• Published 8th Dec 2012
  • 854 Views, 6 Comments

Innovation Encounters - Maxis122



A single encounter can lead to a journey of discovery and innovation.

  • ...
2
 6
 854

Sight

Innovation Encounters
Sight
By Maxis122

When seeing something that you can’t believe, you start to doubt yourself. This is the stage that I hit next, the stage of ‘I have no idea what I saw or what the hell to do’. The fact that this happened was the thing that hit me the most, and the fact that I never asked for it. Wait, I kind of did ask for this. In the way that I wanted to discover something. And now I have. Wish fulfilled in a nutshell. But the next stage is the hardest of all. Its the point where you really have to start putting aside what you think is the real world and work on thinking about the new world that you have discovered.

But I was slow on getting into investigation mode, I was still in shock mode. My face seemed to return to the same state that it was in when I got home that night. Every time I was alone or walking back from work, I seemed to return to that look. My mouth was in agape as I thought about it. This singular fact that I had an innovation encounter. I knew there were several things that I could do, but I couldn’t get myself to go and do them. I was just still in shock that it had happened.

It took about three days for me to finally get my head straight. I was walking home again, on a Friday. I had the weekend and Monday off to do as I pleased. This was going to be one of my opportunities to begin my work. As the snow crunched beneath my feet I pondered on about my plans. I was going to have to get a sketch pad and plenty of pencils to begin my work. Everything had to be written down or else it would haunt my thoughts forever. With my house in sight I decided to get my keys ready before I got to the door. Luckily my headphones had taken the hint today and had not tangled themselves into my keys.

I quickly unlocked the door and walked inside, but just before I closed the door I looked back outside. Then it hit me like a meteorite. Doubt. Who’s to say that it wasn’t just a hallucination, a misinterpretation of something. I was under a lot of stress and it was as cold as the moon. I could have easily have had a dream. Anything could have caused this experience to happen. I blinked and took a step forward.

It couldn’t have not been real. That was the thought that I wanted to believe. It happened here. And it did happen, no doubt about it. No hallucination could have caused me to see something that I had never seen before, right? And it felt real. Heck, I could even recall the warm breath of the pony. The wings beating, and those eyes. It had to be real, it had to be.

Motivated by my thoughts, I closed the door and ran up the stairs to my bedroom. Pulling out a spare sketch pad, I turned a light on and began to sketch what I could remember. Those two big magenta eyes. The rainbow colours in the mane. I even got the right colours for this sketch. Colours, all of the colours. After my sketch was completed I began to write alongside it.

Rainbow Dash, sighted on the 4th of December 2012, documented on the 7th of December 2012. She approached me at 9:00 (approx) and looked at me. I didn’t talk or move a lot. After a short amount of time she left, flying away over my house in a western direction. Towards the forest. So far, she is apparently a fictional character from a television show called My Little Pony : Friendship is magic. I think she may be friendly, but I will be cautious. So far, I think this could have been a hallucination, but in retrospect, I think that she is real. Today I shall begin my investigation into the case of this Rainbow Dash.

I then sat back and looked at my work. The first page was filled. A big sketch with a description at the bottom. I decided to draw her when she was looking at me for the first time, because when she narrowed her eyes she looked a little menacing. With that done I closed the sketch pad and titled it ‘Rainbow Dash Investigation’. Not very subtle, but I was never the creative type. At least I know knew what it was. I then slotted this away next to my computer tower and turned the PC on.

The rest of my night was filled with the usual things that I did. Video games, watching videos and learning about more mythology. This would normally carry on until about 11pm, that was when I would call it a night and go back to the land of dreams. A couple of times, I found that there were some related videos about these ponies. I thought that it would be better not to watch these as I wanted to go in on a clean slate. I didn’t need other opinions to damage my view of what was to come. I wanted this to be my own adventure. These thoughts died down as I did call it a night and fell into a dream.


My feet were wet as I ran through the forest, my breath running out and sweat dripping from my head. I was being chased, I had to be as when I looked behind me I saw a black figure with two red eyes behind me. I suddenly turned right into a slightly more crowded area of tree’s. The figure seemed to be flying, so when it came to the crowded area of tree’s it flew up. Tears started to stream from my eyes as I continued to run, it was going to get me. I was so scared that I failed to see the root in front of me. It clipped my foot and made me tumble to the ground and roll down the hill. When I got to the bottom, it was a clearing. Perfect, I was now screwed. The figure then flew over this clearing, missing me completely. I froze for a second, looking out for it. After a few seconds I let my head rest, I was safe. I sighed as I relaxed a little. But it then appeared in front of me, looking down into my soul.

I shot up, sweat on my forehead as I looked around. My pulse was raging as the nightmare consumed my thoughts. Everything was shouting out at me. I searched the room with my eyes, seeing if there was this figure still chasing me. My breathing then slowly returned as I calmed myself down. It was just a dream, just a silly nightmare. I looked to my digital clock to see that it was six in the morning. There was no use in trying to get back to sleep now, I thought as I was still shivering a little. I decided that this would be the best time for a morning walk, in the dark. Brilliant, just excellent.

So within a couple of minutes I was on the footpath, walking down the empty street. People lived here, good people, but they were like my parents. They would have this house for coming back here to see relatives, and then another one in a foreign country. Quite like that T.V show where they helped people to get two homes. Home and away. But mostly away in this case.

My ears had taken the role of lead scarefest as they picked up every little noise and amplified it in my head. Thanks ears. My eyes weren’t helping either as they made a massive deal about every little thing that moved. With these senses I should be part of the damn army and help look for terrorist missiles on computer screens. But that wouldn’t work all the time for me because my senses are only doing this to annoy me. If it was all the time then I would have probably taken the bait. I shook my head and continued to walk down the street until I came to the edge of it.

There were a set of stairs that ascend to the forest layer. This surrounded the area of town that I lived in from three sides. The forest then spread out for a couple of miles. Nothing but tree’s and wildlife. A perfect hiding place for anything. I walked up these steps and looked into the forest. There was a public footpath going around the forest, but none going into it. You were allowed in but you were not assured a way back. I considered my chances were better on the footpath at this hour.

As I walked around I kept on looking up to the sky and into the forest. I was automatically looking for this pony, even though I didn’t have to. I was like a magnet that didn’t know which way north was. A compass which was pissed so bad that it needed to take the next month off to get its bearings straight. I just kept on looking and looking. The fact was that I was probably never going to see this pony again in real life.

I stopped and sighed. What was I doing? I never go out walking in the morning. Seriously, I never do this kind of thing. Yet, here I am, walking down this path on this dark winters morning. Looking for something that may or may not exist. Hoping that I might be part of something worthwhile. However I am just pulling away at strings, very fragile strings that could become loose at any moment. I tried to get myself to continue walking, but I was stuck. I couldn’t go any further in this direction.

I turned around and began the trek back home. At least I was awake now, but it was still as dark as hell. Though hell wouldn’t be dark because of all of the fire and... never mind. Anyhow, the path ahead was dark as I walked back in silence. The winter wonderland around me served as a white canvas, blank from the normal world. If only the world was as simple as this, then I guess everything would be so much easier.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment