• Published 25th Jan 2013
  • 2,240 Views, 29 Comments

Through the Looking Glass - Electuroo



Upon the mirrors peer through the looking glass to a mirror of worlds. A magical door way opens and new endless possibilites open up. What are the meaning of the mirrors and why are they appearing two by two through both worlds of humans and ponies?

  • ...
15
 29
 2,240

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 8: Preparing

Through the Looking Glass (MLP)
Chapter 8: Preparing

The sun rose for a new day and Rainbow Dash was still sleeping peacefully dreaming of being part of the Wonder Bolts and she felt the warmth of the sun as she twist and turn in her sleep and awake sleepily to the sun through the windows putting a hoof up to shield her eyes then looked over to the other bed to see Electuroo still fast asleep with his sleeveless jacket on the side of the bed.

Rainbow Dash thought of something and took it, she put it on and looked at the mirror “Not to snazzy I say so myself, no wonder he always look cool with it on, goes well with his fur and figure” she laughed softly and then removed it putting it back on the side of the bed. “hmm what this?” she noticed a book with the words ‘Electuroo’s Journal’

“Wow it’s his journal. I wonder if I should take a peek” she reached over and opened it up on the first pages as she sat there on her bed “First few days been a bit crazy, walking on fours, having no hands and crashing in flight attempts countless tries” Rainbow Dash laughed softly then read on “Found out about my signature more that what Rainbow Dash calls it and came up with the Thunder Bounce, could have a little bit more work to it I guess but sometimes simple is better than over doing it. Got to thank Pinkie Pie for that” Rainbow Dash closed her eyes and recalled the event and smiled as she looked at the words once more.

“I guess I should have a pad lock on it” she squealed in fright then turn to see Electuroo lying there looking over at her.

Rainbow Dash closed it “Yeah sorry about that, guess I got too curious” she laughed and about to hand it back to him.

“Why don’t you keep hold of it and read more if you like” Electuroo smiled and got down from the bed and stretched his four legs out a bit “Got to say sleeping on a bed isn’t as soft as the bed I have back at home” he then said “I got to add that to the journal”

“Yeah you sure do and you’re sure I could read it?” Rainbow Dash looked at the book then at Electuroo.

Electuroo smiled “If you really want to but there could be spoilers in there that could do more harm in reading then not”

Rainbow Dash thought about it “Your right, it best not to read any more, if I do I might regret it, thanks for the heads up” she put it into his bag walking over to him “Well why don’t we both cook that mean apple pancakes you can cook up and give it to all our friends and the princess?”

Electuroo grinned “I like the way you think Rainbow Dash and what did Applejack say once about us? Two peas in a pod?” he trotted out to get things set up and Rainbow Dash paused looking to his jacket then smirked

“Hey Electuroo how about getting one of those cool sleeveless jackets made for me too from Rarity?” Rainbow Dash asked as she followed him out.

He had placed the frying pan on the stove and turn to her “Well I already have and she said it be finished for pick up by next week it was going to be a surprise gift for you for all the help you had given me”

“Wow and I went and blew it” Rainbow Dash felt a little guilty by this.

Electuroo put his leg around her and hugged her “Don’t worry” he kissed her on the side and went over to the cupboards to get out the cooking stuff with Rainbow Dash placing her hoof on her side of her face “See I still surprised ya” he grinned

She laughed “You sure did and I guess that a thank you kiss or you’re getting all mushy with me?” Electuroo hit his head inside the cupboard and she just laughed as he rubbed his head and also laughed. Then they got to work in getting breakfast set up for the others.

Soon enough the smell of the breakfast caught the noses of all the other sleeping ponies and each one woke to it and Applejack licked her snout “Oh I know that smell from anywhere”

“Your right Applejack” Twilight said as they left their room and seeing the others comes out “Electuroo’s amazing Apple Pancakes with a real zap to them”

They all entered the dining room to see breakfast was just being finished serving up with Rainbow Dash and Electuroo putting the last touches to the pancakes adding chocolate sauce to them. “Oh my. You two, you didn’t have to go to all this trouble to make sure an amazing breakfast” Princess Celestia was very impressed as each took their places around the table and Electuroo with Rainbow lands side by side between Applejack and Pinkie Pie.

“It nothing at all Princesses, Electuroo did the cooking, it’s the only thing he can cook without it exploding” Rainbow Dash laughed and everyone did as well a little.

Electuroo rubbing his mane with his hoof was laughing about it “She right, I tried to make a soup from the ground up and well even following the recipe it sort of did all over me and Rainbow Dash, took us forever to clean up the mess”

Pinkie Pie finished her first with chocolate sauce on her nose and licked it off “This is really amazing, I love it!” she turn to Rainbow Dash “So how many breakfasts had Electuroo cooked for you? Huh huh? Tell us!”

Rainbow Dash looked a bit shy on this and replied “Ever since he moved into his new home, I usually come by to see if he set for our rounds and what you know he already making breakfast and made a little too much so he invited me in and since then he been doing it all the time, I tell him not to but he just ignores me” Rainbow Dash turn to Electuroo whom had a mouth full and eating looking to her. “Yeah I mean you”

“Sounds like he just trying to repay the favour for all the stuff you helped him out in, he did need your and my help to get those wings of his going and into the sky” Applejack laughed a little. “And great work on the pancakes they just as amazing as always”

He swallowed feeling a little hot “Well I just… well pancakes always something I was good at making. But it does get a little boring after doing it a bit too often”

“Then why continue?” Fluttershy asked gentle voice.

Electuroo looked around at how everyone was enjoying their pancakes “I guess it cause you all enjoying it so much and happy to see that something I can cook is well liked” he replied “I guess that why I do”

“My point” Fluttershy replied then turn to Rarity “How yours?”

“A bit on the messy side with the sauce running off but other than that it perfect” Rarity picked up a piece of the pancake with her magic and ate it.

“I know what we can do” Pinkie Pie then yells out “PARTY TIME!”

Electuroo jumped right out of his spot in fright as she pulled a party popper right in his face and bounced around in his Thunder Bounce and lands right in the middle of the table with the rest of the breakfast exploding outwards into everyone and Electuroo lying there all four legs fanned out and his eyes rolling “Did anyone catch the number of that Pinkie Pie…” he said in a daze

“Pinkie Pie!” everyone part from Celestia said looking at her and she started to giggle and snort then burst out laughing.

Rainbow Dash then noticed it and try to hold back her laughter but couldn’t and fell over laughing “What so funny?” Rarity asked and noticed everyone’s manes stuck up like it was shocked by a lightning bolt or when frightened suddenly for a brief moment. “Oh my” she looked up and saw hers “Ah! My mane!”

Princess Celestia was laughing as well even hers was frizzled “This is been quite a wonderful breakfast with all of you. But time grow short and we got a lot of work to do for preparing for our new arrival”

Everypony calmed down from the laughing and Electuroo slowly getting up and looking at all the mess “I catch up to you girls.” He saw this was going to take some time “Since this is my mess I will get it all cleaned up”

“Don’t worry we will help” Pinkie Pie said and he saw her in her cleaning gear

“How…” he turns to see everyone part from the princess was also set “I am not even going to ask” he said and they burst out laughing again

“I will see you all back at Canterlot” Princess Celestia leaves to prepare everything back at the city which is going to be a very busy day for her.

With everypony pitching in the mess from floor to ceiling was soon cleaned up and put into rubbish bags “Wow wee that must have been the quickest tiding we ever did” they looked around and Applejack was right but they just felt great that they finished all of the cleaning in not much time.

“When you have friends helping it doesn’t” Twilight replied “So shall we get going?”

“Right with you on that one, I can’t wait for tonight” Rainbow Dash punch the air with her hoof. “How about you Electuroo”

He finished up with putting the dried up dishes away and cups then look over to her “Yeah indeed, my friend be coming but remember when I arrived”

“Yeah right into me” Rainbow Dash laughed then saw what he meant “Oh I get it” she turn to the others “Fluttershy we going to need your help and you guys get to Canterlot and we will meet you there”

Fluttershy wasn’t sure what she was needed for “Where we going Rainbow Dash?”

“To the one place we haven’t shown our good friend yet, the place where we from” Rainbow Dash put her front leg around Fluttershy “We going to get a few well needed things from there”

Electuroo turn to them “It’d be my first for sure, never seen it either, well not close to it anyhow”

Twilight and the others took their move and left as they saw the three winged ponies take to the sky and head on out to Cloudsdale. “Alright girls let’s get to Canterlot, we got a long track ahead of us” then they turn to see Princess Luna.

“Do you need a lift?” she said with her Pegasus pony royal guards at the rains.

“Thank you Princess Luna” Twilight said as everyone hoped onto the charities.

Luna smiled “Anything for my sisters and mine closest subjects” Princess Luna took the sky and they followed via air transport by her royal guards.

Things was going smoothly now and Twilight was in deep thought over how would the humans on Earth be doing right now since their worlds laws, seasons and everything else was that slightly different to their own in a way that rather blew her mind to how complex things can get for those that lived on Earth making her wonder even more in what they would be doing to prepare for this.


Earth, London…

The timer hit five hours till the mirrors appearance but that wasn’t the only thing to attend to, for days they been keeping track of a deep area of low pressure and now it hit the storm was letting off quite a lot of lightning as well with high winds and heavy rain since it moved through the UK. Emergency services was stretched to it limits dealing with floods and as well as power cuts to towns and cities across the UK.

The General looked out the window of the command truck seeing how heavy it was raining and people that had gathered now seeking shelter from the rain and wind. “This has to be the worst storm we ever had… what was the chances that a typical storm would come right into us…”

“Well the speed and size it grew is something in question too” Maxine brought up the weather images for the last 48 hours. “As you can see sir this storm not only started to appear over the ocean like it did but intensified as we had our hottest day yet for September…”

Mich came through the door and closed it “Tell me about it” she said dripping with water “Didn’t weather reports say that it was 43 degrees and now it more like 5 degress…” she took a towel that Luna Flight picked up and she drying her hair and face. “This weather is not only out of hand but not normal to say the least”

“Haven’t the weather just been out of hand last year? Look how many homes got damaged from that” Luna Flint replied thinking about the heavy rains and storms they had.

General sighs “Rain or not we have to send you off on time young man, this is the fifth major storm to hit the UK since the new year”

“2012 came and went nothing happened and life went on part from my son disappearing in the end of January” Mich sighed looking out the window with the flashes of lightning and the rain falling still. “8 months and to him it only been one… it makes it seem so strange”

“I know what you mean Mich but at least you been able to talk to him” General put his hand on her shoulder “Now go and get something dry on” General turn to Luna Flint while Mich went off into the next room closing the door “Now how about your family how do that feel about this?”

“They not too keen on the idea but I have to do this and they understand my choice, they just wish that it wasn’t me and someone else” he said looking to the stormy view. “Wonder if their weather is horrible as ours”

“Knowing our luck, better than us” Maxine said looking over to him the back to the laptop to keep check on the weather that was right over their heads.


Cloudsdale…

In the city of clouds where they make the weather clouds for all of Equestria Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy had already landed at Cloudsdale and Electuroo just touch down behind them feeling a little uneasy for some reason. “Hey Electuroo what up? Something the matter?”

“Not that personally it just feels strange standing in a city made out of clouds mostly. How does everything that isn’t quite a cloud stay in its place?” he said looking around as he slowly followed them feeling a bit worried.

“There nothing to worry about, it perfectly normal” Fluttershy said with a sweet smile “How about you take a tour of the city while we talk to the flight school in lending us those crash mats”

Rainbow Dash liked that idea “Yeah why not. Meet us back here Electuroo in about 30 minutes” Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy leaves and head on to the flight school.

Electuroo looked around being very unsure what to do now. He took a glace over the clouds and saw the city for what it worth, with a glace around he was amazed by how the city just float there but all the sudden he felt a flash and was standing on a cloud but looking at a dark scary castle he stepped back a little looking behind he saw nothing but ocean from far below as far as he eyes could see. “Where the hell am I?”

“Well isn’t this a strike of luck, the very Pegasus Pony that been the talk of Ponyville for weeks” the image disappeared and Electuroo blinked a few times then turned around to see Soarin standing before him.

Electuroo frown a little then said “From that outfit, your one of the Wonderbolts right?”

“Yes I am, I am Soarin and you must be Electuroo” he took note of Electuroo’s appearance “Not often see stallions with your type of appearance my friend”

Electuroo thought about it “Guess so but never really bothered with appearance half the time to be truthful, just like being who I am… well what I am erm…” Electuroo thinking about it then shook his head “Sorry”

“Nothing to be sorry about” Soarin laughed “almost everything I heard about what you was before, since the arrival of a friend of yours right?”

Electuroo walked up to the end of the clouds and sat down “Indeed not long till he arrives, he came up with the name Wind Note and the appearance as well of what he may look like as a pony, he also told me that character in his story that sort of the Wonderbolts music and display division”

Soarin sat down beside him “Now that something to think about, when he arrives…”

Electuroo turn to Soarin “I just realized the one in the book that touches the mirror to bring him here is you”

“What? Me?” Soarin gasped

“Yeah sorry I kind of bad at remembering things that just said but I always recall things perfectly if I notice something like that” Electuroo said glancing down to the ground far below “I can see why this is the greatest city in the sky”

“Yep it is but I was wondering if you could show me this Thunder Bounce” Electuroo stood up and turned to him “I heard about it and would love to see it in pony”

Electuroo looked around “I am not sure it safe to do it here… there quite a bit of ponies flying around and don’t really like to attract that kind of attention like in Ponyville… I don’t even want to be famous… I seen what happens to those that seem to come famous and end up with that small few digging up all sorts of dirt… it bad enough that everyone knows who I am and where I originally came from not to show of some signature move that I can do…”

Soarin smirked “You have the right stuff Electuroo, even though you have caused attention around yourself you still keep to that belief of being who you truly are. So just show me one bounce”

Electuroo took a look above and sighs “Alright one bounce” He flaps hard and on impact cause a flash of lightning to form around him and he lands in front of Soarin in a burst of static electrical energy and cause Soarin’s mane and tail to frizzy and stick up.

He looked over at his tail then saw his mane from what he could when looking up, Soarin chuckled “I can see why it called the Thunder Bounce, that some move you got there, the way you can just bounce off like that using your hooves in split second reaction” Soarin put his mane back right and flapped his wings “I gather if I was to ask about if you ever thought of joining the Wonderbolts you would say you haven’t”

“That correct, sorry but I am not really into showing off my Thunder Bounce, when I do it kind of make me feel a bit wrong… I feel there a particle means for it, like Rainbow Dash’s Sonic Rainboom, she not only saved Rarity but you and two others, going faster than the speed of sound, now that what I think talents really for, something that really particle and mean something to that very per… pony” Electuroo said calmly to Soarin “So that my reasons”

“Completely understanding Electuroo, see you at the castle” he saluted and flew off.

“Alright see ya” Electuroo waves his hoof seeing the Wonderbolt do his speed move of cloud and lightning. “Show off” Electuroo laughed then took a look at his reflection “Guess he does have a point in appearance my snout isn’t as broad as most stallion ponies and my mane is definitely something of what a rock star have” he took note of the right side where his ear poked out through it. “I see myself yet I know otherwise it isn’t…” he turns to see Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy land in front of him.

“Hey Electuroo you don’t need to check your reflection out, you look cool enough already” Rainbow Dash said with a grin “Any how everything set and the crash mats will be there on time”

Fluttershy turn to Rainbow Dash “Yes but did we just see one of those Wonderbolts leave just now?”

“Yeah I think it was Soarin, was he talking to you by any chance?” Rainbow Dash asked and he nods “Oh wicked what’d he say?”

Electuroo thought about it “Well he seem to take notice in my appearance, guess my stallion pony looks are slightly differ to others, I don’t have that complete broad look that I seen many others have, but he talked about if I was interested about joining the Wonderbolts, I said I wasn’t that my own talents I rather use for particle means” Electuroo explained best he could

Rainbow Dash mouth hung at this reply “Say what!? You told him that? What up with you, the wonderbolts are the most amazing thing ever and would love to be part of their team!” Rainbow Dash said back slightly annoyed

“So you would rather show off your moves then use them for particle means like you did for that wedding and saving Rarity?” Electuroo replied calmly looking her in the eyes.

Rainbow Dash eyes darted a bit then she looked at him “Well you got a point there, I can see what you mean but how did you know about those things?”

“For me to know and you to find out” he teased with a grin

“Why you! I will get you to speak!” Electuroo using his Thunder Bounce jumps onto the cloud above then disappears over the edge with a lightning fast push off from the cloud he came in contact with. “Come back here Electuroo!! I haven’t finished with you!” she in a burst of speed chases after him.

Fluttershy laughed softly “Guess Applejack right about those two” she then flies off and follows them at her own paste.

Unknown to them and many other ponies in Cloudsdale a figure watched from the shadows of the weather clouds being made from the weather factory. “This could be a problem” she said as her horn glowed with her vanishing in a flash and for a brief second Fluttershy thought she saw a gold Pegasus unicorned pony with golden mane and tail before she disappeared and thought it was just her imagination and flew on after Rainbow Dash and Electuroo not knowing what she saw was something that had been around for a very long time and hold a very dark secret.

PreviousChapters Next