• Published 24th May 2013
  • 3,467 Views, 356 Comments

Politics - Dai Kirai



It has been a year since the portal connecting Earth and Equestria formed. Embassies have been set up and formal relations have been opened. But can the two sides keep the peace when everybody has their own agenda?

  • ...
37
 356
 3,467

Tirek

“You insolent sow!” Tirek roared into the alicorn’s ear. “This was too early!” He looked through her eyes to another alicorn, a pearlescent white one with tears in her eyes. At the bottom of what he could see was a black snout, wisps of night blue sky sailed past.

SILENCE!!! Nightmare Moon roared, it reverberated through her own mind and to her tormentor. You granted me the power and knowledge. I would never kill my sister irregardless with how she treated me. Just like all the other ponies she will learn to appreciate my nights.

***

Tirek sat alone, or more floated in a nether space. His first century expected as some point to finally die and leave this purgatory. When that refused to come he tested what powers it had. The centaur no longer had a body or anything physical, yet his magic remained. After another few centuries he learned to use it to spy on the world, not just in its present state but the past and potential futures.

***

Tirek stood on his throne, finally ready to bring about night eternal. He’d found the precious hidden world, the one with the needed resources. It had everything, ponies, griffons, humans. His war had been long and hard. Corrupting the other beings strong enough to shape universes. Norra, leader of the griffons had been the latest to fall but failed to be corrupted, her wings adorned the walls behind his throne. It wasn’t a subtle symbol of his might, it was to show his eventual victory.

***

The powerful being floated and sputtered, which turned into a yell. “VOICES! LEAVE ME ALONE!!! Why must you always show these scenes?!” No sound actually emanated from his inky gaseous form. “Nebulae was on her last legs and couldn’t intervene! Yet they had to have found that stupid power. He had underestimated the power of those ponies and their ilk, but soon enough they would pay!”

The window, not a true window but a thing in his own mind, showed the young of Nebulae and her precious world. There was a crack between the two Celestial Sisters, envy and pride that could be exploited. Tirek had spent another century figuring out how to communicate with the younger, and her jealousy gave him power.

***

“Luna. Why do you tolerate being kept in the shadows? Why do you accept her rule? Let her have all that praise?”

“Tis my sister. We are equals and care for one another…”

“When was the last time even SHE looked in awe at your gorgeous moon and stars? Nopony would ever do what their mighty Queen refused to do.”

It had taken effort and many decades to get the seed to grow, the tears streaking down the midnight blue alicorn’s muzzle showed it was all worth it now.

“’Tia is the one with the strength. Too bust helping ponies to even see her precious sister anymore.”

“You don’t seem precious to her. But I can give you more power than she ever dreamed of. Enough to force her to respect you.”

***

“It almost worked but that same magic has defeated me twice.” Tirek been so close to his goal again. It wasn’t the elements that stopped him, that fool mare had her own plans for that power. “And before I could take hold her sister used those damned Elements.” He wanted hands back, so slam down on tables, to throw things as his plans failed again. “Next time it will be different. Next time those artifacts will not intervene. And I will go for a younger alicorn to corrupt, one who will follow my every word and allow me to come back.

***

Tirek looked out at the new world; it had been split long ago from another. The inhabitants without access to magic had done marvelous things. Most of all they craved power, something he could use. He reached out to both worlds, talked to inhabitants. Bipedal and quadrupedal. Slowly placing the items needed to bring them back together after his last act in life had been to severe their connection. Humans and ponies working together was the last thing he needed.

***

As Tirek watched his newest plan unfolding, in Celestia finally listening to his counsel and even accepting small portions of his magic and advice. He eyed her student, saw the raw power she held. “You shall be mine.” His mind purred, there was no one to stop him this time.

***

Tirek watched one of his most loyal followers kill herself, her companion and rig the bomb against Celestia in her own home. “You kept your word Heart Under Blade.” The ephemeral being reached out and grabbed her essence, the spark of light that separated one being from another. There would be a new body waiting for her, once it was in place the limbs would grow, musculature form over the blackened skeleton, long black claws dripped a viscous ocher.

Author's Note:

So yeah. Had this planned after season 2. Tirek is pulled more from the Gen1 stuff. And i realize i explained it crappy. so cliff notes. I really didn't feel like writing it tbh and have midterms this was distracting me from. That and this was really supposed to come after about 40 more chapters so some changes were made. Yeah... author being "too smart" for their own good. :ajsleepy:

ancient gods existed, they had a war of light vs dark. Tirek corrupted other but lost. He took out most of the gods and separated a world that had humans and ponies into two and hid the second. Nebulae, tia and luna parental unit, hid them so they survived and eventually came to rule equestria. Tirek has thus been sitting in the background trying to gain power and manipulate events. He wants to turn celestia bc she has power and even if not fully controlled at least very useful. His goal is for a younger future alicorn to control and give him a body. Or so he hopes. He can see bits of the future but not the whole thing and is likely to believe ones that are favorable to him.

Comments ( 18 )

Not sure I want to invest time into reading this, can someone give a brief rundown of what happened so far?

6988383 The story or the latest chapter?

6988383 Lazy bones! ...er, eyes!

Interesting that Tirek has set his sights on Celestia's student and taken steps to remove the Elements from being an impediment to his plans.
:raritycry:

Very Interesting. This story is getting better and better.

7438295
It was sad that poor Rarity died, but different verses will have different results, sometimes even tragic ones. Trust me, this have been tamed compared to several other stories, a few of them not even grimdark ones. Still, I can sympathize with ya...it can be hard to read death(s) of character(s) you like.

Been awhile since last update. Is this story still up dating?

Hrr, there is a problem with Human stories involving government of USA and its army. You can write them to do pretty much anything and any act of treason there is and people just keep nodding that it would be possible. Is an curious thing when you start to thin about it. Also there is an exception of way stronger military option than is useful in all but 'Humans are superior' stories.

7656052 No? I mean I have some more chapters written (like 5 in editing), just got tired of political fights and similar comments.

7851818 anything is pretty much possible as has been shown, in the span of a few years no less. I always thought the points were that humans are not superior, they just are and two sides inately learn from each other and buttress their weaknesses.

7504671 7054226 seriously? didn't know people had interest in it

7438295 tbh I hated writing it, the fact you are unsure how to feel about imo is actually praise

7856561
Political fights/comments? You mean people were insulting and stuff? That's Fucked up! Your story is great! Sure there was stuff that happened in it that passed us off, but that's part of the whole experience. :pinkiehappy:

7857333 Its people and the acts of politics have become highly charged. And sometimes when people are mad they direct it everywhere. There is also how hard it can be to take criticism o insults some days. Rough patches with life being what they were. Might try uploading some in a few weeks when things here calm down some more.

7866427
Well you have my support either way. :twilightsmile:

8044544 Pero tu, puto tolai? Pero que coño haces contestando a un comentario de tienpos inmemoriales? Y comentando en cada capitulo? Y con la foto de donald Trump? Jajajajajajaj que puto personaje :rainbowlaugh:
Ok, te contestaré en inglés cuando salga de la uni, que estoy escribiendo esto mientras camino

PD: If you don't understand spanish use google translate to get the message I'm trying to make.

8044544

actually putin doesnt give a single dammn about the embargos and making some himself and he uses them to make himself even more loved by the russianss

Well, although the embargos have been proved less effective than what was previously thought, it's also true that those embargos in conjunction with the decline in oil prices have not been good for the russian economy. Sure, without that decline maybe the embargos would have been useless, but taking that into account the embargos against Russia aren't good news for Putin. As for using those embargos as propaganda is certain that they have been extremely useful in that aspect, however is difficult to keep the love of the people when the economy goes bad, so Putin's propaganda machine will have to work double to mantain his image of infallible leader. Btw, the original comment was 2 year ago (I think), so at that time the embargo seemed like a big deal. Not having divinatory powers is a pain in the ass :raritywink:

they know how they created the first portal they can create a new one anytime they want but next time big enough for entire armies

Actually, the portal was created when the fail in the Area 51 experiment coincided with the try of summoning a demon in Equestria, an it was in all likehood the result of Tirek subtly manipulating events to create the portal and finally connect the two worlds to do whatever he has planned. So, no, the humans have no idea how to create another portal, thus recover the piece of land where the portal is located and wich some dumbasses exchanged for some jewelry is pretty fucking important. And with how stupid the humans are on this story ( now they have seen fit give away a nuclear bomb to the ponies, lol), and how the ponies gain strength with each passing day (acquiring the ability to take down jets out of nowhere, for example) the humans will have to spill a considerable amount of blood before taking that area.

let the sleeping beast loose that is the german war machine

Sadly, the author has already confirmed that NATO countries aren't going to be involved in this war, so no germans killing ponies this time. A shame, because your ability to systematically plunder the conquered territory and organize mass genocides would be very useful in this war.

you make the ponies way too strong kinda ruins the story

I agree. However, I continue to read the story because I'm curious about what's going to happen next and because I'm convinced that the humans will defeat the ponies at the end. Hell, they already have anti-magic fields this early in the war, so God nows what they are going to have at the end of the war.

whould be a war that ends i less than minutes because the us has a fuckton of powerfu weapons

pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/723914820530110464/zeEOpDNy.jpg

So much plot armor

I regret investing my time reading this, i'm glad the story has been cancelled.

This story really makes me piss off, the fact that it managed to keep rent free in my head for a week really makes me want to punch the author in the face.

Login or register to comment