• Published 8th Feb 2012
  • 11,129 Views, 944 Comments

Equestria: A Flux Tale - Star Sage



A Tiny Human lands in Equestria. Why? What? Who? Questions to be answered, and a quest to be found.

  • ...
47
 944
 11,129

PreviousChapters Next
Out and About

After some slight hesitation, Octavia shakes her head, tries to smile, and the three of you head into Ponyville. The place is just as active this morning as yesterday, with the variou colts, stallions, fillies, and mares going about their own business. You still get a few looks of course, but from some of them, you can tell they think you're some kind of parasite that Octavia has, and you smirk at the image of yourself leeching off her. Not that you aren't doing that, mind, considering you have no actual way to earn your keep at the moment. Still, maybe the Professor can think of some way to use your own magical powers. If nothing else, you think you could make some quick bits off that hangover cure spell in some of the less traveled parts of Equestria.

Soon enough, the three of you are standing outside Carousel Boutique, and inside, you can hear two voices, raised. Neither sounds particularly happy, and the three of you exchange looks, all of you obviously considering doing something besides going inside, but after a second or two of thought, your decision is made for you, as the door bursts open, and suddenly you and Octavia are sent flying. Well, Octavia is sent sprawling, but you are sent flying. Luckily, Deasly has fairly good horn to eye coordination, and within seconds of you flying upwards, he grabs you with his magic, and brings you back down to sit on his back, as he dances away from the tangled mess that was Octavia, and two other, smaller forms.

"You take that back, Applebloom!" shouted a familiar orange pegasus girl, who was struggling with the yellow earth pony that was Applejack's sister.

"I won't! Spitfire is a better flier than Rainbow Dash! After all, she's a Wonderbolt, now isn't she?" countered the earth filly, and got a swift hoof to the face for her troubles. Luckily, the ponies seem to be rather toughly built, as all that seems to do is make her mad, and soon, the two are literally moving down the street in a gray dust cloud.

"Girls! Wait!" shouts a white unicorn filly, who follows her friends down the street, trying to use her magic to break up the fight, to little avail.

"Ah, it does the heart good to watch the younger generation at play," says Vinyl as she steps out behind the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and sees Octavia, her eyes unfocused, and sprawled out on the ground.

"And look they involved an elder in their discussion, what maturity for their age," she says, as Rarity comes up beside her, and then gasps to see Octavia laying in the dirt in front of her store, quickly using her telekinesis to help her to her hooves.

"Really, Vinyl, you can be such a brute sometimes. To think you encouraged those two. Now help me welcome our guests. Go get those snacks from the kitchen we were going to give the girls. Something tells me they won't be back any time soon," Rarity instructs, and looking off at the trio as they vanish over the horizon, you can't argue with her, as she assists Octavia inside, and Deasly follows behind, while Vinyl trots off towards the kitchen. Soon you're all sitting at a small table in the Boutique's front, with a tray between you with finger....hoof foods, and a few drinks.

"I apologize for my sister and her friends, Ms. Octavia. Their discussions, especially those involving Rainbow Dash, can get rather heated," said Rarity, as she pushed a glass of some kind of juice in front of Octavia, who gratefully took it, and nodded.

"It's quite alright. I'm sure Vinyl was the source of this particular heat," she says, staring at the pop pony as she sips at her juice.

"Why Octavia, I'm shocked at you. When have you ever known me to encourage discord rather than harmony in those of the younger generation," says Vinyl, trying to look appalled and innocent of any wrong doing. Not that the effect works on Octavia or Rarity, or you and Deasly for that matter, as Deasly knows her from the Vinyl Scratch radio show, and you'd gotten to see Octavia and Vinyl when they thought they were alone. All of you give her deadpan looks, before Rarity tries to shake the conversation away from such topics, and towards the previous night's events.

"When we went over to retrieve you for the evening, Ms. Octavia, we found Mr. DawnChaser and Apple were busy getting the five of you upstairs. The good Professor said there'd been a bit of an issue with his assistant and our little human friend," she said, motioning towards the two of you, as you were currently avoiding getting anywhere near food or drink, and so were still seated on Deasly's back.

"Well, yes. We'd been dipping into Ms. Applejack's stores of wine, and we'd gone a bit too far," she admitted.

"Meaning you got tanked and gulped down our new friends," supplied Vinyl helpfully, earning her a harsh look from Rarity, though it only made Octavia sigh.

"Yes...I'm really sorry about that, both of you," she said, turning to you, and you and Deasly both quickly shook your heads.

"It turned out okay, so don't even waste another thought on it," you told her, and she smiled at you.

"Besides, it's not like we were in any real danger," says Deasly, and you turn to him. Having been inside a stomach, twice, you kind of think that there might have been real danger in being inside Octavia's belly, had not the Professor and Big Macintosh come around.

"What, you mean you could have gotten the two of you out, like Twilight does?" asked Rarity, obviously curious.

"Oh, no, I don't know the teleport spell, it's...well, it's really complex. No, what I mean is my shrink spell, it makes us immune to things like that. Heck, I've been cooked, step on, eaten, sprayed with bug spray, and a dozen other things at tiny size, and nothing happened. It's some kind of protection my spell causes. The Professor's version, and even Celestia's doesn't do it," he explains, and you feel magic cover you again, he shrinks himself down a second later, and then adds you into the mix, soon the two of you are standing bug sized, on the floor of Rarity's shop, which you stride his back like he was your steed.

"Go ahead, try something," he says, and again, despite your small size, his voice sounds normal, as the three ponies look at each other.

Before you can offer any objection to what is going to happen, a blue glow covers the two of you, and you are flying, right onto one of the snacks in front of Vinyl. Unlike last time, two days ago now, the treat wasn't fancy or anything. In fact, it was actually rather simple, being just a cookie with some icing on it. Not that that didn't make sense. The treats from the other day had been for a client, someone of a social level that was refined. These were, as Rarity had stated earlier, just snacks for the Cutie Mark Crusaders, so they didn't have to be just right. They were still sticky, like the donut yesterday, and you made a grossed out face, at least until it turned into a bit of an eep, as Vinyl levitated the cookie up to her mouth, opened wide, and it zipped right in.

"Mmm, ghof ooie" said Vinyl around her mouthful as she chewed, her teeth crunching over the cookie, and her tongue molding and moving it about, mixing saliva with hard dough to soften it, and make it slicker. Octavia, across the table, stared aghast at Vinyl as she casually chewed her mouthful, before getting an angry look on her face.

"Vinyl! How could you?! Spit them out right now, before you hurt them," she demanded, and Vinyl, in answer, paused for a moment, before suddenly tilting her head back, and swallowing.

"Sorry, Tavi, what was that?" she asks innocently, and Octavia's jaw just sort of drops, while Rarity, staring for only a moment herself, starts to clean the dishes off the table, figuring there wouldn't be any further snacking for the moment. Noticing her as she did this, Octavia turned to Rarity, and just gaped, mouthing something akin to 'how could you let her do that?'

"Oh, Ms. Octavia, you really should lighten up, especially if you're going to be staying in Ponyville for a while. Twilight has us do some strange things all the time, as part of her magical experiments. I'm sure those two are just fine, given how confident that young stallion was," Rarity chides, before walking into the kitchen, leaving Vinyl and Octavia alone, with the two staring at each other, Vinyl smirking in a smug kind of way, and Octavia picking her jaw up off the floor, and looking rather miffed by the whole thing.

Inside Vinyl, the trip was, once you figured out you really were nearly invulnerable, rather fun. The maw of the pop pony closed around you with a clack, and you and Deasly went flying in different directions as the tongue beneath you undulated like a living wave, pushing you between Vinyl's flat teeth, which you landed on roughly. Looking up in the dim light you saw the second set coming down, and tried to cover your face with your arms, only to feel the pressure of it all over your body as the two pairs of molars met, the sharp raised edges biting into your skin, while the flat parts presses you in between them, grinding you hard as the jaw moves with a chewing motion, and then releasing you suddenly, allowing you to snap back to normal.

Oddly, you feel no pain through the entire process. In fact, it actually feels kinda good, like getting rubbed all over, or having an itch scratched. Of course, the rough way it drops you off is kind of annoying, as you roll off the tooth, and land with a splat on the tongue, which reacts as a tongue does, by pushing you around, slamming you into the teeth and rubbing you against them, as saliva continues to flow and ebb about you, coating your body. You catch sight, on the opposite side of Vinyl's mouth, of Deasly, who really seems to be enjoying himself as Vinyl continues to chew, until everything suddenly stop, and you and he are left still for a moment. At first, you think Vinyl was going to spit you out, and wait for that to happen, laying on the side of her tongue, but just as suddenly as it stopped, everything was in motion again, and the tongue beneath you flattened out, even as the world tilted back, and you, Deasly, and the remains of the cookie slid off the back of Vinyl's tongue, and down into her throat.

The ride is different than before, mostly because, instead of being crammed against the wall, or inside a bubble of liquid, you are jammed in the middle of the cookie remains, the gooey, slippery stuff coating your body almost as much as the saliva as the now familiar, which is slightly depressing when you think about it, feeling of slipping down a throat comes over you. You are constantly moving, stopping, starting, and being passed down, as the walls undulate and move about you, one group of muscles passing you on to the next, before finally you arrive at Vinyl's belly, being tossed out into her stomach by the force of the last push out of her throat, and splashing into the stomach juices with a splash that would have gotten you a negative score at the Olympics. When you get back to the surface, you take a deep gulp of the air, and then gag a little at it, which makes a laugh come from nearby, as you find Deasly floating along, obviously enjoying the sight of you.

"What's so funny?! It stinks in here!" you complain, swimming next to him, which is hard to do, as the stomach has apparently been churning for a while. Whatever it was Vinyl had for breakfast was already mixed pretty well, as it was pretty much just liquid at this point.

"Then why are you still breathing?" he asks, sounding like he was trying to be helpful, though that tone only makes you wish you could throttle him.

"Because I like living, which usually involves not getting eaten," you tell him.

"Well, while under the effect of my spell, you don't have to do the whole breathing thing. I haven't been, after all," he explains, and you notice, for the first time, that he isn't breathing in, except to speak. Otherwise he's just floating there, letting the liquid crash and move around him. Focusing, you try to do the same thing yourself, breathing out everything in your lungs and floating there. For a moment or two it feels uncomfortable, as you're used to breathing, but when the moment passes, you feel no difference between what you normally do and now, no burning lungs, no aching chest, or anything, just a sort of peace inside, like everything in your body was frozen at the moment when Deasly shrank you. Continuing to float there, you turn to him, to find Deasly smiling at you in that annoying, 'I told you so' way that makes your desire to throttle him return.

"Okay, smarty pants, now how do we get out of here?" you demand to know, and that wipes that smug little grin off his face, of course, any feeling of joy at that fact is quickly reversed as you realize it means you have no way out.

"Usually I just wait for the Professor to find me. It's not like no one knows we're in here, and he placed a location rune on me a long time ago, to make it easy to find me in a pinch. Otherwise, we just take a ride," he says, motioning towards the back of Vinyl's stomach, where you can already see a small whirlpool forming in the liquid. That way doesn't seem rather pleasant, or clean/sanitary for that matter. Luckily, before you can get sucked down inside it, you feel another familiar sensation, of the world filling with magic, and your body fading away, becoming something like the magic, and then moving outward. The teleport spell soon drops you outside Vinyl's stomach, to stare upward at several faces, one of which belongs to the spell caster, Twilight Sparkle

You land, with a rather wet splat, on the floor of Rarity's Boutique, your clothing torn a bit, and covered with gunk. Interestingly enough, your skin didn't have a thing on it, and the clothing was just kind of soaking with stuff, rather than it actually being on it, meaning it absorbed the stuff like a sponge. That said something about teleportation as a cleaning method, but for the moment, it also meant you were feeling rather dirty, while right next to you, Deasly was just shaking himself a bit, getting his hair back to the look that he liked, as the teleport had caused it to frazzle for reasons you don't understand. Above you, the girls were looking down, Octavia with a concerned look, though one of relief once you started to move around, while Rarity seemed a bit put off by the condition of your clothes, Vinyl just smirked, and Twilight was looking at you like the two of you were crazy.

"Okay, I got the quick version a second ago, but I want to hear it straight from the horse's mouth, what in the hay do you think you two were doing?" she asked, and Deasly laughed, walking over to you, and with an expression that told you he was concentrating, he undid the spell, returning both you and he to normal size in a flash. Well, he returned to pony size, you returned to mouse size, now sitting on his back.

"I was merely demonstrating the effects of my spell on us. I included our human friend in it, just to show it wasn't just me that's affected by it. I picked him since...well since it wouldn't be the first time he got eaten," he said simply, and then recoiled a bit as Twilight gave him an evil look, something like a cross between a disapproving teacher and a psycho, before smiling and backing away.

"I suppose I've involved my friends in stranger magic spells. Still, it would be best if you asked myself or the Professor to observe such things in the future," she said, rather pleasantly, and Deasly's face got the look of a student who had been told this lecture more than a few time, or one who's had to give this lecture, considering the Professor's attitude earlier.

"I will try. Anyhow, since you're here, does that mean the Professor is as well?" he asks, looking around for his mentor, but not seeing him anywhere as the five ponies walk back towards the table, only for Rarity to take another look at you, and beg off to go get something from the Boutique real quick.

"No, he decided to stay at Sweet Apple Acres for a while, both to help with the applebucking, and because he and Big Macintosh have decided to have a drinking contest, apparently," she explained, and then rubbed her head a bit, obviously remembering last night, and more importantly, this morning. You, Deasly, and Octavia, having had similar experiences, join her in it, while Vinyl just smirks at you.

"Knowing the Professor, they could be there all day, which I honestly don't mind. It allows me to take a tour of Ponyville. I haven't left Manehatten in years, expect to go on some insane research thing with the Professor. You should hear some of the things we've gotten into, I remember this one time..." he starts off, and launches into tales that are a bit too long winded for your taste, but still, he tells them well.

Things like fighting a dragon, mostly him watching while DawnChaser grows, or that time they'd infiltrated a griffon nest at mouse size, and gotten gulped down, twice, since trying to sneak out, they got caught and gulped again. He even said they'd spent a whole week on some mare back in Manehatten at flea size, for some anthropological studies. Mind, she knew they were observing her, if not how, but some of the things he'd seen were....well, interesting.

"Fin~ish~ed," comes Rarity's voice in sing song tones, as she comes back into the room, a case hovering behind her, and she sets it down beside Deasly, before popping it open, and revealing a whole wardrobe full of clothing for you.

"I had made you only the dress outfit and two copies of your original outfit, but since you've already gone through both of those copies, I decided to make a few extras. Now, let's get you out of that one, and we can throw it in the garbage with the outfit you had on when we were at Sweet Apple Acres last night," she explained, and suddenly you were covered in light again, before standing completely naked on Deasly's back. This was...well, not nearly as uncomfortable as it was before. For one thing, it was a smaller group, and for another, you were starting to get used to being around the ponies, none of which wore anything most of the time.

"Hmm, now, do you think we should put you in the beige suit, or perhaps the purple one, though of course, I'm partial to the white ensemble," she began, and you watched as she drew out each outfit in turn, holding them up next to you, before discarding each one in turn, and finally picking out one that she felt was perfect for you, a sports jersey like thing with an odd symbol on it, and some shorts, plain, but with an off white color, not quite khaki, but close.

PreviousChapters Next