• Published 31st Oct 2012
  • 5,067 Views, 367 Comments

TwiMacVerse Part 2: Love is a Many Splendid Pile of Crazy - ThatBronyWithTheClipOns



In which Rainbow Dash and Rarity discover romance. And stuff in between happens too.

  • ...
12
 367
 5,067

Chapter 11: Twilight and Big Mac's Romantic Dinner

Twilight Sparkle and Big Macintosh had their planned dinner at a nice restaurant, The Blue Bridle. Twilight wore a simple, but pretty, yellow dress. Big Mac groomed his mane a bit, and even left his yoke at home, and was in a nice evening jacket.

“So, Apple Bloom tells me that Rainbow Dash is gonna be goin’ out with Bookworm,” said Big Mac.

“How did you know that?” asked Twilight.

“She gets her information from Spike,” he said.

“I should’ve figured,” said Twilight. “Yes it’s true. Rainbow Dash accidentally flew into him the other day while practicing her maneuvers. Apparently he fell for her at first sight. On the same day he asked her out and she ended up joining Rarity and Fluttershy on one of their spa trips to seek some more advice.”

“Oh yeah,” said Big Mac. “Ah spose Fluttershy could give some good advice. What with her and Snowflake datin.”

“Snowflake?” said Twilight. “That big pegasus with the tiny wings?”

“Eeyup,” he said. “The vary same. They’ve been datin a good while now. But they din’t want to announce anything till they new it was serious.”

“Makes sense,” said Twilight. “Plus Pinkie Pie would want to throw a huge party.”

“Eeyup,” he said. “Aint that the truth.”

“I didn’t know you knew Snowflake,” she said.

“Ah know him through Ace,” he said. “Ace is big inta sports and Snowflake has helped him tone up some. While many think he got that way through magical means, Snowflake says he got his muscles through years and years of weight tranin. Though since datin’ Fluttershy he’s been cuttin’ back. He don’t want to get so big he can’t barely move.”

“That’s good,” she said. “Although I’m sure part of him backing off from weight lifting so it’ll be easier to sleep with her.”

This remark got Big Macintosh blushing so bright that even a casual looker would notice.

“Ah…um,” he fumbled a bit. “Ah spose that’s one reason tah cut back.”

“I know I wouldn’t want you too muscular,” she said with a sly smile. “I like you nice and limber.”

“Well, ah,” he fumbled again almost choking a little on his drink. “Ah like the build you have too.”

“All that apple bucking has certainly improved my physique,” she said.

Big Macintosh couldn’t deny that. She had become a lot more toned since helping out at Sweet Apple Acres. The hard work also seemed to make her a bit more amorous, which he wasn’t gonna totally complain about. Grant it, too much good loving could make him a bit exhausted to work in the morning. But there was no way he’d say this to Twilight. He figured she’d learn some of her special skills from the many books in her library.

“I realize I haven’t been around the farm lately,” she said. “I’ve been making sure Bookworm is doing ok.”

“Ah understand,” he said. “Ya’ll gotta be able to look after a friend. The farm is doin’ just fine. It’s lookin’ tah be a really good harvest.”

“That’s great to hear,” she said. “I’m so lucky to have an understanding colt friend.”

“Ah knew a long time ago ah wasn’t gonna be one of those possessive colt friends,” he said. “Ah know you love me and yer a good filly.”

“I love you so much, Big Macintosh,” she said, leaning in to give him a kiss.

“Ah love you too, Twilight Sparkle,” he said, with a small but proud smile on his face.

“Maybe we can go back to my place for some dessert,” said Twilight.

“Sounds good tah me,” said Big Mac. “What kinda dessert do ya have?”

“What do you think,” she said with a very seductive look.

“Oh,” said Big Mac, understanding perfectly what she meant. “Well, it certainly has been a little while.”

“One week, three days, ten hours, and eight minutes,” she said.

“That’s impressive,” he said.

“I don’t like being without you,” she said.

“Ah know the feelin,” he said. “Wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t fer the distance.”

“Yeah…” she said. “I wish we were closer to each other.”

“We could be,” he said.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“Why don’t yah move in with me,” he said.

Twilight’s eyes widened with shock.

“Are you serious?” she asked.

“Eeyup,” he said. “We’ve been together long enough fer me tah know ah don’t want nopony else.”

“But,” she began. “Shouldn’t be married or at least engaged before living together?”

“Ah suppose ya’ll got a point,” he said.

“Glad to hear you agree,” she said.

“So will you marry me, Twilight Sparkle,” he said.

“Are you serious?” she asked.

Looking at the intensity in Big Mac’s eyes, Twilight could tell that he indeed was very serious. Twilight didn’t expect things to be moving this fast. Sure she had heard of couples getting married much sooner than them. Her own parents dated a mere four months before getting engaged, and an additional four months before getting married.

“Well?” he asked.

“You really want to marry me?” she asked.

“Twilight,” he began. “Ah’ve wanted to marry you since before we even started datin. Ah wouldn’t go so far tah say since the moment ah laid eyes on ya, but once we started datin ah knew it was only you ah wanted tah be with fer the rest of mah life. Ah kept dealyin though cuz ah didn’t want tah feel like ah was pressurin you so early on. But ah can’t wait any longer. So yes, ah want tah marry you. Ah want to spend all mah days with you. Ah want tah have children with you.”

Twilight was in a little shock, though not in a bad way. In a way it reminded her of the day Big Mac first said he loved her. So passionate and confident in how he said every word. She never really ever imagined any colt saying these things to her. Six months she and Big Mac had been dating, and it never really occurred to her that they would possibly get married, and even have a family! She then noticed that Big Mac was still looking at her, waiting for an answer.

“Big Macintosh,” she began. “I can’t imagine myself with any other pony. Of course I’ll marry you!”

They both leaned in for a deep, passionate kiss. After pulling away, Twilight had more to say.

“But let’s not announce it right away,” she said. “Let’s get some things planned out first before Pinkie decides to throw a gigantic party. Plus we should prepare for a wedding during one of the slower seasons at the farm.”

“Sounds like a good idea tah me,” he said. “Long as ah get to be with you, that’s all that matters.”

They shared another kiss, Big Mac paid for their dinner, and they went back to Twilight’s library to have their own celebration.

Author's Note:

Twilight's parents getting engaged after 4 months of dating and getting married 4 months later is based on my own parents, who have been married over 30 years. ^_^