• Published 31st Oct 2012
  • 5,067 Views, 367 Comments

TwiMacVerse Part 2: Love is a Many Splendid Pile of Crazy - ThatBronyWithTheClipOns



In which Rainbow Dash and Rarity discover romance. And stuff in between happens too.

  • ...
12
 367
 5,067

Chapter 13: Rarity Meets Hayseed Again

Once Rainbow Dash went off to find her date, Rarity decided to take a walk around the park and hope she’d run into Hayseed Turnip Truck. She couldn’t put her hoof on it, but there was something about him that seemed different. Could it be his chipper attitude towards everything? Despite not really making it in Canterlot, he didn’t seem upset by it. Rarity thought about how if she ended up in Canterlot, only having to come back she’d be devastated. She finally spotted Hayseed tending to some flowers.

“Good day, Hayseed Turnip Truck,” said Rarity.

“Why hello there, Miss Rarity,” said Hayseed. “What brings yah to the park today?”

“Seemed like too nice a day to not enjoy the scenery,” she said.

“Certainly is a nice day,” he said.

“And you’re taking great care of all the plants here in the park,” she said.

“Why thank you,” he said. “Ah do mah best to make sure they all get plenty of water and sunshine. It’s a bit tough what with not havin’ any other pony to help me out, so ah have tah get up pretty early to check on everything.”

“That does sound tiring,” she said. “I don’t do this kind of labor often.”

“Now ah wouldn’t say that,” he said. “Ah can’t imagine makin’ those dresses and accessories all by yerself is easy. Even with yer magic.”

“That is true,” she said. “These days I’ve even got my little sister, Sweetie Belle, helping me out best she can.”

“Oh yeah, I almost forgot about yer sister,” he said. “How’s the little filly doin?”

“As sweet as ever,” she said. “Still trying to earn her cutie mark. She has a couple little friends who are also trying to get their’s as well. Calling themselves the Cutie Mark Crusaders.”

“Aint that cute,” he said. “Ah remember when ah got my cutie mark. Being a Turnip Truck it’s no surprise my cutie mark ended up bein’ turnips. Though ah never really figured out what it meant. So ah decided to try out different jobs, see which suited me the best. Ah moved to Canterlot to try out various odd jobs.”

“So being a window washer wasn’t your first job in Canterlot?” she asked.

“Far from it,” he said. “It was probably my fifth overall job at the time when runnin’ into yah. After that ha was a janitor for a while, then a taxi driver, and a whole heap of other jobs. Nothin’ was really all that satisfyin’ and the residents weren’t really bein’ very nice. One day, while walkin’ through the royal gardens ah discovered ah really liked plants and wanted to do some of my own gardenin. But ah decided to move back home, make the park in Ponyville look just as nice as the one in Canterlot.”

“That’s very noble of you, Hayseed,” she said.

“Thank yah kindly, Miss Rarity,” he said.

“You really can just call me Rarity,” she said.

“Alright,” he said. “So how come a fancy mare like yerself aint livin’ in Canterlot?”

“Family reasons,” she said. “My parents need my help with looking after my little sister. Besides I’ve managed to build up a good reputation all over Equestria.”

“Bet knowin’ the princess has helped with that,” he commented.

“Yes that has certainly helped,” she said.

“But ya’ll coulda gotten a good reputation on yer own too,” he said. “Yer the best clothes maker in all of Equestria.”

“Thank you,” she said, blushing. “I wouldn’t say the best.”

“Ah would,” he said with a confident smile.

Rarity was a little embarrassed by Hayseed’s statement, but she had to admit she was enjoying the compliments.

“I must say, you’ve done a splendid job with the park,” she said.

“Thank you kindly,” he said. “Means a lot comin’ from someone as sophisticated as you.”

Rarity blushed brightly again, her whole body was most likely red at this point. She tried not to let it show.

“Hayseed,” she said.

“Yes, Rarity?” he asked.

“Would you like to go out with me sometime?” she asked.

This was the first time Rarity had ever asked a stallion out herself. But she no longer felt like beating around the bush. She was feeling something with Hayseed, and she hoped he felt the same.

“That’s mighty forward of you, Rarity,” he said.

“I know,” she said. “But, I feel as though we had a connection the last time we ran into each other. I don’t know if you felt the same, but I knew I didn’t want to drag things out for a long time.”

“Why would you want to go out with some country bumpkin like me?” he asked. “You could have any stallion yah want.”

“You are not some country bumpkin, Hayseed,” she said. “You are kind and hardworking. I’m sorry if I’ve ever treated you poorly in the past. I used to be a little ashamed of being from Ponyville. But thanks to my friends I know that it’s one of the grandest places a pony can be. I’ll understand if you say no, but I knew I had to ask.

There was a pause that seemed to last forever in Rarity’s mind. She wasn’t sure how he’d respond to all this. She hadn’t felt this nervous who knows how long.

“Ah’d love to take you out, Rarity,” said Hayseed. “It would be an honor.”

“You would,” she said in great surprise. “Wonderful!”

“Ah hear the Blue Bridal is a nice restaurant,” he said. “That sound good to you?”

“Sounds marvelous,” she exclaimed. “When are you free?”

“How bout tonight?” he asked. “Ah’m usually done around sunset.”

“Sounds good to me,” she said.

“It’ll give you time to make yerself pretty,” he said kissing her front hoof, causing her to blush once more. “See you tonight.”

“See you then,” she said with a bit of a fumble in her voice.

Rarity galloped back to the Carousel Boutique as fast as she could to get herself looking as lovely as possible. Sweetie Belle was already there working on some designs for Rarity. She noticed immediately that her sister was in high spirits.

“What are you so happy about, sis?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“I have date tonight,” said Rarity. “With a wonderful young stallion!”

“Oh wow,” exclaimed Sweetie Belle. “That’s awesome!”

“I need your help, Sweetie Belle,” said Rarity. “I want to look my very best and will need an extra hoof.”

“No problem,” said Sweetie Belle.