• Published 9th May 2013
  • 3,599 Views, 93 Comments

Shot down - zAnk



F-15 Pilot is shot down during a dogfight

  • ...
11
 93
 3,599

Cleansed

Time: Unknown

"Where am I?" David asked as he looked around him, he couldn't see anything except for a cyan mist surrounding his feet.
He was in a black void, just like when he first arrived.

"Hello! Anyone there?" David yelled out hoping to hear a reply.

"I am here David." A female voice spoke from behind him.

David whipped around to spot the source of the voice, only to find Princess Luna sitting only a few feet away from him.

"Come, take a seat." Luna requested in a kind voice.

David walked towards her and sat down with his feet crossed.

"Princess Luna, I'm very pleased to see you but I must know, where am I?"

"Likewise David, you are in a coma. You have been in this condition for two weeks."

David's jaw dropped upon hearing this

'Two weeks...' David was in shock from how long he has been out.

"Yes, two weeks." Luna answered his thought.

"You can hear my thoughts?" David looked up to her in surprise.

Luna chuckled, "No David, I just knew you would think it."

"Okay, well... what happened? After I got hit by that shot of plasma from Chrysalis, all I can remember is some massive explosion, a few figures appearing above the tree line, and that's it." David asked, wanting to know how everything went down.

"Well David, first I want you to know that you and everyone are safe. You are currently being held in Ponyville's hospital with some professionals from Canterlot on changeling magic. Now, here is what happened after you black out..."

------------------------------------------------------
Field near Ponyville
----------------------------

"David!" Twilight yelled as she woke from her unconscious state.

Twilight had spotted the massive explosion that everyone knows as, the Sonic Rainboom.

'Rainbow Dash?' Twilight began to wonder as she rose to her hooves. That's when she spotted several changelings appear from above the treeline, on the opposite side she spotted trails of smoke and lightning appear zooming across the sky towards the changelings.

All ten changelings looked towards the objects just in time to get smacked out of the sky. As the objects came to a hover, Twilight was able to make out their uniforms. It was the Wonderbolts. The changelings recovered quickly before they hit the ground, only one crashed head first ending it's life. The nine changelings shot back up towards the three Wonderbolts, two split of towards one of them, the Wonderbolt completed a mid air back flip to dodge one of the changelings, while half way through the flip he brought his rear hooves out and successfully landed a hit on the second changelings neck, knocking him out. The other changeling came back in only to receive three swift punches to the chest and head, to finish him off, the Wonderbolt charged into it's stomach at full force emitting a loud crack.

Twilight looked away from what was going on in the sky and looked back towards where David lay, next to him was Princess Luna, her horn was glowing and the green plasma on his chest was slowly dissipating into a green mist. Not too far was Celestia, currently firing some kind of blue magic onto the other human, the green tint to his eyes slowly dissipated and his eyes were returning to normal, the whole time his body slowly calmed down from trying to resist. Only a few feet away, she spotted a cyan blur alongside five night guards chasing down Chrysalis as she flew off into the forest, after she was out of sight, they returned and the cyan pony shot off into the night sky while the five night guards returned to Luna as she picked David up with her magic and teleported, most likely to the hospital, while Celestia picked up the other human and teleported as well. Twilight looked back towards the Wonderbolts and saw them chasing three changelings towards the forest. Twilight decided to head to the hospital to see how David was doing.
---------------------------------------------------------------
David's dream
-----------------------
"So... a battle continued to rage on after I was knocked out from that plasma..." David asked

"Yes, after that there have been no major events except trying to keep you alive." Luna answered

"But... why? Why would you all fight so much to keep me alive when all I am is just an alien?"

Luna didn't answer. She looked at David with a proud look that told him that she knew something he didn't.

"All in due time David... all in due time." Luna spoke as her form began to fade

David watched her as she dissipated into a black and blue mist, he felt himself slowly begin to warp, he could feel something pulling him out of this dream world in which he currently resides.
-------------------------------------------------------
Ponyville hospital
------------------------
David slowly cracked his eyes open, he saw a lot of white.

"I didn't die did I?" David openly asked with a weak chuckle

*SMACK*

"AGH, son of a-" David yelled out but was cut off by something covering his mouth

"Asshole, you are not to die before me!" A male voice spoke in an irritated but relieved tone

David's eyes shot open wide as he recognized the voice, looking over to the source, he was extremely surprised at who he saw.

"Drake!?" David yelled out as he looked at his old friend

Drake smiled as he saw how excited David was

"Yep, it's me buddy."

David jumped forward in his bed and gave his friend a hug strong enough to crush a bear.

Pulling back, David asked Drake a question that popped into his head.

"Drake? How the FUCK did you survive that crash!? I saw your jet on fire along the coast!" David asked as he gave his friend as he gave him a serious stare good enough to scare death himself

"Heh, I was lucky enough to eject out, my radio had been destroyed so I wasn't able to contact you. After you disappeared we launched an attack on them only two days later, we destroyed their base, but something odd happened on the return. There was this extremely thick fog that came in, my wing was hit by a bolt of lightning, how it didn't do more damage than it did, I have no clue. As I was descending upon the ocean, I clipped a part of this Rainbow that caused some weird effect to absorb my jet, after it dissipated I crashed into some small weird close by to this town. Shortly after escaped the burning inferno, I was attacked by these weird black and green alien ponies or something. The big one shot me with some weird green laser, after that I don't remember much. I woke up to see Celestia, I remember you telling me about her from the show you used to watch, let's just say it took them five days to calm me down. I'm still in quite the amount of disbelief that we ended up in Equestria." Drake explained as best he could of what has happened.

"Ah yes, after convincing Celestia that I wasn't a threat to her, she told me that you were here as well. She assumed you and I were related since we are both humans and have the same hair color, heh heh. Well, she sent me here to Ponyville under the supervision of this pony named Twilight Sparkle. She introduced me to her friends, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and who else? Ah yes, Pinkie Pie. Pinkie threw me some, 'Welcome to Ponyville' party. Weird thing is, there is some weird green pony who keeps stalking me... anyway, after meeting everyone I was lucky enough to get a job here. My job is a new one that the Princess created for me, I work on aircraft. She showed me to the wrecks of both jets and let me salvage what I could. Rainbow Dash has been asking me tons of questions about them, funny thing is, she keeps asking me questions about you... ah yes, also the Princess had also done some weird memory spell on me to view my life thus far, let's just say, they are creating electronics now because of the knowledge she got from me, she was able to use my memories, to hook into others from our world. She knows more about our world now than I ever did, she learned about my love for T.Vs and such and some how, I don't know how, she created copies of our movies, games, electronics and such with some weird formation spell. She said she would only do this once for both you and I because... she said there was something special about us two, I don't know... but ya, that's what has happened so far."

David just stared at Drake with several emotions showing, he asked the main question that came to mind though.

"Rainbow Dash was asking you questions about me? I haven't seen her once so far, why did she meet you but avoid me?" David asked with a worried looking, he was worried she didn't like him, even though she was his favorite of the mane six, so thanks to that thought, he was even more worried now.

"You know, I didn't give it much thought... I don't kn-" Drake was cut off as a nurse trotted into the room, she was white with a pink mane, she had a red cross as her cutie mark and wore her mane in a bun with a small white cap on her head.

"Sorry Drake, visiting hours are over, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave for now." She explained to Drake with a warm smile

"It's alright Redheart, alright David... I'll see you tomorrow." And with that Drake stood up and waved to David as he walked out the door.

David looked over to the nurse as she trotted up next to him

"Hello David, I'm nurse Redheart. I came in to check up on you, it's good to see you're awake, after being out cold for two weeks. Now then, you were hit by a plasma spell by Queen Chrysalis, Princess Luna was able to cleanse anything she put on you, you had a broken rib which was fixed with magic, you were lucky it didn't pierce on organs. It was also thanks to your friend Drake, that Princess Celestia was able to get all the medical knowledge of your kind so we could fix everything. Alright, you need your rest, that was a coma you were in, not real sleep so your body needs rest, if you remain in good condition, then we should be able to get you out of the hospital within a week."

David practically jumped with joy are hearing about how soon he could get out of the hospital. That was when he also realized that Nurse Redheart was right, he was very tired.

"Ya, I suppose I'm tired heh." David spoke tiredly

With a smile, Nurse redheart nodded to David and trotted out of the room, she brought in some food before David fell asleep and let him eat, after consuming his rather bland meal, he fell asleep, but not without thinking of something that was nagging at his mind now.

'Why is Rainbow Dash avoiding me?' With that, David drifted off, into the world of slumber.

Comments ( 8 )

2698851 Remember how he still has his watch? Some include the date.

2778692 Heh heh, didn't notice that. Thanks.

she created copies of our movies, games, electronics and such with some weird formation spell

...really, must you? This story was looking so novel, and "human entertainment in Equestria" is a major cliche I'd hoped it would avoid.

4159272 replying to comment three months old? Son I am disappoint :ajbemused: but I may have been referring to "blue angel" although at this point I don't even remember:twilightblush:

When will the next ch b out

Login or register to comment