• Published 25th Jan 2013
  • 2,240 Views, 29 Comments

Through the Looking Glass - Electuroo



Upon the mirrors peer through the looking glass to a mirror of worlds. A magical door way opens and new endless possibilites open up. What are the meaning of the mirrors and why are they appearing two by two through both worlds of humans and ponies?

  • ...
15
 29
 2,240

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 23: The Ruins of the Isle Kingdom

Through the Looking Glass
Chapter 23: The Ruins of the Isle Kingdom

The ruins was huge and far bigger than they thought it would be, the six ponies and Celestia stared in amazement at such a place, they could see the castle or palace on the cliff to their left with a city below that look like it was a central hub for commons of all sorts, in the distance was a square that sat the very statue they heard about with what look like one of the mirrors they seen but destroyed.

As they continued to look they could see a stone bridge with some of it destroyed but still crossable to an island then three more in the distance all rather large with dead woodland from all the salt water, the mountains they could see most likely gave fresh water once a time ago for all these towns and cities but nothing more then ripped off roof shells with little or nothing left of what may have been inside them.

Twilight gasped seeing a flag on a stone wall it showed four pictures of Pegasi, unicorns, Earth Ponies and humans in some detail with a four point star in the middle “So this was a utopia of some sort 6000 years ago… Ponies and humans living side by side. The Isle Kingdom also known as Atlantis…” Twilight whispered with amazement.

Princess Celestia scanned the area from what she could see “I believe we should spilt into teams to cover a wider area, there is a lot of ruins and since I have only today to explain this amazing find with my little ponies I believe this would be the best option”

Twilight had to agree the time Princess Celestia had and being here was a honour but the ruins it self was huge, it would take about 40 ponies working around the clock to just cover every each of the ruins of this lost kingdom so she thought of an idea while walking back and forwards looking at the castle, the city before them and the island to the left in the far distance.

“Twi you got an idea of the teams?” Applejack saw her thinking as she walked the usually look she gave.

Twilight turn to all the ponies “Yes I have. Me, Rarity and Princess Celestia will explore the castle ruins, Applejack, you and Pinkie Pie will explore the city ruins in front of us and finally Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy can you two explore the ruins of that town to the left island, it look like that had a castle from this distance and most likely the humans lived” Twilight set up the teams and where they will go.

“Also we should be careful” Fluttershy said feeling the blast of wind

Rainbow Dash felt the force of the wind almost being caught by it with her wings and sent flying onto her back turning around she closed her wings “Whoa that was some gust” she got up and saw as the storm tail end was coming over them with rain falling now. “See ya girls we off to the island” Rainbow Dash took off with Fluttershy taking the chance with the gusts died down.

“Bye girls” Fluttershy waved her hoof

“Be back here before sun down ok!” Twilight called out and they raise their hooves as they heard what she said and flew off to the island

Pinkie Pie bouncing around “Come on Applejack we got lots of goodies to find, there might be some old cool stuff we can make for parties or keep or even keep and use for parties” Applejack and Pinkie Pie make their move and all the last three could hear was Pinkie Pie.

“See ya all later sugar” Applejack called out over Pinkie Pie’s talking.

Rarity look up the hill “Wonder what this castle looked like at it day”

“Something that to be proud of since this was the first untied lands” Celestia replied as they started to make their way.


Castle…

After a short track Celestia, Rarity and Twilight came up to a large opening with the entrance of the castle over what should have been the stone bridge but they could see blowing in the white two rather old and torn flags they could make out some of the shield they saw in stone. They stood at the edge and Twilight look down as some rocks fell hitting the waves below where parts of the land was still under water.

“Twilight dear look like we going to need your teleport magic to get across” Rarity said looking to the other side.

Twilight took a look at the distance “Should be simple enough” as she used it they all teleported back on the spot and look to each other then Twilight did it again and same result “That odd…”

Celestia looked around and notice a crystal on the top of the archway “Twilight that crystal”

Rarity saw it and was amazed how beautiful it was “Oh my we stuck lucky”

Twilight stared at it for a moment then remembered a writing about some crystals “I read once that some crystals had magic stored within them for defensive use specially the unicorns back in the times before Equestria was founded when there was a lot of distrust among all three kinds of ponies”

“So Twilight dear how do we cross over? Princess Celetria can not fly in this weather from up here” Rarity said what was true, they was quite high up compared to where they was when they arrived and the winds was gusting quite strongly.

Celestia used her magic and hit a weaken barrier then piece through it hitting the crystal and destroying it “I wish I didn’t have to destroy it… but it seem the only way to cross”

“Indeed Princess, it was a priceless artefact but something that like around Canterlot could of caused problems too” Twilight spoke and using her magic they crossed over in a flash and walked into a courtyard with stone and rubble all over the place with grass over grown almost all around the loose stone as they walked up the large doors into the castle itself seeing the trees also overgrown with roots in some places ripped up the stones.

One door was still standing while the other wooden one was flat on the ground as they stepped in to a cold and dull hull with a stair case splitting into two in front of them with some of the stone steps clearly broken away. “The sinking of the kingdom did a number of this place, look at all the pillars and windows…”

“Indeed it a sad sight to see such a place that was full of life now only the wind to echo through it halls” Celestia spoke softly at the state of the place.

Rarity instantly noticed a gold statue on it side next to what should have been a stone pillar where it should of sat on, she picked it up with her magic and was amazed by the detail it was a gold Pegasus pony “Oh my this is dazzling” she inspecting it “Part from a few dents and passing of time over this, it almost perfect”

Twilight saw it with a smile “I knew you be a perfect pick for the our team Rarity that the first amazing artefact we found so far and we not even explored the rooms yet”

“Thank you” Rarity said with pride “of course whatever we find goes to the Canterlot museum right?” Rarity turn to Princess Celestia

Celestia smiled “Indeed Rarity, this is history we discovering after all” They went up the steps with Rarity carrying the small statue with her magic as they continued the exploring of the castle.


Island…

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy was taking their time getting to the island that Twilight picked for them cause of the storm that was high above them, it wasn’t something Rainbow Dash was use to either it was almost as if the weather had a mind of it own and was mile or so above them. “Hate to say it but Marshal Hurricane job looks tougher then he says it, look at that size of the storm, it huge and very high up, lot higher than the clouds from Cloudsdale”

Fluttershy had to agree on what Rainbow Dash was saying since they did feel the strength of the wind “Oh yes it is Rainbow Dash, it really scary”

Rainbow Dash recalled what Hurricane had said “Marshal told me that these storms form by their selves and when they hit land, they get weaker and smaller till they no longer around. It sounds like the weather from Earth” Rainbow Dash then realised about the Kingdom. “What if Fluttershy this ocean is part of a system that works like Earth, no pony to control the weather, it just spawns out of the heat of the sun and form into big clouds and when they big enough they create these huge storms?”

Fluttershy was listening to Rainbow Dash and could easily see the theory and had to agree on it too “Yes Rainbow Dash it is, all the stories about Earth weather I heard from Angel, that the pony sister to Electuroo that is. She talk about how he always watch the weather and really keen on seeing the weather patterns, that maybe why he took to the job you helped him get with ease”

Rainbow Dash grinned as they arrived at the island landing on the shore to see a town for sure covered in seaweed here and there with most of the roofs completely gone “Heck yeah, he amazing at the job. We even get our duties done and get to talk about weather. He told me once that he watch a tornado form from under a cloud and he was staring at it as it touched down for a few seconds and described it as if it was the most coolest thing ever and the way he puts the story together makes it 20% cooler”

Fluttershy listening to her as they walked could easily tell that Rainbow Dash and Electuroo enjoyed each other’s company. “Oh Rainbow Dash look it that castle that Twilight caught eyes on” Fluttershy said in her quiet voice pointing a hoof to it.

“Whoa now that is cool.” Rainbow Dash looking up “It not only big but some of those towers are tall and look intact.” Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy walked closer to it, they walked under the arch to find a courtyard with sea plants all over with salt water still on the stones. “Shall we go in?”

Fluttershy look up as the rain fell “If it gets us out of the wind and rain then I say yes”

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy entered to come into a large hall with two doors to the left and right and one huge one in front they went to the big one and push together to open it. They came into what look like some sort of meeting room with a large round table in the middle with chairs mostly rotten away with seaweed on most of them. “Grah this place smells like a ocean…” Rainbow Dash put her hoof over her snout coughing a little.

Fluttershy went over to armour that was well rusted but it was human shape “Look Rainbow Dash I think this is a knight’s armour”

Rainbow Dash came over coughing a little then her eyes widen at the armour “Whoa Fluttershy your right, I bet this armour was cool… scratch that 20% cooler when it was at it prime 6000 years ago” Rainbow Dash was a bit unsure to touch it since it looked well and truly rusted up. “This must be the Knights of the Round Table that I found in one of those human books Twilight got her hooves on”

“Sounds really scary if you ask me” Fluttershy didn’t like the sound of the title.

“Oh Fluttershy it only what they called this place, it was King Arthur’s best Knights, you know like the Princess’s guards in Canterlot” Rainbow Dash turn to Fluttershy

She saw what Rainbow Dash meant “Oh the human version of guards, that interesting, do you think we can find the throne?”

“Who knows Fluttershy we only explored one room and got a good start on this” Rainbow Dash went to the next door with Fluttershy and pushed it open moving on out of the round table room to a corridor seeing the busted windows with wind hollowing through it, this gave Fluttershy the creeps but kept going with Rainbow Dash though.


City Ruins…

Pinkie Pie and Applejack entered the city square coming up to the gold statue first by what look like a ruined remain of a mirror, they taking a look around which they could easily see this place was a place of commons with the shape of the building remains. “ah’m wonder how much business was done here once a time ago?” Applejack walking over to one and saw nothing to really tell what the place sold.

Pinkie Pie hoping around splashing in puddles for fun noticed a necklace she picked it up with a hoof, the chain had seen better days but the jewel incased in gold was still intact “Oooo pretty”

Applejack saw what she found in one of the buildings “Well I’ll be ya found something from the past sugarcube, good work”

“Yep I did” Pinkie Pie grinned then they turn to the gold statue “Do you think that Prince Typhoon?”

“Prince who now?” Applejack blinked with a slight confused look.

Pinkie Pie smiled “Oh I saw something of the past and that was of the past, the prince got turn into a gold statue by his meanie big sister Queen Goldenmare as she sunk all the islands” Pinkie Pie explained to Applejack.

Applejack stared at the station “So it was a back stab by his own big sister… now that darn right unjust and unfamily like…” Applejack notice a stone box with a orb marking on it by the smashed up mirror frame “That strange this has my cutie mark imprinted on it, do ya think this here orb would work on it?”

Pinkie Pie looked at it herself “What the harm in not trying?”

Applejack took her orb and placed it in the slot, they watched the orb glow with an outline of energy coming from it and around the box through the groves then it opens up to show what look like a robe that look like it part of a greater whole and Pinkie Pie realised what it was. “Well now isn’t that something. It a robe that over 6000 years old and look as new as if no time has past at all”

“Oh it part of the Prince’s outfit, there a robe, armour, jewel, helmet and front leg braces showing his cutie marks on each of them.” Pinkie Pie explained “All put together by magic” she finished and made Applejack stare at her.

Applejack then smirked “Then we going to have to find yer orb slot sugar and get the next piece”

“Oh cool a treasure hunt!” she placed a bowl hat that would be seen by explores wearing in jungles “Come on Applejack let hunt for that treasure”

Applejack shook her head and took the robe placing it in her bag “Alright Pinkie Pie lets find it”


Castle…

Rarity had found what seem to be the vault of the castle an old place to keep treasures and as she feared it had been all taken. “Oh my this place must have been full of gold, rubies and all sorts of wonderful things once a time a go” she walked through exploring for any side of any sort of gold and found some all piled together in front of a chest. “Oh my so there is some left”

She used her magic to lift the gold up all together and about to leave when something caught her eyes the chest seem to be enchanted by magic but the lock made her frown it looked like her cutie mark. “Now isn’t that something it look like the shape of the orb is” then she thought about it “Maybe there something extra special that I am suppose to find”

Rarity put the gold down and used her magic to move the orb from her bag to the slot and as it came into contact the chest glowed with the groves shimmering with energy then the sound of it unlocking. Upon opening it she gasped as what she saw. “Oh my this is the most amazing and beautiful jewel I ever seen.”

Rarity look at the markings on it showing a swirl with a two bolts through it “That look like the cutie mark of that statue in the city square. I wonder if this jewel is in fact royalty in nature” she put it away for now and went to find the others forgetting about the pile of gold and other jewels.

Celestia and Twilight was in what would be called a library yet almost every book and scroll there was so old that there was nothing on the pages if they managed to open them without the pages turning to dust from the age. “There so many books yet almost nothing in them to help us… only if we was here about 3000 years ago, then maybe these books would shed more light”

Celestia sighed as another had nothing “Age comes at a price for ruins Twilight, it amazing that we found these in the first place even if there nothing in them” Celestia moved one and there was a click the next thing they knew the floor around them glowed and then a flash they was standing in another location of the castle with dust blowing out from the blast of the teleportation.

“Princess what did you do?” Twilight was startled looking around for how they got there.

“I don’t know all I did was pick this book up and then we was here my faithful student…” Celestia scan the area and notice a telescope of a very old yet similar to what they use now. “From the look of things we in a study and it seem this kingdom was a head of it time as well.”

Twilight saw a book case sealed with a book that look rather old but perfectly in one piece “Princess Celestia look what I found, it a magic book of some sort but it sealed in this case, my magic can not open it”

Celestia tried but nothing happened “It must be protected by some sort of…” Celestia notice the orb marking slot. “Twilight your orb put it here”

Twilight saw what Celestia was pointing to with her hoof and did so, placing it on the slot the book case shined with light and dimmed with the case opening up “Whoa… how can someone know about me before I was even born…” Twilight took the book and notice a piece of paper in the page, she opened the book up and took the paper.

“The writing look like the one in the tunnel Twilight, please read it” Celestia was very interested by this discovery.

Twilight nods and start to read it.

To the star flank magical pony…

If your reading this it mean that events that I have tried to fight for so long now has happened and my home and kingdom just resurfaced as a waste land ruins… I have seen events to come and fear my time grow short when my laughter and magic will come to an end. I have taken all of my brothers armour and sealed them away using the elements symbols that I have seen in my dreams, I wish I could still be the Queen everyone and every pony gotten to know for countless years. I took into my own hooves to remember every birthday, special event and so on to make my subjects happy and to remember every single name.

But as you read this you most likely faced me already and seen how twisted and dark I’ve became, believe me this is not what I truly am, I am a care free pony whom loves to see every friend and family member happy and it feels me with joy but lately a darkness has came and I fear my happiness will end. Please free my baby brother from the magic that I placed upon him… go into the realm of dreams and bring him back, you and your five friends are the only ones that can make it happen…

From Queen Goldenmare

Twilight saw the spell and gasped “The spell to travel physchically into the realm of dreams” she read and then turn to Celestia “So everything we knew of Goldenmare is only a darkness that taken hold of her for this long?”

“Yes it seem so, a very powerful and evil magic that even the elements of friendship couldn’t help protect her from…” Celestia said with a sadden voice. “She seem to sound like a very wise and good ruler of the Isle Kingdom” Celestia turn to the window and look out to the stormy skies “She fore seen her own darkness and yet only thing she could do is seal her brother’s armour away.”

Twilight thought about it “Pinkie Pie did say something about a prince, could it be that gold statue?”

“Yes I believe so, it was Prince Typhoon if I remember right” Celestia felt the need to help “I will find Rarity, take the book to the city centre. I will be there shortly with Rarity”

“Yes Princess” Twilight ran down the stairs carrying the book with her horn magic.

Celestia turn to the skies “I just hope we not to late…”


Island castle…

Fluttershy was wondering around seeing that some sea turtles moving along the floor with crabs “Oh I am so sorry that your home was moved. I will try to make it right ok?” they nod and carried on their way.

She flew over to something that caught her eyes a stone wall that had her cutie mark on it with a orb slot in it “Oh this must be where my orb goes” she put it in and instantly the whole wall glowed

Rainbow Dash saw the glow and raced over to see it open up “Whoa Fluttershy what did you do?”

“All I did was put my orb in and this opened up” Fluttershy replied as they walked in to see a helmet sitting on top of a stone box with Rainbow Dash’s mark on it “Look like your orb goes here”

Rainbow Dash put her orb in and it glowed “Now that cool” the chest slid open showing a pegasi armour but a bit too big for Rainbow Dash but she knew whom it belongs to “Oh my gosh this is Prince Typhoon’s helmet and armour! It a royal pegasi armour! This is so awesome!”

Fluttershy picked up the helmet “Wow it very light”

Rainbow Dash picked up her piece “Your right this is light, it almost weighs nothing, wish I could have something like this, it would be 20% cooler than what the Princess’s guards have”

“Maybe we should take them back to the city ruins square” Fluttershy suggested

“Good idea Fluttershy, lets get going!” Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy leaves the castle through one of the windows and head back to the city to show what they found in their hunt in a castle owned by humans once.

PreviousChapters Next