• Published 26th Apr 2013
  • 368 Views, 3 Comments

Project Hope - Rarity Belle



Send on a quest to discover new lands in and beyond Equestria, six friends make new enemies and friends while old foes are willing to have their revenge on them.

  • ...
3
 3
 368

Chapter 6: Blinded by the Fight

Mother Nature might look innocent and harmless, but when needed, she can fight with the fury of Gryphon's...

~Raritybell

As the ponies all kept walking they encountered a forest, a forest unmatched by anything in beauty. “Twilight, what is this place? Don’t get me wrong, but it looks so, peaceful, untouched.” said Rainbow in awe. Axel and Applejack did the same and so did the rest, the beauty of the forest, made their eyes tear up.

“In all my years of exploring, I have never seen a place like this before.” said Daring as she took of her hat to admire the sight.

“Hhm, according to the map, this forest, shouldn't even exist!" said Twilight while looking at all her maps. Rarity signed and signaled to Warden, who understood it and raised Twilight’s head with his magic, giving Twilight the full view of the mystical quality of the area. “It is... Amazing...” said Twilight while looking at it.

“Uhm, can we, go in?” asked Fluttershy.

“I don’t see why not.” said Twilight as she made herself ready and did a little headcount. “Everypony ready? Then we go.”, she asked and everypony nodded. All of them walked into the forest quietly, not wanting to disturb any animals that might live there.

All of them looked amazed at the sight of the forest, even Rainbow, who was flying through the branches, wiped a small tear of joy away, she never had seen anything this beautiful. “You know Rarity, after the Capital, I forgot how beautiful the world really is, and this, proves that fact.” said Warden whispering to Rarity with a tear in his eyes.

“I know dear, this place, is magical...” said Rarity softly.

“This place is wonderful, but I see one thing, more wonderful.” said Axel.

“Oh, what might that be then?” asked Applejack with a smile on her face.

Axel gave her a kiss on her cheek and said, “You.” Applejack blushed a little and gave a kiss back. Fluttershy walked next to Twilight and couldn't believe her eyes.

“This place, so, untouched, so pure... So, magical. I love it!” said Fluttershy with a smile on her face.

Daring formed the rear guard and kept an eye out for Rainbow. “Hey Rainbow, watch out where you fly, those branches can hit you pretty hard, would be a shame that you lose your ability to fly!”

Rainbow stopped from where she was and waited until the rest of the group passed by and flew alongside Daring. “Don’t worry about me Daring, I know how to avoid branches.” she said with her usual cocky voice. But in her mind, it was chaos, the Daring Do, warned her, showing she cared for her. Rainbow just wanted to scream in joy. But she tried to hold herself of as much as that could and kept flying.

After a long time of walking and sightseeing they reached a open field in the middle of the forest. “Everypony, how about a small rest?” asked Twilight to all of them, they all agreed and Twilight set up their gear. “We might stay here as well for the rest of the day. Everypony just laid down in the grass, thinking about this magical place. A butterfly landed on the nose of Fluttershy, who tried not to sneeze and waited just as long until it was gone when she released a very adorable sneeze. Everypony looked to her and giggled a little, even Axel did it. Applejack could forgive it since it was rather cute.

“Dinner is ready everypony.” said Twilight as she made the dinner table ready. Everypony took place and enjoyed the wonderful dinner made by Twilight.

“Twi, this is very good, where did you learn to cook like this, sugarcube?” asked Applejack out of curiosity.

“It are not only informative books I read Applejack.” said Twilight while she winked to Applejack who knew enough and they continued their meals.

As the sun, slowly started to decent in the forest and the moon started to raise, they didn't feel the need to make a fire, it just felt safe. After spending some time talking to each other about what happened the past weeks by now they all found it was time to go to bed. Twilight was the last one to enter the tent and took one last look at the forest, so calm, so peaceful, it reminded her of home. She sighed a little and went to bed, drifting off to her dreamworld.

The next morning, everypony decided to let Twilight sleep and made a huge breakfast with things found in the forest. Everything was set and Fluttershy was sent to get Twilight. Who did not really want to go. She tried her best to talk herself out of it, but Daring pushed her over to do it.

“Uhm, Twilight, are you, are you awake?” she asked softly. The mulberry mare moaned a little bit and Fluttershy slowly shook her awake.

“Uhm... Ugh... Wha... Oh, morning Fluttershy.” said Twilight yawing.

“B-B-Breakfast is ready, if you want to join us, that is.” spoke Fluttershy quitely.

“Thank you Fluttershy, I,” Twilight let go a big yawn and sat right up in her bed. “I will be there in a second.” Fluttershy nodded to her friend and left the tent, waiting for her friend to come out and enjoy the breakfast.

Twilight was greeted by everypony and the mare looked at the table, it was one of the most beautiful things she ever saw. “Y-you all, you all made this?” she brought out a little in disbelief. Everypony nodded to her words.

“Please darling, take a seat and enjoy it.” said Rarity with a smile on her face. Twilight walked to the head of the makeshift table and slowly took place on her seat.

The rest of them slowly sat down as well and began to help themselves. Twilight looked at all of them and chuckled lightly, their different style of helping themselves, it was just a sight she loved. But eventually even Twilight started to help herself and enjoyed the wonderful breakfast her friends had made for her.

After a while everypony was done with their breakfast and Daring asked an obvious question. “So, what is the plan for today?” Everypony looked at each other and pondered their heads a little.

“Well, we could of course venture a little deeper in the forest to see what lies hidden in it.” said Twilight. Rainbow got a twinkle in her eyes upon hearing those words.

“If we do that, I will be next to Daring!” she spilled, but quickly covered her mouth after she realized that.

Daring let go a friendly chuckle and said, “It is alright Rainbow, you may stand by my side.” Now Rainbow just couldn't hold herself anymore and squealed. Everypony giggled at her as a maroon red blush appeared on the cyan colored coat.

Axel looked a little around at the trees and field. “You know, we could make a house here, I mean, more than enough wood, maybe make a small house for all of us.”

A loud moan was heard from behind them and everypony shocked up. “What in...” said Daring. Rarity hide behind Warden who rolled his eyes and looked what the sound could have been.

“Show yourself!” said Twilight as she charged up her horn. Pinkie, Fluttershy, Applejack and Axel all hid under the table.

“I wish not to hurt you...” moaned the voice.

“Then please, show yourself.” said Twilight which still had her horn charged.

The voices moaned again but then sighed deeply “I will show myself, if the Unicorn discharges her magic...”

Twilight looked around trying to find out where the voice came from but couldn't find it. She looked at her friends who hid under the table and to Warden and Daring who both nodded. “Discharge it Twilight, we don’t want to cause trouble.” said Warden as he gently stroked Rarity’s mane to calm her down.

Twilight sighed and slowly the charge of her horn took off until it was just the horn. “I have discharged my horn. Now please, show yourself.” she said into the nothingness of the forest.

The voice moaned again. “And I shall keep myself to my end...” Suddenly one of the trees started to bend in different shapes and twists until it looked like a pony. Everypony who saw it looked with a dropped jaw on the events unfolding before their eyes.

“How in the world...” Branches turned and twisted, leaves hide away, eyes and mouth emerged out of nothing.

“We... Are Tree-Ponies...” said the Tree-pony. Twilight was hit by surprise and everypony else came from under the table and looked at the Tree-Pony which was five times bigger than they were.

“What in the world...” said Rainbow who spoke what everypony thought.

“Please, ask questions later, you have somepony to visit...” spoke the Tree-Pony.

“And who might that be if I may ask?” asked Warden, still holding Rarity who had calmed down.

“The oldest of us all... The Elder Tree...” spoke the Tree-Pony. “It might be better... That you pack your things... As we have to venture... Deeper...”

Twilight felt something in her, something said to her that this, thing, this Tree-Pony, spoke the truth. “Everypony, pack up. We are going deeper.” Everypony was a little surprised but also had that feeling it spoke the truth. Slowly, they started to break down the tent and pack everything again.

It took them quite a while, but eventually everything was packed, they turned their attention to the Tree-Pony who nodded and spoke once more. “If you want to follow me...”

They didn't had that much choice as to do it. The formed a line and walked behind the tree pony who started to walk deeper in the forest. Fluttershy was oddly enough the one who walked next to the Tree-Pony. The two kept talking to each other for hours. Everypony was surprised at it, but just let the mare have her way.

After a long walk they reached a place, which looked like the middle of the forest. “I must leave now, for I am not granted to come here... I wish you the best of luck... See that tree in the middle...?” the Tree-Pony spoke while pointing to a large tree, “That is... The Elder Tree... You are allowed... To go...” The Tree Pony left the group and walked back into the forest, only to disappear out of sight within seconds. Everypony looked at each other and nodded, they knew they had to go, there was no way back now. The all walked in, towards the tree in the middle. Hoping to find out why they were brought here, why they were needed.

And then they saw it, the biggest tree of the forest. “That, is the Elder Tree, the one who keep this forest alive and hidden.” spoke an unfamiliar voice.

“Wait, hidden? Then how, did we find it?” asked Twilight.

“Show yourself, coward!” Rainbow felt the need to get that out of her system, only in a low voice to keep quiet.

“That is something, you have to ask him, yourself.” said the looming, unknown voice and one of the nearby trees twisted into another Tree-Pony. It walked up to them and brought them in front of the Elder Tree, where they awaited patiently.

“Elder Tree, here are the beings, you wished to speak to.” a tree bowed deeply and so did everypony else. The Elder Tree sighed deeply and opened its eyes. “You nine, are true at heart, something that hasn't been seen, for a long time. I normally hide us for everybody, but you nine... Are worthy, of entering, and share its beauty...” spoke the Elder Tree with a old and deep voice. “Arise please, I am not of royal.” Everypony raised again and just looked in awe at the tree. None of them, had seen something so old, yet, so beautiful.

“But, there is one, more true at heart, than any of you. The one, with the pink mane and yellow coat... Would you, come here, for a minute, my child?” the tree spoke towards Fluttershy.

“He is talking about you Fluttershy.” said Twilight. Fluttershy slowly stood up and walked towards the Elder Tree, getting more confident of herself with every step she took, until she sat down by the big trunk.

“You, are truer at heart than any of them... I believe you to be the kind-” Before he could speak further a bright orb of blue and red fire came down and hit the Elder Tree right in its chest.

Everypony broke out in gasps as the Elder Tree slowly started to catch fire, other trees rushed in to help him, given their own water to put out the fire. “I wouldn't do that if I were you! It is a fire that get heavier with water!” spoke a voice high up in the sky.

Fluttershy looked up and her eyes, got filled with rage, nopony had ever seen this side of Fluttershy. “How dare you, how dare you!” she yelled at the voice. “Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Axel, Warden, Daring. Help them to put out that fire, cover it with something. I have business to settle up there.” said Fluttershy while she looked at her friends. Nopony could believe what she just said, but they all agreed to help. Fluttershy spread her wings and she was off, high off into the clouds.

As she flew higher and higher she encountered them, the very beings which set the Elder Tree on fire. “Trixie, Gilda. I should have known.” said Fluttershy. Trixie and Gilda looked at each other and started to laugh,

“Wait, wait, wait, they send you, to beat us?” said Gilda through her laughing, “What is it? Dash too scared to face me again?”

“Or what about Twilight or Rarity? Trixie would love to end them.” said Trixie chuckling.

“But we have to do with you.” said Gila as she whistled and more gryphon's appeared in full armor.

“Just who, do you think, you are, destroying this whole forest?” said Fluttershy angry.

“Ha! We only hit one tree.” said Gilda.

“A tree, just, a tree? That tree is the reason it’s alive!” said Fluttershy who was on her boiling point now.

“Trixie and Gilda do not care for a pretty tree, we want the big ones, all of you.” said Trixie. That, made Fluttershy snapped.

“I will give you a jackpot.” she said and she flew towards Gilda and Trixie, passing the other Gryphons and started to beat the living hay out of Gilda. “Nopony, hurts, a tree, while, I, am, still, breathing!” she said, now with flares erupting from those now not-so-innocent eye. Every punch, buck, and choke hold she gave was effective. At this point, Queen Chrysalis and her entire army looked like a tiny insect compared to Fluttershy’s boiling anger.

Gilda tried to fight back but Fluttershy was getting the upper hand. “Trix! Guards! Help, me!” Gilda yelled while Fluttershy was on the point of throwing her to the ground. She dropped Gilda and looked to the others.

“Come on then, mamma is angry!” Fluttershy said. All the other Gryphon's started to attack her, but Fluttershy evaded all their attacks and countered them with heavier blows. Punches, kicks, even headbutts were delivered, and soon enough the first Gryphon's started to fall out of the skies, landing on the ground below.

“What in tarnation! A Gryphon!? What is going on up there?” asked Applejack out loud while looking. “As long as Fluttershy doesn't fall down, we are good, right now, we have a fire to put out! Pinkie! Prepare your party cannon, I have an idea.” said Twilight while Pinkie prepared it.

“Though I do not see why you want a party now Twilight.” chuckled Pinkie.

“It is not a party, fire!” said Twilight.

“Why aren't I up there fighting!? Lemme at ‘em!” Rainbow Dash, cocky as ever, was held back by Warden’s magic hold.

“Not now, we need you down here.” Warden said under a loud bang of the party cannon fire. The wind generated by the ‘bullet’ caused the fire to weaken by a lot.

“Twi, I have no more ammo for it...” said Pinkie with a sad face.

“Doesn’t matter, the fire is weaker now, everypony, you know what to do!” yelled Twilight to all of them.

“Uhm, Twi, this Gryphon here, is out cold... You think... Fluttershy...” said Applejack scared.

“Fluttershy can handle herself Applejack, we need to fire out, now!” demanded Twilight. And they all went back to work trying to get it out.

The last wave of Gryphons was out cold on the ground. Trixie, who rides the weakened Gilda still, is out of options. “B-But... how? Trixie does not understand-” Trixie was the raging pegasus cut her off.

“Well TRIXIE can go back home to where Trixie belongs. And she can take her little pet bird with her before they both become snacks!” Fluttershy raged as Gilda helplessly fluttered away with Trixie. Fluttershy snapped and regained her normal attitude as she hovered back down to the others.

“Good job Fluttershy...” Rainbow winced as the others put out the remaining fire with dirt.

“W-Whatever do you mean, Dash?” Fluttershy said in her cute, natural tone. She clearly does not remember the brutal fight.

“What’s important is, you've all saved the forest, I, and all of the inhabitants. How may we ever repay your gratitude?” the Elder Tree spoke its words of wisdom.

“I think I speak for all of us when I saw that we need nothing in return. I believe it best to leave the forest so no one ever follows us in here again. This place is to remain untouched.” said Axel as he followed the six friends, Warden and Daring out of the woods. The trees and the elder wave their goodbyes. “Thank you... Fluttershy.”

“They told me I can be anything I wanted... so I’ll become a pegasus. When I grow up, I wanna be just like Fluttershy.” a young Tree said as Fluttershy smiled back at him.

All of them waved back at the trees and also said their goodbyes, as they started to walk out of the forest. They walked to the edge of it and kept walking out of it, eventually they all turned back, slowly seeing the forest disappear before their eyes.

Comments ( 2 )

2485314. :fluttercry::fluttershysad: such a touching comment

2487517 But all so true I am afraid...

Login or register to comment