• Published 13th Dec 2012
  • 477 Views, 26 Comments

Cast Away. - Blue Thunder



Lightning Flash is stranded.

  • ...
 26
 477

Home Sweet Home.

Lightning Flash groans and rolls onto his hooves. He crawls out from under his chariot and spreads his broken wing to check the splint. He grabs another piece of rope and ties it tight around the splint tight enough to make him wince. He takes a strap from the pile of cargo and makes a sling out of it, putting it around his neck and wing. He looks up and notices it's noon already. 'Wow, I had better start looking for shelter. It's going to be dark soon.' He sets off down the beach in search of anything he could make into a passable shelter.

About a mile down the beach and a quarter of the way around the island, he finds a tree. Now the island was covered in trees from the wide beach all the way up to the summit of the island, but this tree's branches where extremely large and wide. Some were within reaching distance from the ground but most of them were around the same height in the air, about fifteen hooves up. 'If i can find some way to get up there i could make a floor between those branches and be safe off the ground. But how do i get up there?' He walks around the tree until he comes to the back. There is a palm tree bent over towards the tree with only a short jump between the two.

Flash walks to the base of the palm tree and starts to shimmy up it. About half way up it starts to level out and Flash stands up, walking out to the end of the tree. He jumps onto a tree branch and slowly walks over to the trunk. 'Wow, this must be twenty hooves wide, if not more. This will be the perfect place to set up shelter. Now i just need some wood to make the floor.' Flash jumps down and heads back to the chariot.

When he arrives back at his overturned chariot. He crawls underneath and push's up until it's on its side again, then he kicks it onto its wheels. He walks around and examines the chariot for damage. 'Hmmm, one of the harnesses broke off on impact but the other one seems ok. I could load this up with any wood i find then pull it to the tree. Once i get there i can disassemble it and use it for parts. Good thing father taught me basic woodworking.' He goes out into the woods looking for suitable branches and such. What he finds stuns him.

Flash walks up to the little wooden hut. The door was busted off it's hinges but the rest seemed ok. 'What is this doing here? Who made it?' He walks inside. It's almost bare beside a small pile of hay and a book. He walks up to the book and opens it. All of the pages have been destroyed by water except the last one.

"Day 238. I've been on this island for 238 days. The lonelyness is starting to drive me crazy. Wilson won't talk to me anymore. He just sits in the corner and stares at me. I try to ignore him but it's hard to do, there's nothing else to look at. I've decided to build a raft and try to float away. I haven't started started building it yet but I will as soon as I have enough wood. Found a baby gater today. I named him George. He left me an hour ago and never came back. I miss the good old days when i could soar through the skys, delivering packages. But those days are gone forever. Without my wing, I'm nothing but an earth pony, not even, I don't have Earth Pony magic. I never had a green thumb or strength. Now I'm talent less and useless. I've run out of room in this journal and will be starting a new one."

Flash reads in silence. When he finishes he walks over to the corner and sees a deflated hoofball with a face drawn on it in what looks like blood. 'Hmm, so this must be Wilson. The poor pony that wrote the journal must have gone crazy. I wonder how he lost his wing and if he ever made it back.'

Flash looks around the hut. 'This wood look to be in ok condition. I can use this for my shelter. And that hay doesn't look to comfortable but it probably beats sleeping on wood.' He starts disassembling everything and over the next few hours he packs everything on the chariot and heads back toward the tree.

Author's Note:

20 Bits to the pony that gets the reference first.

Comments ( 21 )

Third chapter is done:pinkiehappy:. Writters block sets in:facehoof:. Need ideas to fill the gap between ch.3 and the ending:twilightblush:.

1794087 Thanks, I'll look into that. Have you real all three chapters?

Hey, I know that island in the cover pic!

1794132 you do? LOL what island is it?

1794133 I think it's Cacaui, a Midway island.

1794138 Cool. I like Midway. I chose it because it looked the best for this story.

1799452 FRICKEN WRITERS BLOCK, I can't think of what he does after building a shelter. I want to fill up at least a month before the ..... NO I WON'T REVEAL THE ENDING. But i will say that he doesn't die....... yet....... if at all........ ooooooo whats going to happen i'm not telling.:trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright::trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright::twilightangry2:

Anyone have any ideas for filler. Maybe an adventure or something........ WOOT INSPIRATION STRIKES AGAIN. Still want to hear any ideas.

1799452 WORK HAD BEGUN ON THE FOURTH CHAPTER. I have work soon so wont complete until tonight or tomorrow. I STILL NEED IDEAS FOR MORE FILLER.

Id give u some but since u wont let on about the ending:twilightangry2: i dont know if my idea would work.

Ps. Sorry for big delays, was at sea cadets tonight and other day i was at martial arts

Pps eleven more days till christmas

1800834 I shale pm you the ending.

As a rating so far this is what ill give it ... :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

1803375 ok totally off topic but OMFG RAINBOW DASH GOT ACCEPTED INTO WONDERBOLTS TRAINING CAMP. Lightning Dust got what she deserved.

I know! I bet she'll become a wonderbolt in next episode or two!

Ps. How do u reply to comments cos since Fimfiction updated itself i dont know how

Pps six more days till the end of the world!!!!!!!!!!

1804298 In the top right of the comment box there is a hidden reply button. It should appear when you hover the mouse near it.

1804305
Found it though i used my phone

1804368 The new episode has inspired me to do my Spitfire and ??????? ship story. Ill let you know as soon as it's up.

Login or register to comment