• Published 29th Nov 2012
  • 2,178 Views, 135 Comments

Hearts Warming Eve - overlord-flinx



Happy Holidays all around, and within Equestria, warmth is abound. Music, laughs, and love.

  • ...
2
 135
 2,178

PreviousChapters Next
Special: Tinsel the One Branch Reindeer

Though the story carries on with tale after tale, perhaps it would serve best if we tell a little of the story's male. Tinsel the Reindeer, a very unremarkable one; but while all reindeer have two antlers, his right side has none. For an elk, a deer, or even a moose, this is hardly an issue; but for a reindeer, there is no excuse.

Earth ponies are gifted with strength, pegasi with weather control and flight, and unicorn with magical delights. But reindeer are a peculiar sort. Because when it came to natural gifts, they came up a bit short. Their antlers produce flakes of magic that flows through their bones. As the flakes drop from their velvet, they can produce flight of their own. How do the females fly? A tale for another time.

So let me tell you this story now. A story of Tinsel, and his life long vow.

You know Dasher, the brazen youth of the clan.

Prancer, a jovial jokester like him is hard to find.

Vixen, a fair contender for most alluring of her kind.

You know Dancer, a reindeer who is strangely obsessed with her tan.

You know Comet, the star and most elite of the lot.

You know Cupid, the most beautiful and perhaps hot.

Donner, a strict hard case that demands order.

Blitzen, the oldest and most modest - and fan of the recorder.

That leaves but one deer left if I am not wrong... Why not tell him in the form of a song?


Tinsel the One Branch Reindeer
By: ???
Performed: ???

Tinsel, the one branch reindeer,
Had a very tottered head.
And if you ever saw it,
You'd think it was filled with lead.

All of his reindeer partners,
Tried to find a cure.
They couldn't help poor Tinsel,
His antler was gone for sure.

It all came that Hearth's Warm Eve,
When Blitzen had to ask:
"Tinsel with your rack locked in cup,
Why did you have to saw it up?"

Now all the other reindeer,
Work on ways to help him fly,
Tinsel the one branch reindeer,
I have to ask why.


If Tinsel had only waited a moment more, we could have prevented his gore. But no, Tinsel felt it was his only way... Sawing off his own antler, what can I say?

PreviousChapters Next