• Published 31st Oct 2012
  • 5,067 Views, 367 Comments

TwiMacVerse Part 2: Love is a Many Splendid Pile of Crazy - ThatBronyWithTheClipOns



In which Rainbow Dash and Rarity discover romance. And stuff in between happens too.

  • ...
12
 367
 5,067

Chapter 10: Fluttershy and Snowflake

It was a few days after the Ponyville hurricane event that Fluttershy received a visit from somepony she never expected. It was Snowflake, the beefiest pony in all of Ponyville. Despite his massive size and tiny wings, he was actually a very good flyer.

“Oh,” said Fluttershy. “Hello, Snowflake…um…what brings you by?”

“Well,” began Snowflake, a bit nervous. “I wanted to say how great you did the other day with the hurricane and all.”

“Oh, thank you very much” said Fluttershy. “Although I already got a lot of thanks…including from you I think.”

“Yeah, I did,” he said. “I just wanted to see you again.”

“But why?” she asked.

“Well, you probably don’t remember,” he said. “But we were in flight camp together. I looked a lot different back then. I was a lot smaller and didn’t have a cutie mark. My mane was shaggier too.”

Fluttershy looked at him for a moment, and she did begin to remember.

“Oh yes,” she said. “I remember now…you defended me one day when some of the other ponies were picking on me. You ended up getting beaten up and seriously hurt…I’m really sorry about that.”

“No no,” he said. “Don’t be sorry. If not for that I wouldn’t have found my passion for lifting weights. Obviously that’s what my cutie mark is for. I overdid it some I admit, but I was determined to not be weak anymore.”

“I can understand that,” she said.

“And while I got aggressive and thought about causing harm to those who picked on me,” he said. “I never acted on it. I thought about how you always remained a kind hearted pony. My appearance eventually got ponies thinking I was some sort of brute.”

Snowflake got a sad look on his face. He then looked at himself in a mirror, letting out a sigh. Fluttershy’s favorite animal, Angel bunny, approached him and started nuzzling up against his leg.

“Oh my,” said Fluttershy. “Angel doesn’t do that often with strangers.”

“He’s a cute little guy,” said Snowflake, patting him on the head.

“So why did you come here,” she asked. “Just to tell me all of this?”

“Because,” he said. “I wasn’t sure if you’d talk to me otherwise. It wouldn’t be the first time somepony didn’t want to talk to me because of how I look. And I defended you in flight camp, because I always liked you.”

“Oh,” she said surprised, beginning to blush. “I see…why didn’t you ever say anything?”

“I was shy,” he said. “Ironic I know. Also it wasn’t long after I got beat up that you ended up in Ponyville. I didn’t know about that at the time, and I was finishing up flight school…I’m sure a pretty filly like you gets asked out all the time. I know we haven’t really seen each other much…but I was hoping you’d like to get t know me better.”

Fluttershy went over to Snowflake and gave him a hug.

“That would be wonderful,” said Fluttershy.

It was a few weeks after casual get togethers and chitchats that Fluttershy and Snowflake decided to start going steady. But they didn’t want to announce anything to anypony till they knew it was something that was going to be long term. Snowflake, despite his large frame, was a very gentle stallion who had a great love for animals. He couldn’t communicate with them like Fluttershy could, but they still warmed up to him quickly. Once Angel showed he liked him a lot the other animals knew that he was somepony they could trust. It was a couple months into their relationship that both exchanged the words “I love you.” Even so they didn’t really tell anypony that they were together. It was the spa trip with Rainbow Dash and Rarity that Fluttershy told them about her relationship with Snowflake.

“I…um…I told Rarity and Rainbow Dash about our relationship during our weekly spa trip,” she said in her usual timid tone. “I hope you don’t mind.”

“Fine with me,” he said. “I’ve actually told a couple friends myself.”

“You did,” she said surprised.

“Yeah,” he said. “But I told them not to tell anypony else about it. But I had to tell somepony. I’ve been super excited to be dating one of the sweetest, kindest, prettiest mares in all of Ponyville.”

“Aw,” she said with a bright blush. “You’re such a sweetie. I suppose we don’t have a reason to keep it a secret anymore. And I’m sure Pinkie Pie would love to throw us a party.”

“A party does sound nice,” he said.

Both gave each other little smiles and then a good, long kiss on the lips.

“I love you, Snowflake,” she said, hiding her face a little in her mane.

“I love you too, Fluttershy,” he said.