• Published 16th Feb 2012
  • 1,635 Views, 16 Comments

My Little Gemcraft - Registered Anonymous



What happens when you mix My Little Pony and Gemcraft together? You get this.

  • ...
2
 16
 1,635

Chapter 1

I DON’T OWN MY LITTLE PONY OR GEMCRAFT THEY BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS AND THIS IS A NON PROFIT STORY THAT I AM USING BOTH FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY!

Chapter 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*crack*

Do you know when a day is going to be a bad day?

*crack*

Like if you find a hole in the sole of your shoe or a fly in your breakfast?

*crack*

*crack*

Or if you have this superstition that if you do something on a certain day at a certain time you’ll be cursed to have a bad day the next day?

*crack crack crack*

Well let’s just say that I have one of those superstitions.

*crack crack crack crack crack crack crack crack crack*

The superstition being that if I shave my facial hair off on a Thursday night while being intoxicated by an alcoholic beverage-

*crack crack crack*

*poof poof poof poof!*

the next day will be filled with a shitstorm of trouble for myself.

*crack crack crack crack crack*

Like the shitstorm of trouble I’m in right now with me getting assaulted by a seemingly never ending army of monsters that just popped out of a forest like nobody’s business.

*crack crack crack crack crack crack crack crack crack poof crack crack poof poof crack*

I mean come on I moved myself to this part of the world to get away from these bastards but ever since the rumors of some guy who released something called the “Forgotten” started to pop up, everything has been going to shit. I don’t even believe in rumors.

*crack crack crack crack crack poof crack crack crack crack*

Well no sense in complaining about it now at least the mass horde of monsters I have been facing have been relatively weak but by god they come in waves by the boat loads.

*crack crack crack crack crack poof crack crack crack*

But luckily I have been holding back most of them with my Gem towers I’ve constructed alongside the pathway towards my home, I also set up Gem traps directly on the pathway as well to trip them up even more, and if they are persistent enough I just banish them back to the forest and let them run the path back to my home AGAIN although it seems to make them more persistent and costs more mana to banish them if they get here again. But it is not a huge problem for me since they usually die on their second try plus I am a capable wizard and the fact that my mana pool is so large now after increasing it so much today I doubt they can even touch me. Boy do I feel powerful today.

*crack crack crack crack crack*

But by the sound of it the number of monsters dying out there right now sounds like there are very few left on the path. I take a quick look out my window to see that there were indeed a few monsters left out there. Persistent little buggers.

*crack crack crack*

I chuckle quietly and then suddenly, out of my sense of confidence, I decided to shout a taunt them.

“Think you could kill me you persistent bastards! I’ve had to deal with wolves more troubling and more deadly than you lot!”

*crack crack… crack*

The final monsters that were left on the path were destroyed into a cloud of black dust as the hail of projectiles my gems fired upon them finally hit.

“ *Sigh* About damn time you all died.” I said under my breath as I took a sip of water from my water sack. I was exhausted from the battle. Physically no mentally yes, even though my mana pool may be large the constant stress of the battle was still heavy on my mind so I sat in my chair and began contemplating on what just happened today.

“Let me see I was attacked by a horde of monsters from the forest all day today. No doubt a sign that it’s already been infested with them so either I can A) abandon this house and find a new place to stay. Or B) stay here, hold out, and fight them off until I kill off every single one of them.”

I contemplated my choices for a long time, which that long time being relatively five seconds long.

“I’m staying!” I said to myself stubbornly. I knew I could hold those bastards off easily with them being this weak and if I move myself to some place new it would just make me leave behind this large mana pool I have already created. Why waste it? Also add on to that I’ve found a place that I find somewhat peaceful and can possibly settle down at least until this monster business is over with so I decided that I’m not going to let some ugly ass monsters force me out of my home and by god I’ll make it clear to them that I’m here to stay!

I then got up and walked over to the window and at the top of my lungs I yelled:

“YOU HEAR THAT YOU PERSISTENT BASTARDS! TRY AS YOU WILL I AM NOT MOVING OUT OF MY HOME! SO GO AHEAD AND SEND ME YOUR BEST MONSTERS YOU GOT! Hell, send that “Forgotten” thing after me if ya’ll want even though it’s only a rumor!”

Suddenly something happened that I didn’t expect.

Silence.

Complete and utter silence.

Not a peaceful silence but an eerie silence, a cold silence… A dead silence.

Not even the animals around here gave a single sound or even stirred.

I was slightly unnerved by this but didn’t pay much attention to it. I looked out towards the forest and saw no movement.

“…Hmph if you think that the silent treatment is going to work on me you have another thing coming, pansies.”

I turned away from the window and began making my way towards my table to work on some new strategies for my next battle. No doubt they’ll be back tomorrow to have another run so I chose to begin preparing… or at least that’s what I thought.

Suddenly my body tenses up, a freezing chill ran down my spine, a heavy cloud of dread was upon me, I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand straight up. This could only mean one thing to me.

Something was still out there.

Something wanted me dead.

Something was out there that had bad news written all over it.

And unlike the other monsters from todayI can feel its presence even this far from the forest.

To put it bluntly I felt scared. Scared but not scared enough to lose my confidence or panic. Just… stunned by the sudden change in power level from the monsters I faced through out the day today. It just incredibly different.

I walked back over towards the window slowly and peered out to see just what was making that presence. I scanned the tree line for anything until finally I see a figure just outside the forests entrance.

Not a huge monstrous figure I was expecting but, a small, thin one. I studied the figure to understand just what I was seeing and concluded that the figure belonged to a young woman. Although I concluded already that this was not an ordinary young woman to begin with.

Not just from the fact that she seemed to have pitch, black hair and gray looking skin.

Not just by the fact that she just exited a forest that was currently infested with monsters.

Not even the fact that the clouds became incredibly dark all of a sudden.

It was the fact that the presence I am feeling right now is coming 100% from her.

From what I could tell she was looking directly at my home and possibly at me in the window. It was unnerving to me to say the least, but I kept my cool. At least for the moment.

The young woman was still standing there over near the forest for a long time. Then she did something that I found quite peculiar. She began slowly walking towards me home… right on the same path where all my towers and traps are located. I began thinking:

“Is she nuts?! It will only make her an easier target for my towers and traps and I doubt she can be that heavily armored being that small, thin, and wearing what appeared to be rags. She won’t last a second but, what is up with this presence about her that gives me a bad feeling?”

I quickly got my answer when she entered the range of my first Gem tower. The gem I set in this first tower was probably the most powerful out of all the towers on the field. Reason being is because it is a triple prism grade 7 gem consisting of the powers of Bloodbound, Slowing, and Multiple Damage. Not only can it slow down the target upon impact with its Slowing ability, but each kill it gets the more powerful it becomes with the help of the Bloodbound ability it has, and with all the kills I already got on it today it is already overpowered enough, and with the Multiple Damage perk it also has it can increase the damage even more by at least three. There was no way she was going to get past this-

She was already past the first Gem tower without it even firing upon her.

At that moment I immediately knew she was no run of the mill monster.

She is something truly horrible.

She is something that should not exist in this world.

She is something that should just come from rumors or legends.

I felt the blood slowly drain from my face knowing that this monster would definitely be the end of me if she got her hands on me. I quickly snapped back out of my daze and looked back out the window.

She was already over half of the way along the path. I had to think of something fast to delay her and also a plan to deal with her.

I could throw gem bombs at her, but after seeing that the gems didn’t even activate when she neared them I decided to “throw” away that idea. This thought gave me a slight chuckle even though I was facing certain death. Might as well make the most out of it.

I could banish her back to the forest, but that’ll only buy me time and who knows how much mana it would take to banish her to begin with.

I looked back out. She was now three-quarters of the way here.

“Dammit think Zekeal think!” I told myself in hopes of a plan of something amazing would enter my mind.

Then as if a candle suddenly lit up inside of my mind I came up with an idea. A reckless and stupid one, but hell I’ll give it a shot.

I quickly began bringing all the gems from the towers in the field over towards my home and began combining them all into one incredibly powerful gem, one that’ll hopefully make my plan a possible reality. After combining them all I finally looked down at my creation:

A Prismatic Gem.

A gem of eight different colors and eight different powers all wrapped inside.

Bloodbound.

Mana Gathering.

Multiple Damage.

Chain Hit.

Poisonous.

Shocking.

Slowing.

Armor Tearing.

It’s absolutely the most beautiful gem to create by most wizards and most feared by monsters just by the shear intensity of damage this baby can deal out but it requires both time and incredible amounts of mana to build one from scratch. One of which I didn’t seem to have right now.

I quickly looked out the window to see how far she was and how much more time I had.

She wasn’t outside.

“Huh?! Where did she go-“

Suddenly I hear the creaking of the door downstairs and the sound of footsteps coming from below.

She was already inside my home and I still needed more time to complete my plan.

More creaking is heard coming from my staircase this time. She must be coming up the stairs. Dammit I need more time!

Slowly her small figure emerged from the staircase to the top floor and after climbing the final step she turns and begins walking towards me.

“Back you foul temptress!” I yell as I try to use a banishment spell on her to see if I could actually banish her to begin with.

Nothing happens.

I try again.

Nothing happens.

I try AGAIN.

…Nothing happens she remains where she is standing. Apparently she stopped just a couple of feet away from me as I begun to try and banish her.

Right now I couldn’t come up with anything else I could do right now to buy time. So I did the only logical thing I thought I could do: Ask her a question.

“What in the hell are you?” I ask it as if it could give an answer.

She cocks her head to the side slightly as if thinking about my question. I could see that she was indeed something that wasn’t human. Her skin was indeed gray, white, and dead looking. Her pitch black hair was long and went down to her knees, she wore what looked like a gown although it was tattered in some areas. Her facial features were that of a young woman, very convincing to the untrained eye, although I can’t see her eyes at all through her hair that was draped in front of her face. I can see her nose and mouth still both looking gray and white completely void of any blood. She seemed so peaceful yet dangerous at the same time that I was somewhat enjoying the silence for the moment, although that all changed when she finally spoke.

“I… have many names.” She says in a low, sweet tone of voice which sent chills down my spine. “Shade, Demoness, Shadow Queen, or what you wizards like to call me The Forgotten.”

I looked at her wide eyed as she says this thinking that those rumors were actually true and that she would come after me of all people. I know I was a powerful wizard, but I knew there were even more powerful wizards than me out there. So I decided to use that as a rebuttal.

“Bullshit! Why would you come after me!? I only just finished wizardry school, which I barely passed if I may add, so why go after me than some insanely powerful wizard that are possibly three times my own age and have more wisdom?! That just doesn’t make sense and I think I know why! You are not the Forgotten! You are some sort of monster that is pretending to be her! You are an imposter!” I yelled at her… but by god I am used to giving bullshit explanations in the past but this was just me pulling stuff out of my ass! And worst of all I have probably just insulted a very powerful being that’ll try and kill me in the worst possible way! Well I guess its goodbye cruel world nice knowing ya!

She stood silent for a moment then she says to me “…Hmmm you say you have no wisdom in your mind yet what you say is incredibly true so either you are really cunning or you just have incredible dumb luck… I think its more of the latter.” She says and after a long pause “But either way I might as well give you the honor of knowing that I am indeed not The Forgotten.”

I was stunned that my bluff was actually true and stunned even more that I was not dead yet. Truly that left me speechless for a moment, but I didn’t forget the task of buying myself time for my final plan I had and if talking to her will buy me that time I’ll gladly take it.

“Uh yeah so you are not the Forgotten so what does that make you then?” I ask her.

As I look at her I swear I could see a small smile slowly appearing on her face and then she says “I am actually a Shadow that serves under The Forgotten.”

Well that answered one of my many questions but her being in cahoots with this “Forgotten” thing doesn’t ease my worries. Let me see how much info and time I can get out of her.

“So what’s up with this strange ability to disable my Gem towers eh?” I ask her “It’s pretty amazing and troubling for me if I may add.”

“Oh that’s just another ability that the Forgotten taught me. Quite helpful when I am dealing with other pesky wizards that get in my path like yourself.” She says as her smile seems to slowly begin to grow even wider “But thank you for the compliment. Normally other wizards would try to conjure up some sort of attack spell to try and slay me.”

“And *gulp* just what do you do to these other wizards you encounter after you um defeat them?” I asked her dreading the answer.

“Oh I just drain their mana and life force from them by possessing their dead bodies which will make me more powerful for future conflicts, but you I may treat differently this time. I’ll just posses you and let your body live on until I tire of it and then completely drain of what life that’s left in it.” She says with a creepy smile on her face.

“S-so you plan on keeping me alive, well that’s somewhat thoughtful of you and I guess I sort of thank you.” I say to her as I begin putting the final touches on my plan.

“Oh and one other thing I already know of what you are planning with that gem behind you.” She says nonchalantly.

I flinched as I hear her say those words. ‘Has she already found out about my plan?!’ I thought to myself.

She giggles for a moment and says slyly “You’re planning on using that gem behind your back by turning it into a Gem bomb which you will infuse it with whatever mana you have left and use it in a last ditch effort to destroy me while also destroying yourself as well. A very valiant plan, but it will fail in the end as how many other dozen wizards have tried against me already tried against me. It won’t even leave a scratch on me.”

Now.

Now is the time for me to surprise her.

I started out with a chuckle which slowly went up to an uproariously long drawn out laugh. What she guessed was no where near what I came up with. So I did what every other smartass person I knew did whenever they found somebody thinking that they were right but were actually horribly wrong: Tell the person just how wrong he or she is.

She lost her smile after my laughing tirade and looked a little peeved, although I couldn’t see her eyes to see if she was glaring at me but her scowl I could see, at what I just said but I chose to tell her off anyway ignoring the consequences. “Bitch you have no idea of how wrong you are! Here let me tell exactly how wrong you are!”

“I am not some valiant hero out here to save the day!”

“I am not some martyr who will give their life for wizard kind!”

“I am just a wizard who wants to live the life that he wants. But since you are in my way on my path towards the life I want to live I guess I have no choice but to push you out of the way to get to it!”

She looks at me, at least thats what I think she is doing with all that hair in her face, very intensely for a few moments after my little speech, but quickly regains her calm composure.

“Well if what you say is true then how exactly how are you going to “push” me out of the way? It’s already near impossible to kill me, but you already know that anyway.” She says to me with hints of anger in her voice.

“It’s quite simple really. I’ll banish you.” I tell her with a smirk on my face.

“You’ll what?” She says to me with a confused look “If you haven’t already noticed you have already tried that.”

“Yeah, but this banishment spell I came up with is much more powerful than you think. Tell me what would happen if I were to infuse this Prismatic gem with the rest of my mana?” I tell her while holding it up.

“With the amount of mana you have it will become quite unstable and more than likely blow up after about a minute after infusing which would take out everything in a quarter mile radius of here.” She says to me, apparently she knows her gems. Well she is a girl and all, but that’s beside the point.

“Right, but during that minute the gem will do something else while in its unstable state during that time!” I tell her with the smirk growing on my face.

“Yes it would increase the amount mana that was infused into the gem by a hundred fold.” She explains. “But why would you- …wait don’t tell me you are planning to-“

I smile a shit eating grin as I interrupt her “Oh yes I plan on using this Prismatic gem not to kill you, but to banish you!” I tell her as I finally infuse the last of my mana into the gem making it glow a full spectrum of colors in my hand.

“You foolish wizard! If you use that gem to banish me from the distance you are from me you’ll be caught in the banishment’s spell range as well! And with the amount of power the gem has it’ll not only banish us from here it’ll banish us both to a different dimension entirely!” She practically screams at me.

“Well I didn’t take much consideration about how powerful this banishment would be to begin with, but I just knew I had to push out of the way some how. Now then without further ado SEE YA IN HELL BITCH!” I yell as I throw the still glowing Prismatic gem onto the ground in-between me and her shattering it on the ground creating huge wave of colorful lights around us as it begins sucking us in to it’s banishment spell.

“You dirty wizard! What have you done!? Just exactly who are you!?” She yells at me as she gets sucked in fully.

“Remember my name bitch and remember it well! My name is Zekeal Grendale! And I am the wizard who banished your sorry ass!” I yell at her with a smug grin.

“I swear Zekeal! Where ever you end up I sweare I will find and I will end you!” She yells out her final words she gets sucked in.

The banishment spell was still sucking me towards it even after she got banished.

“Hmph well she was incredibly tough opponent oh well.” I say as I slowly get pulled in. “Hmmm I wonder what other dimensions look like? Who knows I may actually find some place to settle down in this one. Wouldn’t that be great?” I then get pulled in quickly and before I knew it I was out like a light.



Ponyville Library
9:53 P.M.

Inside the library in the small town of Ponyville there lived a purple unicorn by the name of Twilight Sparkle. She was currently looking through books filled with either magic spells, history, or some mixture of the two subjects in search of information that she could study on. She really did enjoy studying new things even though new subjects tended to turn peaceful nights into all-nighters for her.

“Twilight! Are you still up?” Twilight also has a baby dragon assistant called Spike. “I swear if you keep studying like this you’ll burn yourself out.”

Even though Twilight may be his guardian Spike tends to act more like the guardian of Twilight instead. But that doesn’t mean she is a bad person.

“Sorry Spike, but I am just so fascinated by this new book I found that I just have to read it tonight!” Twilight says to Spike with a twinkle in her eye.

“ *sighs* Fine Twilight whatever you say just don’t end up falling asleep on a pile of books again it’s bad for your back.” Spike says worryingly. “Also you have to start getting ready for the preparation for Summer Sun Celebration that’s in a few days. And if you are out cold on a pile of books, who will help plan and organize the event?”

“Don’t worry Spike I promise I won’t forget about that.” Twilight replies.

“Pinkie Pie Promise?” Spike asks again with a more intent stare.

“*sighs* Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.” Twilight says while doing the little gestures that came along with it while smiling all the way through.

Spike chuckles and turns to head off to bed “Thanks and good night Twilight. See you in the morning.”

“Yeah see you in the morning Spike.” Twilight says before turning her attention to her book. “Now where was I?”

She began reading more of the book until she suddenly felt two strange, magical disturbances, one being incredibly powerful the other being less powerful than the first.

“Huh. That was interesting just what in Celestia’s name could have caused those two disturbances in the first place.” Twilight says. “Hmm I better write a letter to the Princess some time tomorrow and ask her what those two disturbances were.”

Twilight then turned her attention back to the book and began reading. But little did she know that those disturbances that she felt will change her life and the lives of her friends in the days to come.

End Chapter 1




Hello readers if you are reading this then I would like to thank you for taking your time in reading this little beginning chapter of my story series that I created and hopefully I don’t have too many grammatical errors but since I don’t have any proof readers and this is my first story on this site so well… there may be some mistakes here and there that I overlooked. I also hope I got Twilight’s and Spike’s personalities right as well in the chapter. Although I had a fun time writing this chapter so I hope you enjoyed reading it as well. Also yes this is going to be a Gemcraft/My Little Pony Crossover since well it’s never been before and if you don’t know what Gemcraft is to begin with then take note of this website right here:

http://gemcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Gemcraft_Wiki

Anyway that is all I wanted to say so I’ll check you guys later! Bye!

~Registered Anonymous

Zekeal: WAIT WAIT WAIT! What about me!?

*sighs* What now Zekeal?

Zekeal: I want some more screen time!

*sighs heavily* Zekeal you were in 90% of the first chapter in fact if it wasn’t for the fact that I put Twilight and Spike in the final part of this chapter this story may not have even get past the pre-readers! And you are just taking up more of readers’ time from reading other fanfics that could be better than this!

Zekeal: Better fanfics… THAN THIS!? WHY I NEVER!

*sighs* Here have nachos and lets not talk about this again.

Zekeal: …Deal.

Thank you. Anyway sorry for the 4th wall breaking moment there now see ya later!