• Published 29th Nov 2012
  • 2,178 Views, 135 Comments

Hearts Warming Eve - overlord-flinx



Happy Holidays all around, and within Equestria, warmth is abound. Music, laughs, and love.

  • ...
2
 135
 2,178

PreviousChapters Next
Rarity and Applejack: Winter Wonderland v. 1.

"This home, it's always abuzz."

"Right as always Tinsel, this house clearly was."

"Was? Why marked to the past?"

"Because it is late, and the fun cannot last. So let us both take to the sky and search for more charm."

"If that is what you wish Cupid, it can do us no harm."

Side to side, they checked for clearing; but what they saw was snow fall, leaves in the air, nothing for fearing. Their trip through the air didn't go for long, as they noticed a light from a barn glowing ever-so strong. With an exchange of glances the two made for the ground, being sure that as close as the came, they did not make a sound.


Inside Sweet Apple Acres' prized barn, both Rarity and Applejack were checking over a few blueprints outstretched on a table. "Really appreciate all the help yer' doin' fer' me, Rarity," Applejack stated with a tip of her hat as she continued to study the papers.

"Oh parish the thought," Rarity chuckled, "I am always happy to help set up the barn for your Hearth's Warming soiree."

"Soir-ay?" Applejack repeated that word once, scratching at her head with one of her hooves.

"Shindig," Rarity found herself correcting her wording with a little laugh.

The cowpony nodded her understanding and went back to looking over the blueprints, mentally mapping out what needed to go where. In the midst of their planning, Rarity lifted her head up and looked around a bit. "Seems a bit too quiet, don't you think?"

Applejack followed suit and looked around as well with a smile. "Heh, yeah. Mindin' if I put on some music?" After getting the go ahead from Rarity, Applejack went and picked up an old radio laying lazily against a bundle of hey.

After a little fiddling with the channel, the radio began to play a static filled song that both mares recognized. "Love this song..." Applejack said.

"As do I, it's such a classic..."

Winter Ponyville
By: Applejack and Rarity
Performed: Applejack and Rarity

Apples lay, in the snowfall,
Tunin' out, winter's work call,
Sure to be rare,
Caught in the snare,
Workin' in a winter Ponyville.

"Thought of those lyrics yourself?"

"Thinkin' you can do better?" Rarity smirked a bit at the challenge and cleared her throat.

Here we stay, mares together,
Friends of kind, of a feather,
Ignoring the storm,
Keeping us warm,
Staying in a winter Ponyville.

"'Ignorin' the storm'?"

Rarity have a shrug and a little red blush behind her cheeks. "I had thought of my second to last line, so I needed a word to rhyme it with."

"Well it sounded jus' right if ya' ask me," Applejack gave the unicorn a light nudge as they both laughed and continued to listen to the etching music.

PreviousChapters Next