• Published 21st Jun 2013
  • 1,400 Views, 94 Comments

Luna's Boredom Cure - Broniesrponies2



Princess Luna is slipping back into her Pre-banishment ways due to boredom, when she suddenly stumbles on an idea that will change her life forever.

  • ...
2
 94
 1,400

The Beautiful Morning...

8:15 am…

Midnight’s head shot off of his pillow as a MASSIVE screeching sound filled his head. Not exactly what he’d had in mind when he cast the spell, but it would do. He hopped up off of the bed and set about with his waffle batter. He would have to have the waffles ready for when Octavia woke up. He checked around again, making sure everything was just right. Suddenly, it hit him like two tons of delicious bricks. No plates, no maple syrup, no knives, no forks. He just brushed the barricade aside, using magic to dull the noise and then sprinted through the newly opened door, slid between Luna’s front hooves and dashed off. He had to cross the palace, find plates and cutlery, maple syrup and get back in under 3.234246 minutes before preparing the waffles right as Octavia woke up.

His head swirled with calculations just as he entered the kitchen 4 seconds ahead of schedule. He grabbed the plates from a cupboard as a draw shot open, evicting two knives and forks. Finally, he opened the fridge, snatched up the maple syrup and dashed back through the still open kitchen door, did a front flip over Luna and sprinted around the corner, sidestepping Luna again as she teleported in front of him and slid between another Luna’s legs. He was slowing down, the repeated attempts of the princess… wait… oh shit.

He thought on the run and mentally slapped himself for not thinking with his brain. He skidded around a corner, dodging a Luna swipe and into another room, shutting the door behind himself with one hoof, teleporting himself to the room that he had hidden in with Octavia. He landed and cast a spell preventing teleportation on that floor, magic usage in the room (apart from his own magic) and blocked the window magically before sliding the barricade back in front of the door. His mental timer went off. He had made it back just in time.

8:30 am…

Octavia’s eyes fluttered open as she awoke from an incredible dream where she and midnight were having a beautiful candle lit dinner. Suddenly the smells of the food shifted to the smells of waffles. She looked down and her food was replaced with the most beautiful waffles ever imagined. Then she sat up, eyes open, a craving for waffles in her rumbling stomach. A plate was set down in front of her at the same instant as she opened her mouth.

They looked and smelled delicious. She looked up into Midnight’s eyes. He had done this for her, probably risking himself to Luna’s wrath just to get these for her. Slowly, her eyes shifted around the room as she heard some more sizzling. She stifled a laugh, realizing that he had brought the stove and probably all of the ingredients from the kitchens. Wondering when he managed to do that, she slowly picked up a piece of the waffle, silently noting the maple syrup and put it into her mouth.

It tasted AMAZING, and even better because it was Midnight who had cooked it for her. She cut another piece off, silent joy spreading a smile across her face. Swallowing, she reached up with her hooves, cradling Midnight’s face in them and slowly brought her lips to his. The kiss lasted for only ten seconds, but it was the perfect side dish to her waffle. She let Midnight pull away and looked him in the eyes. He looked a little surprised, but not unhappy. He seemed confused.

A knock on the window jerked the two of them apart. A VERY pissed off Luna was knocking on it gently. The expression on her face was reminiscent of a hellhound crossed with somepony that was very angry. It took all of Midnight’s self-control to keep his hooves locked in place. Slowly, he walked over to the stove, took his own waffle out of his “custom made” waffle iron, and put it on a plate. He picked the plate up, put the other knife and fork on it and walked to the window. He teleported the plate and cutlery outside. Luna took the plate and looked at the waffle. Slowly, she raised a forkful to her lips and slid it into her mouth.

The effect was magic. Her wings straightened instantly and she dropped like a stone. Midnight and Octavia rushed forwards standing on their rear hooves to see as far down as they could. They could see a small hole in the canopy of the royal gardens jungle area. They looked at each over and down again. Turning around, Octavia walked over to her waffle and picked it up. She walked to Midnight, took a piece of waffle up with her fork and carefully slipped it into his mouth. Midnight had looked at her quizzically while she had done this, but his eyes suddenly opened wide as he tasted his own creation.

He looked up at Octavia, realizing that words would not be enough to describe the moment. He swallowed and brought his hooves up to Octavia’s face, drawing him closer to her. They kissed again, a lasting one. It was a perfect moment. Suddenly, Luna burst through the wall, the window being magically blocked. She looked terrible, but happy. Her hair was in complete disarray and she was covered in a myriad of scratches. She looked rather like… something that there was no slimily for.

She walked forwards and hugged the VERY surprised looking Midnight. She pulled him close into a tight hug.

“That was amazing. Not only have I forgiven you, but I wish for you to become my official stallion lover.”
Midnight was lost. He just couldn’t fathom the change in his princess.

“Bu- bu- but…what? How could I? What?” He stammered.

“NO! I LOVE HIM! HOW COULD YOU HAVE HIM AFTER ALL YOU DID TO HIM?” Shouted Octavia, screaming into Luna’s face.

“Oh, I can have him. He was mine long before he met you.”

“But now he isn’t. I know what a stallion wants and needs. AND HE DOESN’T NEED YOU!”

“YES HE DOES. I TAUGHT HIM TO LOOSEN UP! I TAUGHT HIM MAGIC! HE IS MY PERSONAL GUARD!”

“YOU HAVE VINYL NOW! CELESTIA KNOWS THAT YOU TWO HAVE ENOUGH PENT UP SEXUAL TENSION BETWEEN YOU!”

“WHAT? ME AND VINYL? HOW COULD YOU EVEN THINK THAT? I AM NOT A LESBIAN!”

“I DON’T CARE! MIDNIGHT WILL BE MINE! I LOVE HIM!” Octavia shouted, pulling Midnight closer to her. “AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!”

“IS THAT A CHALLENGE?”

“YES. Yes it is.”

“Very well then.”

With that, both mares spat on their hooves and held them out, Octavia not letting Luna anywhere near Midnight.
Luna set a part of her mind to look at the game board, seeing both sets of pieces clashing in a myriad of different ways. Luna had his loyalty, but Octavia was taking his friendship, love and even his trust away from her. He even associated her in his mind to SAFETY AND LOVE. Luna realized that she was evidently losing. Slowly, she withdrew that part of herself and looked at the other two in the room.

“I expect to see you on the balcony this evening. For now, I must go to my chambers. Octavia, while I would prefer you to remain apart from him while he is on duty, I will not bar you from the balcony. I will likely see you both this evening. Good day.”

And with that parting shot at Octavia, she flew through the hole in the wall and to her bedroom where she surveyed the game board and prepared a strategy. It seemed obvious to her that this would be the greatest challenge of her life, and even then, she still might lose…

Author's Note:

The greatest of enemies find their weapons in politeness. These two will be EXTREMELY polite to each other from now on. It is interesting, What was originally just something to lengthen the first chapter to the minimum 1000 words has turned into the main plot of the story. I kind of like it though. I am planning for some fun. Apart from the originally stated drunken partying, I will add contests between Luna and Octavia in the next few chapters. Also, a couple of chapters will be devoted to a risk game with the four protagonists/two protagonists + two antagonists.

What's important is still if you enjoy it or not and if I enjoy it or not. I am enjoying it, and I hope you all do too. Any comments of what you want in the next few chapters may be used, especially if you actually post them. I really do want feedback, and I know that at least twenty people are this far in the fic and some eighteen people have favorited this story. I promise that you will enjoy it more if you have suggestions that are incorporated.

Lastly, It has been a pleasure entertaining you and happy reading.