• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 1,035 Views, 29 Comments

Maybe it can... - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 26-27 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
5
 29
 1,035

Maybe it can be after all

Chapter 6

Twilight's calming spell seems to have worked better than she probably thought it would, you're now calmed mind and the soft bed you had been laid on now help your mind take in everything that has happened. The first thought that comes to your mind is how the hell did they even get me here? You feel like you have been awake the whole time but you have no memory of walking or being carried. Your eyes are closed though and your body still embraces the sweet mind numbed peace that you can think through.

Ok, two days so far...day one woke up in a pile of dirt with a pained head and a dried blooded leg, meet a weird stallion midget that told me I’m some super pony librarian...not bad...drank some crappy position, fainted...good day.... Day two meet somepony named Rainbow dash, meet a whole bunch of ponies that seem to know me and now I have weird green tingling sensation over my body, a kid I can't remember...supposedly with some mare that 'knows me' and we live in a very flammable library hou...-

You stop your heads rant as you feel a cold wet surface brush up against your still tender leg. It doesn't hurt and instead have a very soothing gentle touch. You open your eyes slowly as you quietly shift your head to the pony sitting by your bed. The lavender mare doesn't seem to notice your head shift as she continues to wipe slowly at your bruised leg.

You can't help but feel a little guilty for the way you acted...you can't remember this pony but as you look over her mane that covers her eyes you can't help but feel a strong feeling of belonging. You shift your eyes to her hoof as she dabs at your matted fur, the white towel is already covered in dirt and other things from your fur.

Your leg's muscle twinges a little as she presses down this time with a slight amount of strength to it. You don't make a sound but from the motion of your muscle she knows you're awake.

Twilight shifts her face to you as she gives a little smile, her eyes don't fully focus on you she talks in a low voice, "are you feeling any better?"

You stare at her silently for a moment trying to soak in her image, as her soft purple eyes give a little glance up to you, you nod your head, seeing the eyes you described yesterday gives you a weird happy feeling and you have to talk to ignore it, "um...look, I’m sorry for the way I acted."

Her eyes drift back up to you and her ears straighten a little more as she listens.

"...I, I just can't remember you." You give a swallow to your dry mouth as you finish your sentence.

She nods her head and her ears droop down a bit, but her tone picks up as she stands from your bedside with a loud inhale, "And that’s ok, because we are going to help you, ok?"

You stare at her again silently before you nod your head, not knowing anything about yourself and having some pony who obviously knows more about you than yourself right now scares you a little bit...but the strange happiness you have at looking at her out plays your mind.

She smiles as she turns herself to the door, "Spike he’s up." She looks back to you as she talks in a low voice, "Spike is my dragon assistant, and your friend who you have know since you came here... ok?"

You nod your head as you think over her words, came here? Like from another town?
You hold your question back as you watch the little...purple dragon enter the room. He holds a large brown and gold book in his clawed graph as he walks to Twilight, "Here you go Twilight." He doesn't take his eyes off of you as he pulls a paper and what looks like a quill out of the book, you watch him as he waddle over to a chair in the corner of the room.

"Okay." You look back to Twilight as she hovers the book in front of her, the book has a purple glow around it, you know its magic but you still feel a little odd by knowing it. You sit up from the bed as you listen to the mare.

"First things first, you need to know your name."

You nod your head as the word hits your ear, ok? That’s my name...no memories here, cool.

She flips through the book as she stammers, "Ok, from what I have read we should start by trying to jog your memory, not just tell you everything. It’s easier on the pony if they just remember themselves."

You smile a little as you talk, "You read that whole book already? You must be a fast reader."

"I read fast when it’s something important to me." She gives a sweet smile to you as she turns back to the door and calls two names out.

Important to you...You think over the words as you lose your smile, what's important to me?

"Alright Twilight, what y'all need us to do?"

You bring your head up from your hooves as you look at the orange and yellow mare that crowded the doorway.

"Aj, Fluttershy, anything that you think will help bring back a memory I want you to try."

The orange pony who seemed to reacted to the name Aj taps her hoof to her muzzle as she lets out a dumbfounded um...

The yellow mare however comes a little closer as she talks in a very low voice, her eyes shift around you and her mane drops in front of her face a little, "Um...I know we never really talked too much, and I’m sorry but um do you remember me?"

You shake your head slowly as you answer, "I'm sorry."

She nods her head as she backs up to the orange pony, "It's okay."

"I got it!" The orange pony smiles to you as her happy southern accent fills the room, "Y'all remember before winter wrap up you helped buck some apples with me and Twi, well you picked dem with your uh hands but still counts."

You shake your head as you think over her word, she says hooves weird.

"Um sorry Twi, other than that we only really where around each other with Rainbow Dash."

Twilight nods her head as she talks, "Its ok, send Pinkie and Rarity up please."

As the two ponies leave the room the little purple dragon speaks up from his chair, "Do you remember cider season? Or the Night before Winter Wrap Up?"

You shake your head to him.

You hear hoofs banging on the wood as you look back to the door two the white mare and pink pony..pink pony you think, "Hi Pinkie."

The pink fully haired pony jumps and almost defies logic as she froze in the air with a gasp...bad move, the pink ball of fluffy no has her hooves wrapped around you as she happily scream-laughs, "You remembered me! Youdidyoudidyoudidyoudid!"

You try to talk through her shaking of you, "I just t-thought you w-here pink so Pinkie w-woul-d be you-r name."

She lets go of you as she pants, "So you don't remember me?"

You shake your head.

"How could you not remember aunty pinkie pie?" She frowns as she's pulled back by the white mare, "I'm so sorry darling, but we are all a little um." She pauses as she shifts her eyes back and front, "...well we are all a little surprised at how you can't remember Twilight or Violet, after all you went through and how much passion you showed the other day."

You look to the lavender mare who smiles to you sweetly...You feel your own smile creep your face as you talk, "How old are you Twilight?"

But your question goes unanswered as the white pony's hoof smacks across your face. Note to self...OW!

"Rarity?!" Twilight holds her hooves up completely confused to her friends action.

Rarity taps you softly as she talks, "I'm sorry but its very rude to ask a mare her age, even if you can't remember them you still should have manners."

The pink gives a snorting laugh and so does Spike from his corner.

"Its fine Rarity." Twilight rolls her eyes to the white pony.

Rarity clears her throat as she composes herself, "Okay darling, do you remember me making clothes for you? Or maybe all the times me and Rainbow stopped by?"

You shake your head to her as you apologize.

She taps her hoof to her mouth as she talks, "W-well that’s not all um how about the time you brought me my element of harmony or hearts and hooves day, do you remember Sweetie Belle?"

You shake your head again but this time your ears twang a little to the last name she mentioned.

Twilight sighs as she talks, "It's okay Rarity, I don't want to ask too many question on the first day, could you send Rainbow up?"

Rarity nods as her as her and Pinkie turn to leave the room.

You look to Twilight who now has the book in her face as you think, how long will this take? You feel a little drained as your mind tries to focus on everything you have been told so far, something’s bring a feeling and others just bring questions. You sigh as you hear the next ponies hooves hitting the wood.

End of chapter 6