• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 655 Views, 3 Comments

At the precipice of truth - The Drifting Bard



An empty life soon to be filled. tradegy, sorrow, death, rebirth... all circulating...

  • ...
 3
 655

chapter 2

Chapter 2: Weeping Guitar

When we arrived ‘Jack had explained everything to her family.
“…he’s even agreed to help around the farm till he finds his own place”
I nodded in agreement with that statement. The guitar was resting on my back.
“Ah spose I should show you to yer room trig,” she yawned, “it’s an early start tomorrow” she finished.
“Forgive me if I don’t wake up” I chuckled.
As soon as my head hit the pillow, memories started to seep in.

But I didn’t want those memories to resurface.
I left the house and just sat in the field with my guitar.
The moon was full that night, bright stars as far as I could see.
It was a beautiful sight to behold. But there was still something missing.
I sat there playing a mournful melody, which was familiar to me but not to anypony else. A few teardrops hit the ground as I played. Little did I know, I was being watched. I felt the urge to sing, so I did, and as cheesy as it was, my singing wasn’t that perfect.



Fly me to the moon

I heard the rustling of leaves

And let me sing among those stars
Let me see what spring is like on

I felt a cool breeze in the air

Jupiter and mars

Hoof-steps were coming close to me

In other words, hold my hoof
In other words…

I stopped playing, because she was standing right in front of me.
“Please, do not stop on my account” the dark pony spoke with a regal tone
“o-of course but ah… I forgot the rest” I chuckled a little bit before frowning and cursing at myself.
“What is wrong my little pony?”
“Just some old memories which need burying” I spoke while plucking my guitar strings to the tune of the Beatles ‘yesterday’ she looked at me for a moment.
“Well why not send me a letter, every so often… I gather you’re not a member of the Apple family, by the music cutie mark you have” I looked up to her, found myself lost in her eyes… and I could tell.

“So you’ve been alone too? It’s not easy is it? Coping with people again I mean” she looked at me with a smile
“it looks as though we both have lots to learn, Trigger Cocktail”
I blinked, twice “you know me?”
“In name and Music only, I wish to be your friend” she looked down to her hooves,
“Princess Luna? Hello yer Highness” the shrill southern voice shouted with glee.
the princess looked worried, “its okay Princess, you didn’t have to ask, as far as I’m concerned you already are a friend”
I was suddenly dragged into a hug by the princess; the Apple bucking genius was shocked. Shocked that the princess hugged me, and shocked that I could get her to open up that quickly.
It was nearing 3am. “I enjoyed our little talk,” Luna said with a smile “hopefully you’ll find what your looking for, goodbye” she flew off to lower the moon.

Applejack looked at me for a moment “Applejack, I think, I think I know why I’m here,”
“Really sugarcube? Just from that conversation with Princess Luna?”
“Yep, I’m simply here to help people, but… but the only thing I can really do is entertain…”
the strings on the guitar snapped under too much magic pressure
“FUCK!!!”
Applejack bopped me one over the head “language Trig”
I apologized and shed a tear “I think its safe to say that I need new strings”