• Published 4th Jan 2013
  • 5,702 Views, 448 Comments

A Bell's Sonata Magic of Love Part 2 - MysteriousStranger



TwiShy with a bit of AppleDash, Sequel to Magic of Love!

  • ...
11
 448
 5,702

Epilogue

One month later…

“Dashie, would you mind passin' me that wooden board please?”

“Sure, beautiful!” Rainbow Dash grabbed a wooden board and gave it to Applejack.

“Thanks, sugarcube!” Applejack said before kissing Rainbow Dash's cheek and she started to nail the wood onto the wall.

They were adding a room to Fluttershy's cottage for Spike. Twilight used what remained of her savings to do it. They started to build it a week ago; Rarity offered to keep Spike busy, taking him to Canterlot for the whole week. They would be arriving that same evening, so they had to work hard. Pinkie Pie couldn’t join them because she had to take care of the Cake twins, since their parents left for the week, and Trixie left Ponyville the day after the wedding. She promised to write and come back when she could. Luckily, they were almost finished. Applejack just needed to nail the wooden table, and it would be ready to paint.

“Ah'm done! Wow, just look at this place… Ah can’t believe that we did this in just one week!” The farmer pony commented as she wiped her sweat away.

“I can’t believe it either! Spike will surely love his new cool room!”

“Ah can’t wait to see his face! We just need to wait for Twilight to arrive with the paint!”

In that moment, the door opened and Fluttershy walked in, carrying two glasses of lemonade. Applejack and Rainbow Dash quickly took them, thanking them before drinking.

“The room's already built? Good job, girls! Thank you for helping us!”

“That’s what friends are for, sugarcube!”

“Yeah, we wouldn’t say no to you! Besides, we all think that Spike needs his own room!” Rainbow Dash remarked.

“You are the best friends a mare could ever ask for! We're sorry for not being able to help much… I wasn’t made for this kind of work and Twilight isn't very good with hammers…”

“We don’t mind, sugarcube. Ah have experience with this and so does Big Mac.”

“It was nice of your brother to help us, Applejack.” The timid pony said as she took a look to the room.

“If we hadn't taken turns between days, we wouldn’t have been able to finish. Somepony had to stay at the farm for apple buckin’.”

“Yeah, but when he was replacing you, I got bored. He doesn’t talk much…”

“He’s always like that. He rarely speaks to anypony else besides the family.”

“That’s the point, Applejack. We're getting married in a month, that means that I will become a part of your family… Shouldn’t he be speaking to me a little more?”

“Give him time, Dashie. Maybe he'll talk more after we get married…”

“Speaking of which…” Fluttershy spoke as soon as she felt confident enough to talk. Both mares looked at her. “Sorry if I’m bothering you, but… Is everything ready?”

“Yes it is, sugarcube. Thanks again for accepting being mah bridesmare!”

“How could I decline such an offer, Applejack? I was surprised when you asked me to be your bridesmare!”

“Ah'm sure that you'll do a good job. Ah have full confidence in you!”

“Th-Thank you…”

“Twilight has been annoying during this past month and it's getting worse!” Rainbow Dash commented out of nowhere. “She insists on completing all the stuff on her list on time; I barely have any time to sleep!”

“Rainbow Dash, you’re talking about my wife!”

“S-Sorry Fluttershy, I didn’t mean to… Why are you laughing?”

The shy pony had started to laugh out of nowhere, stopping after a few moments. “I was just messing with you!”

“You just wanted to say the word 'wife,' didn't?” The cyan Pegasus rolled her eyes with a smile.

“I… Just can’t help it, it’s a beautiful word! Especially when I say it after 'my'.”

They heard a door open downstairs.

“I’m home, and I brought the paint!” Twilight’s voice echoed up the stairs. Fluttershy disappeared in a blink of an eye, but she was soon back with Twilight, helping her with the paint. “I told you that I could do it alone, honey!”

Since Fluttershy was holding the bucket with her mouth, she had to put it on the floor before speaking. “But I wanted to, I insist on helping you in any way I can!”

Twilight kissed her cheek. “That’s sweet of you. Now…!” She looked at her friends. “Sorry for taking so long, but I bought everything we need!” Only then she took a look at the room, realizing that it was almost complete. “Nice job, girls! Now we just have to paint it, and then we'll be done!”

“Thank you, egghead! It was hard work, but it was worth it!” Rainbow Dash said, lifting her wings and smiling proudly. Applejack muffled a giggle with her hoof. Twilight used her magic to give a brush to Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy. She then took one for herself. “We only have a few hours before Rarity and Spike arrive; we can make it!” They put their brushes in the air, yelling “For Spike!” and each pony took a bucket of paint and started to paint the room with purple.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

They finished with the new addition to the cottage with an hour to spare. They had time to take a shower and go to the train station to wait for Spike and Rarity. When Twilight and Fluttershy arrived to the station, they were greeted by Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and even Pinkie Pie.

“Howdy! Mr. and Mrs. Cake got home early so I can come see the new room! Rainbow Dash and Applejack told me that it looks great! Can I see it too?” The party pony spoke fast, like she usually did.

“Of course you can, Pinkie!” The lavender Unicorn said as they headed to the platform. They spent the remaining time talking about the upcoming wedding. The engaged couple were excited and couldn’t wait for the big day to arrive. After Twilight and Fluttershy's wedding, they felt ready.

The train from Canterlot arrived half an hour later and the dragon and the fancy Unicorn walked out of it alongside Spike. The group trotted towards them and made a group hug.

“That was a marvelous trip! I met some old faces over there and I was also asked to make some new clothes! Spike is just an amazing helper; I see why you love him so much, Twilight!” Rarity hugged Spike, making him blush.

“It was nothing, Rarity… Really!”

“You’re too kind, Spikey-Wikey. You gave me a beautiful jewel on your birthday, and you never complained about it!”

“It’s because I love helping others... It’s not a problem to me!”

“Ah don’t want to interrupt, but Ah think we should go before it gets too dark.” The farmer pony commented, glancing at the sky.

“I think you’re right. Darkness makes me nervous…” Fluttershy nervously said. Twilight nuzzled her cheek.

“Don’t worry, honey. You’re not alone.”

They started on their way to the cottage, Rarity and Spike passing the time with tales of their adventures in Canterlot. When they arrived, they quickly headed upstairs, covering Spike’s eyes.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Spike asked, confused.

“You’ll see… Pinkie, you don’t have to cover your eyes!” Twilight said, giggling.

“I don't know how the room looks. I want it to be a surprise to me too!”

Twilight sighed with a smile. “Alright. 'Shy, would you open the door please?”

“Sure, Twi!” Once Fluttershy opened the door, they led Spike and Pinkie Pie into the room. When they were in the middle of the room, they uncovered their eyes. Spike's jaw was wide open, and so were Pinkie Pie and Rarity's. Inside, there was a bed and a table. All his belongings were placed just to the side so he could accommodate them how he wanted.

“You really did a good job, all within a week!” Rarity commented.

“It’s super duper fantastic!” Pinkie Pie said, jumping. But Spike was still looking around the room. Twilight and Fluttershy approached him.

“So? What do you think of your new room, Spike?” Twilight nervously asked. The baby dragon turned to see the mares.

“My… Room?” He wasn’t sure if he had heard her right.

“Yes…” Fluttershy spoke. “Twilight wanted to give you your own room and I agreed with her. She used the last of her savings and with the help of our friends, we were able to do it…”

Spike looked between Twilight and Fluttersy while tears started to cloud his vision. He hugged them shortly after.

“Th-Thank you...! I don’t know what to say!”

“You don’t have to say anything, Spike. You deserved your own room!” The lavender Unicorn said, hugging him back.

“Dashie… Are you cryin’?” The farmer pony suddenly said. Rainbow Dash hid her face with her wing when she was discovered.

“No, it’s just that… I got something in my eye…”

“Sure...”

“Hey, I’m telling the truth!”

“I believe ya!” Applejack said as she approached her fiancée’s ear. She whispered something to her. “It’s okay if you want to cry…” Rainbow Dash blushed in response.

“We should celebrate! What do you say if I arrange a party here tomorrow?” Pinkie Pie exclaimed out of nowhere, scaring everypony in the room.

“Ask Spike, it’s his room after all!” Twilight said.

“Sure, Pinkie. I would love for you to make a party!” Spike replied with a smile.

The party pony hugged him tightly. “Thank you, thank you, thank you! I better go plan it, I'll see you tomorrow!” She said as she left.

“Applejack and I have to go, too.” The cyan Pegasus spoke.

“So do I. I will see you tomorrow at the party, darlings!” Rarity said as she left with Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Once they were alone in the house, Fluttershy spoke again.

“Are you sure you like it, Spike…?”

“I love it. I really appreciate this!”

“I’m glad to hear that, Spike. Now, I think you would love to sleep after the trip…”

“Well, yes, but I have something for you.” The dragon handed Twilight two letters. “This one is from Trixie, and this one is from Princess Celestia.” Twilight opened and read the one from Princess Celestia first with Fluttershy. It stated that her parents had moved out of Equestria because they couldn’t stand living in a place where two mares could get married, and the Princess of the sun sent her and Fluttershy her regards.

“Oh, Twi… I’m sorry…”

“For what? These are great news. They're gone and I will never see them again!”

“But they're your parents…”

“Not since the day they stopped loving me for who I am… Don’t worry, honey. I’m fine!” She hugged her wife, but she was lying. Part of her was sad. She wished that her parents wouldn’t have acted in such a way. She still couldn't believe it after all they had done for her. “Now, let’s read Trixie’s, shall we?” Twilight said as she opened Trixie’s letter and read it with Fluttershy. “Wow, she’s doing pretty well! She’s in Manehattan and says that everypony love her. She really has learned to use her magic better!”

“And look, there’s a picture at the bottom.” Fluttershy said, pointing to the picture. She was beside the Statue of Liberty, waving and smiling. There was something written under it.

“To my friends: thank you for everything! I’ll visit you whenever I can. I Pinky Promise!”

“A Pinky Promise? She's spent too much time with us!” Twilight said jokingly.

“I’m happy for her… I hope she comes soon. It's too bad she left the day after our wedding…” Fluttershy commented, sadly.

“I hope so too… What do you say, Spike… Do you…?” But the baby dragon had fallen asleep. Both mares watched him for a few moments before Twilight used her magic to put him in bed. Fluttershy covered him with a blanket. They left to their bedroom, being careful not to wake Spike up. Fluttershy got in the bed first and embraced Twilight as soon as she lay on the bed, quickly falling asleep in their favorite position.

Author's Note:

Now this story its officialy over, but I won’t stop writing, I have some plans and you will hear from me soon so… Stay tuned everypony! :)
Thank you Blue Dragon for all your help! ^_^
See you all soon!
Chapter revised. There should be less mistakes now. Also, looking back, I'm a bit ashamed of this trilogy. But, hey! It was my first fic. You can't expect perfection at the first try, right? :twilightsmile:
I also was new to MLP back then, so... :ajsleepy:
Thank you so much for all those who supported me and still do to this days! :pinkiehappy:
This last comment was almost entierly copied from my last Author's Note in the Sequel and final part, Northern Lights. I decided to repeat it here in case some readers doesn't likes OCs :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 139 )

Her parents moved out of Equestria? Talk about overreaction.:ajbemused:

Next Twi and Shy get foals, right?:derpytongue2:

Kinda copped out on her parents.

Also. Statue of Liberty? I expected some kinda pun on the name. Not just the exact same name.

OVER?!?! :raritycry:

SEQUEL!!!! :flutterrage:

Really cute epilogue. I like that Spike's getting his own room. Would be a tad creepy to have to sleep on the couch whenever there's some luvin' goin' on. :twilightsheepish:

I hope you'll involve Twilight's parents, at least to a small degree, in the next story, and I look forward to it.

Makes sense that it's over now, kind of sad, but it wouldn't be good to elongate things from here. It's already split into two 'parts', and a third might be a little too much. Regardless, I enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to what you have planned next.

2069878

Unless of course, you can find ways to keep readers interested. Whatever you do decide, I'll probably read it.

A great ending for a great story ^w^

I can't wait for your.next piece of work

And I also gotta give appreciation to Blue Dragon, because every good author needs a good editor. Good on ya!

2070054 That's why I'm writing something to her, to show her my appreciation! :twilightsmile:
After that, comes the final part of Magic of Love! :yay:

WOOHOO!!:yay:

(A trilogy?!:pinkiegasp:Can't wait!)

Very good Epilogue. I think im gonna reread the entire thing again from the first story and all the way.
Write a Sequel PLEASE!!!!!! Still so much that can be done.

Somehow, I thought the epilogue was going to be a letter of repentance from Twi's parents... oh well.
Can't wait to see what your new plan is!

Honestly the whole story was amazing I really hope that you add onto it some more in the future. :twilightsmile:
This epilogue was better than I expected for a number of reasons although the only thing I wish you would have included would have been a part at the end of the epilogue that skipped forward a month so we could hear how the wedding of Rainbow Dash and Applejack went. but nonetheless it was a good ending for an extremely good story, I can't wait to read what ever you write next. :yay:

2070437 There's a third part for some reason! :raritywink:

2069651
You would be surprised at how overacty bigots are.

Anyway couldn't Twilight have helped building with magic even if she is terrible with a hammer?:rainbowhuh:

2070513 They needed the paint... And I might have forgotten, I'm not perfect :twilightblush:

2070530
Hey paint is important:coolphoto:. Don't beat yourself up too much genius to expect a small detail like that :moustache:.

2070623
Yes, yes I say so.:rainbowdetermined2:

And then, the journey had come to an end, but it was a good one. :eeyup:

Indeed, I shall stay toned for whatever you write next ;D xD

Sorry I couldn't help myself, all I request for w/e you write next is an awesome cuddle scene xD

even though i am not a fan of twishy i will read both stories for the appledash:pinkiehappy:

2095625 OK! :raritystarry:
I'm telling you now, AppleDash happens on chapter 12 of the first part so you have an idea! :raritywink:

2104668 That wasn't the reaction I was expecting... :rainbowderp:

you know I think im liking trixie now
NO PLZ!!!:raritydespair:
BUT SHE"S SO NICE
ok you win good job the amazing story is finally over :fluttershysad:
but sceirously good job dude :twilightsmile:

2141173 Thanks, that was my intention! :raritywink:
I hope you like the third part! :pinkiesmile:

oh boy; more stories to read :pinkiehappy: question though; are you going to continue a story for the happy couple and perhaps even for the next couple :ajsmug::rainbowwild: :scootangel:

2345381 I don't like them either... When I read :twilightsheepish:

2347459 I guess you know the answer by now :twilightsheepish:

2368349 I do like possibilites :pinkiecrazy:

a great ending for a great story

Twishy and desire, makes the heart feel love's fire. :twilightsmile::yay:
On to the next phase!:trollestia:

3161618 You just keep reading, you will hate them even more! :twilightangry2:

3161984 Wow, you really like to read! :rainbowderp:

I loved it! I can't wait to read the next one, but it will have to wait till next week :derpytongue2:

3162349 It was my pleasure! :twilightblush:

3225914 Yeah, I would have done the same :twilightblush:

*cries*

So beautiful!!!!

3229062 I don't know, I just use it because everyone else was using it :twilightsheepish:

3229165 Thanks! :yay:
One more to go! :twilightsmile: If you want to... :fluttershysad:

3238276 I never said it was going to go into detail, just imply it. Which it did, later on.

Login or register to comment