• Published 21st Dec 2012
  • 5,233 Views, 194 Comments

Star wars: First contact - Da_Spy



A Imperial frigate orbits the world of Eqeastria under the command of a Sith warrior.

  • ...
13
 194
 5,233

We come in peace?

Nate listened for a sound: any sound. A breath, a footstep, or even a snap of a twig would suffice. He stayed immobile where he crouched, rifle at the ready, unsure if the creature outside had heard or seen him. Nate's senses were on full alert, ready for any strike to come at him.
After waiting for almost ten minutes, though it felt like hours to him, he relaxed slightly.
“Nate. Repeat, Nate, are you there?”
Nate looked down at the red blinking com-link, realizing he had turned it off. He groaned, lucky he somehow got it on. Oh, they were going to kill him! “Here, sir!” he answered, hoping he was not already a dead man.
“It's about time you answered your damn com-link! Anyway, we have multiple bio-signs heading right for the village, which is where you're supposed to be...” The commander's tone made him flinch; just mistake after mistake being recognized.
“Well, I ran into some... delays,” he said, sighing.
“Well, get to the village and find out what these creatures are!”
“Yes, sir!” Nate got up and headed for the door. However, he had to dive through in order to get in. To stand up in the small house, he couldn't even consider that, for he had to bend over almost a complete ninety degrees! Putting his hand on the door, he slowly opened it.
________________________________________________________________________________
The Sith slowly walked down the Corridors leading to the Engineering Bay, his black cape flowing behind him. Engineering had reported trouble, through they had been rather vague as to what, and now he had to see the problem himself.
'This better not be a waste of my time,' he thought bitterly, turning right to head into the bay. He entered and walked to the railing. Because he was on the fifth level of the Bay, he watched the four levels down below.
Despite it being merely four levels, it still looked like a long way down. There were a total of two guards and three Engineers; the guards kept at their post at the door while the Engineers were working at the console. Seeing him, the guards saluted, and the Engineers stopped and stood at attention.
The Lead Engineer, a frail man in his sixties, walked up. Dressed in a yellow fight suit, he bowed. “My lord,” he said. The other Engineers walked up, wearing the same as the Lead Engineer, something to protect them from electrical discharges.
One Engineer was a young man in his twenties, and the other was a large, stiff man no older than thirty. “What do you want?” the Sith asked, looking at each of them.
The younger man looked like he was going to faint. “Well, it seems the engine damage we are looking over should not be that bad.” He took a deep breath. “The damage should only be in the Power arks because of the Blaster damage, but in this case, well, it seems that some of the damage could only have come from the inside of the ship. From a low blast radius mine.”
The Sith stood there, thinking, So we have a saboteur aboard. This seems to be going downhill with each passing second.
Although he was deep in thought, he sensed it. There was a small feel of anger and pure hatred, not towards the Rebels, but him. The anger felt strong, like a violent, lethal intent. To kill.
“Everyone out!” he commanded with urgency.
BOOM!
His demand was just a bit too late. The explosion rang through his ears as his world exploded into heat and pain. It was mere seconds, and before he could truly process it, it was over. And the silence was unbearably painful in itself. He realized he was not harmed, though he certainly felt the heat wherever it was.
He looked around, searching for any severe damage. One guard far away, though on the same floor as him, was dead. The other was trying to recover. Turning, the Sith saw the Engineers, all fine, as it seemed, helping one another back up.
If it was an explosion intended on killing, wouldn't at least all of the Engineers and guards be dead?!
Turning, he realized what it was for. The supports for the far side of the level were completely destroyed.
“Everyone out now!” the Sith shouted.
The guard by the door reacted with rather impressive timing. The Engineers looked over at him, not immediately doing as he did like he wanted them to.
“Why is that?” the lead engineer asked.
The Sith ignored him. No sense in saving the floor and risking his life while doing so, he thought.
He grabbed a side rail bar. The platform shook as the damaged supports failed. The Engineers, understanding the danger, made a dash for the door. However, it was no use, for the platforms supports continued to fail them all. The far side of the platform began to swing down.
The lead engineer fell back, followed by his older air. Their screams pierced the air as they descended until they were both silenced by the sudden stop that awaited them below.
The younger engineer dived forward, grabbing onto one of the tables near the Sith that were sealed to the platform. He struggled to keep hold of it. He slowly began to slip, his fingers sweating in nervousness. Before he could think of other ideas, he began to fall, just behind his co-workers.
Groaning in annoyance, the Sith swung over with extreme speed, grabbing the young worker's hand before he could fall. The engineer stopped and sighed with relief.
The Sith worked his way up to the door where the guard, along with several others, waited to help them up.
“Thank you, sir,” the boy said, panting.
The Sith rolled his eyes and turned, walking towards the bridge. He didn't care about the boy in the slightest, but he did need all the manpower he could get. With the other two gone, he might as well have saved the final engineer when he could.
As for this Saboteur, he was already a dead man. He just didn't know it yet.