• Published 5th Apr 2013
  • 10,757 Views, 647 Comments

Halcyon Hearts - TheMyth



After going through so much, it's nice to have some quiet times. But quiet does not mean uneventful. Even in times of peace, ponies change, ponies grow, and ponies learn...

  • ...
24
 647
 10,757

Epilogue

“And now... your end is near... Soon you’ll face the final curtain... And as you die... I’ll make it clear... I loved your pain, that much is certain...”

“Shut up in there!” A guard yelled, banding against his cell door belonging to a stallion who was arrested for being an accomplice to Bloodwing. The said stallion, Black, would not stop singing and laughing madly as he bounced off the walls without a care in the world. “Sweet Celestia, I thought I’d never want a pony to go back to being suicidal!”

Black grinned. “Don’t like my singing, huh? Peh, everypony’s a critic,” he sighed. “I think I’ll take your ears first, since you're obviously not using them.”

The guard refused to dignify that with a response. He remembered the day when a switch seemed to be thrown in his brain. Suddenly, he went from moping in his cell, having to be force fed and only getting up when he thought he could get a spear to impale himself upon to grinning and laughing wildly, constantly telling the guards exactly how he would kill them and their families, and in general acting like a pony who had lost his mind.

“I’ve lived a life of crime, killed stallions at every roadway. And more, much more than this... I killed them... my way!”

The guard soon felt a spit ball against his neck. His eyes burned in rage as she clenched his teeth and turned around to face Black was grinning. “Look you, either shut your bucking mouth, or I swear I’ll take my sword and turn you into a gel...”

The last half of that word was cut off by the guard losing consciousness, what tends to happen when a club has been stuck on one’s head. The other guard fared no better, and was knocked out almost as quickly.

There was silence for a moment.

“Aww... where’d the pretty music go?” Black asked, sounding like a disappointed foal.

At that point, the door opened, and a pony stepped in. At least, Black assumed it was a pony. He was covered by a cloak, so no features could be seen. He was quadrupedal.

“Black, I assume?”

Black’s ears perked. “Am I? I think I am...”

“Are you that far gone? I was hoping you’d be of some use to me.”

“What do you need from me, huh?” Black asked curiously, smiling broadly with his eyes darting from one corner to the other.

The pony in the cloak stepped forward and used to unshackle Black from his bindings using magic. When Black was finally free, he dropped to the ground with a thud before getting up to face the pony.

“Thanks alot! I’ll be going no-”

The pony suddenly spread wings out of his cloak, stopping Black in his tracks. From the darkness of where the hood was hiding his face, white eyes presented themselves to the dark earth pony. “I think you owe me, since I freed thee?”

Black groaned and rolled his eyes. “Sure okay, what you want huh?! Me to kill somepony? I have a lot on my death list at the moment.”

“I want you to help me… rectify Equestria.”

“Huh?” Black cocked his eyebrow at the unknown pony.

“Let us not discuss this here, too many ears.” He began to walk out before stopping. “Almost forgot.” He turned back to Black, using his magic to form an aura around Black that seemed be absorbed into his body.

Before Black could react, he fell to the ground groaning in pain. His forehead and back started bleeding as new appendages sprouted out of him. His legs were in considerable pain and he was close to screaming. The pain stopped and he breathed normally again, standing up to view his new body. Black was back in his alicorn form.

“That form is needed for what I plan,” the pony explained, seeing Black exit the cell.

Black starting chuckling bowing his head with his eyes closed, before laughing madly at the gift he received. His laughing stopped when he heard a groan below him and he saw the guards waking up. They did not get to face him, however, as he stomped on their chests. They died almost instantly.

“That was not needed!” the pony told him sternly, with Black glaring back at him.

“Well excuuuuuse me!” Black sneered at him. “I can kill whoever I-”

“Not when you are in a contract with me, you won’t!” The pony slapped Black hard, sending him to the ground. “You may use lethal force, however, if ponies get in the way.”

Black looked up from the ground before getting up. “What about the princess and her dogs?!”

The pony looked down to the floor sighing before answering. “If it comes to it, it can’t be helped.”

“Yes!” Black smiled smugly. “By the way, who the buck are you?!”

The pony removed the cloak and relieved what was under it.

“You!” Black responded in shock and surprise. “But you’re dead!”

“Death cannot stop a promise, and a promise is what I shall fulfill.” The pony said, placing the hood back. “Now come, we have work to do…"

Author's Note:

So that marks the end of Halcyon Hearts... but the tale is far from over.
Special thanks to Co-author and friend Darth Link 22 and Editor Amras Felagund
Stay tuned for news of the new story of the saga, until then... peace! :D

Comments ( 50 )

Damn ... i was right:twilightblush:

Welp, bad news for the mane six. Good news for us:More stories

So Bloodwing is back? I knew things were going too good. YES!! Now bring on the pain.:pinkiecrazy:

3281414
Who said it's Bloodwing? :trollestia:

Awww...I can believe that one of my favoroh GOD A SEQUEL!!!!:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:


YES YES YES! Oh this is going to be :rainbowkiss: oh thank you.

I will be waiting

3281419Good point!
So how long do we have to wait for the sequel.

3281419
His legacy, I guess one could say. Whoever this is clearly knows who Black is, to some degree, so they probably know about Bloodwing.

GEEE. I WONDER WHO THIS GUY COULD BE :duck:

Well THIS can't be a good sign. Great work on the chapter as well as the story as a whole.
All in all I give this chapter, as well as the story as a whole a 10 out of 10 congrats, I can't wait for the next installment in this series, please keep up the great work, and keep these stories coming.

:moustache: :moustache: :moustache: :moustache: :moustachjavascript: :moustache: :moustache: :moustache: :moustache: :moustache:

welp, light scoots and spike better learn to fight, and fast.
also how did I see this coming with all the times he was brought up.

OH... SH**! :pinkiegasp::twilightoops: Black is on the loose again, but this time he isn't alone, and this time he is under the control of another sick, twisted soul! :pinkiegasp: Oh, this is getting good my friend. I knew that too much of a good time wouldn't last. :fluttershysad:

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEQUAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!! :pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy:

3281419

If isn't bloodwing I can picture another guy that was suposed to be death...a certain King...

good way to end it cant wait for sequel:twilightsmile:

This series is bucking awesome. You never fail to surprise.

Yay, the tale continues! I still like the idea of an alicorn Scootaloo... :trollestia:

Welp, didn't see this coming. I just hope the mane six can handle whoever this new big bad.

DAMN YOU CLIFFHANGER MAN! :flutterrage:

I never thought I would be right about the fact of Black escaping...and I never wanted to be more wrong than ever...:facehoof:

Now with Black alive and on the loose, Twilight, Spike and the others will have to watch their back, especially with Black's new ally/boss in all of this.

You know what they say about all good things must come to an end...well this is some ending and it maybe the last peaceful moment that the heroes/heroines to enjoy because once they hear about this.....well all bets maybe off. :rainbowderp:

Truly an exciting way to end the story as I cannot wait to see how you'll be able to top this in the next installment of this wonderful series of yours. :pinkiehappy:

Holy crap! Right when I thought there'd be a happy ending. Good one you sneaky writer. Can't wait for what comes next.

Was looking for some Twidash when i found this. Through there were some errors, it was amazing.
Can´t wait to see the next part.

3281419 crap... i know who this is... doesnt seem like bloodwing, cuz i could swear bloodwing had a white stallion somewhere.................:raritydespair:

I knew Murpy's Law would pull through for me. I just knew it.

i just finished reading this and it was awesome i can't wait until the sequel comes out

Group reaction Time!!

Nice story. I like the CMC's and how they found their talents..

D'awwwwww shy adopted pip :heart:

Haha! Twi and Blaze din don got caught by Cadence and Armour! :3 Suckers!

That's it??? There SHOULD BE MOAR!:flutterrage:


Them Crazy Faces::ajsmug::applecry::derpytongue2::fluttercry::flutterrage::heart::pinkiegasp::pinkiehappy::rainbowderp::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowlaugh::raritystarry::facehoof::moustache::yay:

3609565
Darthlink22 is an avid reader of it :twilightsmile:

Comment posted by love me deleted Dec 15th, 2013

Is this a spike x sweetie belle fic?

god thank that u made me click on this fic :heart::heart::rainbowkiss:

Well, I wasn't completely wrong in my prediction of tragedy. The families of those dead guards feel pretty tragic.

3738784
You do me too much honor. :derpytongue2:
The eloquence of my madness IS told of in tale and song, though.
Now, I'm off to finish this here story, then critique the tar oughta it. :pinkiecrazy:

So I came into this story without having read either of the preceding stories. I conducted an experiment as I read this, even once I realized this was a sequel to a previous story, I decided to read on and see how well you managed characters and back story to a new reader.

The answer is that you did a pretty good job. I am currently reading chapter 11, but I have already faved and upvoted.

You have earned a new follower good sir (or madam), I look forward to not only reading the completed works in this series, but to see what you have coming in the future.

this with out a bout is one of, if not THE, best spike shipping story I have had the pleasure and honor of reading!:pinkiehappy:
bravo, author bravo!
Brohoof?
RATING: 10/10
congratulations you win a Tiger Mk2!

3742268 you just had to say it and now you've jinxed us

This was really good:pinkiehappy:

Okay, how is Blaze a Gary Stu?

5527120
That's Celestia's thoughts... of Light :twilightsmile:

5527306
Heh. And here I thought it was Light's thoughts on Celestia, with "him" being Blaze.

Also? Please reply in the chapter the comment was originally posted in. Knighty's coding for notifications is a little wonky, meaning that cross-chapter replies do not set off a notification.

6507862
Oh... That makes more sense. And actually makes this all the more sad.

SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent ending for this volume. This has been an awesome series so far. I've really enjoyed it. :pinkiehappy:

Just FYI, the Odyssey and Iliad (one of the English translations, anyway) has 263k words to it.

This series of stories is just shy of that by ~16k. Mogera's Savage Skies series has nearly 1.5M words; Whatmustido's Diaries of a Madman some 1.85M; Silvak's Distorted Fate/Aegis series, Goldfur's saga of Zevan, and several more not mentioned because I'm running late to go---you guys all are clearly redefining what it means for a story to be "Epic"!

Thank you all!:twilightsmile::pinkiehappy::rainbowdetermined2:

7392569 I think you mean Spike's issues are psychological.
As I pointed out, anything that meets the criteria for "life" is alive.
Spike's simply flipping out because of how he may/or may not have been hatched. Yes, he's living, breathing, feeling, eating, and can experience injuries, but he's just discovered there may not have been a dragon to lay his egg.

It's much the same as if you suddenly discovered you were adopted or even a clone. It wouldn't make you any less "human" for whatever your origin. Certainly, it would weird you out to learn that much about your childhood was a lie. This is what Spike is feeling with that discovery.

But like the example, it doesn't really matter what your real history was--what matters is what you do with the life you've made for yourself. Spike needed to understand that as well. Yes, he may need to reevaluate where he came from, but in no way does it change who he really is.

I'm trying to remember, Was Black's elemental power ever mentioned?

11217912
Yeah, I know the wording can be a little confusing.
I did say that some normal birth can be considered "mistakes"--re the examples I gave on rape & teenage pregnancy.
However, I knew to be very careful to NOT say that intentional pregnancies were mistakes.
The only caveat I placed on ALL normal births, even those that were intentional, is that they are "accidental"--if you think about it, they are purely random chance events, which fits the "accident" definition while "mistakes" are defined as errors.
Accident ≠ Mistake :trollestia:

Great work. Loved the story. Hope to see more from you. :twilightsmile:

11464122
So far I've been really disappointed with the plot holes, contrivances, and overall writing of this story.
Reading some of your comments and the ones you have replied to are not making me interested in reading much more of this. Is the stuff about pony Spike (the only plot point I'm interested in) any good in this story post-chapter 4?

Login or register to comment