what the whole situation was about.

“So what do you girls think this situation is about?” Applejack says while turning to Rainbow Dash “You said that it was… ‘terri-bad’ Rainbow Dash?”

“Well it sounded terri-bad from the way Twilight said it to me,” Rainbow Dash replies.

“Oh oh oh! Maybe she and Fluttershy ran out of cupcake mix! Maybe that’s it!” Pinkie Pie suggests while bouncing up and down.

“Dear I don’t think that running out of cupcake mix would be that bad of a situation,” Rarity explains to Pinkie Pie.

“Well whatever it is we’ll figure it out soon. In fact here comes Twilight and Fluttershy right now!” Applejack says as she points a hoof in the direction of Twilight and Fluttershy.

As soon as Twilight got close enough she was immediately bombarded with an assortment of questions. Most of which pertaining as to what the situation was and why she needed them all to come to the library.

Twilight began to explain what had transpired not too long ago at Fluttershy’s cottage and what Zekeal told her. The group’s questions began to slowly die down and eventually stop. The group just listened intently on what their purple unicorn friend had to say.

Once Twilight was finished she says “And that’s what this situation is about, do you all understand.”

Twilight looked at her group of friends and noticed that they were unusually quiet, even Pinkie Pie was strangely quiet.

Rainbow Dash was the first to speak “So Zeak is currently fighting off these monsters by himself right now?”

“Yeah, but he said that he would eventually meet us here soon.” Twilight replies.

“But what ah wants to know is how these ‘monsters’ got here in the first place,” Applejack says “These things just don’t happen by accident.”

“Zekeal said that he would explain that subject in further when he gets here,” Twilight answers and then turns towards Rainbow Dash “Hey Dash do you know why its cloudy? Wasn’t the forecast supposed to call for clear skies?”

Rainbow Dash nods “Yeah, but the strange thing is the weather suddenly began acting like the Everfree forest’s weather right before I met you and Fluttershy. I was meaning to ask you about it, but you got me side tracked with this monster attack stuff.”

Twilight replies “Huh that is strange, could it have something related with the monsters?”

All six of the ponies in the group began to think about that subject for a moment or two until a yell broke their concentrations.

“Twilight! Get everyone inside the library NOW!”

The group turned towards where the yell was shouted from and saw Zekeal running around a corner towards the group.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Three minutes earlier

My breathe was heavy as I continued to sprint towards Ponyville after making my strategic retreat from the horde of monsters that were probably not too far behind me. Luckily when I did my retreat the monsters that were coming out were heavily armored, but very slow so I took my chances at running then.

During the waves after Twilight and Fluttershy left I noticed that most of the monsters were incredibly weak at first. But during the waves some of the smaller monsters tried to flank me by going a longer way out of the forest almost completely avoiding my towers. Cunning bastards I’ll give them that.

Although it has always surprised me as to why monsters send their weaker ones first and strongest last. Guess it’s just to weed out the weaklings.

At last I see the houses of Ponyville just in the distance. From what I could see most of the town looked deserted. My guess would be that Twilight and Fluttershy did their jobs quite well. Then I noticed some boards on the windows of some houses. Maybe they did their jobs ‘too’ well.

Oh well better safe than sorry I guess.

I quickly went around a turn and peered down the road towards Twilight’s library and noticed her and her friends standing just outside. I was slightly puzzled as to why she would bring her friends along then the fact that they are all really national heroes helped me understand why. They probably think they could help in some way. How nice.

Although all good intentions aside I had to get them inside quick I can already sense the monsters already getting past my defenses back at Fluttershy’s cottage.

I inhaled deeply and at the top of my lungs I yell “Twilight! Get everyone inside the library now!”

All six of their heads turn towards me as I continued to sprint towards them I could see Twilight give me a quick nod as she moved all the girls into the library. It wasn’t long before I came running through the doorway as well. I took notice that we still haven’t repaired Twilight’s door yet. This is going to be a problem.

I managed to stop myself and placed both hands on my knees as I took in quick breaths. I was never really good at cardio anyway.

I looked up to see that everyone was staring at me. Almost looks like they want an explanation.

“Listen, everyone, I know you all have questions as to what is going on right now, but I don’t have much time as of now,” I said to them “Although I have a good idea that the reason the monsters are attacking us probably has to do with something I did in the forest.”

They all looked at me and Twilight says “So what you are saying is that it was your fault for the monsters?”

I sigh disappointedly and say “Yes I am sorry for this to happen and I promise I’ll make things right.”

“Well I am just glad that you got back alright.” Fluttershy says.

“Yeah and don’t be sorry at least you are taking action for your own actions partner.” Applejack says to me with a smile.

I smile at the ‘quick to forgive’ behavior these ponies have and then say “Alright then I guess I have to get on with my next step: creating my mana pool.”

I was given some curious looks and raised eyebrows and I say to them “Uh it would be best just to watch and see.”

I then proceeded to the center of the library and began generating mana in both of my hands. I continued this until eventually I felt that I have enough mana to begin a mana pool and then threw the blue orb into the wooden floor beneath me. I could feel myself begin to connect with the library it seemed things were going easier than I thoug-

“Woah!” I suddenly say out loud as I felt a huge expanse of mana suddenly come surging into me. It felt like I was under water in a huge ocean for a moment. I knew that this tree was magical, but… I never thought it would have mana in it let alone this huge expanse of mana. This tree is not what it appears to be.

“Zekeal are you alright?” Twilight asks me with concern written on her face.

I nod to her and between deep breaths I say “Yeah I am alright it’s just that there was already some mana stored in this tree and a lot of it to boot. I’m just surprised is all.”

“What!? But how is that possible?” Twilight asks me.

I look to her and say “I don’t really know Twilight, but that can wait for later. The monsters will be soon upon us.”

“Alright, but I must ask is there anything we can do to help?” Twilight asks me.

I nod to her and say “Yes you can in fact could you and Rarity create a magical barrier around the library? That way the monsters won’t be able to get into the library that easily.”

“Sure we can do that, but due to its size it won’t last long under constant pressure.” Twilight warns me.

“Don’t worry I’ll make certain not to let too many get through,” I tell her.

I then turn to everypony else and say “Alright I am going to need look outs to tell me where the monsters are going to be coming from so I can counter their attacks. Applejack, Pinkie Pie I want you to be looking out of the windows and yell if you see any coming from the east or west.”

“Will do partner,” Applejack replies.

“Okie doki lokie!” Pinkie Pie says.

“Now Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy I need you two to scan the north and south outside during the fight in case if any try to attack our flanks can you do that for me?” I ask.

“No problem you can count on me!” Rainbow Dash says with enthusiasm.

“U-uh I don’t know, b-but I’ll try my best.” Fluttershy says timidly.

.”Thank you,” I say to them all with a smile “Your help is greatly appreciated now then everyone get ready.”

I then get up and walk outside I could sense the monsters slowly approaching Ponyville and I quickly raised three towers right in front of the library and quickly created three grade nine gems with incredible ease. The large supply of mana from the tree was really helping a lot already. Normally I wouldn’t even have enough mana to create just one grade three gem.

I then noticed that a purple shield slowly took form around the library.

“Hey Zeak I see a lot of baddies heading this way! Get ready!” the voice of Rainbow Dash came from above me.

It then began to rain a little harder but I didn’t mind because I had a grin forming on my face as I began to think of how this whole day started with sunshine and now it’s all rainy. Funny how things change in just a couple of hours.

I sigh contently and then say under my breath “Come on then you persistent bastards I’m right here.”

I then materialized a gem in my hand and prepared to throw it as the first wave of monsters slowly came from around the corner into the town of Ponyville.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
End of Chapter 9







Alright I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and please remember to point out any continuity errors, grammar errors, or anything for that matter-

Zekeal: You know what, this is really annoying me you know.

Uh what?

Zekeal: And I think some of your readers are probably annoyed by this as well.

Zekeal what are you talking about?

Zekeal: I’m talking about you always ending the chapter with this ‘give me feedback on errors’ thing. You’ve been doing it for the past eight chapters I think the readers get it already.

…True, but its my story so I do what I want and this little section is just to blow some steam off from all the writer’s blocks I have been getting through-out this chapter.

Zekeal: *sighs* Fine, do what you want. As for now I am going to help Pinkie Pie get a bun in the oven.

Alright…. Wait a second. HE WOULDN’T! *runs into the kitchen to see that Zekeal is helping Pinkie Pie put two loaves of bread into the kitchen oven*

Zekeal: …What? Don’t tell me you thought I meant that in a sexual way? *grins mischievously*

*face-palms* Just… just shut up and help me end this session.

Zekeal: Fine.

*sighs* Well this has been Registered Anonymous,

Zekeal: Zekeal,

Pinkie Pie: And Pinkie Pie!

Signing off check ya’ll later and to those who are having exams at this time I wish you the best of luck on them.

Comments ( 1 )

MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR!!!!!

Login or register to comment