• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 655 Views, 3 Comments

At the precipice of truth - The Drifting Bard



An empty life soon to be filled. tradegy, sorrow, death, rebirth... all circulating...

  • ...
 3
 655

Finale

Chapter 10: the truth


The rain was beating the ground like a drum. I was soon walking through the area when the attack happened.
There were still some blood stains on the ground, slowly being washed away by the rain, the moisture in the air perforating my nostrils. I started to run.

Just what was she thinking, its colder than it was a few days ago, and the rain is making me shiver. To make matters worse, my coat has been lost to that fucking dragon…

scratch that, she’s more important.

My legs were burning from all the running I had been doing, I felt the need to stop.
Looking around I could make out the outline of buildings. Taking a deep breath I cursed at myself for not noticing her leaving beforehand. The fresh air had begun to seep through; the tears on my face were enveloped in the pouring rain.

In hindsight, I should have expected this to happen. I felt freed, like I could take on anything.
I could hear the faint sounds of sobbing. I could see in the distance the silhouette of a Pegasus pony make its way across a bridge. The silhouette had slowed down gradually, getting shelter from a nearby tree.
“You shouldn’t do that, ya know” I said with a smile, making the silhouette squeak in fear.
“Why did you look for me,” Fluttershy whimpered “all I’ve ever done bring up painful memories for you” she looked up at me, her eyes were bloodshot, tears still running down her cheeks.

I pulled her closer to me, thoughts running through my head. “No, I brought it upon myself, if anything… I should be apologizing for not telling you sooner” I beckoned her to follow me, noticing she had my coat tucked under her wings.
“Hang on, you look cold” I took the coat and draped it over her with a smile.

“You want to know why I followed you,” she looked up at me, my eyes met hers, “Its 2 in the morning, pissing it down with rain, and I wanted to tell you…” I closed my eyes swearing under my breath.
Suddenly I felt a pair of forearms wrap around my neck, our lips met, the feeling of euphoria flowed into me like nobodies business.
We were locked in a loving embrace for a minute, “I… I’ve wanted to do that for quite a while” she stammered, a blush creeping across her smiling face.
We decided it would be best to walk back, to show the others that she was safe.

We spotted the others walking into the library, I hollered at them, grinning away with a blush on my face as we ran up to them. I watched the rest hug Fluttershy, checking to see if she was okay. “Ya know, Trigger? She’s really lucky,” twilight stood beside me, with a small smile on her face, I could tell she was tired.
“She told me that ever since you walked her home, she’s been developing feelings for you” I glanced at her for a moment, I sighed. “Ya think?” I told her that she came out of her shell earlier and did something unexpected.

Twilight could still see the barely visible blush on my dark fur. I heard the collective ‘you did what?’ from the other 4 who were sitting with Fluttershy. I simply walked up and pecked her on the cheek. I could see their jaws dropping by the sight. “Fluttershy, I think we broke them” I chuckled.

My life had changed. The hole in my heart had been filled once again with love.
I was finally at peace.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment