• Published 19th Dec 2012
  • 5,756 Views, 145 Comments

Crazy About Apples - Silentpegasus



One of Shining Armor's oldest friends has just been released from a five year stay at a mental institution, he ask's Twilight to look after him and a ceratin apple farmer begins to take notice of the stallion...What could possibly go wrong?

  • ...
7
 145
 5,756

Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Gear awoke to find himself in a familiar dark room, he got to his hooves he saw a dark green stallion with piercing red eyes glaring at him. He let out a cry of fear and backed away from the stallion, the dark stallion drew closer and began to speak.

Welcome back!

St-stay away!

Calm down, I’m not in the mood for your whining! I just want to talk!

........

Good, look you’ve kept me locked up here for four years! I think I should get a chance to talk!

O-okay..

Thank you, you remember this place don’t you? This was where I was born, right here in this room with HIM!

The doc-

Don’t say his name! He tortured us, betrayed our trust and manipulated us! Just like everyone else out there!

Not-

OH what ‘not every-pony is like that.’ Bullshit! the dark stallion said as he slammed Gear against the wall. Rainbow wanted to use you to increase her winning streak, Twilight wanted you to be an author, even Shinning and Cadence spied on you to get some entertainment out of your life!

What about-

Don’t even mention that little hicks name, she wanted you to fix that damn tractor. Nothing more!

But she said that-

That she cared about you? HA! No pony does who could care about a stallion with a fractured personality and psychological trauma. In here there’s nothing that can hurt us, nothing that can threaten us! We will live happiness.

Happiness for who?

For the both of us! I’ve always looked out for us.....protected us from HIM! That’s all I’ve ever tried to do! While you were sulking and crying in the corner I was on the front lines taking all the abuse he dished out! You know what your problem is? Gear looked in fear at the enraged stallion. You’re weak! You let yourself be used by others! Do you want to stop being weak?

Y-yes.

Then give in.....


Back in the hospital room AJ felt the stallion begin to move in her hooves she shot up in surprise and called the others over to her.

“Gear he just moved! His hoof it moved!” she said as Gear began to stir, his right eye began to open to reveal a blood red eye. His body began to jerk violently in the bed, Shinning began to restrain him while Cadence kept the girls back away from the bed. “What’s going on?”

“His other self is taking over! I think I can repress it” his horn began to glow a beam went from the white stallions horn to the green stallions head, Gear started to wail in pain and shake violently, Applejack broke away from Cadence and rushed to Gear’s side. “NO DON'T-” his warning came on deaf ears, as Applejack came into contact with his hoof she felt a massive pain shoot into her head, she soon collapsed onto the bed next to her colt friend. The other girls rushed to her side with worry in their eyes.

“What just happened!?” Twilight asked.

“The spell was suppressing Gear’s other personality, when Applejack touched him, she entered his mind.” the mares looked in horror. “She’s trapped in there until Gear let’s her out.”

Applejack woke up in a dark hallway, the air felt cold and smelt of blood, pain and fear. She made her way down the dark hallway until she came to a massive iron door. as she reached for it she was blind sided by a dark hoof. The blow sent Applejack crashing through the door and into the room. She looked up to see a darker version of Gear glaring at her with bright red eyes.

“What are YOU Doing here?” he bellowed. Applejack was about to give him a hug when she realized that the stallion standing before her was not the Gear she knew and loved. Applejack then saw a familiar green stallion chained to the far wall. He looked beaten and battered, the orange mare rushed over to him with tears in her eyes.

“Gear! Speak to me!” as he raised his head he had a blank look on his face, his eyes were blank and had a glassy look about them.

“AJ?” he said weakly.

“Yes ah’m here ah-” she was cut off by the dark stallion kicking her into the wall. Gear became enraged and started to struggle in the restraint’s. Applejack got to her hooves and saw the dark stallion starting to converge on her, the stallion grabbed her by her tail and whipped her into the side wall. Applejack started to shake in pain. Gear’s restraints started to give and shake from the walls. Applejack started to get to her hooves she saw the dark stallion coming closer, he raised his hoof to bring it down on the mare’s head. Applejack closed her eyes getting ready for the oncoming pain, she looked up to see the dark stallion’s hoof being stopped by a green arm. Gear grabbed the dark stallion and threw him against the wall away from Applejack.

“Applejack are you okay?!” he said as he helped the mare to her hooves, she backed away instantly in fear. “AJ, it’s me.” he slowly brought the mare into a hug and started to cry. “I’m so sorry, I never wanted any of this to happen.” Applejack returned the gesture and started to cry.

“Shhh, it’s alright now. Ah’m here for you, and ah always will be.” she then looked over to see the dark stallion getting out of the rubble. Applejack got to her hooves ready for a fight, Gear held out a hoof to stop her.

“No, this is my problem and I know just how to fix it.” Gear walked forward towards the dark stallion who started to charge with murder in his eyes. Gear stood in his path and waited for the blow to strike his face.

The dark stallion’s hoof connected with Gear’s chest, as he drew back his hoof Gear had grabbed it and drew him closer into a hug. The dark stallion stood there motionless at the stallion’s action.

“I’m sorry.” Gear said as Applejack looked at him in surprise. “I’m sorry that you had to bare that pain all on you own, I could’ve been there for you more. I abandoned you and tried to lock you away, even after you protected me from all of the horrors we’ve been through.”

“We?” the stallion said said in surprise.

“Yeah. We suffered and survived together........I want to show you something.” he pressed his forehead against the stallion’s head, Applejack was blinded by a shining light for a brief second. Gear stepped back for a moment to see the stallion wide eyed a single tear rolled down his cheek.

“What......was....that?” the stallion stuttered.

“A new reality, different from this one, with others who care about us.”

“LIKE WHO!” he said with tears streaming down his face.

“Like me.” Applejack then trotted up next to Gear with a smile on her face. “You’re a part of Gear and ah....love em’ so ah’l have to accept you too.” she wrapped the dark stallion in a warm hug. The stallion’s body began to shake violently, he stepped away from the mare, the room began to shake and crack, the asylum began to vanish and be replaced by a small town.

“What....what is this place?” he yelled.

“Home.” he said as he put a hoof on the stallion’s shoulder. “Our home.” the dark stallion’s coat began to crack, beams of light began to pour out of him a blinding light started shinned blinding Gear and Applejack. When they looked again the dark stallion’s coat was brighter, his eyes were still red but were less menacing looking. He glanced at the ponies who looked back with amazement.

“What just happened?” Applejack asked in confusion. The green stallion stepped forward towards the orange mare and hung his head in shame.

“I’m........I’m.....ssssssssorrrrryyyyyy.” he said in a stuttering tone.

“Apology accepted.” Applejack said in a happy tone. The landscape began to shake and the town began to fall apart at their feet Applejack looked at the two stallions. “What in the hay is going on now?” the two stallion’s looked at one another and nodded.

“Sorry about this AJ, but...” the two stallions then slugged her in the stomach, Applejack looked at the two stallions and then passed out. She awoke to find Shinning Armor and the others looking down at her with concern in their eyes. Applejack shot up and breathed heavily.

“What happened in there?” Shinning asked.

“I think I can fill in the blanks for you.” Every-pony looked over to see Gear awake and sitting up right. They all galloped over and wrapped him in a hug. Gear then proceeded to tell all of them what went on inside his mind. By the end every-pony was amazed at his story.

“So what happened to the other you?” Twilight asked. Gear closed his eyes for a moment, when he opened them again they were tinted red. Every-pony cringed back in fear

“I’m still here but not for much longer, I just need to do one last thing, and you’re all going to help me.” he said as he got to his hooves.

“What?” Shinning said as he eyed the stallion.

“I need to visit a doctor.” he said as he looked back at the group with a grin.