• Published 31st Oct 2012
  • 5,068 Views, 367 Comments

TwiMacVerse Part 2: Love is a Many Splendid Pile of Crazy - ThatBronyWithTheClipOns



In which Rainbow Dash and Rarity discover romance. And stuff in between happens too.

  • ...
12
 367
 5,068

Chapter 2: Romantic Rendezvous

Nearly six months had passed since Twilight and Big Macintosh had started going out; and neither couldn’t be any happier. They would rotate between staying at the library and staying at Sweet Apple Acres. Both had their risks in terms of the couple’s nightly activities. The library was slightly easier since the only other one to live there was Spike, and once asleep he was a pretty sound sleeper. When worried he’d wake up, Twilight would sometimes slip a little something extra into his nightly cup of tea. The Apple residence was a bit trickier. On more than one occasion Applejack had to complain to the happy couple.

“Ya’ll gotta learn tah be a bit quieter,” said Applejack. “Ah think Apple Bloom is startin’ to not believe me when ah say yer just given Twi a wrestlin’ lesson.”

“Wrestlin’?” asked Big Mac.

“Ah had to tell her somethin,” said Applejack. “Ah sure as hay aint tellin’ her ya’ll are gettin’ on like a bunch of frisky critters! Ah won’t be the one tah explain that to her!”

“Then who’s gonna tell her when she starts askin?” asked Big Mac.

“Well…ah,” Applejack stumbled a bit over her words. “Ah din’t really think that far ahead. Cuz ah don’t wanna think that far ahead! She’s not at the age yet where we tell her bout the birds n the bees!”

“Pa taught me by takin’ me to a pasture and watchin’ some cows,” said Big Mac.

“Ah know,” said Applejack with disdain. “Ya’ll did the same with me!”

“Seemed like a good idea at the time,” thought Big Mac.

“Just talk to Twilight,” said Applejack. “And both ya’ll need to learn some restraint and to keep yer noises down. And ah sure hope ya’ll are usin’ protection! We don’t need anymore little ones walkin’ bout right now!”

“Don’t worry, sis,” said Big Mac. “We’ve been takin' the necessary precautions.”

“Good,” said Applejack. “Plus I don’t need tah be reminded that ah aint gettin’ any at the moment.”

“Ah din’t need tah hear that,” said Big Mac.

“Well ah din’t need tah hear ya’ll night after night!” exclaimed Applejack

Twilight was walking about the library with a big smile on her face, humming to herself while looking through various books. It was starting to get on Spike’s nerves.

“Do you have to be constantly humming and happy?” asked Spike.

“I thought you wanted me to be happy,” said Twilight.

“If I had known you’d be like this,” began Spike. “I would’ve preferred you being single.”

“Hardy har, Spike,” said Twilight.

“Not to mention the constant nights of you and Big Mac doing it,” said Spike off handedly.

This got Twilight’s attention right away, as she went into a little panic.

“How did you know about that!?” she asked. “How do you even know what that is!? You’re just a baby dragon!”

“Oh please, Twilight,” began Spike. “First off, I’m not a baby anymore; at least by dragon standards. Second I’m your assistant and it’s my job to organize books. I’ve probably read almost every book in this place like you have. And we do have books on sex.”

“I thought I was being so careful,” said a panicky Twilight.

“You mean slipping me something extra in my nightly tea to keep me asleep longer?” asked Spike with sarcasm.

“But how?” asked Twilight.

“Again,” began Spike with a sigh. “I’m your assistant. You’ve used me as a guinea pig with your various potions. I guess I’ve built up an immunity to sleep potions. I think I need to invest in some ear plugs. And you two better be using protection. I already got Pee Wee to take care of; I don’t need a foal as well.”

Spike continued his work, while Twilight muttered to herself about how crazy this was. She had to accept that Spike wasn’t as young an naïve as he used to be. She also didn’t take into consideration that dragons aged differently than ponies. There was a knock at the door. Twilight decided to answer it and hope it would take her mind off what just happened. She was not expecting the pony at her doorstep.

“Bookworm!?” said Twilight with great surprise. “What are you doing here!?”

At her doorstep indeed was her ex colt friend, Bookworm Ferdinand Scholar, AKA Chester Buckingham, current author of the Daring Do book series. He was looking very disheveled, and had the look of somepony who had probably been drinking a little.