• Published 25th Jan 2013
  • 2,240 Views, 29 Comments

Through the Looking Glass - Electuroo



Upon the mirrors peer through the looking glass to a mirror of worlds. A magical door way opens and new endless possibilites open up. What are the meaning of the mirrors and why are they appearing two by two through both worlds of humans and ponies?

  • ...
15
 29
 2,240

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15: Stardust and Angel

Through the Looking Glass
Chapter 15: Stardust and Angel

Another great start for the day for everyone in Ponyville as Stardust took a walk through town carrying sack with her cutie mark on it part of the belt as she walked on as shops started to open and stalls moved into place, for the last few days she seem to be getting well known to the ponies of Ponyville but she seem to have almost too much free time at the moment at it was starting to get to her since she always been very active even for her own age.

Applejack with Applebloom was serving apples at a cart they brought over from Sweet Apple Acres to sell some of their prime apples “Morning Stardust how can ah help ya today? We got a lot of nice juicy apples for sale”

Stardust looked at the selection of apples and saw what she meant by nice juicy apples then sighed a little “What the matter?” Applebloom asked seeing the look on her face. “Everypony should be happy it a nice sunny day, Electuroo and Rainbow Dash cleared the skies as they was suppose to”

Stardust smiled a little “It not that at all, just have too much free time on my ha… hooves at the moment. I rather keep myself busy but when I inquired for some jobs many said they wouldn’t dare hire such a noble” Stardust explained to them “But I am not a noble before you ask… since I was 16 I been a very hard worker even when raising my kids which isn’t easy I might add, then got back into work after some thought I was cheating the system.” Stardust continued to talk as they listened “I worked at a restaurant as a Customer Care assistant but since here I just walk around with nothing to do not even house work since I currently been staying at the Hay and Stay hotel till they find me a place of my own”

Applejack turn to Applebloom hearing her story then smiled together “Sugar cube, ah know this might sound strange but how about after we done here this morning ya come back with us to Sweet Apple Acres and see how much of a hard worker y'all really are” Applejack said to her.

Stardust looked down slight at her “Your serious and not pulling my a… tail… these new pronouns going to drive me crazy…”

Applebloom laughed “Just like Electuroo when he first came and when my sister says something like that she really means it”

Stardust thought about it and put a hoof out to Applejack “Then I am as my kids say it… I am game”

Applejack spit on her hoof and expected the same disgust look but to her surprise Stardust shook it “Well now ah must say y'all the first to not be grossed out by that, other then Rainbow Dash.”

“When you seen a lot of westerns you get an idea what a deal intails” Stardust replied then turn to leave “I be round after lunch, I was on my to Twilight’s for some magic training since I have this now” the horn shimming a little then the magic glow went “I been sort of holding it back since I have no idea what kind of magic I have and how far it goes since it not normal every day magic”

“That the stardust crystal isn’t it? Which why ya cutie mark and that really cool mane and coat is silver” Applebloom wasn’t the one to not out spoken things she thought and wanted to say what she thought.

Stardust felt happy talking to them “I guess so but also amazing how I feel and look for someone that over 50” they blinked “Seriously”

Applejack smirked with a crossed front legs “Well since Princess Celestia been around for over 1000 years ah can see that not a surprise, y'all most likely out live all of us”

Stardust thought about what she said then about her kids “Outlive… that would mean I would still be looking young while I watch my own children grow old…”

Applejack saw what she said “Oh my ah didn’t realise ya didn’t know that… ah shouldn’t of said anything ah just made things a lot more worse then ah should of…” Applejack was now feeling bad at what she said but Stardust turn to her.

“It not your fault this all happened Applejack but thank you for letting me know about it now then later in life, for now we live in the present and the future always a unknown. No one perfect if they where then what the point in living?” Stardust spoke softly to her.

Applejack laughed a little “Y'all to right on that Stardust and ah couldn’t disagree with ya for a second, Twilight knows more about Alicorn then anyone else since she got a whole library she lives in”

Stardust waved her hoof “Thank you Applejack, Applebloom. Take care and see you two later on this afternoon”

Soon as she was gone Applebloom turn to her big sister with a annoyed look “That wasn’t cool Applejack”

“How was ah suppose to know about how long Celestia been around?” Applejack replied in defence

Applebloom rubbing her hoof on the dirt “Yeah ah guess ya right sis but she seem to be real nice though and wonder how much of a hardworker she is”

“If what she said is true then ah think she a very hard worker” Applejack respected that and went on back to selling apples.

Stardust arrived at Twilight’s home looking up she still was amazed that it was tree she lived in “This still going to take some getting use to” she knocked on the door with her hoof

“Coming” she then saw the door open and Twilight standing there “Oh hi Stardust your early”

Stardust still getting use to being taller then almost everyone including her son looked at Twilight “I always try to get to places early never one for being late to anything…”

“Fair enough, come on in” Twilight let her enter and upon inside Stardust saw what Applejack meant by a library with all the books stacked up full at each corner of shelving. “Me and Spike just finished putting the books back into order when you arrived”

Stardust scanned some of the books she saw “Is it me or some of these books to do with magic?”

“Yeah most come from my home in Canterlot which I was studying before coming here to learn about the magic of friendship for the Princess” Twilight replied pulling out a basic magic book with her horn and lands before them. “You ever thought of living there since you’re an Alicorn pony”

Stardust shook her head “Sorry but when I heard it mostly posh I declined instantly, I lived in a big city once the capital of the United Kingdom that had it posh and working areas all over the city but you still had a amazing train network like no other in the world, the London Underground which was trains running on electric rails throughout the underground of mostly the north side of London which almost all the business, shops and most famous landmarks are” Stardust trailed off talking about how London was “It still had it problems with violence, thugs and such, nothing truly perfect”

“Wow that sounds quite the place, it sounds similar to Manehatten that sits on the east cost of Equestria” Twilight pulled out another book and showed the pictures.

Stardust laughed a little “Not at all that looks more like New York City specially that statue of yours, turn into a humanoid lady holding a touch in one hand and a book in the other then you got the Statue of Liberty”

“Wow that really cool a shame we had to destroy that storage device” Twilight felt rather annoyed by the fact so much was lost.

Stardust thought about it “I know how you feel but it was safer since if Goldenmare got hold of something like that think what she could do to Earth with their limit knowledge of magic to this world”

Twilight turn to her “Your everypony what Electuroo spoke of about you” Twilight turn back to the book on magic “So shall we begin with the basics?”

Stardust closed her eyes with a nod then open them “Please do so, I rather learn more about control it then keeping it all sealed up… a outburst might be more dangerous otherwise” Stardust sat beside Twilight and she begins the lessons with Stardust.


Rarity…

Rarity was at her workroom of Carousel Boutique working on some new dresses for some costumes when Fluttershy came in “I hope I am not disturbing you, I got some of the slicks you wanted” Fluttershy spoke in her shy voice

Rarity turn with her glasses on her snout with a smile she whisked them up with her magic and looked “My this is grand, thank you for doing this for me Fluttershy, I must make you something nice in return”

Fluttershy looked a little unsure “If you really want to, I don’t want to get in the way of your work Rarity”

“Oh come now whenever your in the way of my…” suddenly they heard a mighty crash from outside and both look out the window to see Angel, Electuroo’s sister pinning a Stallion Earth Pony to the ground with what Rarity could describe was utter rage. “Lets see what going on out there” both of them quickly left and was outside to hear it.

Angel was still fuming “So you wanted to steal my bag did you buster! Not a chance! That my stuff got me!” he nods very fast with fear “Luckily I am going to let you off and don’t call the police on this”

“Thank you thank you!” he got up as she moved and he dashed off in a hurry.

Rarity was amazed so was Fluttershy “My you must believe that roughin wouldn’t do it again”

“When you got me around they won’t” she smirked then turn to Rarity “Sorry about that any way, he took my bag and try to make a run for it, thanks to these cool wings I got him in no time flat, but my drawings are ok I think”

Fluttershy came over “Let me help Angel” she assisted with the pick up of the rolled up papers and put them back in the bag “You know I have a bunny called Angel to, he got a bit of a attitude”

Angel laughed a little “Then don’t get us in the same room or you going to get both of us looking at ya wondering who your talking to” Fluttershy found it funny to and laughed as well.

Rarity walked over to one paper that was still on the ground and helped pick it up with her magic “I can see what Electuroo meant by you. Sweet if not pushed and then a mare that don’t take any roughin likely and defend herself and her gear” Rarity spoke then open the drawing to have a look at it and eyes widen “T-this is a outfit, it not like the dresses I made it looks like something for a girl that isn’t girlish if you get want I mean”

Angel turn to Rarity “Yeah when I had hands and not hooves before the whole Goldenmare thing in my spare time I draw drawings of costumes I would wear to the anime expo in London, there you got all crazy get ups of all kinds like my bro’s Electuroo fursuit the kangaroo one you might seen images off” Angel explained herself about the drawings and what she did back at home “I also know a lot about using a sewing machine and making things from the ground up though, it was all in the courses I took at Uni”

Rarity thought about what she said and seen that funny picture of Electuroo when he was human wearing that fursuit which was the start of Electuroo but kept the name since being here since it worked for him being a bouncing lightning bolting Pegasus pony. “Now dear you said you had experience in sewing machines? And this get up as you call it is amazing, simple yet shows a artistic flare that I rarely see in a Pegasus pony” Rarity turn to her shop “I know. Lets talk more inside shall we?”

“Ok” Angel shrugged and follows Rarity and Fluttershy inside

After a few minutes being in there and looking around Angel came up to the dresses “Urg… pink” she instantly said making them look “Sorry I can put up with it with the ponies but dresses not a chance, I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing this thing”

Rarity laughed a little seeing that everything Electuroo had said about her matched to a T from the hate of pink clothing and explaining that pink ponies or pink manes and tails are just fine by her but not if she had to wear anything pink. “Each have their own tastes my dear, this is for a bride in Canterlot whom has a fondness of pink. I just do what the costumes want and I guess with all those lovely drawings you got there are for something in mind?”

“Wow you really are quick” Angel said and pulled out the rest from her bag and showed each to Rarity

Fluttershy watched and thought of something “You know Rarity, Angel still haven’t found a job why don’t you do a try out for Angel to be your assistant while Sweetie Bell not around”

Rarity turn to her “A Pegasi assistant whom got style that I wouldn’t think of and helping her to use a sewing machine with her hooves would be a great idea, why Fluttershy you sure know when to speak up at the right time” Rarity smirked then turn to Angel “So what do you think? I am sure Sweetie Bell would love to hear stories as well from you and maybe if your good at cooking help her out a little without burning juice”

“Burning juice how is that possible?”

“Don’t ask me how she did it but she did” Rarity thought about it and laughed

Angel turn to Fluttershy and then Rarity “No wonder you all are those elements of harmony it really amazing how closely as friends you are” Angel then turn back to Fluttershy “I am going to take the job, I wonder if mum found a job yet” Angel thought how hard it been for both of them. “Being a Alicorn and all it making some think it just not right giving a job to her.”

Fluttershy remembered something “Oh I saw her talking to Applejack and Applebloom they was taking about something on the lines of a job, I think your mum going to Sweet Apple Acres this afternoon”

Rarity was working on the designs of what she saw with Angel’s drawing to see a quick muck up of how it would look at spoke at the same time using her magic to do the job “That Applejack for you, guess your mum had been a hard working all of her life?” Angel nods “Thought so, Applejack wouldn’t just suggest it to anypony”

“Anypony? Oh right forgetting it not anyone but anypony here, still getting use to the sight chances in referring to someo-somepony” Angel almost slipped again making Rarity and Fluttershy laugh and she couldn’t help but laugh too.

Rarity turn to Fluttershy “So my dear I was going to make you a dress remember, so what is it you like or shall I just come up with something?”

Fluttershy smiles “I always believe in your work Rarity do what you do and I will take it, the dresses you make are always lovely”

“Will do dear, see you at the normal time after I close my shop?” Rarity asked

“Oh yes I will be at the Spa will you join us Angel?” Fluttershy asked

Angel thought about the Spa then frown a little “Not sure never been to one, been to a hairdressers to get my hair cut and dyed but that about it when I was human that is”

“Since this be your first time Angel we will treat you to it” Rarity smirked

Angel nods “Alright I am in since it sounds like you two like it” Angel open her wings a little then closed them.

Fluttershy leaves the workshop and speaks “See you two later” then she was gone.

Rarity look to the sewing machine “Well since I got a new trainee lets get starting with the sewing machine” from this Angel could see Rarity was a hard worker and things seem to be looking up for her now and this brought a very warm smile to her feeling she going to be doing something she liked and prayed in the back of her mind that she would not be wearing anything that was pink.


Stardust…

Stardust and Twilight both walking towards Sweet Apple Acres as they pass by Sugarcube Corner talking while they walked “Your really got the hang of those basics fast Stardust I must say you’ve even impressed me” Twilight spoke with high regard to how quickly she caught up. “I kind of been wondering though, what was that magic you did to contact Rainbow Dash?”

Stardust thought about it “Not really sure, it just happened when I got anger with Goldenmare and my magic just spiked out of control at that point. But it did scare Goldenmare a lot though” Stardust took a moment to think about what she felt in the magic. “I think I could recreate it” her horn glowed as both stopped and Twilight watched

The next thing Twilight knew there was a flash of light then standing on what look like clouds but they was moving like fog or mist just around her hooves “Whoa…” she scanned the area and saw Stardust “This is amazing! I never seen or heard magic like this before but where are we?”

“Nowhere, we still standing when I did it” Stardust replied then they heard something and both turn to see a human wizard with purple robes a grey tunic and a purple wizard hat which white hair and facial hair part from the nose and top part of the face while he was holding a staff with a stardust crystal on it. “Merlin?”

“Who?” Twilight then realised “No you can’t be serious! The Merlin of Earth’s magic!”

He smiled softly “Yes and I see Stardust is catching on fast with her unique magic. Just don’t let it get to your head, not all answers you seek are of magic, I learned that the hard way so long ago” he walked up to them and placed his hand on Twilight’s head carefully “I sense a great deal of magic within you, no wonder you’re the Element of Magic my dear friend. I see why Princess Celestia puts a lot of hope in you”

Twilight was amazed again “How did you know!? Seriously tell me please!”

Merlin laughed a little “I can see someone gets carried way in their books and want to make sense of everything instantly” Twilight blushed and turned her head a way little “To your question I can see and hear everything that happened so far or has happened. I can not do more then that since I am nor alive or dead, I destroyed my own physic form to stop well… I can’t say more then that since things that yet to happen will have a bigger impact if I saw, things must work on their own since my own interference is what caused the mess that has me trapped in soul on these plains of magic between two worlds”

“I don’t get it, so your saying your not even alive yet you are? How is that in hoof possible?” Twilight was at a lose “But what did you do to cause this mess?”

Merlin turn away looking at the purple dark skies and images appear showing him at his height “I became blind with all the magic I had” then it shows the chaos in flashes that they couldn’t keep up most likely he didn’t want to show them since he couldn’t at this time “I do bring one advise to both of you charming young mares though. Don’t let magic be your source of power, let your mind, body and soul work as well. Balance it out and use magic wisely since if you do not you could become as twisted as Goldenmare, her magic is overwhelming yet she as you would say got her head in the clouds and only think of power” Merlin speaking smoothly to them both.

“I can see why our legends called you the Mighty and Wise Merlin” Stardust spoke then walk up to him “Still doesn’t explain why I got your crystal inside me”

“That is true; I knew what Goldenmare was planning and interfered there with the mirror she spoke to in Canterlot and fooled her to using it so you would become what you are. She sees you as a threat and that blinded her and made costly mistakes, she may strike again but this will be the only time I can talk to you two till another time. My magic isn’t as strong as it once was. I am just a echo of what I was” Merlin smiled to them “But I will give you this Twilight Sparkle” A book appears with a lock on it “This will unlock at the right and given time, it holds a lot of magic within so don’t play around with it once it opened, it very old so be careful with it”

Twilight took it with her magic “I promise”

“That is what I like to hear from the student of Princess Celestia and when you see her next tell her that Merlin still watches over both worlds from the clouds of magic that ties our worlds together” with a flash of light both was standing on the edge of Ponyville to Sweet Apple Acres.

Twilight looked up and gasped to see she was still holding the book “Wow… wow WOW!” she bouncing around with joy around Stardust “I got to see Merlin! Not any Merlin but the one and only! He even talked to us! It was amazing I loved every second of it even it was brief!”

Stardust laughed a little “I know what you mean I can see why magic is your speciality” Stardust turn to see Sweet Apple Acres “Strange I thought we was still close to Sugarcube corner”

Twilight paused from her bouncing around and saw this too “Wow your right and I don’t recall using my teleportation spell”

“Howdy Stardust ah see Twilight showed ya the way to my farm” Applejack came to greet them “So sugar cube ready to get y'all hooves dirty?”

Stardust look around the farm from her view then back to Applejack “Of course, I been through things in my time that get my ha-hooves dirty” Stardust turn to Twilight “Remember what Merlin said about that book”

“I know and I will keep my promise on both terms” Twilight replied still holding the book with her magic.

Applejack saw it “Wow that look like some old book ya got there Twi, ah never seen anything like it and who the heck is Merlin?”

“Oh just some powerful mighty and wise wizard from Earth that I got to talk to” Twilight trots off back home with her new found old book in tow.

“What on tarnation did she mean by that?” Applejack was a little lost.

Stardust turn to the farm once more “How about I tell you while we get things moving”

“Sure thing sugar cube and ya will get to meet the other members of my family that live here too” Applejack replied as they walked up to her home.

Merlin watched through the cloudy image sitting on a cloud of fog “I wish I could of told them more but doing so would put so much at risk… too much infact at least I could give Twilight something really special and hope her princess didn’t mind what I said. I may only once spoken to her on the night of the return of her sister but still all of this is my fault to begin with…” he whispered the last words with a tear falling in the mist below as he sat and watched from the unknown and unnamed realm.

Author's Note:

I thank all to that read this story so far and see it been viewed of 250+

Hope you all continue to enjoy this story as there still over another 20 or so chapters to come.

Yep the story already been typed out but posting it once every 5 to 7 days a chapter.

PreviousChapters Next