• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 1,035 Views, 29 Comments

Maybe it can... - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 26-27 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
5
 29
 1,035

Chapter 4

Chapter 9 – A long day please end

It took you a little while to clean yourself off and even though your nose was not bleeding everything you ate seemed to just tasted like blood, which made Twilight's idea that food would bring a memory back go completely out the window. You smile to yourself as you look out the window behind where you sit,...that's redundant... You rub your hoof over your face as you feel you’re tired eyes starting to win the battle you have fought for the last few hours.

"...Twilight, should I go to Rarity's?"

You turn your head to the conversation Twilight and Spike are having in a hushed voice in the other room.

"...He might remember something if he sleeps in the same bed..."

"...But he is all loopy right now, how do you even know he will?"

You're unable to hear their voice anymore as you start to think, where do I sleep tonight?

Your thought is put on hold as you her Twilight's hooves behind you, "Um...are you tired?"

You blink at the lavender mare for a moment before you shake your head slowly. You can tell by the way she's acting that she is holding herself back from something.

"Well, uh... we only have the two beds and I was just wondering what you would feel more comfortable in?" She gives a sheepish smile as she looks away for a moment.

You think over the way she’s talk, we have a kid...so that means...you know that its going to be weird to sleep next to a mare you can't all too well remember...but you can't bring yourself to voice that as you talk, "I'll sleep where I usually sleep." You bring yourself to a smile as you repeat her words you over heard, "...It might be good to sleep in the same bed."

She nods her head as she talks in a low voice, "um...are you going to sleep now?"

You nod your head.

"I'll take you to your room." You follow behind her as you leave the room.

"Hey, Do I have to do the dishes again?"

Spikes comment brings a smile to your face as Twilight turns around, "Um, its the first door on the right. Excuses me."

Twilight quickly moves past you almost a little annoyed at Spikes comment.

You chuckle a little as you walk up the stairs, ok first door on the right...

As you enter the room you pause and bring your eyes to the white and gold crib on one side of the room...you stare at the peacefully sleeping filly that rest under the light blue blankets. You swallow hard as you quietly make your way over to the crib.

You stop above it as you look down to the sleeping filly.
"she hasn't slept good...but she looks better now.."

You're a little startled by Twilights hushed voice beside you, but you don't make a sound as you nod your head.

You turn your head back to the large bed that sits in front of the crib...you know an awkward moment is just a hoof away but you're just too tired to really fight it. So you suck it up as you slowly make your way to the bed. You actually feel more nervous about the mare that you're going to be sleeping next to tonight more than the fact you can't even remember anything about her.

But you hold that thought at bay as you place your first hoof onto the bed. You slowly pull the covers back as you slide yourself into the warm blankets.

...But now your mind has keep something from you, as you settle into the bed you feel a shift on the side next to you. You watch as Twilight slowly slips herself into the bed...her back faces you and she seems to be trying to avoid your gaze.

You can help but think to yourself...and the awkward moment start early...

- - -

The moment has lasted alot longer than you thought it would... the moon now sits high up in the window in clear view from where you have not shifted from since you got into the bed. Twilight has yet to turn herself towards you or even move just like you...you're starting to doubt that she is even sleeping.

You listen to the sound of the wind hitting the window as you try to force yourself into the sleep you need. And just as you start to close your eyes the bed next to you start to shift. Your eyes hang open wide as the shifting start to creep over to your side of the bed, your body tightens as you feel Twilights leg and hoof slowly come over your chest.

You freeze at the hot leg the now rest over you, her body is pressed up against yours. Your mind is screaming as you lay there, your mind is telling you to get up and leave the room at the unfamiliar leg and hoof....but a strong feeling overtakes you as you lay there...the feeling reassures you that somehow this...this is right...

A peaceful exhale expels out of the pony that has her body pressed up against yours as she finally starts to slip into a sleep. But at that sound your outer mind takes over and you slid from her grasp onto the floor.

The lavender mare has her eyes on you as you quickly make your way to the threshold of the door. You don't have to turn to feel her confused and crushed eyes burning into your coat.

Your quick down the stairs and out the door...but you stop in a heavy breath as you look up to the dark cold sky. Everything has happened so fast today...it feels like this life is not even yours.

With a light clicking sound you hear the door behind you open...you don't have to turn as you listen to the mares low voice....

"Yesterday I keep closing my eyes, just wishing that when I would open them up again that you would be holding me like you always do...." Her voice cracks up as she pauses, "....I know you don't remember me...but I will do anything and wait as long as it until you do..." Your heart skips a few beats as you listen to her last heavy words, "....because I love you..."

The cold night air hits in contrast to you warm body as you hold your head to the ground trying to understand how much this pony means to you.

You wait in silence for a few minutes before you turn around to the lavender mare in the doorway.

You can't say a word as the still unknown sadness over takes your mouth...but as you walk closer to the mare there is no doubt in your mind that this is where you need to be if you want your memory back...

End of chapter 9

Maybe all you need

Comments ( 9 )

*unread etc. ...*
can't wait till tomorrow... but some things, like that, has to be savored ^^

good work ^^
easy to read, many action, good intended confusion ^^ the Lifeblood pulses ^^

We're ALIVE!!!!! :yay:

Take that Chrysalis! You can't knock us off that easily!:rainbowdetermined2:

2461829

Yes! But who are are you? And who am I ? :twilightoops:

Great work. I'm very picky about cliffhangers because I don't like getting all pissed off and confused at the end of a story and having to wait for the rest of it to come out, but this one was perfect. Keep doing what you do. I'll be sure to check out the next part when it comes out.
~Mike~

AWWWW :pinkiesad2: why can't he remember anything.

*puts on best batman voice* wheres Chrysalis, *hoof to the face* WHERE IS SHE!!

Login or register to comment