• Published 16th Feb 2012
  • 1,635 Views, 16 Comments

My Little Gemcraft - Registered Anonymous



What happens when you mix My Little Pony and Gemcraft together? You get this.

  • ...
2
 16
 1,635

Chapter 7

I DON’T OWN MY LITTLE PONY OR GEMCRAFT THEY BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS AND THIS IS A NON PROFIT STORY THAT I AM USING BOTH FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

Chapter 7
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There I lay, on my back, on the hard, wooden floor of Twilight’s library thinking. Thinking about how a pink haired pony managed to get behind without me knowing or sensing her. How the hell did she do that?

“Hey Mister Wizard are you alright? I hope you are ok because you have a ‘Welcome to Ponyville’ party to enjoy!” cheered a certain eccentric pink pony whose head entered my calming view of the library’s ceiling.

I grimaced slightly at her. Could I just have a little while to recover from that sudden surprise?

“Aw come on Mister Grumpy-Pants don’t look at me like that. Instead how about if you turn that frown upside-down and have a cupcake!” Pinkie Pie says to me excitedly while giving me a cupcake that she had in her hooves. How she can grasp a cupcake with her hooves to begin, I have no idea.

I didn’t really have much of a sweet tooth for baked goods to begin with so I shook my head. I received a frown from her soon after.

“What!? But everypony should like sweets!” Pinkie Pie exclaims at me “Why don’t you like sweets? Confess!”

She got up close and personal in my face during the ‘confess’ part. Also she smelled of baked goods.

“Well I am not really into baked goods uh Pinkie Pie was it? But thanks for the offer.” I reply to her while sitting myself up.

Pinkie Pie stares at me and says “Oh is that it then? Well what do you like for party food or even party drinks? Name what you like and I’ll go find it!”

“Uh are you sure Pinkie Pie?” I ask her.

“Of course not silly!” Pinkie says to me with a smile on her face.

I think for a moment and an idea comes to mind “Do you have any hard cider around here Pinkie?”

“Hard cider? …Oh you mean apple cider that makes ponies act funny and silly?” Pinkie says as she begins bouncing around me.

“Yeah that’s the stuff; if you can get me some of that it would be really appreciated.” I reply back to her with a smile forming on my face.

“Okie dokie loki! Be back in a second!” Pinkie says to me as she shoots off through the door with a speed that I thought wasn’t possible for these ponies.

The room was silent for a moment after Pinkie’s sudden exit, but eventually the other party guests began continuing their conversations with one another.

I on the other hand was still trying to take in what has happened in the last few minutes as I sat on the ground. I proceed to turn to Twilight and asked her “Uh can you explain why Pinkie Pie acts like that and how she can run that fast?”

Twilght replies “Funny thing I used to wonder the same way of how Pinkie acts like that some months ago too. I came to the conclusion that Pinkie Pie was just acting like “Pinkie Pie” or to put it more simply she just acts randomly.”

“Is that so?” I state while standing up “Is there anything else that I should know about her?”

“Well she does have this ability to sense future events before they happen, we call it her ‘Pinkie Sense’,” Twilight explained to me as she trots over to a table with punch on it and pours her a glass of it using her magic.

I thought for a moment on this ‘Pinkie Sense’, it sounded very far-fetched to me, but Twilight has known Pinkie longer than me so I took her word for it. “So basically she is like a mystic or psychic?” I asked Twilight.

“Well not really, think of Pinkie’s sense more as an instinct than a magical ability Zekeal.” Twilight replies back while taking a sip of her punch.

Right, like how most animals can sense danger before humans could sense it from where I am from.

“Anyway Zekeal I think you should try mingling with some of the other ponies here,” Twilight suggests to me.

“Sure why not?” I reply to her as I stood back up on my feet.

I looked around the room to find the most interesting looking ponies, unfortunately all of them looked interesting to me so with a quick pick of enie-meanie-minie-moe I chose a group of ponies and made my way over.

“Hey anyone want to hear a funny experience I had back in my world?” I asked the group which they nodded in excitement probably because I was the one who asked first instead of them. I could have asked if they had any questions that I could answer, but that was more of Twilight’s forte and also the fact that this is a party, why not share a couple of stories as well?

I smiled and began my story “Alright it was the day after I took my final exam to pass wizardry school and I was with other fellow wizards at this celebration over at one of the brothels in town.”

The story I told consisted most of the usual events that happen whenever wizards get together to party. Most of these events included drinking till we passed out, levitating and throwing each other out the window, accidently blowing up a section of the brothel with a gem bomb, and finally getting run out of the bar by an angry mob after we did all those other antics. We wizards may be scholars, but we can do some crazy things whenever we get drunk.

‘A- and after we destroyed half of the brothel we were then chased by a mob of other bar patrons and we had to jump and hide in an i-irrigation ditch until morning!” I told the group of ponies who were around me while I tried to hold in my own laughter “Good god that was a horrible time we had!”

The ponies that were around me chuckled and some burst out laughing. I also heard a “Well by the sound of that you deserved it!” coming from one of the ponies. I chuckled at that comment and said “Yeah you are right about that. We eventually had to repair the brothel and repay the owner for it, but the experience was still worth it.”

“But don’t you think that is a bit irresponsible? I mean you are a wizard, aren’t you supposed to be wise and powerful?” asks another pony from the group.

I replied back “Yes it was irresponsible of me to do that and wizards are supposed to act respectably back where I’m from, but you have to understand I was still young at the time and I believed during that time was what’s life worth living if you are not having any fun or enjoying yourself?”

I got a few nods from some of the ponies around me and I decided it was my turn to ask them some questions of my own like their names and occupations in Ponyville, but was cut short when a loud crash came from the door.

I quickly turn around to see that Pinkie Pie was on top of a large wooden barrel coming through the now re-destroyed entrance of the library with a huge smile on her face.

Twilight looked horrified.

Rainbow Dash was laughing at the scene unfold.

Applejack was facehoofing.

Every other pony around me took cover behind whatever furniture there was.

Me on the other hand, I had a big grin on my face for the obvious reason of getting my hands on some alcohol.
Pinkie then slowed down the barrel’s speed as she approached me while saying “Is this what you wanted Zekeal?”

I placed my foot out to help stop the barrel from rolling any further and smiled at her.

“Yes Pinkie, this looks exactly what I wanted,” I told her.

Pinkie proceeded to hop off the barrel and says “Good! Now let’s get this par-tay started!”

She then trotted off towards a weird looking device that looked like a square box with a horn looking object on top of it. She then placed a disc like object on it and moved an object with a point at the end of it onto the disc and turned a crank with her teeth. The next thing that I knew music began playing from it. I found this quite fascinating and began wondering how this contraption worked because the only music I have heard came from instruments and not boxes.

But before I could think of anything else on the matter of the strange box Pinkie bounced over to me and said “Come on Zekeal dance with me!”

I reply back to her “Sure, but first let me have a couple of drinks first alright? I tend to dance a little better when I do.”

“Okie doki lokie!” she says back to me and bounces over to another group of ponies who were already dancing.

I then quickly grabbed a cup and began opening the keg with vigor, because I have lost track of the last time I had good alcohol. Eventually I open the keg and poured me a full pint of it in the cup and took a sip.

Perfect. Simply perfect.

The cider had the sweet taste of apples that were grown on Applejack’s farm and the sweet taste almost completely overpowered the alcohol’s taste. I then downed the first cup and filled me another and did the same to it until I eventually got to my fifth mug and decided that I was good enough to start dancing.

“Alright Pinkie! Let’s dance!” I almost shouted as I walked over to her feeling slightly buzzed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile with Twilight

“Alright Pinkie! Let’s dance!” the shout coming from Zekeal that made Twilight’s head turn towards him. She saw him trying to dance, and keyword is ‘trying’, and completely failing at it. Although it didn’t seem he cared too much.

“For a wizard he is really lax about his appearance and the way he dances,” commented Applejack.

“Yeah, but he seems to be having fun it would seem.” Twilight replied “Also have any of you seen Rarity or Fluttershy yet?”

Before Applejack could reply a voice catches the attention of both mares coming from the door.

“If you are wondering about Fluttershy darling I’m afraid that she won’t be able to make it,” Rarity says as she walks through the destroyed opening of the door over to Twilight and Applejack “And just what happened to your library door?”

Twilight’s eyes widened a little concerned about her friend Fluttershy and asked “Is she alright Rarity? Is she in any trouble?”

“No darling it is nothing serious she just said that her animals were acting strange all day so she decided to look after them instead of joining us tonight,” Rarity replied back “But she said she would come visit some time tomorrow.”

Twilight sighed with relief and smiled “That’s a relief, although why were her animals acting strange?”

“She said she had no idea darling just that something must have spooked them.” Rarity replied.

“Hmmm maybe it could be Timber wolves in the Everfree what do you think Twilight?” Applejack comments while motioning to Twilight.

Twilight thought for a second and says “Well that is a possibility Applejack, but let’s not dwell too much on this subject we should be enjoying ourselves.

The two other mares nodded in approval and proceeded to enjoy the rest of the party that was going on.

The party went on late into the night with fun and merriment although it wasn’t long until everypony began leaving and heading back home exhausted and content from this evening’s festivities.

“Alright so long everypony I hope you all had a wonderful time,” Twilight said to the last of the ponies that were leaving the party.

Once the last few party guests left she levitated the broken door and fitted it back into place in its doorway the best she could. She would have to get it fixed later on tomorrow.

Twilight turned around looked around the place. It was a complete mess. And in the center of it all laid Zekeal completely passed out from after consuming about twenty-one pints of hard cider in one night. He still had the strength to hold the empty cup he was using for his hard cider. Twilight just shook her head at Zekeal’s current state and levitated him up with her magic and laid him on the couch while putting a blanket over him.

“Sweet dreams Zekeal see you in the morning,” Twilight says to the sleeping wizard and proceeded to make her way upstairs to turn in for the night as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

….Dammit why do I feel cold?

My eyes shoot open only to be staring at a gray sky. I could feel the cold grass beneath me. Just where the hell did I end up? Wasn’t I just at a party at Twilight’s library?

I slowly sat up and looked around to see that I was right beside a dark forest. I tried peering through it, but I couldn’t see more than at most three yards.

Something didn’t feel right about this forest and for some reason I feel drawn towards it.

I stood up and began walking into the forest heeding its call.

After some time of walking in the forest a familiar feeling began coming over me: A sense of dread.

Oh wait now I get it. This is all just a bad dream caused by the cider I had. I just had too many drinks that’s all there is to it. Now then time to dream of something else right about… now.

Everything around me stayed the same.

…Right now.

Everything remained the same still.

…Ok I’ll play along with your little game my subconscious. Let’s see where you’ll lead me in this dream then.

So I kept walking down towards the path towards where I was being drawn towards and as I pressed onwards the scenery around me progressively became darker and more threatening. I knew things were about to come to a climax for this dream or maybe I should now start calling it a nightmare instead, but beside the point I would get my answer one way or another.

After what seemed like another hour of walking I finally came upon a large cave opening where I could feel a large concentration of dread coming from it. This must be the place.

“Step one, walk down the forest path,” came a mysterious voice from out of nowhere.

I jumped slightly at this voice and opened my mouth to question this new voice that entered my mind, but no words came out of my mouth and left me mute. This was troubling.

“Step two, press forward through the unyielding dread,” the mysterious voice said counting off the things I did before coming to this cave.

I didn’t really notice at first, but the scenery around me slowly turned into a pitch black void around me excluding the cave that was in front of me and the ground around me.

“Step three, when you reach the cave call upon the evils that it holds,” says the voice.

I grimaced slightly at this, because I knew what the ‘call’ the voice was mentioning of was. It was actually a ‘monster summoning call’ that we wizards use to summon monsters from caves to destroy them, but since I couldn’t say anything in my mute state there was no way that I was going to say-

“Come forth creatures of dread, come forth beings of darkness, come and face your demise at my hands!” I said.

I covered my mouth in surprise trying to understand what just happened and how I could now speak, but was cut short by the mysterious voice again.

“Step four…,” the voice began and paused for a moment.

During said moment I noticed movement coming from the cave and a large black cloud slowly moved out from the mouth of the cave and slowly surrounded me on this little sliver of land in this dark void that I had left to stand on.

My frown only deepened on my face and I thought to myself ‘Why can’t I just get a straight answer from my dreams and not unfinished riddles?’

The cloud then moved forwards towards me at a fast past and quickly swallowed me up.

Just before everything went black, the voice from before finished with “…become responsible for the seeds you have sown.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ponyville Library
7:17 A.M.

My eyes shot open and I quickly sat myself up on the couch and looked around the room in a quick manner as if I was looking for something. Of course this was a terrible idea.

I then felt a sharp pain in my head and I clasp my hands over it and begin massaging my temples trying to lessen the pain.

“Ugh hangovers suck,” I said in my tired and pained state.

I slowly got myself and began making my way towards a still standing table from last night’s party that had a punch bowl, which still had some punch in it, on top of it. Once I reached the table I grabbed the bowl by the sides and began pouring the punch straight into my mouth in hopes of it to relieve my migraine. It only helped a little.

I set down the bowl back onto the table and decided I should get some fresh air, hopefully that’ll clear up my migraine. I then grabbed a piece of paper and a quill and began writing down a note, in sloppy Equestrian mind you, to Twilight that I was going out for some fresh air and if she wondered where I was or needed for something to just look around and ask other ponies if they saw where I went.

Once finished I placed it on the couch where I was once sleeping and made my way towards the door and grabbed the handle. When I pulled on it the door almost popped out of place and I quickly remembered what happened to the door from last night due to Pinkie’s antics. So I quickly stepped out side and fitted the broken door back into its place in the doorway, not fixed but at least it’ll be presentable.

I turned around and then thought about walking down a path outside of Ponyville to help relieve my migraine, only this time not towards Applejack’s apple orchard. As I walked through Ponyville some of the ponies were already out and about heading for work or running errands. Whenever I passed one I gave a short wave and they would give me a nod or a wave back as well. I looked up at the sky and saw that there were no clouds in the sky; today was shaping up to be a very nice day… even if the light around me is hurting my eyes.

After leaving Ponyville I followed the dirt path for a few minutes until I eventually came across another tree house, almost like Twilight’s library, that the road came up to and stopped at. Around the tree house there were chicken coops and other animal homes all around it. So this must be like a zoo or something I thought to myself.

The area surrounding the tree consisted of open patches of grass and a forest right next to it. I looked towards the forest and saw I small path leading into it. And why am I suddenly getting this tingling feeling in the back of my head when I’m looking at it?

I shrugged off the feeling and decided to pay whoever owned this house a visit, but I proceeded with caution, because anyone who lives this far out of Ponyville probably has never even seen me just yet. Don’t want to startle the pony who owns this home too much.

When I got to the door of the tree house I knocked on it. There then came a quiet, soft voice “B-be there in a second.” After a moment or two the door opens slowly revealing the owner of the tree house, a yellow Pegasus pony with pink hair. She quickly let out a soft gasp when she got a good look at me wide eyed and asked me in a timid tone “W-who are you? A-are you by chance the creature everyone was talking about in Ponyville?”

Well at least she has heard of me. I nod to her and say “Yes I am that creature.”

“O-ok then that means you are living with T-Twilight right?” she says while not trying to make eye contact.

I nod to her again “Yes I am living with Twilight.”

“Oh ok w-well would you mind if I ask for your name. I-I mean if that’s ok with you that is if you want to tell me your name.” She says while kicking the dirt with her hoof.

“My name is Zekeal, Zekeal Grendale. And if I may ask for your name miss?” I ask her.

“M-my name is Fluttershy.” She said so quietly I couldn’t hear her.

“Um can you say that again miss I didn’t quite catch that.”

“M-my name is Fluttershy.” She says again a little louder, but still quietly.

I thought about what her name sounded like and asked her “Is your name is Fluttershy, miss?”

Fluttershy nodded while she kept from making eye contact with me. Well her name does suit her very well.

“Well it’s a pleasure of meeting with you Fluttershy,” I told her with a smile, but was quickly turned into a frown when my migraine returned.

Fluttershy took notice of my pain and asked me “U-Um are you alright Zekeal?”

“Yeah I’m fine I just got this bad hangover from the party last night.” I told her while I rubbed my temples on my head.

“Oh you poor thing, please come inside and let me help you with that,” Fluttershy told me in a caring tone of voice.

“No, no I’m ok I just need some fresh air is all,” I say to her.

“No I insist, please come in and letter Doctor Fluttershy take care of you,” she says with a smile on her face and her shy demeanor gone from her face as well.

I couldn’t say no. Even if I wanted too her smile is just too adorable! How could I say no to a face like that? So I caved in and accepted her offer by giving her a short nod and stepping into her home.

Inside her home it looked even more than a zoo than the outside did. There were many other woodland creatures all over the place ranging from birds to squirrels to mice and other rodents.

I walked into the living room and settled down on the couch that was in there. I then turned my attention back to Fluttershy as she began making her way into another room of her home.

“I’ll be back in a little while with a little something to help you with that hangover Zekeal,” Fluttershy told me as she disappeared into the other room.

I sat there on the couch for a few minutes twiddling with my thumbs until I was visited by a white rabbit that hopped onto the table in front of me. It had a scowl on its face.

“Uh hi?” I said to it while getting slightly curious as to why and how this rabbit was scowling at me.

It then began tapping its foot on the table and kept scowling at me as if he was trying to say “Why the hell are you in my home?”

We kept awkwardly staring at each other for the next couple of minutes until eventually Fluttershy came trotting out of the room she went into with a tray of tea and teacups on her back.

“Sorry it took so long Zekeal,” Fluttershy said to me as she saw the rabbit on the table “Oh I see you met Angel I hope you had a nice little discussion when I was gone.”

A nice little discussion doesn’t even come close to what my experience with this rabbit really was. It felt more like we were about to duel each other.

The rabbit then hopped over to Fluttershy and pulled the tray off of Fluttershy’s back and placed it on the table. This rabbit has pretty amazing strength to be able to lift something weighing that much.

“Thank you Angel and if you could pour this nice creature some tea as well,” Fluttershy asked Angel.

Angel looked at her as if she was crazy or something while shaking his head.

“Oh please Angel do this for me I’ll promise you extra carrots for tonight,” Fluttershy tried to bribe him into doing it and amazingly it worked.

Angel picked up the tea kettle and poured it into one of the teacups and set it back down and looked at me with the same angry scowl while he tapped his foot on the table impatiently. So I quickly picked up the teacup and took a long sip from it. Almost instantly I began to feel my migraines slowly go away.

“Thanks Fluttershy and if I may I ask what you put in this tea,” I asked her after taking another sip.

Fluttershy then says “Oh just some medicinal herbs that help with headaches and other herbs that help relax the body.”

“Well I can confirm that the herbs are definitely working their magic on me,” I told her as I set down my cup “So what exactly do you do here in Ponyville Fluttershy? Are you like an animal caretaker?”

“Well yes I am Zekeal I have always loved taking care of animals ever since I was a little filly and it’s the reason I have my cutie mark,” she says while showing her cutie mark to me.

“Hmmm is that so? Well that would explain why you’re so kind to me,” I told her with a smile on my face.

“Y-yeah I just feel so bad for a creature who was in pain or any kind of distress that I just have to help them in some way, it has grown to be more of a maternal instinct for me now-in-days,” Fluttershy says to me “Even if I can be quite shy most of the time.”

“Well it suits you just fine, the maternal instincts I mean, it just shows you are a good individual,” I say to her trying to help boost her confidence.

“Thanks Zekeal that’s very nice of you, I wish I could say the same thing to you, but I don’t really know much about you,” Fluttershy says with a hint of happiness in her voice.

I chuckle under my breath and say “Well I am not really that much of a good individual like you Fluttershy, but thanks for the compliment either way.”

“But you seem like a nice guy Zekeal what could you have done that would not make you a good individual? I’m sorry if I sounded prying.” Fluttershy asks me curiously.

“No, I don’t mind you for prying for answers Fluttershy I am about the same at trying to find answers for I am a wizard,” I said as I make a gem appear in my hand.

“Wow so you can do magic Zekeal?” she said excitedly in a quiet voice.

“Yes Fluttershy I can do magic, but my magic is used more for… self-defense from where I’m from,” I told her.

“Oh so you use it to d-defend yourself from something that is trying to a-attack you?” Fluttershy asks me noticeably getting more worried.

“Yes, but I tried not to go looking for trouble back where I was from.” I told her reassuringly “Sorry if I started to make you scared.”

“No, no I understand it’s sort of the same way here especially inside the Everfree forest,” Fluttershy says to me.

“Oh by the way is the Everfree forest the forest right next to your home by chance?” I asked her with a curious glance.

“Yes actually it is Zekeal,” Fluttershy answers my question.

“Well can I ask you what goes on in the Everfree and how it ended up getting a name for it?” I asked her.

“Well the Everfree forest is in my opinion a very scary place due to the fact that most of the animals that roam inside there are usually very dangerous if provoked, but during the day I usually go into it to find herbs that I can use for some of my animal friends,” she began explaining “But the reason the forest has a name is mostly because it is such a mysterious and weird forest or in other words it is not like the area surrounding it.”

“So the Everfree forest is like the complete opposite of Equestria?” I asked her trying to find a short answer.

“Well sort of, it is still like Equestria just darker and more dangerous,” Fluttershy says to me.

“Hmmm is that so? Well I saw a path leading into the forest and was planning on taking it to explore the forest, would that be ok?” I asked Fluttershy.

“Wait you want to go exploring in the Everfree? By yourself? I don’t think that is such a good idea Zekeal, why don’t you stay here and have some more tea?” Fluttershy said to me worriedly.

“I appreciate your concern Fluttershy, but I really want to go exploring this forest.” I told her “Don’t worry I am an adult I can take care of myself.”

Fluttershy looked up at me worryingly and said with a sigh “Fine, but please be careful there has been something that has been scaring my animal friends since yesterday and from what I could gather it was coming from the forest. I just don’t want you to get hurt, because I couldn’t stop you from going.”

I then reached my hand over to her and gave her a pat on the head and said “Don’t worry Fluttershy, if I get hurt it’ll be my own fault not yours and thank you for the warning.”

I then got up from the couch and walked towards the door and grabbed the handle and pulled it. As I exited Fluttershy’s home I walked towards the forest and before I began to enter it I turned around and gave Fluttershy, who was now standing in the doorway, a short wave and said “Also if you see Twilight come by tell her I’m in the forest and that I’ll be back before lunch!”

She waved her hoof back at me and said “Sure I’ll do that be careful out there Zekeal.”

I gave one final nod and began walking on the forest path going deeper into the forest ahead.

“Step one completed.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
End of Chapter 7
















Hey everybody thanks for taking the time to reading my latest chapter of My Little Gemcraft. I am sorry about not updating the story in a while because due to the fact that I was gagged and bound to a chair by Zekeal and Pinkie Pie for the last three weeks. Luckily I got out in time to finish this chapter today.

Zekeal: That is bull-crap and you know it!

Pinkie Pie: Yeah! Take back what you said you big dumb meanie!

Chill you two my version of what happened over the last three weeks was better than telling the readers that my weekends have been busy and that I had a lot of work for classes during the week so I didn’t have much time on my hands to work on this chapter at least until today.

Zekeal: Well you are right about that especially with this whole “March Madness” that’s been going on that thing you call a television.

Exactly so keep quiet you two. But besides that I would like to say thank you for your patience for this chapter and I promise I’ll try to update as soon as possible. Also any feedback on this chapter is appreciated whether it be continuity errors, grammar errors, or anything of that sort go ahead and post them I’ll check into them. But with that said I guess it is time to sign off.

This has been Registered Anonymous,

Zekeal: And Zekeal.

Pinkie Pie: …….

…Uh Pinkie what’s up? You are supposed to say your name.

Pinkie Pie: Not until you say sorry to me about that lie you said about Zekeal and me binding you to a chair with a gag in your mouth.

*sigh* Fine Pinkie I am sorry and I Pinkie Pie promise to never do anything like that again.

Pinkie Pie: Apology accepted!

Anyway let us try this again.

This has been Registered Anonymous,

Zekeal: And Zekeal.

Pinkie: And Pinkie Pie!

Signing off check ya’ll later.