• Published 9th May 2013
  • 3,599 Views, 93 Comments

Shot down - zAnk



F-15 Pilot is shot down during a dogfight

  • ...
11
 93
 3,599

Being followed

January 4th, 2018 - 8:00 AM

"Good luck, ya... I'll probably need it." David groaned as he awoke.

Opening his eyes, he finds out he was left laying down on a dirt trail.

"That's nice, the least they could've done was leave me sitting against a tree." He spoke with a sarcastic tone.

Alright, where is the bag of supplies they spoke of?"

He stood up and began taking in the surrounding area, now that the sun was out it was much easier to see. He was on a dirt trail surrounded by trees, the leaves had just began sprouting. There was a chill in the air along with the fresh scent, there were birds chirping off in the distance and squirrels were climbing the trees. David decided to take a look at his watch to figure out just what time it was.

"Okay, it's 8:05. If Ponyville is just a mile away it should only take me a few minutes to get there if I jog. Ah, there's the bag."

David spotted the bag on the side of the trail hanging on the branch, it looks as though they took his medical bag and added the extra supplies to it.

"Alright now that I got the bag, I should probably find my way to Ponyville. I swear I feel like something is watching me... it's probably nothing." David noted while looking around.

David decided to get a move on towards Ponyville that was only a short distance away. After jogging for a few minutes he arrived at the entrance to the town, the entrance of the town is a small bridge with a purple tint crossing over a canal of water passing around the outskirts of the town. The buildings all have a medieval design to them, the roof tops seem to be made of hay while the walls seem to be made of wood and other materials, the walls are painted white the windows all have different designs to them, some are pink and some are blue.

"So, this is Ponyville? It's certainly bigger than I thought. I wonder wha-"

*Rustle* *Rustle*

David was cut off by rustling in the bushes nearby, which also startled him since he was in thought. After settling himself he decides to investigate. Taking a few steps forward he begins to hear even more movement from the bush, he begins to reach out towards the bush but is stopped by a voice behind him.

"Hey, uh, what are you?"

Turning around David sets his eyes on what looks like a small purple and green lizard, but quickly recognizes him as Spike the baby dragon.

'It would probably be better if I act like I've never seen him before...' David begins thinking in his head to avoid suspicion.
"Oh ya, well I'm what you call a human. My name is David, what's your name?"

David and Spike suddenly hear the bushes behind them move but then hear something run off like death itself is chasing it.

"Um, what ever that was, anyway my name is Spike. I'm a dragon, weird I've never heard of a human before, I wonder if Twilight knows anything..." Spike trails off in thought, nearly mumbling the last few words while placing his claw to his chin in thought.

"Um, well I'm new around here... I was hoping to find a place to stay, do you know of an inn or anything of the sort?"

"Oh ya, sorry about that... I think Twilight can help you, I can show you where she is."

"Ah sure if it's no problem. I do believe she is the librarian here, correct?"

"Uh ya, surprising you know that since you're not from here..."

"Oh well ya, she is uh... anyway, which way is it?" David said hoping to avoid the subject

"Okay then, well um, follow me." Spike finished motioning for David to follow him.

'I wonder why Spike was out here by himself... weird' David began wondering as to why the baby dragon was out and about.

----------------------------------------------------------
=========================
Bad Land Territory - The Hive
=========================
(9:00 AM - Same day)

"Damn that foul being!"

Chrysalis slams the ground with her hoof in rage

"How could I have been so easily defeated, and what was that weapon of fire it carried... it couldn't have been of magic, I did not sense any presence of magic within it. Minion, come!"

One of Chrysalis' minions landed in front of her, curious as to why it's queen has summoned it.

"I want you to study this new creature. Find out what you can about it then report to me your findings."

The minion bowed to it's queen before setting off on it's mission.

"Now then, lets see what we can find out about you." Chrysalis finished with a wicked smile.

-----------------------------------------------------------
==============
Back in Ponyville
==============

"Alright, here we are. The library." Spike began as he finished leading David around the town.

"Thanks Spike, listen, since you lead me to the library , let me know if you need help with anything and I'll do what I can, alright?"

"Uh sure, thanks." Spike said with a smile forming on his face.

"No problem." David finished as he was reaching for the door handle.

*BOOM*

Spike and David share a glance of confusion then open the door to the library. They come upon a scene of Chaos, books are scattered about, the table is flipped, ink is on the wall and there is a massive scorch mark on the wall. Spike spots Twilight buried in a pile of books.

"Twilight! What happened here!?" Spike exclaimed in a slight panic but also with a tone making it sound like this happens all the time.

"Uuugh, I'm fine Spike, just a failed potion mixture..." Twilight explains, obviously in pain from the blast.

David runs over to the pile of books and starts setting some aside to dig Twilight out. After moving a few books he spots the top of Twilight's head, her purple mane with pink stripe going across, her mane is an absolute mess from the explosion.

"Ah, thanks Spik- AHHH!" Twilight panics as soon as she looked at David.

"AHHH!" David jumped back, surprised by Twilight's sudden reaction.

"Oh I'm so sorry, you just surprised me is all, I imagine you're David?"

Although David is very surprised with how Twilight instantly switched from panic to calm, he is more curious as to how Twilight knows his name.

"Uhhh, ya... I'm David... how do you know my name?"

"Oh, the Princess sent me a letter earlier letting me know that a strange being that walks on two legs would be arriving today, she wanted me to alert the citizens so there would be no panic at the sudden appearance of some strange new creature. I must say, you are an interesting being."

'Huh, like I haven't heard that enough already." David thought with slight sarcasm.

"Ya, I've been getting that a lot. Anyway are you sure you're alright? It looks like that explosion caused some damage."

"Oh yes, I'm fine. This isn't the first time it happened." She said nodding at Spike.

"Yes, this has happened quite a bit in the past." Spike spoke with slight irritation.

"Anyway, I do believe you will be needing a place to stay, I have a spare room just over there." Twilight gestured towards a door on the opposite side of the room.

"Oh that's alright, I couldn't. I came by to ask if you knew about any Inn's near by I could stay at, I mean no offense, I appreciate the offer really, but I cannot accept. I just can't mooch off of anyone." David started trying to avoid having to stay with Twilight, he knew that she generally had enough issues to deal with.

"No I insist, if you really feel that way about mooching off of me, then you can pay me back by letting me do some research on you. I'm very interested in your species, I'm mean, just look at those limbs!" Twilight started getting excited and trailing off while gesturing towards David's arms and legs, including his hands and fingers.

"Okay okay okay, I agree but that still doesn't fix the fact that I feel like I'm just living off of you." David stated trying his best to avoid any tests Twilight may attempt on him while rambling on.

"Excellent! Your room is right over there, go ahead and get comfortable while Spike and I clean up in here." Twilight exclaimed with excitement.

David nodded with a smile in appreciation, helping Twilight out of the pile of books. As Twilight escaped her prison of books, David took notice of he wings, bringing back the memory of season three when she became an Alicorn. After helping her out of the pile, he began his march towards his soon-to-be-room.

After entering his room, he let out a sigh in relief that he had somewhere to stay for the night.

'I nearly forgot she became an Alicorn... I wonder why she is still in the library, better not think about it.' With this thought, David noticed an object viewing him from his window towards the right, as soon as he dared a glance, the object sped off with incredible speed.

"Okay! That confirms it, SOMEONE is following me!" David yelled out in irritation, but keeping it low enough to not disturb Twilight and Spike.

Walking over to his window, he opened it to see who could've been watching him. While looking out his window, he noticed it was too high for an earth pony or unicorn so it had to be something that could fly.

'Damn, who would be so interested in me, that they would be stalking me?'

After returning his focus to his room he took note of what was in the proximity. A bed in the left side of the room from the door with the length of it against the wall in the corner of the room, large enough for two ponies but just the right size for one human length wise but a little large with width, a dresser sitting next to the window that is just as tall as him and a coffee table with a lamp on it beside the bed.

Opening the dresser he took note that the left door opened up to a bunch of slots for storing smaller objects such as jewellery and the like. The right side for clothes with a few hangers hanging on a bar going across the width of the dresser.

David chose to set his medical bag on the right side, taking out his bits he set them into one of the jewellery boxes. While doing this, he realized just how long it been since he last ate, thanks to his stomach reminding him. With this he opened his bag and grabbed the two apples, consuming both within a few minutes. Once he was finished he took another look around the room, surely enough, there is a small trash bin under the coffee table. Tossing the apple cores away, he figured by now Twilight would probably be finished with cleaning or be near done with it, so he chose to head out and see if she would like to talk.

"Hey Twilight, you need any help?" David asked as he walked out of his room

"No, Spike and I got everything cleaned." Twilight responded

Taking a look around the room, to David's amazement, everything is clean. The ink spill is gone, the books are back on the shelves, and the scorch is gone, Twilight was even able to fix her mane with how messed it was.

"Wow, that's amazing. I suppose I should've expected as much since you control magic."

"Alright, well I would love to begin studying you if you don't mind." Twilight said as she grabbed a quill and scroll with her magic.

'I can already tell this is gonna be awhile' David thought out while whimpering in his head.

"Alright, lets begin!" David exclaimed with fake excitement.

"Excellent!" Twilight said as Spike walked up the stairs to take a nap.

Author's Note:

Chapter Five will be out tomorrow.