• Published 13th Dec 2012
  • 477 Views, 26 Comments

Cast Away. - Blue Thunder



Lightning Flash is stranded.

  • ...
 26
 477

Stranded

Lightning Flash groans as he slowly comes back to consciousness. He tries to remember where he is through a wave of pain. He remembers pulling his chariot with Thunder, then spinning and crashing. He tries to roll over but yells as another wave of pain hits him. He opens his eyes to see his chariot laying sideways in the sand, just in front of him. He manages to get his hooves under him and stand, looking around. Hes on a beach somewhere, although he's never seen this beach before. He stretches his stiff muscles, but stops when he gets another wave of pain. This time hes able to locate where the pain was coming from. His wing is broken near the base and hangs limply onto the sand. 'O crap, this is not good. That's going to take forever to heal, assuming I can get it set right'. He spots a strap from his harness and very carefully folds his wing up and ties it in place.'There, that should keep it out of the way for now. Now to check on the packages.'

He walks over to the back of the chariot to find half the cargo gone, along with the emergency beacon. 'Well there goes any thought of a quick rescue. What were those weather pegasi think, putting a hurricane in the center of a shipping route, especially with all the extra heat to fuel it. At least they seemed to get it under control fairly quick. Hmmm, I wonder if they called in the wonderbolts to help with that. Maybe mother is out there right now.' Although he knew nopony knew he was missing yet, he couldn't help but hope that maybe somepony would fly overhead and spot him. 'I wonder if Thunder managed to make it out of the storm alright. f he did, he could get news out that I'm missing and start a search party. Mother and Father would start searching immediately. But untill such time I have to survive, or else the only thing they will find is my body.'

Flash explores the beach he had landed on. About a half mile from the crash sight there was a fresh water stream, and further up a large cave. As far as he could tell there were no local inhabitants. He walks down the beach in the oppisiot direction and finds a large patch of berry's and a few fruit trees. He makes a mental note to gather some up later and store them where he could easily find them. As he's exploring he looks up and realizes it's almost night and he hasn't found shelter yet. He returns to the chariot and undo's the straps holding what is left of the cargo on. The cargo falls out and he pushes it into a pile out of the way. He then walks over to the underside of the sideways chariot and gives it a swift kick, knocking it upside down. "There you have it, instant shelter." He stacks the pile of cargo at the opening in the back of the chariot to make a doorway small enough to keep the cold at bay, but large enough for him to squeeze through. Standing back to study his work, he nods to himself, satisfied that it would do fine as a temporary shelter. He squeezes his way through the small gap and curls up for the night.

He's woken in the middle of the night by a strange shuffling noise, followed by some sniffing. He tenses up as he realizes the sniffing is coming from the gap he crawled in through. He could sense movement through the gap, but he could also get a sense of size as well. He suppresses a gasp as the thing moves past the gap and he realizes its at least twice as big as him. The creacher moves on eventualy but Flash doesn't get any more sleep that night.

The next morning Flash slowly crawls out from under the chariot, wary of the strange creacher from last night. He does a quick check to make sure it's not around, before jumping in shock. The creacher had left tracks. Tracks that looked very familiar. Tracks that were identical to Pinkies full grown pet allagater, except MUCH bigger. This gater had to have been twelve hooves long and four hooves wide. "O no. This is bad, very bad. Very, very bad. Pinkie had to build a special pen just to keep gummy from eating all the little woodland animals, and he was only six hooves long. O this is extreamly bad."

Flash follows the tracks back to the fresh water creek. The same fresh water creek that he had seen earlyer. The same creek that came from the cave. 'So it lives in the cave. That isn't good. I was at least hoping he would live further away then this but at least now i know where he lives. I'll have to be careful from now on.' Flash walks back to the chariot. 'I'm going to have to find a safer place to take shelter with that thing on the loose, but first things first. I'm going to have to set my wing before it heals wrong.'

Flash starts collecting what he needs to set his wing. He hunts around until he finds two pieces of drift wood long and straight enough to make a splint. He grabs a length of rope from the chariot to tie the splint, and a stick to bite on so he doesn't bite his tongue off. he hunts around for a medium size rock small enough for him to move but large enough to have some weight to it. 'I really wish i had some painkillers for this.'

He push's the rock over to the chariot and stacks the splint ans rope within easy reach. He lifts the rock up and places his broken wing underneath before slowly lowering the rock. He flinches at the pinching, but he knows this is nothing compared to what was coming next. Taking a deep breath, Flash leans away from the rock until the pain starts to overwhelm him, then he PULLS until the broken wing stretches and pops back together. He quickly grabs the splint and somehow manages to tie it even with shaking hooves and the awkward angle. He lifts the rock again and releases his wing, collapsing into the warm sand. He has just enough energy to crawl underneath the chariot before passing out.