• Published 29th Nov 2012
  • 2,178 Views, 135 Comments

Hearts Warming Eve - overlord-flinx



Happy Holidays all around, and within Equestria, warmth is abound. Music, laughs, and love.

  • ...
2
 135
 2,178

PreviousChapters Next
Celestia and Luna: Hark the Herald Angels Sing.

Finally the two reindeer watchers picked back to their game; eagerly returning to searches for holiday flame. Ponyville with spry with life and motion; ever so clear of everypony's holiday devotion. But as they scanned through what the town brought, they're attentions were drawn to the road with a beckoning trot.


One of Canterlot's chariots pulled by two of the royal guards was led through the road leading to Ponyville. Both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were settled calmly in the clutch of the chariot, a throw-blanket cloaking over them in contrast to the cold air. Luna looked drained, her face drooping and her eyes straining to remain open as she rested her head against her older sister's side. "My sister... Why must we be out and about?" Luna's groggy tone still held a bit of regality; fading none the less.

"It's Hearth Warming Day, Luna. It's a wonderful day to be all around town and see how everypony is spending their time with friends, family--"

Luna abruptly cut in on Celestia's words, shaking her head a bit to ward off slumber a bit more. "I understand -your- purpose, sister... But why must -I- be about when I would find the comforting of slumber more alluring...?"

At first, Celestia didn't answer, her eyes looking about before twinkling a bit as she spotted something. "Hold here for a minute, guards," the guards pulling her around didn't hesitate a moment as she stomped to a halt.

"Sister?"

Celestia once more didn't answer right away. Instead, she moved out from the cover of her chariot and blanket in exchange of a small store that had a pianist sitting before a piano. Luna curiously followed her sister, noticing the two gaining very awestruck looks as they ventured into the small store. Celestia gave the pianist a little nod and smiled very warmly as Luna continued to look at her sister curiously. "My good stallion, would you mind playing me a little song on your piano?"

The pianist pony couldn't muster any words, just a nod to the tall princess. Celestia gave a lean down and whispered something in his ear, prompting him to spark his horn and start the keys of the piano to click and play.

Hark The Alicorns So Sing
By: Celestia
Performed: Celestia (Luna)

Hark the alicorns so sing,
"Gifted from our flawless king,
No longer shall we distress,
For now we have our princess"
Blessed now, a filly cries,
Hallowed moon is soon to rise,
All Equestria sing thy name:
"O' our Luna, young and tame".

Crowns and gowns we do adorn,
Small of wings and little horn,
Gather 'round, all who hear,
This proclaimed by no seer,
Wrapped in clothes and bathed in light,
She arises with the night,
Yonder princess has a grin,
Honored now, a young kin.
Hark! My sister I do degree,
Please end now, thou embarrass me.

PreviousChapters Next