• Published 2nd Dec 2012
  • 2,972 Views, 28 Comments

Upstart Villainy - Compendium of Steve



Wherein Sombra butts heads with his brother from another mother, Bowser.

  • ...
1
 28
 2,972

The Day After

Upstart Villainy

The Day After

The sun shone brightly and unobscured, with birds chirping happily over the dreaded Koopa Fortress. Atop his throne, Bowser sat content as he hummed powerfully to himself, refreshed by the summer air that wafted in from outside, but in a totally cool way. As he tapped his mighty footsie mindlessly, Kammy waddled toward him.

“Your Ickiness, you’re in an awfully good mood. Aren’t you going to try kidnapping the princess again? It’s certainly a lovely day for it.”

“Nah, Kammy. I’m gonna stay in today,” he replied with a pep to his voice. “Yesterday’s attempt had got my head all cleared up, and now I wanna chill out. Maybe start work on rebuilding the invasion force. I’ll just go with whatever comes to mind.” He brought a leg onto his other knee and got extra cozy.

“Actually, your Heinousness, I’ve been wanting to ask: why did you send a dozen of our troops over to Sombra?”

“Construction detail,” he replied bluntly. “His castle was a complete wreck after the beatdown I gave him, so I thought I’d send some lackeys to tidy it up. A show of good will, now that I put him in his place. And I still have a soft spot for my old castles, dumps though they may be.”

“Not to question your judgment, but won’t he just brainwash your troops with employee benefits and make them his own? He’s done it once before.”

“Ehhh, he can have ‘em if he wants. They’re fairly weak on the battlefield; he’ll have to put in the work if he wants the most out of them. But the guy shows promise, so it could be a training exercise in becoming a half-decent villain. Besides, it’s not as though we’ll be needing craftsman for anything at this ti—”

A column of fire and brimstone erupted from the middle of the throne room with force that blew away Kammy and toppled Bowser and his throne backwards. When the lava pillar sunk away, something immensely bizarre landed before the crater: a young woman, with long raven-black hair and green bow, wearing some sort of white and green school girl outfit but with a blazing red eye in her chest, an orange arm cannon, a foot encased in concrete, and wings fashioned like a cape whose lining appeared to be made up of the very cosmos itself.

“Ha! Epic entrance is a success!” she cried. “That stupid fairy claims to be the strongest, but I’ll show her. I’ll set fire to this entire place, and then toss her into the ensuing inferno. Then we’ll see who’s the strongest!”

Before a mandatory evil laugh could be made, a heavy thud signaled Bowser’s return to the realm of the upright. The girl looked and saw the tyrant lizard in front of her, fire rising from the corners of his mouth and his brows furrowed something fierce.

“One upstart is annoying enough. Two makes a migraine. But Three is too much!” The koopa shuddered and started to glow as an indescribable power of annoyance swelled inside. “And you go wreck up my throne room while I’m trying to Relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax!”

A gargantuan fire stream erupted from Bowser’s gaping mouth, wiping out the surprised bird-brain and annihilating everything as it went across the lay of the land and shot straight off the planet and into space. In the wake of such destruction, the citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom panicked for a longer period of time, but as the doom beam inevitably subsided and left a smoking groove across the landscape, everybody calmed down and went about their lives. The incident was deemed another massive backfire by the resident troublemaker, and the matter wasn’t looked into further.

Yep, just another day for the Mushroom Kingdom, its prominent antagonist, and his ongoing battle with upstart villainy...

So it goes.

aka THE END

Author's Note:

Sequel can be found here.

Comments ( 18 )

How villainous.

1726327
Do you even read the fics or do you just comment on them? :rainbowhuh:

1726424 I read everything I comment on

1726430
But you comment on everything! :pinkiegasp:
HOW IS IT DONE?

Great story any chance of a sequel? Maybe one where Bowser and Sombra work together to invade Equestria. Who was that girl that showed up at the end of the story?

1733165
That was Utsuho Reiuji, the final boss from Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism. One of the weirdest-designed characters in gaming, she's a hell raven who's also a powerhouse idiot. Hmm, guess she's too obscure a character. I may have to do a rewrite later on with someone more recognizable, more... persistent.

1737162
LET THE SHIPPING BEGIN! YAAAAAAAARRRRR :flutterrage:

BOWSER FOREVEEEEERR!!!! :yay:

If you ever die and donate your brain to science, may I have the part of it where your ideas are formed? :pinkiehappy:
Awesome story! I love Sombra comedy fics, they are so funny. Add Bowser to that and you have a fave from this guy.

KUDOS to you!!!

Congrats on the EQD Feature :pinkiehappy:

....this scenario seems familiar....

Hey, I wrote a review for this story here, in case you are interested.

This was an interesting story to read, to say the least. I am curious to see how you will develop it in the sequel.

5838230
Oh have you now? I'm flattered :pinkiegasp:
... Okay, just read it, and you caught me: I succeeded in publishing a Mario fic on FiMFic. Eat it, pony writers :ajsmug:
Still, glad you enjoyed it, and hopefully you'll enjoy the sequel as well. It's a bit more reserved on the laughs and more serious, but not by much. All the best, either way :)

Login or register to comment