• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 1,036 Views, 29 Comments

Maybe it can... - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 26-27 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
5
 29
 1,036

Chapter 2

Chapter 2 – The stone of the storm

The stallion’s house is cluttered with books, papers on every flat surface and next to just about every one of these piles of masses up junk sits a different kind of beaker or glass burner. The place looks like some kind of drug house or science lab...you stop your sweep of the room as you focus on your last thought, why do I know what a science lab looks like? But the thought is pushed aside as your back mind shrugs it off with the word movies. Again after only a few more steps you stop, what's a movie?

Your mind is put on hold as the deep voice resignation from the stallion in front of you hits your ears, "Ya sorry about the mess, but being a mortician gives me to many things to work on."

You nod your head to his comment as you watch him stop in front of you.

He holds his hoof out as he talks, "Ok, to your right down the hall on the left is the guestroom, I lost a pet spider in there its name is Spidermane...-"

You interrupt him as you laugh, "Spider Man?" Right as these words exit your mouth your mind fills with questions of why you just found that funny but you still listen on.

"...Right...ok well if you see him don't step on it. I figure you're only going to stay here for one night, tomorrow we'll see if anyone knows your drunken flank in town." He turns away as he starts to walk from you.

"Wait...Why are you letting me stay here?"

He gives a sigh as he talks, "Well the storm would probably drown your drunken flank and I don't want to dig any holes...plus you did kind of save the whole town a few weeks ago so I-..."

You cut him off as you burst out completely confused, "I did what?" A feeling of self pride rolls over you as you think about his comment, ok so I’m a librarian superhero? I need a cape.

Stony holds his hoof up to you, which is literally what he has to do on account of the small stallion size, "Listen, don't get a big head, I’m pretty sure those element of harmony mares did most of the work."

Elements of harmony? You study the word in your mind for a second...the word strikes you hard and it again brings a hard to push back feeling that you're somehow forgetting something very important to you. It’s the same nerve racking feeling that you get when you can't find something important only this time you can't even remember the thing you are trying to remember. You give a groan as you rub your sore leg and hoof across your face.

"Are you sure you're not a zombie? “ Stony point's his hoof to the tattered fur on your leg as he talks.

You shrug the comment off as you look over the fur, "It was just a changeling bite."

Stony's eyes widen as he talks in a gasp, "ohhhh a changeling? You saw a changeling?"

You blink at him with no idea of what he’s talking about, "A chain-ling?"

Stony stares at your mouth a gasp for a moment, his green eyes focused on you, "...Your father must have been a mule or something, and no pony stays this drunk. Anyways back to the Discord thing."

You laugh a little at the word, "What is that like a band or something?"

Stony squints his eyes up at you as he talks, "Ya sure, could I get a lock of you mane?"
A lock of my mane? Note to self lock the door tonight, you quickly shake your absent minding thinking off as you talk, "Ya sure, but can you tell me more about the." You pause at the word for a moment, "Elements of harmony?"

"Ya ya sure hold still." The grey stallion sticks his tongue hangs out a little as he squints his green eyes to you, a low chiming fills the cluttered room as a pair of small scissors and an open glass jar are floated to your face.

You watch the items for a moment as you hear the scissors cut through the mane above your eyes, you watch a few strains fall into the open jar at the tip of your muzzle. As the strains enter the glass jar the blue-grey tint brightens as there quickly brought back to the small stallions hooves. He stares at the jar intensely as he lets out a low, "hmmmmm."

"Stony." You look at him a little annoyed as you call his name.

He looks back to you as he lets out a high pitch, "hm? Oh ya, the elementsofharmonyaresomethingthatprincessCelastiausedtodouhhhhhhhhthatonethingkssdjnjd."

You listen hard at the fading sentence as he press the jar closer to his face, "Princess Celestia?"

Stony takes his muzzle from the glass as he plants his flank on the ground, "Yes the most delic...- I mean beautiful mare in all of equestria."

You think over the name as you smile, "I think I know her."

Stony rolls his hoof at you as he turns the jar with his other hoof, "pfff, sure you do, you poor sad ahnungslos pony."

You shake your head slowly as you talk, "No-no I do." You get a smile on your face as a shady description unfolds itself from your locked mind, "Lavender coat...three toned purple mane..." Your words soften as the fuzzy through attempts to clear, "...Soft pur...-"

"Ha ha, that’s not Celestia."

Your mind is brought back from its fuzz as you listen to the deep laugh, "Then who is that?"

Stony floats the jar to a large beaker of water as he stands, "I have no idea, most likely some herd-mare you met last night on your drinking binge, now could you step aside for a moment."

You move to the wall of the room as the pony continues to talk, "...tell me did you have any moon-dust last night? Because I’m starting to think you have memory relapse and not just drunken haze my little betrunken freund."

You shake your head slowly as you talk, "No I think something happened last night..." You search the wood floor of the house as you try to think hard again.

"Pff, knowing you, yo...-" His words are cut off by a loud lightning boom from outside, Stony looks up to the roof as he talks, "Oh, sounds bad." He smiles to you as he nods his head to the door, "You want to go play outside?"

You give a long face at his attempt at a joke.

He shrugs as he turns back to the large water filled beaker, "Well you're not completely dumb." His horn flickers a blue-grey color and the water starts to come into a boil. You look at the water with a feeling of confusion and complete understanding come over you...like its weird but normal to see magic...But you continues to watch as the grey pony starts cramming various food items into the large beaker.

You watch his action with a building confusion as the fruits, berries and vegetables are crammed into the beaker then vanish.

You finally can't hold your question back as you walk a little closer to the small grey stallion, "What are you doing?"

He stares at the puke green looking beaker with a smile as the baker takes on his horns blue-gray tint, it floats over to a small cup and is poured into it. The cup is then floated up to you as he turns, "Ok, drink this."

You stare at the drink, it has a horrible smell and you know your mane is floating around in it. Another loud banging from the storm is heard outside and this makes you think, crazy mortician/alchemy pony or raging mindless storm?...storm, you move your hoof slowly towards the door but as you do this the concoction is thrust at you.

"Trust me it will be good for you."

You stare at the drink in front of you then to the door as you think, oh man..."What does it do?"

Stony smiles as he hoofs it up to you, "It should help clear your mind up...-"

You take the drink from his hoof as you hold your breath and down the cup. It taste like a slimy apple or slimy anything for that matter...all you know is it taste terrible, but the worst thing is the hair that you can feel as you gallop it down, "That taste like shit."

Stony cocks his eyebrow at you as he takes the cup from your hoof, "Well you should never eat fecal matter." He stares at the cup as his eyes widen, "Oh I forgot the carrot."

"What?! What does that do?! “You bring your hoof up to your mouth as you rush to talk, "do I need to throw up?"

Stony smiles as he places the cup down, "No-no, but you will black out in a few minutes, but it’s ok you will feel better in the...-"

Your eyes start to feel heavy as your stance becomes woozy.

Stony eyes go wide as the small pony look up at your continuing to falter stance, "Oh buck."

With a dazed feeling you fall forward.

End of chapter 2