• Published 29th Nov 2012
  • 2,178 Views, 135 Comments

Hearts Warming Eve - overlord-flinx



Happy Holidays all around, and within Equestria, warmth is abound. Music, laughs, and love.

  • ...
2
 135
 2,178

Chapters Next
Intro: Feliz Navidad!

The sky was a-twinkle with stars and light, reflecting off the snow so very white. Families and friends nestled in bed, cheerfully awaiting the days ahead. The streets were built decoratively with tinsel and wreath, kept as neat and tidy as a culinary sheath. But though the night sky had but begun to dim, to two passing fliers, they still had time to skim.

The two had no wings to keep them afloat; no magic, no voodoo, nothing to note. Yet somehow they stayed drifting in air, together looking like a peculiar pair.

First there was Tinsel; a male reindeer with a missing antler. Yet he flew divinely, better than any pony's canter. His coat was red and his eyes sparkled brown; among the common pony, he could've blended in town. Around his heft neck, he jingled small bells; not one dinging and remaining as silent as shells.

Beside him flew the adorable Cupid; her charm and sweetness unable to be disputed. Green was her coat and white was her belly, and her frame so petite it makes the colts go 'whoa nelly"! Fastened around her little green waist was a jingling set of bells, not one snapped in with haste.

And so there they were above, high in the Canterlot sky, when Tinsel looked to Cupid, speaking ever so shy. "Cupid, my friend."

"What is it Tinsel? My ear I shall lend."

"The Hearth's Warming Eve is drawing ever so too near..."

"Are you scared, my friend? There is nothing to fear."

Cupid tugged close against her red coated friend, making his worries sink and twist for a warming end. Tinsel had lost what it was he planned to say... So he cantered beside Cupid, as if trudging a sleigh.

To most, Heath's Warming Eve is a time for drinks and presents; to curl up by the fire and watching the pheasants. But to these two tiny deer, it meant so much more. Love, cherishing, and warmth galore! It was so excited to see each and every year; how ponies showed love, it could truly bring a tear. So -though they knew they should not- they snuck out together every year and hoped they wouldn't be caught.

Not a year went by that they hadn't seen something to mark, and this year promised even more of a spark. With all the trouble, chaos, and darkness that had run-amuck; families and friends and grown more bonded, more stuck. Elements of Harmony, the power of love; these promised good things, not a single one to be shoved.

But above all, what the two enjoyed most, was the chance to hear music sung by the ponies, taken over by the holiday ghost.


"In Equestria we say..." Twilight Sparkle gave the troop of fillies, colts, and one lone dragon to repeat the lesson she taught them.

"Happy Hearth's Warming!" They all chimed in rather happily.

"Good! And in South Equestria, they say..." Once more Twilight Sparkle led the group to answer what she taught them.

"Feliz Navidad!" Not one child missed a beat, making the older mare smile proudly.

"And Feliz Navidad means...?"

"Merry Christmas!"

"And how do we say 'Hearth's Warming' roughly in their language?"

"Calentamiento del corazón," that time around, each filly and colt stammered with their words, not used to the way of saying things.

"Right... Do you all remember the song I taught you?" she was answered by enthusiastic nods, "Good. Let's hear it." Twilight's horn twinkled with a spark of magic and began a record player off to the side to play the start of the song.

Note by note, the little ponies -and Spike- took a standing position and readied themselves. When that final break came, they all opened their mouths.

Feliz Del Corazón
By: Twilight Sparkle
Performed: Cutie Mark Crusaders, Spike, and Elementary School Ponies.

Faliz Navidad,
Happy Hearth's W'rming,
Feliz del corazón,
Happy New Year and all the rest.

Faliz Navidad,
Happy Hearth's W'rming,
Feliz del corazón,
Happy New Year and all the rest.

We wanna wish you a Merry Christmas,
And a happy Hearth's Warm,
We wanna bid you good year,
In your hearths, and in your hearts!

We wanna wish you a Merry Christmas,
And a happy Hearth's Warm,
We wanna bid you good year,
In your hearths, and in your hearts!

Faliz Navidad,
Happy Hearth's W'rming,
Feliz del corazón,
Happy New Year and all the rest.

Faliz Navidad,
Happy Hearth's W'rming,
Feliz del corazón,
Happy New Year and all the rest.

We wanna wish you a Merry Christmas,
And a happy Hearth's Warm,
We wanna bid you good year,
In your hearths, and in your hearts!

We wanna wish you a Merry Christmas,
And a happy Hearth's Warm,
We wanna bid you good year,
In your hearths, and in your hearts!

As Twilight cut the music, she gave the group a clap of her hooves in praise. "Well done everyone! That was fantastic! I'll see you all tomorrow for your next history lesson." A few of the kids groaned, but all seemed relatively excited and thankful for the lessons and musical after-praise.

With the class ended, colts and fillies ventured into the snow ridden night and back to their homes; each beyond excited for Hearth's Warming Eve that was just around the corner.


Out from the window that overlooked the safety of the library tree, our two little reindeer looked within, brimming with glee.

"Faliz Navidad, what a charming sort of words!"

"Though the song bothers me Tinsel, they did not sing for thirds."

"No, they didn't Cupid, old friend."

"I worry not, the holiday is far from an end!"

Laughing together, they took to the night; looking for anything more worthy of sight. Though the many were tucked away, ready for bed; the two knew that for some ponies, that couldn't be said. Eager as they were, they did not risk to be spotted; to do so would have their holiday terribly knotted. As it was code, set by their leader; "Not one of you is to bee seen, less I take you from your feeder".


"Twilight...?"

"Yes, Spike? What's wrong?"

Spike pointed to one of the windows looking out into the snowy night. "Did you see those reindeer?"

"Reindeer?" Twilight scoffed a small laugh before returning to work and leaving Spike to curiously look out at where he swore he saw two laughing deer.

Chapters Next