• Published 5th Jan 2013
  • 2,983 Views, 33 Comments

The Defective Warp Pipe - Level Dasher



A creature named Yoshi lands in Equestria with a problem on his hands. Can the Equestrians help him get back home and assist him with his problem, or will he be delayed by means out of (or perhaps within) his control?

  • ...
19
 33
 2,983

Prologue

It was just like any other level. He needed the extra jump— I knew he would. The gap in level 3-2 was just too far for a clean jump; it happens. So I figured, just like any other level, I would drop below and run until I found a pipe that would bring me back to the Junction so I could be sent out in the next egg.

Problem was, I’d been running for about an hour. This wasn’t like the usual levels I faced with Mario— I usually got to a pipe within two or three minutes. The longest it had ever taken me to get to a pipe was in one of the desert levels, and that only took about 15 minutes. So… what had happened to the pipes? Had Bowser figured out the underground system and destroyed them all? I didn’t know how he could have… THERE it was! I was going to say! Well, this level definitely had the new record of the longest time it’s taken to get to a return pipe. I jumped— Geronimoooooooooo!

Author's Note:

For any new readers to this story, I should let you know that it was originally rated Mature— some of the early comments will reflect that. I have re-edited it and re-written it a bit: I altered the few scenes that required the Mature tag, but there is still a fair amount of innuendo, as well as a number of implied scenes and/or actions. While it was just enough to warrant the tag, the difference was minimal, so I honestly wouldn't bother, but if you really want, you can find the original (but not as well-edited) NSFW version [here].

This was also my very first fanfiction, so the writing is nowhere near as polished as most of my later work, as both my and my editor's skills have improved drastically since then. I decided to leave it alone after its final re-edit so we can see exactly how much our skills have improved.

Okay, 'disclaimer' is over; I hope you enjoy the story! :twilightsmile: