• Published 19th Dec 2012
  • 5,756 Views, 145 Comments

Crazy About Apples - Silentpegasus



One of Shining Armor's oldest friends has just been released from a five year stay at a mental institution, he ask's Twilight to look after him and a ceratin apple farmer begins to take notice of the stallion...What could possibly go wrong?

  • ...
7
 145
 5,756

Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Gear woke up and looked over at the sleeping orange mare and smiled, he brushed her blond hair off of her face as she woke up. She looked back at him and grinned, she gave him a quick kiss and crawled out of bed. The two trotted down stairs to see the rest of the family sitting at the breakfast table. Applebloom trotted forward.

“Gear ah just want to tell yah how sorry ah am for-” she was cut off by the green stallion raising a hoof.

“It’s fine Applebloom. It was an honest mistake, in fact if you hadn’t mixed up my med’s then I wouldn’t feel as good as I do right now. So I’ll call it even.” he said with a warm smile. Applebloom gave him a hug and returned to the breakfast table. Applejack and Gear sat down and helped themselves to some apple pancakes and started their usual day of work. Around noon Twilight and Rainbow Dash stopped by to lend a hoof with the apple bucking. The ponies took a lunch break inside the barn, they were joined by Big Mac, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. The ponies began to joke and talk, Sweetie Belle trotted over to Twilight with a curious look in her eye.

“Hey Twilight do you know how to get rid of ghosts’s?”

“Um......no, why?”

“Because we think that Sweet Apple Acres is haunted.” Applebloom said with a worried voice.

“What makes you say that?” Applejack asked.

“Well we heard some weird noises the other night.” Scootaloo said.

“What weird noises?” Rainbow asked.

“Not sure......sounded like loud moaning, it was coming from Applejacks room.” Sweetie Belle answered. Gear and Applejacks face turned crimson, Twilight’s jaw dropped and Rainbow started to roll on the ground in a fit of laughter. Gear looked over to see and enraged Big Mac glaring at him.

“Applejack......I think we’d better.......RUN!” the two ponies got to their hooves and started to gallop away from the group, Applejack looked back to see the large red stallion gaining on them.

“We can’t out run him.” she yelled she looked ahead to see the green stallion pulling a sheet off of a machine.

“We will with this!” the sheet fell to the ground to reveal a bright red tractor. “Get on!” he said as he got behind the wheel, Gear grabbed AJ by the hoof and helped her up, she wrapped her hooves around him as he turned a lever she felt the machine roar to life. They looked back to see the red stallion less than five feet away from them. Gear floored the gas pedal and the two ponies lunged forward, just in time to escape the red stallions pounce. As they sped away from the farm house, Applejack looked back to see that her brother had quickened his pace and was gaining on the two.

“He’s catching up!” she said as she tightened her grip around Gear.

“Not for long...Hang on!” he pressed a bright red button and the tractor doubled it’s speed in ten seconds flat, leaving Big Mac in the dust. The two kept driving until they ducked behind the apple grove. Gear turned the loud machine off and helped his mare friend down. “Told you I’d fix it.” he said with a grin.

“You did more than that! You turned it into a speed demon.” she said as she marveled at the machine.

“I may have added a few perks.” he said with a cocky tone in his voice. The two trotted over to a lone Apple tree in the middle of a lonely hill and started to watch the stars. Applejack rested her head on the green stallions chest, as the sun went down she looked up at the stallion with a smile.

“I love you Gear.” he looked down at the mare’s deep green eyes and gave her a kiss.

“I love you too Applejack.” the two fell asleep under the stars, leaning up against and apple tree.

Author's Note:

I plan on writing an epilogue soon.