• Published 31st Oct 2012
  • 5,068 Views, 367 Comments

TwiMacVerse Part 2: Love is a Many Splendid Pile of Crazy - ThatBronyWithTheClipOns



In which Rainbow Dash and Rarity discover romance. And stuff in between happens too.

  • ...
12
 367
 5,068

Chapter 5: Love At First Crash

“RAINBOW DASH!” yelled Pinkie Pie. “ARE YOU OK!?”

Rainbow Dash had crashed hard. As she was getting up she had trouble keeping her eyes straight and her head was spinning. She began rubbing her temples with her hooves.

“Yeah yeah,” said Rainbow Dash. “Head’s spinning, but I’ll be fine. Jeez, what did I hit!?”

“It’s not a what,” said Pinkie. “It’s a who!”

They looked down to see an unconscious unicorn they’d never seen before. He had light grey fur, a brown mane, and was wearing a blue vest. His cutie mark was a thick book with a worm popping out of it.

“Oh man,” said Rainbow Dash. “Do you think I killed him?!”

“No way,” said Pinkie. “I can totally tell he’s breathing! But I’m positive he’s gonna have a whopper of a headache when he wakes up!”

The mysterious unicorn began to stir. He was grunting, while trying to get himself up. Rainbow Dash gave him a hoof.

“Hey, mister” said Rainbow Dash. “Let me help you up.”

“Thank you kindly, ma’am,” he said with his eyes still shut tight. “I have no idea what just happened. I was walking to the library, when something just ran into me.”

“More like flew,” said Pinkie.

“PINKIE!” yelled Rainbow Dash.

“Well you did fly into him, Rainbow Dash!” said Pinkie.

“You did this!?” exclaimed the unicorn, starting to open his eyes. “What in the world were you…”

He stopped mid sentence when he gazed his eyes upon Rainbow Dash. He seemed to become entranced with her eyes and color scheme in general. Rainbow dash noticed his pale blue eyes.

“Moderate cerise,” he suddenly said.

“Excuse me,” questioned Rainbow Dash.

“Your eyes,” he said. “Your eyes are a very lovely shade of moderate cerise.”

“It’s a shade reddish pink,” chimed in Pinkie Pie.

“Oh,” said Rainbow Dash, blushing at the remark.

“And your mane and tail,” he continued. “Never in my entire life have I come across a pony with such a color scheme. And your fur is cerulean, like the sky on certain days. And clearly an athlete, given your toned physique”

“Um, gee,” began Rainbow Dash, blushing brighter. “Thanks for the compliment, mister.”

“Oh, pardon my rudeness,” he said. “My name is Bookworm Ferdinand Scholar. And you are?”

“I uh,” fumbled Rainbow Dash. “I’m…Rainbow Dash.”

“A perfect name,” said Bookworm. “For such a mare of your beauty.”

Rainbow Dash, and even Pinkie Pie, could not believe what they were hearing. Rainbow Dash had been called many things in her life, a lot of which she wouldn’t say to others for fear of offending. But beautiful had never been one of them. She figured it was because of her general appearance. Unlike Rarity, she didn’t go out of her way to make herself look super special or anything. And at the moment she was sure she was fairly dirty from her crash.

“Thank you,” said Rainbow Dash, becoming entranced as well.

Then Pinkie Pie had a light bulb moment.

“HEY! I KNOW YOU!” exclaimed Pinkie. “YOU’RE THE COLT THAT TWILIGHT DATED BACK IN SCHOOL!”

“Oh,” thought Bookworm. “Given your appearance, I’m guessing that you are Miss Pinkie Pie?”

“You betcha!” she said. “Glad to see you got my letter! What brings you to Ponyville!?”

Bookworm didn’t feel the need to unload his drama to these new ponies. He also figured that Twilight would inform them later on.

“I am…” he began. “I am here to do research for a story I’m writing.”

“A writer, eh?” said Rainbow Dash. “I can see how you and Twilight managed to get along.”

“Oh yeah!” said Pinkie. “You’re the writer of the Daring Do books!”

Rainbow Dash suddenly became more interested.

“Wait a minute,” said Rainbow Dash. “You’re Chester Buckingham?”

“Well, yes,” said Bookworm. “I suppose you could say that I am.”

“But the Daring Do stories have been around for decades,” said Rainbow Dash.

“Chester Buckingham is a pen name used since the very beginning,” explained Bookworm. “It’s more the name of the author that matters.”

“What, like the Dread Pirate Trotters?” asked Rainbow Dash.

Bookworm was impressed with the reference cerulean filly made.

“Not that I’ve read The Princess Buttercup,” said Rainbow Dash. “I don’t really have time to read.”

“What are you talking about, Dash?” said Pinkie. “You read plenty now! Especially the Daring Do books! You’ve read nearly all of them!”

Rainbow Dash face hoofed herself.

“Thanks a lot Pinkie Pie,” said Rainbow Dash sarcastically.

“That’s flattering to hear,” said Bookworm. “Do you have a favorite?”

“Well they’re all undeniably, unquestionably, un-putdownable!” said Rainbow Dash, with great enthusiasm.

Bookworm gave her a big smile, which made her go almost beet red.

“But um,” she thought. “I really love Daring Do and the Pirates of the North Marelantic.”

“I did have the most fun writing that one,” he said. “Perhaps I can sign a copy of it for you?”

“YOU COULD!?” she exclaimed, before composing herself. “I mean, sure, whatever. If you really want to.”

“I would be delighted,” he said. “It was very nice meeting you, Miss Dash. Miss Pie. I’m afraid I must be going now. Things to do and all. Good day.”

“Bye bye, Mr. Bookworm!” said Pinkie Pie.

“Yeah, later,” said Rainbow Dash as calmly and cool as possible.

Once gone, Pinkie gave Rainbow Dash; it was freaking her out a little.

“What?” said Rainbow Dash.

“Looks like somepony likes another pony,” said Pinkie.

“What?!” exclaimed Rainbow Dash. “I don’t know what you’re talking about! No way I’d crush on an egghead. I was just excited to meet the author of Daring Do. I mean, what pony wouldn’t!?”

“Suuuuuuure,” said Pinkie. “Like you weren’t blushing and getting all googly eyed when he started saying all those compliments to you.”

“Oh please, Pinkie,” said Rainbow Dash. “He probably wasn’t seeing that well.”

“But he described your eye and fur color perfectly,” Pinkie pointed out.

“Knock it off, Pinkie” said Rainbow Dash.

“You should ask Twilight if he’s single,” said Pinkie. “I’m sure she knows!”

“I don’t care either way, Pinkie,” said Rainbow Dash. “But I suppose we can go over to the library to hang out with her for a little bit.”

“I’m sure that’s the only reason for going,” said Pinkie, arching an eyebrow.

“Shut up, Pinkie,” said Rainbow Dash.

So the two headed off to the library, with Pinkie still teasing Rainbow Dash.