• Published 9th May 2013
  • 3,599 Views, 93 Comments

Shot down - zAnk



F-15 Pilot is shot down during a dogfight

  • ...
11
 93
 3,599

Awaken

January 3rd, 2018 - 1:34 AM

As David woke, all he could feel was pain; a very painful headache.

He tried to adjust himself in his seat but soon felt a sharp pain in his gut, he looked down only to spot a piece of metal sticking out of he abs, he flinched realizing he had a piece of metal in him, before he grabbed it he remembered to never pull these things out unless you had a way to treat it soon. So David left it temporarily, he grabbed the release latch for the cockpit window but the handle was jammed just like the eject handle. Realizing he was trapped, he let out a deep sigh, then reached for his boot and grabbed his knife, lucky enough for him, he hadn't had the time to change into his flight suit when the attack had begun, so he was still in his basic military outfit, black boots with green camo pants, white plain shirt and a button up green camo shirt on top with the sleeves rolled up. He always kept a knife in his boot just in case, and it paid off.

He reached the knife up and cut his seat belt off since the release button got jammed during the crash.

'Ugh, everything is jammed! At least I'm alive.' David blurted out in his head due to irritation.

After slicing the seat belt, he reached behind his seat and grabbed a red and green medical backpack, along with a handgun and combat helmet with a mask included just in case there was gas in the area.

David chose to check how many bullets he had before continuing.

'Joy, 12 bullets...' David thought with a sarcastic tone.

Pointing the gun at the window, David fired three times in a triangle, then slouched back and lifted his boot to the window, he took off his flight helmet and put the combat one on to protect himself from the glass and anything waiting for him outside, he kicked between the bullet holes two times and shattered the glass.

'"Alright, let's get out of this piece of rubble."

After climbing out, David leaned against the crashed piece of metal, taking in the scenery so he could figure out where he was.

'I don't remember there being any forests nearby the Air Base?' David thought to himself in confusion.

Although it was night, he could still see enough of the surrounding area thanks to the full moon and clear sky. The storm had passed while David was knocked out.

"Alright, lets deal with this piece of metal." David said with a hint of fear in his voice due to how painful he knew this would be.

He took off the backpack and set it beside him, grabbing the metal, he pulled on it as much as he could, successfully ripping it out. He held in a shriek of pain and gritted his teeth only letting out a small grunt. He tossed the metal aside and opened the backpack, after grabbing some pain killers and medical supplies he cleaned and covered the wound as best he could. Putting loose supplies back, he picked up the backpack and settled it on his back once more.

"Damn that hurt!" He said with slight irritation.

After resting for a few more minutes, he leaned off of the rubble and looked around, decided to just walk forward and see if he could find a town or anything. He was stopped after a few steps by the sound of movement behind him. He spun around only to spot a creature of black and green.

"What the hell are you!?" He managed to spit out in disgust

Suddenly the creature speaks with a female yet twisted voice

"Me? Oh I'm just simply the queen of the changelings you fool!" She spat out in reply

"What the fu-, wait... changeling?" He realized who he was talking to, but couldn't believe it.

"No, it can't be... I'm dreaming!" David said in shock and disbelief.

"Oh no, you are very much awake, but not for long~..." Chrysalis said with a smirk

[Music](Right click open new tab)

David spots 5 changelings land beside her, only to begin creeping in a stance to pounce.

Realizing that he had to react soon or meet a painful death, David lifting his gun up from beside him and pulled the trigger twice, missing the first time but luckily the second bullet lands a hit in one of the changelings head, letting out a trail of green blood as it got knocked over onto it's back.

"What is that thing!?" Chrysalis hisses

Once David noticed the fear in their eyes, he began marching forward with the gun in two hands, opening fire.
He scored a headshot on the next changeling again leaving a trail of green blood. One of the changelings jumped forward
after David, as he noticed it he spun around while lifting his right leg and met the changeling's head with the back of his boot knocking the changeling to the ground. The force of the kick left it unconscious, lifting his handgun back up he pulled the trigger and and left a hole in the chest of the fourth changeling. As the last changeling charged him, he lifted his boot and smashed the changelings head into the ground snapping it's neck. He then turned around and shot the unconscious changeling in the head to make sure it wouldn't get back up. Marching up to Chrysalis last as she stood there in shock from what just happened, he lifted his gun to her head, shockingly enough she was eye level with him so it was easy to stare he in the eyes.

"Go, before I add another corpse to the area" David said having some mercy on her, although he was still in disbelief that he had his gun pointed right at the changeling queens head.

"Behind you~" She said with a devilish smirk

David spun around as fast as he could to try and stop what ever was behind him but was too late, as he began to turn he was met with a blunt pain to his right cheek knocking him to the ground and shattering one of the lenses on his mask, lucky for him, the helmet took most of the hit.

As soon as David recovered he rolled onto his back to try and grab his gun but Chrysalis stepped on top of him and pinned his arms to the ground.

"Yes~" Chrysalis said with a disgusting tone.

She began leaning forward while revealing her teeth, as she got close to his neck, he took the chance and lifted his boot to her waist, kicking with all his force.

"GAH!" She yelled and grunted

She moved one of her hooves to her gut, releasing his right arm, he used his right hand to grab her horn and shatter it in two, then he landed an uppercut to her jaw knocking her off of him. He stood up as quickly as he could, grabbing his handgun as he stood up. Once he was up he took aim only to see three changelings flying off carrying Chrysalis, deciding to spare them he chose not to shoot.

As soon as they were out of sight, he dropped to the ground on his knees letting out a sigh, then beginning to chuckle.

"I can't believe I just tore her horn off, I thought they were stronger than that." David said softly as he was tired from what just happened.

He soon remembers what resulted in him crashing here.

"Damn it Drake..." He says as he closed his eyes.

Suddenly before he could react, he heard a whistling sound and spotted something small and blue.

"Ah shi-" He was cut short but a sudden sting in his chest and blacked out.